Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 1 of 1112345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/23/2009 15:32:12   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

WarpForce Gameplay Feedback Thread

Do you like WarpForce? Do you hate it? Have an opinion? :P Here's the thread to lay down your thoughts on the game and give the staff a general idea on how the players(YOU) feel about it. This is in no way a Suggestions thread, but it is a way to get your voice heard and feelings expressed about the game.

Some general rules:
  • Keep it constructive.
  • Follow the Universal Rules.
  • This is NOT a Suggestions thread so don't even start on that.
  • NO WarpGuardian vs Non-WarpGuardian flaming.
  • No spamming.
  • No Begging for an upgrade.
  • If you want to discuss the feedback someone gives with them, please do so via PM instead of posting in this thread
  • Feedback may be subject to clarification and response by Board and Game Staff.
  • And no Woot first post, it's considered spam.

Questions belong here: Official Release Q&A Thread
    Bugs/Typos belong here: WarpForce Bugs

I think that covers some of it. :)

Note: All feedback the players can provide, negative feedback included, is greatly appreciated. However, please keep in mind that feedback should remain civil and constructive.

< Message edited by OmniGuardian -- 10/3/2009 21:46:32 >
  • Post #: 1
    7/23/2009 15:34:59   
    dragonmechdude2.0

the game is very well thought out
    the missons are fun, and the items are very cheap :D
    and so is the training :D
    the Z-token items cost a little to much, but there INCREDIBLY strong :D
    wish there was a challenging boss, but the Judas quest is good enough :P
    i dont like that you got a BOA equivalent, just for becoming a WG, i though it would at least be hared to get it
    but the game is fun, and that's all that matter :D

"Woot, first post" removed, let's not spam. ~Clyde

sorry ._. i couldn't resist :P

< Message edited by dragonmechdude2.0 -- 7/23/2009 16:28:07 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
    7/23/2009 15:35:11   
    Nightly

I enjoy the game a lot. I must say that this is by far my favorite game.

The only criticism I can give has already been confirmed to being worked on. So keep up the good work!
    Post #: 3
    7/23/2009 15:37:29   
    Lord Athor

I like this game, it's very well thought through but there's one thing I think got a bit out of hand and that's the nerfing of the tripple attack of the WG armor: it does less damage than both the single and double attacks do and well... it seems a bit strange.

< Message edited by Lord Athor -- 7/23/2009 15:38:56 >
    Post #: 4
    7/23/2009 15:41:41   
    necrolich66

i love but there is one bad thing no magic weps
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
    7/23/2009 15:42:50   
    Hagen

I like the gameplay quite much except one thing: normal attacks require two clicks! It becomes boring and annoying as time passes. I think that attacks of various types should be integrated into the menu (so that armors could overwrite the default attack menu with their own ones).

One more issue (rather minor this time): animations of flights could detect if the sound effects are on, and if they are off they could progress faster.
    AQ MQ  Post #: 6
    7/23/2009 15:42:51   
    Nightly

necrolich66

There is very few magic in space. So that means no magic weapons.
    Post #: 7
    7/23/2009 15:45:15   
      Omni
    Quantum Mod

This game has taken what we know and love and improved upon it. Not enough technology? Bam WF. Too little cutscenes? Bam WF. Outdated menu's? Bam WF. Every complaint I could think of for AQ is being taken care of in WF. The biggest piece of advice I can offer is the following "Don't promise things you can't deliver and don't get a backlog of coming soon."
    Post #: 8
    7/23/2009 15:45:36   
    chemaric

Nightly ~ It is said that there isn't much magic away from Lore... But that doesn't mean we won't be getting any magic weapons at all, does it? I sure hope not. :/
    AQ  Post #: 9
    7/23/2009 15:47:57   
    Nightly

chemaric

Well it's already been said that the Mana bar should be replaced by EP. And spells have already been replaced by Skills and Technologies.
    Post #: 10
    7/23/2009 15:51:08   
    chemaric

Nightly ~ Hmm... That's too bad. Thanks for the information. :)

I hope that there'll be a new type of damage in replacement for magic, as well... Only two will really make only a few choices for character builds...

AQ  Post #: 11
    7/23/2009 16:04:03   
    Greystar

Magic is still there, infact the Uniforce attack on the Star Knight is Magic. Interestingly enough it also triggers on robots.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
    7/23/2009 16:04:48   
    weirdguy

First off, I'm just gonna grab my post from earlier and put it here.

quote:

Oh, I'm sure they'll have some great WG gauntlets later on. Of course, they sort of need to make more gauntlets first....

I elect that instead of a separate helmet item, we could just tap on the chest of the armor during our turn and activate the helmet (and the special ability), which would cost some SP. The same could be used to take it off, but no SP cost for that. It would make things simpler. I hope.

Aside from that, you probably know about some of our gripes about having a boomerang when we'd rather have a gun, plus I know some people like the boomerang, so I think that might be best left to a vote or something. I know you're also working on WG weaponry, so I'll let you figure out how to handle that with the stuff you know about on your end.

So far, things have been good, but a lot of people think there's a huge power gap between melee weapons and guns, personally I've not touched one striker weapon so far but if there is a gap, I certainly hope you look into how you handle gun damage and figure out something better than what we've got now. I think that in such a world, there would be some sort of viable tactic to using a gun over a melee weapon, and that should be reflected here somehow....

Good job overall though.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
    7/23/2009 16:05:41   
    necrolich66

i mean magic weps or mage class
    we have gunner and striker
    ranger and warrior
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
    7/23/2009 16:06:59   
    Nightly

Greystar

I never said it wasn't. It's just hard to find. Which is evident in the fact that in the WarpGaurdian mission you learn that there is only three Star Knights left.
    Post #: 15
    7/23/2009 16:15:15   
    Greystar

@Nightly
    Actually, I was replying to chemaric about
    quote:

hope that there'll be a new type of damage in replacement for magic, as well...
    Sorry for any confusion.

@Weirduy
    As far as Gun Damage is concerned, it seems to me like there is no modifier. Guns are essentially the default weapons, useful to most everyone,though they get there BtH from Dex as oppose to Str. However I have noticed that there is a damage difference between "Fire Gun" "Weapon Throw" and "Knee Attack" in the WarpTrooper armor. It seems like Throw>Gun>Knee at 0 STR and 40 DEX.

Like I said though, this is just my opnion :|
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
    7/23/2009 16:24:15   
    weirdguy

Well, if I'm doing more damage using an alternate attack than actually firing the gun, then.....I guess I don't really need to be a gunner. :P
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
    7/23/2009 16:31:40   
    saber boy

Loveing this game so far. Just wished the guns did more damage or got their damage modified by your stats. (Other than luck)
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
    7/23/2009 16:35:57   
    Rhowena
    Legendary AK!!!

All of the music so far=pure awesomesauce

The greatest difference I see in gameplay between WF and AQ is actually having a use for SP, which I'm liking so far.

My biggest issue right now is that the WarpTrooper armor's Gauntlet Attack only shows up half the time. I think this drops its power to around that of your base armor when facing enemies you want to use said attack against, and I don't see the basis for that kind of trade-off when you consider that one is given to you for free at the beginning of the game and the other is level 3 and costs 63 gold.
    AQ DF  Post #: 19
    7/23/2009 17:12:23   
    Aelthai
    Legendary Miss Fixit

The WG triple is 3 hits of 1/3 damage; Double is 2 hits of 1/2 damage; Single is 1 hit of full damage. This is because there are other attacks on teh menu - we don't want to encourage you to never use Single, or to always use Triple - and yet, there has to be at least one "just attack" button on each menu, so that there is something that doesn't cost either SP or EP - otherwise, you could get stuck.

If you have overtrained your DEX, Throw is indeed likely to be more useful to you than Gun - Throw uses the standard Ranged formulae, which are slightly more affected by DEX than Guns are. If you are at the assumed DEX, Throw and Fire Gun will be very close to each other.

Magic weapons are possible, but RARE.

Yes, we definitely know about the Boomerang. I can't promise anything, but - we do know, and we do try to keep the game enjoyable.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
    7/23/2009 17:19:32   
    weirdguy

Well, thanks for taking the time to talk. I think it's a crucial part to maintaining player confidence.

I just wish that there was an ability set that indicated that we weren't just some schmucks with guns (since due to guns being set in a static power range, apparently grabbing some random person off the street and handing them a SR is roughly as effective as a level 20 gunner), and that we actually had something to distinguish ourselves from strikers who happen to be gun nuts.

< Message edited by weirdguy -- 7/23/2009 17:22:00 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
    7/23/2009 17:22:25   
    Trillionaire

I have to say, WarpForce is a wonderful game so far!
    Great job on the realease of WarpForce! I think that this game looks
    very futuristic and detailed. I only have twoish questions,
    what time does WF take place? Is it during AQ or what?
    The other one is, I read on the main page of WF, that
    there are other classes, or the type, other than striker or gunner.
    Any idea when those are going to be released?
    Once again, wonderful game!
    ~Trill

< Message edited by Trillionaire -- 7/23/2009 17:24:10 >
    DF  Post #: 22
    7/23/2009 17:32:24   
    weirdguy

Oh, I'm sure they'll have other classes in the future once they get this ball rolling. Er, rolling faster.

WF is set in the aftermath of the Devourer saga, when the Devourer has been repelled, but as it turns out the greater threat to the universe could very well be the Network that acts as the Devourer's servants, because in reality many of them have their own dark and greedy ambitions that are contrary to their service to said Devourer.

And that's where we come in. We left Lore in a sort of Star Trek-ish fashion to go after these agents of corruption and hopefully unite the galaxy against evil. Or something like that.

In the meanwhile we get these sweet doodads to play with.

< Message edited by weirdguy -- 7/23/2009 17:45:23 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
    7/23/2009 18:23:23   
    Aelthai
    Legendary Miss Fixit

A Level 20 Gunner should have much higher DEX than some random guy off the street so he'll hit quite a bit more often (plus, he can use Level 20 guns!)

If the Striker is a gun nut .. well, he really ought to be training STR and using Melee weapons, Melee weapons with DEX and STR wll do more damage than Guns with DEX alone - that's sort of the point, you have a whole extra stat to stick into INT (skills/techs) or CHA (Pets/Guests) or ... whatever you prefer.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
    7/23/2009 18:27:23   
    Nightly

I know that I can say, as a Level 20 Gunner my Dexterity is at 40. Or something like that. I haven't checked in a while.
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread
    Page 1 of 1112345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition