Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Release is Live!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Release is Live!
Page 11 of 16«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/31/2009 14:22:31   
Sasword

As of now im just accumulating gold for when they release some new weapons and for future stat training fees.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 251
7/31/2009 14:31:11   
Yrro

@Karika
If you are a free player then you can't get any of the pets from the scoutship quest yet, they are all too high of level or Z-Token/Warp Guardian.
Post #: 252
7/31/2009 17:34:32   
ferty157

Woot!! I just became a warpguardian!!!

Warpguardian Shadow

________________________________-
www.dragonfable.com - awesome game
www. mechquest.com - very addictive
www.battleon.com - interesting but gets kind of dull
www.aqworlds.com - best game ever !!!!
www.warpforce.com - even better than all of the
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 253
7/31/2009 17:45:32   
Bu Kek Siansu

^ Nice character! :)
Post #: 254
7/31/2009 18:14:17   
Darius

/me is patiently awaiting the release of the WG Blaster, and hoping that the WG weapons will be paintable once the boomerang gets updated.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 255
7/31/2009 18:47:30   
cantar

I made my elf a striker so is it best for me to stay away from ranged weapons, I know this sounds dumb but the melee weapons seem dumb.
Post #: 256
7/31/2009 19:20:14   
ferty157

@Mysterious Strangeface

Thanks knowing that it's coming from you!!

By the way I noticed that if you have a warpguardian and not the orginial guardian, you can login to AQ unlimited!!! but your still a free player

< Message edited by ferty157 -- 7/31/2009 19:22:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 257
7/31/2009 20:47:11   
Bu Kek Siansu

I'm not sure about that but you can play till the max lvl 130 in AQ as an Adventurer! :p <-- Off topic(I'm sorry)

< Message edited by Mysterious Strangeface -- 7/31/2009 20:51:31 >
Post #: 258
7/31/2009 21:58:33   
Darius

@ferty: Well isn't that nifty! Nice job finding that out for us!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 259
8/1/2009 11:55:24   
moneybags
More than a Game

Yay!
quote:

Good news for Gunners from the WarpGuardian Armory-- Your Boomerang has been upgraded into the WarpGuardian Blaster Rifle! Log in and try it out!

The WarpGuardian Armor Customizer has also been retrofitted to paint both the WarpGuardian Blade and the Blaster Rifle!

Time to test :)

EDIT: Hmmm, I don't see much of a difference, just faster animation, better looks, and its CC. Maybe its hitting a *bit* more...

< Message edited by moneybags -- 8/1/2009 11:58:40 >
Epic  Post #: 260
8/1/2009 12:06:57   
Other_Guy_27

Cool, I figured the red circles would be cape color though, but they're still the default color (or are they the secondary armor color?). Also could someone please post a pic of the Guardian Blaster?
AQ DF  Post #: 261
8/1/2009 12:28:42   
TW25

The point of the upgrade was simply the looks I believe. People were unhappy they had a boomerang, so the WF team gave them a gun.
AQ AQW  Post #: 262
8/1/2009 12:29:42   
moneybags
More than a Game

Here: http://i29.tinypic.com/2e3zig4.jpg
Epic  Post #: 263
8/1/2009 12:47:31   
mluther

yeah, they didn't like the looks but i think they also thought it was weak.
AQ MQ  Post #: 264
8/1/2009 13:01:01   
Zephyros
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Guns are weak, compared to sticks (which is my personal generic term for anything that you swing instead of shoot). Guns do not get stat bonuses to damage. They're the "default weapon" that anybody can use, it takes real specialization to use sticks well. People who use guns will also use techs, pets, etc. to deal damage, while a stick-jock will put their stat points into STR to boost their personal attack damage.
Post #: 265
8/1/2009 13:04:04   
Nightly

westwind

I'm going to guess that your omitting the fact that Luck and Dexterity helps with using guns as well? Of course, not in the same sense that Strength helps "sticks" to use your word.
Post #: 266
8/1/2009 13:19:38   
Zephyros

DEX and LUK aid in accuracy, and Lucky Strikes can happen to any weapon. Since that's a roughly even playing field between sticks and guns, I omitted them from the point I was making. The important part I was trying to get across is if you're a gunner, you will be using techs and/or pets to deal heavy damage and guns to deal weakish damage, while a striker will be getting moderate but consistent damage from the sticks.
Post #: 267
8/1/2009 13:21:06   
Nightly

westwind

So it wouldn't be a good idea to be a pure Gunner then? You would be better off being a mixture of some types of stats?
Post #: 268
8/1/2009 13:25:49   
Other_Guy_27

@moneybags
Thanks

@Westwind
Are the circles on the Guardian Blade staying the default color or will they be changed to cape color?
AQ DF  Post #: 269
8/1/2009 13:28:24   
Darius

I think I look good with the new blaster rifle, amirite? *pewpew*

My guns currently do more damage than my "sticks" with the right armor. Then again, with the right armor, my sticks can be quite formidable, too, so I guess it's up to the player how they wish to proceed. Gunner=mage and striker=warrior as things stand right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 270
8/1/2009 13:36:31   
Zephyros

Right, Nightly. Though that's definitely something I've been thinking about lately -- how to make gunner armors actually focus on guns, striker armors actually focus on sticks, etc.
Post #: 271
8/1/2009 13:38:44   
Rensure

@Darius

Looks cool..Matchs well

I hope that's not the way they are going to do it
..then i messed up..

< Message edited by Rensure -- 8/1/2009 13:41:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 272
8/1/2009 13:40:19   
Zephyros

The_Other_Guy_27 (and, well, everybody else, I guess) --
Should the gems on the sword stay red, or do you want them to be the cape color?
Post #: 273
8/1/2009 13:44:05   
Darius

I'd like to see them match the cape color, but I'm a gunner, so I don't have the sword. There are red gems on the blaster rifle, though, and I think they should match the cape color, too.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 274
8/1/2009 13:45:33   
Nightly

westwind

Now that would be a lot of coding. Mostly due to the fact that you would have to have two different types of armor just so there wouldn't be flame wars over the fact that Gunners/Strikers had more armors.

And increasing gun strength would be redundant because then Strikers would easily use them to further their own gain.

Making stats affect the guns would take possibly even more coding even if it would only be to make, presumably, Dexterity to affect the guns. Although their is only 20 or so guns that need to be changed as I don't think Z Token weapons should be stat affected, Sticks or otherwise.

So it is a conundrum, on how to do it easily and finding someone that isn't entirely lazy, or with a certain amount of time to devote to the project. Not to mention the bugs that would most certainly come from an armor that would help with guns.

Unless.... There was an armor with a trigger affect, that combined with guns, that would have a different trigger affect would add on something that would allow them to be stronger.

So the armor would have a - trigger affect and the gun would have a + affect, those two combined would make a stonger attack, I suppose. (The symbols mean nothing, they are there just to help explain). However, the Strikers could also take advantage of that. So assuming that the above suggestion was implemented, the armor would have to be able to read your base class to make sure that you are indeed a Gunner or else the Striker's would just use the weapon as well.

Or to make it relatively simple, a Gunner only quest?

This is tough indeed...
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Release is Live!
Page 11 of 16«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition