Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Release is Live!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Release is Live!
Page 13 of 16«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/2/2009 22:02:09   
Dragonlancefanatic

I saw the Q&A thread where it says what the stats do. So does that mean you get no damage bonus from Dex then? Just a bonus to hit? Thats kinda lame. I guess it means Str is useless for ranged too then?
AQ DF  Post #: 301
8/2/2009 22:36:31   
moneybags
More than a Game

Yup, unless you're using armor attacks like 'Throw weapon', etc., then you'll get stat bonuses from other stats.
Epic  Post #: 302
8/2/2009 22:50:17   
Dragonlancefanatic

wondering about stats now tho =( Doesnt even seem useful to be a gunner since Dex doesnt increase ranged damage =(

its very confusing Tronzor says that Dex increases damage on non gun ranged weps, tho what ranged weps in this game are non gun??

< Message edited by Dragonlancefanatic -- 8/2/2009 23:00:32 >
AQ DF  Post #: 303
8/2/2009 23:28:29   
mluther

guns have all the same power as magic weapons do in adventure quest when you've trained intellect. guns will be much more powerful than sword if you don't train strength which is exactly what mages do.
AQ MQ  Post #: 304
8/3/2009 0:29:04   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragonlancefanatic

I saw the Q&A thread where it says what the stats do. So does that mean you get no damage bonus from Dex then? Just a bonus to hit? Thats kinda lame. I guess it means Str is useless for ranged too then?

STR is still useful for Gunner! :p
DEX increases BTH and small damage, dodge ability!

Master List of Game Formula Remake By EverestAllure

quote:

Gunner

[2] Stat Damage Bonus (Per 100% Stat Bonus)
Ranged:: STR/10 + DEX/40 + LUK/20

[3] Stat Bonuses to Hit
Ranged:: [DEX/16 + DEX/16 + LUK/20]

[4] Blocking Ability
Blocking Bonus from Stats:: [DEX/10 + LUK/20]

Note
1) DEX: Increases BTH and small damage, dodge ability
2) LUK: Increases small BTH and small damage, Lucky Strikes, First Strike etc.

< Message edited by Mysterious Strangeface -- 8/3/2009 1:02:08 >
Post #: 305
8/3/2009 0:39:57   
moneybags
More than a Game

@Mysterious Strangeface: Erm, thats for AQ. In WF, STR doesn't affect gun damage other than 'Throw Gun', 'Knee Attack', etc.

quote:

Strength(STR) - Increases Melee damage and bonus to hit with Melee Weapons
Dexterity(DEX) - Increases bonus to hit percent for all attacks and dodging ability.

~WF Q&A

< Message edited by moneybags -- 8/3/2009 0:43:25 >
Epic  Post #: 306
8/3/2009 0:46:18   
Bu Kek Siansu

Did you know that from Aelthai?
Can you find out her post?
Post #: 307
8/3/2009 0:49:17   
moneybags
More than a Game

No, that came from the WF Q&A Thread, first post.

Also:
quote:

ORIGINAL: westwind

Another note about Gunners, Nightly, that you might be interested in... I'm talking to Aelthai, and we've worked out that DEX/LUK/END would be a "pure gunner," and is a very very workable build. You'll set yourself up in Defensive armors, and while you might be a little weak on the attack compared to other builds, you'll make up for that in survivability.

DEX/LUK/CHA would be a beastgunner (botgunner? xenogunner (xenomorph/alien)?), and while you'll do slightly more damage than a striker per turn, you'll be paying each turn for the guest.

DEX/LUK/INT would be an engineer, and you'll pay Energy to use the techs to deal big damage.

Meaning you won't need STR to be a gunner, which means STR doesn't play a part in gun damage, other than the special attacks from armors.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aelthai
At low levels, the amount that Stats are worth is very, very small compared to the amount Base/Random is worth - and Guns are supposed to, overall, always be a little behind Sticks if you train STR.

Also, most armors have a Weapon Throw or the like, which gets Melee-type BRS but requires you to use different Stats.

As it happens, Gun and Melee BRS is equal at Level 18, and Guns pass Melee BR at Level 19.

~From page 12, this thread.

< Message edited by moneybags -- 8/3/2009 0:54:53 >
Epic  Post #: 308
8/3/2009 0:58:17   
Bu Kek Siansu

I see! Thanks a lot, moneybags! :)
Post #: 309
8/3/2009 1:04:47   
moneybags
More than a Game

No problem :)

Now, I can't wait for the next release. Next release = Level cap raise = More equipment? and more content. :D
Epic  Post #: 310
8/3/2009 18:03:27   
Dragonlancefanatic

Sigh, still pretty confused lol. Thinkin I might just remake a guy, tho I alrdy made my Gunner a friggin WarpGuardian.....sigh.

I dont supposed I would be able to delete that guy and remake a WarpGuardian at level 1 would I in that same slot??

Tho I could just wait till the Untrainer guy comes out and just take all teh points out of Str throw em in Intel and End maybe =(

You would think since Dex doesnt increase Gun damage that the gun weapons would be a bit more damaging than the swords. Maybe that is the case?

< Message edited by Dragonlancefanatic -- 8/3/2009 18:05:33 >
AQ DF  Post #: 311
8/3/2009 18:06:10   
Rensure

quote:

No problem :)

Now, I can't wait for the next release. Next release = Level cap raise = More equipment? and more content. :D

You say ...(joker smile)..can't wait

Edit:The gunner seems to be the most confusing right now...

< Message edited by Rensure -- 8/3/2009 18:09:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 312
8/3/2009 18:12:32   
Dragonlancefanatic

Wonder if it would matter but, you could probably just train as a Striker even if you picked Gunner right?? I mean it doesnt really matter except for your starting weapon.
AQ DF  Post #: 313
8/3/2009 18:26:31   
Aelthai
Legendary Miss Fixit

There may eventually be some other minor tweaks, but yes, the major thing is the default weapon.

And yes, once you are past Level 18, Guns do more Base/Random than Sticks - but since they do not take Stat damage, a Stick user who has trained STR will do more damage than a Gun user.

In other words:

• If you train STR, use Melee weapons. You will do more damage.
  • If you do NOT train STR, use Guns. You will do more damage.
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 314
    8/3/2009 18:29:25   
    Rensure

@Dragonlancefanatic
    Yup,
    A pity tho...missing a earth weapon..a WG at that, hope they might be able to change the weapons later..or something like aq..Might happen... someday..

< Message edited by Rensure -- 8/3/2009 18:31:44 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 315
    8/3/2009 18:30:10   
    Dragonlancefanatic

Woot, thanks for clarifying, I was becoming a bit dizzy lol.
    AQ DF  Post #: 316
    8/3/2009 18:30:51   
    moneybags
    More than a Game

@Aelthai: But you DO gain ranged damage if you train STR by using the 'Throw Weapon' attacks, right?
    Epic  Post #: 317
    8/3/2009 18:31:08   
    Darius

Are striker/gunner hybrid builds feasible? That's what I'm aiming for at this point, but I may switch to pure gunner later on if I don't like how a hybrid plays.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 318
    8/3/2009 18:40:47   
    Nightly

Darius

Yes they are feasible. It does not take that many stats in either directions to have a stable build.
    Post #: 319
    8/3/2009 18:43:33   
    Rensure

So this mean anyone can use guns...-_-now Im confused...

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 320
    8/3/2009 18:48:51   
    Dragonlancefanatic

Is it just me or does the WG battle suit seem weak? I tested out some damage and I hit 10s and 14s on a enemy with 130 Light resist, wearing my WarpTrooper IIW but only 6s and 7s in my WG battlesuit.
    AQ DF  Post #: 321
    8/3/2009 18:50:00   
    weirdguy

Just wondering, but if you do not put points in STR and use guns, can you reasonably compensate for the decrease in damage compared to a STR stick user by using another stat to increase your damage indirectly?
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 322
    8/3/2009 18:53:40   
    Nightly

weirdguy

How do you propose to increase your damage indirectly? Gunners are meant to be a defensive build so the strikers should have a higher damage output and be focused on doing more damage whereas the Gunners will rely more on other things. So unless the other damage is coming from Skills and Techs, or Pets, then I don't think that will happen.

Dragonlancefanatic

The WG Battle Suit is a defensive Armor. Its Defenses get stronger as you level.
    Post #: 323
    8/3/2009 18:58:44   
    weirdguy

Heh, I was thinking about breaking into the Skill/Tech area seeing as MP is sort of wasted if you don't use it (plus having stronger heals would not hurt a defensive build), but pets could become more viable at the higher levels.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 324
    8/3/2009 19:00:44   
    Nightly

weirdguy

Well I have been talking to Aelthai about the Gunner build and she told me that it would be best to equip the Gunners with more defensive armors/builds and to allow your other outlets, to do the damage.

And on the Skills and Techs note, it would be a good idea to wait until more Skills and Techs get released and until Tronzor gets looked at.
    Post #: 325
    Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Release is Live!
    Page 13 of 16«<1112131415>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition