Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Battle Strategy/Equipment/Stats Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Battle Strategy/Equipment/Stats Discussion
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/22/2009 22:14:58   
entity azirius

How is my character faring stats wise? Azirius

I think it's doing pretty well, so far! I thought I'd go for a Pure Warrior build here, seeing as I play a Beast Mage in AQ; makes a nice change!
I will probably keep the 20 points in End regardless of any advice, I always appreciate a bit of survivability instead of a massive powerhouse character (which seems to have happened anyway, due to the Z-Token weapons >_>;). Any other advice is appreciated :]

EDIT: Also, is there a better alternative to the Gale-Force Beam Lance Z weapon? Yeah, it has an abnormally powerful special (I've seen the last hit do over 200 damage V_V;), but I don't like having a chance to deal a fairly large chunk of damage to myself every now and again!

< Message edited by entity azirius -- 10/22/2009 22:17:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
10/22/2009 22:25:20   
moneybags
More than a Game

Hrmm, the stats are quite fine, but I myself don't like the 20 END. You might as well keep it though, as you said, with your powerhouse Token items :) It should help you breeze through the levels...

A wind weapon? I'm afraid you'll have to do with what you have. I quite like the weapon, actually. 66% of the special doesn't harm you a single bit, and when that 33% does strike, well, thats why you have the END :) It doesn't really matter anyways, you won't be using that weapon for every single battle. If you don't like it, I'm sure alternative wind weapons will be released in the future releases :D

~moneybags
Epic  Post #: 102
10/22/2009 22:35:58   
entity azirius

I had a feeling you wouldn't like the Endurance :P

Only 33% of the time? Must just be my luck, for me it's closer to 50/50 for each, but I suppose that's just the RNG being evil >:P
Anyway; thanks for the advice, glad to know I'm mostly on the correct track! =]
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
10/22/2009 22:44:39   
moneybags
More than a Game

:P

Yup, I'm quite sure that its about 33% of the time. 1/3 would be the uber powerful special, 1/3 would be the normal weak - ish special, and 1/3 would be the special that hurts you.

Pshh, of course you're on the right track! Look at all those token items! o.O As always though, just remember to upgrade your items to a higher level when you accomplish that level and / or if its possible. Do the quests, enjoy your time, and try to cover every element in the Pet and Spell section. There aren't much gauntlets, I'd get as much as I can into my inventory. There aren't much armors either so you can probably buy 'em all, test them out, and decide what to do after. Just the basics, but just reminding you :)

~moneybags
Epic  Post #: 104
10/22/2009 23:12:48   
BlueKatz

About he wind weapon, it's not that bad
40-60% normal damage
10% epic hit
20% (or 10%) not so epic hit
10-20% damage self
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 105
10/22/2009 23:29:48   
Darius

quote:

Projected Lv.45 stats, currently Lv.36:
STR=0
DEX=75
INT=80
END=20
CHA=0
LUK=50
Character page in sig.

Can I get a rating, please? Character page has moved to my AQ slot.

< Message edited by Darius -- 10/22/2009 23:30:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
10/23/2009 12:46:23   
moneybags
More than a Game

Okay... Here goes. Your stats are quite fine by level 45, END in the right place, a good amount of DEX and INT, and a perfect amount of LUK. If you prefer, you can take a bit of LUK off and place them into INT or DEX, but thats up to you. You'll do fine with those stats now.

Your weapons are all in place. Just remember, every element NEEDS to be covered, and just keep upgrading the weapons to a higher level when reached / if possible. Another note to keep in mind, if you look for power and not looks, it should always be higher level weapon > lower level weapon. Just a 'common sense' rule, but just reminding you.

Your armors: pretty darn good. You've got that token armor that will probably last you until level 45 and higher. There aren't much armors in the game right now, I fit all of them in my inventory, I'm sure you can too ;-)

No need to look at your gauntlets... They are top notch.

Your techs are a section I want to discuss. Remember to upgrade your Gamma Emitter when you reach level 41. Since you are a Gunner - Engineer ( a combination of DEX and INT ), one of your main sources of damage would come from Techs. Which means you need all 8 slots. Your last slot, you'd need the Nanotech spell. Although only level 25, it covers 3 elements, which is pretty darn good. Its even got an option where you can choose to heal yourself. With those 3 elements covered (Energy, Earth, Fire), you can sell WG Warp. Now, for your last slot, there are 3 options. The new spell: Call MediDroid. I wouldn't get this; you've already got two healing sources from your spells. Next comes Call Zorborz (spelling mistake? :S). He's quite a good guest, but since you already have a darkness spell... Finally, its the Warp Crystals series of spells. It deals Ice and Light damage, so it might come useful (Cyro Bombs aren't exactly the 'bomb' ice spell of the game). What you get is up to you; you'll last quite a while either way.

Pets are looking good, but why only 6? I'd get them all and test them all out... But thats up to you.

Miscs, not much to say. There aren't much to begin with, so its pretty much get 'em all, test them out and throw away the un - useful ones.

~moneybags
Epic  Post #: 107
10/23/2009 15:08:37   
Darius

I really wish they'd come out with a wind gun already, the beam lance is a stick and I have 0 STR.

I took your advice for skills/techs and got the Nanotech and Warp Crystal techs. There's also an upgrade for Vacuum at Lv.43, so I'll have to keep that in mind, as well. I could always use Uniforce Attack for an Energy spell, too. It doesn't work with the trainer, but in a monster fight it should do okay.

Thanks for the advice, moneybags!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
10/24/2009 9:02:11   
Traveler
Helpful and Constructive!

I'm aiming for a classic hybrid, but I'm not sold on the current Techs, so I'm currently leaning towards warrior. Any suggestions about my build or equipment? Character page
AQ  Post #: 109
10/24/2009 9:29:35   
Bu Kek Siansu

I suggest you to untrain the 15 INT and increase the STR or make STR and DEX equal with END behind.

As a Striker
L 30 | 70 STR, 60 DEX, 20 END | 60 STR/DEX, 30 END |
L 35 | 80 STR, 70 DEX, 25 END | 70 STR/DEX, 35 END |
L 40 | 90 STR, 80 DEX, 30 END | 80 STR/DEX, 40 END |
L 45 | 100 STR, 90 DEX, 35 END | 90 STR/DEX, 45 END |
L 50 | 110 STR, 100 DEX, 40 END | 100 STR/DEX, 50 END | <-- Next

I'm working on a guide for Stats Training.

~Mysterious Strangeface

< Message edited by Mysterious Strangeface -- 10/27/2009 11:47:11 >
Post #: 110
10/24/2009 10:05:02   
Traveler
Helpful and Constructive!

As I said, I'm going for a Hybrid, so I'll end up training INT to the same level of the others. I'm just leaving it a bit behind, but I prefer to have some...
AQ  Post #: 111
10/24/2009 10:18:14   
Bu Kek Siansu

Oops, sorry!

< Message edited by Mysterious Strangeface -- 10/27/2009 11:48:55 >
Post #: 112
10/24/2009 11:29:54   
moneybags
More than a Game

Traveler,

Ah, I see. So you're kind of a Striker, but changing into the Hybrid once more spells come out?

In that case, lets take a look at your stats. I prefer lower END; 30, in my opinion, is too high (although END is quite a good stat to have, it just makes battles a teeny bit longer). I'd keep it at 20 by level 45, and at about 15 right now. Then, I'd place the 10 stat points on STR or DEX; it depends on which you prefer. DEX, as you know, for BtH and STR for extra power. By level 45, a classic Hybrid (leaning Striker) in my eyes would look something like this:

• STR: 85 / 80 / 95
  • DEX: 85 / 80 / 75
  • INT: 55 / 65 / 55
  • END: 20
  • CHA: 0
  • LUK: 0

The first option would be quite balanced for a Hybrid leaning - Striker, the second would favour INT a bit more, and the third would favour power over the others. Notice how the END stays at 20.

~moneybags
Epic  Post #: 113
10/24/2009 12:11:39   
afsoc4life

is an end of above 15 really needed? Mine has remained at 10 since and I am level 36 now!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 114
10/24/2009 12:18:44   
moneybags
More than a Game

If you want to be on the safe side, yes. Doing quests, with 2 monsters in a row without heal, is quite difficult with only 10 END (heck, its quite difficult with 15 END). I guess its all up to you and your style of play, but I just like the 15 END there for insurance.

~moneybags

< Message edited by moneybags -- 10/24/2009 12:19:07 >
Epic  Post #: 115
10/24/2009 16:42:03   
The Great Abraxas

well i have my build as usual; high str (current:80) and end (current:60) and this time dex (15)

btw lvl 31 warpstrike (WG)

Character page: Dragonlord grave
Armor suggestion Ancient nord armor
AQ AQW  Post #: 116
10/30/2009 10:21:40   
CN

i havent played WF since it came out cuz of the lack of content, so what build would you recommend for a nonWG?
also is there any equipment guides for nonWG?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 117
10/30/2009 10:34:22   
moneybags
More than a Game

A WarpTracker? Really, it all depends on your style of play, it doesn't have anything to do with being WG or not. If you like Power, go for a Striker (STR, DEX, and LUK), if you like more versatality, go for a gunner (DEX and LUK, with any other stat you like).

END if you want battles to last longer and have a less chance of dying
CHA if you like pets, or
INT if you use spells

There aren't many equipment guides because there aren't a lot of equipment to begin with. Even if there is, its a bit obvious because you just need to get the weapon with the level closesst to you, and make sure if its a gun or a stick depending on your build

~moneybags
Epic  Post #: 118
10/31/2009 20:48:03   
Mazic
Ya! Ha!!

WarpGuardian Melee Weapons and WarpGuardian Range Weapons have been updated to level 45.

Next guides to come are Z-token weapons for both Melee and Range. Then I will work on Warptracker weapon guides. If you see any errors or feel that I may have put an incorrect weapon please let me know, thanks!

~Mazic

< Message edited by Mazic -- 10/31/2009 20:49:39 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
10/31/2009 21:15:29   
moneybags
More than a Game

Mazic: Sorry, didn't read through the whole list yet, but one minor mistake that can be fixed on the WG Ranged weapons at level 45 is the Darkness weapon. The Dark Matter Gun, available from Gravlax, is 10 levels higher than the Gunblade.

~moneybags
Epic  Post #: 120
11/1/2009 1:51:24   
Mazic
Ya! Ha!!

Ahh thanks. Fixed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
11/1/2009 21:47:03   
thrak

really need a good suggestion for a lucky hybrid beastmaster ( I know it is spread) @ level 15.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 122
11/1/2009 21:57:03   
moneybags
More than a Game

A Lucky Hybrid Beastmaster? Thats 5/6 stats! Well then, more versataliy comes with less power, I guess.

Level 15
STR: 20
DEX: 15
INT: 15
END: 5
CHA: 10
LUK: 10

As you can see, stats are all spread out. Strength will be there for the stat damage for sticks; Dexterity for the extra Bonus to Hit and Intellect for the MP / EP. Note that END is at 5, since it will only be at 50 when level 135 (when the cap eventually gets there). Since there are no pets, Charisma is lowered to 10. Luck isn't that useful and won't make a noticeable change until you have 80 or so, so it'll be at 10 (you only had 10 stat points left :P)

~moneybags
Epic  Post #: 123
11/2/2009 11:24:43   
afsoc4life

thrak - what stat would u really like to focus on?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 124
11/2/2009 12:15:53   
helloguy

what should i aim for at moment http://aq.battleon.com/Build30/charviewWF.asp?temp=66866048
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Battle Strategy/Equipment/Stats Discussion
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition