Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 48 - Rest in Peace? (Bballman23)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Rest in Peace? (Bballman23)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2009 17:05:58   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Rest in Peace?
by Bballman23

Since the dawn of Lore, creatures of all breeds and species have been laid to rest in the great, tranquil graveyards of the land. They've waited their turn, looking forward to their eternal rest in nature's rock-hard embrace. In the last several years, however, the influx of Adventurers into Lore has changed the lives of the dead forever.

"Before, we were pretty happy where we stood in (or under) the world. Sure, some of us grew tired of death and wandered around, but it was all in good fun. That all changed when Artix led hordes of Adventurers into Lore for the first time, though," said "Carpal" - Corporal - John Femur.

Ever since the arrival of the Adventurers, Femur says, there hasn't been a moment of rest for him and his fellow skeletons. Femur first saw action in the Undead Wars of '05 and '06, when evil and ebil forces raised him from the dead to fight Artix and the Adventurers.

"There I was, resting after a long and hard life of surviving in Lore, when suddenly I found a crude sword in my hand and a mass of eager Adventurers in front of me. We crossed swords briefly, and there I was back in the ground," said Femur.

Femur and his fellow undead have fought in many other conflicts since then - he gained his promotion to Carpal for rising (and falling) six times during the Necromancer vs. Paladin War - and now they just want their promised peace.

"I'm tired of these wars. When we win, I get dismissed and returned to the ground. When we lose, I 'die' and fall to pieces. And, as if the wars weren't enough, today's Adventurers and Paladins stroll through Granemor's graveyard looking for undead to slay. I mean, of course we're going to challenge them, but it's really very oppressive," said Femur.

The undead are not the only ones unhappy with the treatment of today's dead. Many living persons try to avoid the same fate by becoming Ghosts or even liches.

"Did I want to become a lich? Of course not. The robes are way out of style, and you can't enjoy a nice ale when you're half-dead. I figured if I was going to be undead eventually, though, I might as well control some other undead," said Rick Gygax, who spent his whole life training in the art of necromancy to become a lich.

Even Death complains that the constant re-animation of the dead and their subsequent re-death muddles his records and disturbs his hourglasses (wherever they are).

"If all these deaths continue to happen and then be undone, I might have to start keeping better track of who comes in and out of my domain. I think we know what that means about certain favors I've been giving out, don't we?" said Death.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/10/2009 23:12:08   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Double B,

Your article actually gave me food for thought as it were, The last line you give in particular was astoundingly classic! It should go into the undead book of lorian records for how well it fits just about everything that has to do with death himself!

It was a pleasure to read an article that discusses the questions about the graveyard and undead skeletons.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Rest in Peace? (Bballman23)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition