Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Newsletter: Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Newsletter: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/14/2010 16:31:28   
Aelthai
Legendary Miss Fixit

The Special Mission does count towards the War meter.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
3/14/2010 20:46:44   
MonsterMike9000

Did anyone else get hit by this glitch for the Inspection Guardian quest? I bought the lvl 45 guardian plasma gun at the shop at the end, but my inventory isn't showing it. And when I did the quest again to access the shop, it told me I already had one. :/

quote:

Post it here! Thanks! :) Mysterious Strangeface

< Message edited by Mysterious Strangeface -- 3/14/2010 21:03:59 >
AQ  Post #: 52
3/14/2010 21:49:46   
Shirefolk

I came into the war in an attempt to help out, and my level 7 noob got put toe to toe with a level 15 Nefadon :P Back to the VR Deck for me >_>
AQ  Post #: 53
3/14/2010 21:51:44   
moneybags
More than a Game

Aww ): The Nefadons will put up a good fight, especially if you don't have a good build or strategy. Add that with some low-powered weapons for your level, then you've got one heckuva monster to beat.
Epic  Post #: 54
3/14/2010 21:54:53   
Shirefolk

Plus, I'm still getting the hang of WF, so I'm not terribly good at it.

Hopefully I'll be able to throw a few kills in before the end of this though :P
AQ  Post #: 55
3/14/2010 23:43:01   
Necrophades

I don't think reinforcements are coming, guys. Even after we got the war advertised on the AQ homepage, we still have less than 20% of the required victories. This is looking more hopeless with each passing day. Either AE has to realize that they have royally skrewed up with this war, or WF is looking at a very drawn out and depressing month. Here are the problems.

-There are 5 times as many monsters as the current population could have possibly dealt with in one month.

-Every monster is strong for its level, with artifically high HP for having 0 END.

-Character pages are not showing player wins. This removes a great deal of the competetive element from the war, which is a great help to drive a lot of people.

I'm running waves every day, but there's only so much that can be done when you have maybe 30 people fighting the war at any given time. These problems have to be addressed, and they need to be acknowledged soon. If something isn't done, this war is set to end up like the Mechquest Bug War. We cannot finish this war by the March update. In fact, we will not be finished in time for April, May, June, or July.

< Message edited by Necrophades -- 3/14/2010 23:45:02 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 56
3/15/2010 0:16:14   
Another Challenge

As was mentioned though Necro, this is more of a test war than anything. The Gods that be, wanted to see how much we could kill and even though it wasn't meant to be "un-winnable" the task that was set before us was of immense difficulty.

All we can do is enjoy the ride and keep on killing. On the bright side at least we know the WF community is up for a challenge or two.
AQ  Post #: 57
3/15/2010 9:47:23   
Shirefolk

And; it helps the WF/AQ team know what to throw you guys next time :)

(And who knows? They might feel sorry for us and have the Alteon bomb the entire Nefadon army out of exsistence :P)
AQ  Post #: 58
3/15/2010 13:45:15   
Ublank

If it really is more of a test war than anything else, my feedback is:

enemies are too hard, plus there are too many of'em.

My lvl 18 character can put up with one lvl 25 Nefadon, but the second one is sure to wipe the floor with my gunner.

I understand that AE wants to improve on the perceived flaws of AQ, such as equipment that is too powerful, or enemies that lack a need for a strategy to beat them. For "dedicated" players, that new approach might be intersting as they see this as some kind of challenge. Yet, speaking for myself, I get absolutely no - zero - satisfaction out of these battles. Loosing stops being fun the 15the time around.

Some might argument, that my character stats are sub-optimal, also that my equipment is below par. As a casual player, however, i am looking for fun in a game, for some way to kill time and enjoy doing just that. If that doesn't suit this particular game, than I'll just stop playing and move on rather than having to optimize my stats or my equipment. There are tons of other games out there. I'm not sure that is what AE wants, though.

Cheers,

UBlank

Edit: char ID: 63248243

< Message edited by Ublank -- 3/15/2010 13:49:21 >
AQ DF  Post #: 59
3/16/2010 9:47:28   
Nex del Vida

People have been complaining that Nefadon are too hard, and I agree that they are difficult. I'd just like to bring it to your attention, though, that my L60 can in fact beat two L75s in a row. It's not easy, by any means, and it requires both a healing spell and several potions, plus the fact that my equipment is all fully upgraded. I just want to let everyone know that it could be an equipment or strategy problem rather than a monster problem.

Regardless, we've done really well. Even if we lose this war, as I've said previously the results will be fascinating. I'm going to keep fighting until the bitter (or not bitter!) end, so let's show the Nefadon what we're made of.
AQ  Post #: 60
3/16/2010 9:53:38   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

We can all do to the best of our abilities in the war, If equipment is an issue, levelling or saving for a better item is not hard. and there isn't too much exp between levels.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
3/16/2010 15:06:25   
Ublank

Both of you are definetly correct.

But that's exactly the point I am trying to make. I don't want to have to do my best, or have the best-suited equipment for the job.

I just want to play and not worry too much every now and then.

*shrugs*

Not like it really matters anyways. Enjoy the war!
AQ DF  Post #: 62
3/16/2010 17:55:32   
Aelthai
Legendary Miss Fixit

If you do not want it to be as hard, there's actually a simple way to make it easier.

Every kill you make counts towards the War meter. You can face one monster, then Flee, heal, and go back to fight another. Yes, it means you have to take extra time and have the SP available to Flee - but that's the cost of choosing to not face them as they are supposed to be fought.

Sometimes, it won't be possible to take on two in a row (at least, not without optimizing your equipment and using very good strategy). If you happen to get extraordinarily unlucky and get two monsters in a row that are at the top of your encounter range, it may well be difficult or impossible to beat them both - this is a time when it is completely appropriate to flee.

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 3/16/2010 17:56:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 63
3/16/2010 18:05:52   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

Discussions can continue here! ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 3/17/2010 11:46:30 >
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Newsletter: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition