Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism
Page 11 of 17«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/30/2011 20:11:35   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

Hmm, interesting. And Enduras... what is he exactly? My guess if Mordred's other half of his soul- in any rate, he certainly is related to Mordred if he reconized his dragon AND sword. Whatever. We shall see eventually!

Only complaint is the way Warlic acted. It was a bit childish (though Faderin just seemed grumpy, I'm not sure if thats normal) for such an old mage.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 251
11/30/2011 20:26:35   
Mortarion

Hey Mordred, you no using any of the ideas I gave you right, and I remember that I once asked you, what would Mordred think of Mortarion, but you never answered :(

On another note, will you add chapter marks?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 252
12/1/2011 2:30:33   
Glais

Yo Mortarion...o.
If you're referring to the Chaos theme, Mordred responded to that pages ago, you never had checked back :/ 40K themed chaos gods don't fit as in this story there is only one Chaos god:Chaos, who's a survivor of a previous universe.

And he did sort of hint he'd be adding chapters.

On another note, how long's it take on average to write a chapter Mordred? For future reference...
DF MQ  Post #: 253
12/1/2011 4:30:59   
Mortarion

No Glai, you stupid, I meant what would Mordred tink of Mortarion, from A Path to Madness, now slap yourself
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 254
12/1/2011 18:12:32   
Glais

@^:Your words.
quote:

you no using any of the ideas

What he'd think of Mortarion isn't an idea, the only ideas you gave were relating to Chaos :/

EDIT:My mistake, I missed the Plague bit, I have edited my future posts accordingly.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 12/1/2011 19:15:24 >
DF MQ  Post #: 255
12/1/2011 18:28:40   
Mortarion

No, you slap yourself, I suggested a plague planet a few pages back, and apparently he is not using them, so Glai, slap yourself with the force of a thousand Mordreds.

Mordred: will you put chapter marks, or no?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 256
12/1/2011 18:29:04   
Helixi

quote:

@Helixi: That'd be wunderbar. I have a critique thread on the second page of the critiques. Also, you'll find that the early portions are significantly... worse. Especially Falerin.

I'll add it to my list. :3

Edit @Mort and glai: Why so rude to each other? ¬_¬
AQ DF  Post #: 257
12/1/2011 18:32:24   
Mortarion

Helixi: Me isn't being rude, when I am rude I go all disease-y and murderous and cannibal, me is being nice
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 258
12/1/2011 18:35:46   
Razen

@Helixi: Why not? XP

Anyways, still totally calling it that Enduras is a fragment, alternate, or clone of Mr. Tumultu.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 259
12/1/2011 18:38:50   
Glais

I definitely think Enduras is either a clone, or an alternate version.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 12/1/2011 19:14:58 >
DF MQ  Post #: 260
12/1/2011 18:45:13   
lordkaho
Creative!

This all riveting and such, but let's not please turn this thread into another heated argument between the two of you. The author, being Mordred, is entitled to his own decisions whether to use or not use suggested concepts since it is his own story.
DF MQ  Post #: 261
12/1/2011 18:50:07   
Mortarion

Glai: You no answer me, why you must always say something against me in everything argh, I am still angry, but I'll stop

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 12/1/2011 19:00:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 262
12/1/2011 18:51:53   
Glais

I think we should take this to PM Mort, it'd be better for everyone.
And not answer? I thought I did! o_O

@Below:Agreed, and we have.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 12/1/2011 19:19:55 >
DF MQ  Post #: 263
12/1/2011 18:57:35   
Helixi

Why don't you two take this to PM? It would save the thread devolving into another argument.
AQ DF  Post #: 264
12/1/2011 20:12:48   
Mordred

quote:

he certainly is related to Mordred if he reconized his dragon AND sword.

Well, Arthur thought he recognized Enduras, who was totally oblivious. Heck, Mordred himself didn't recognize Arthur immediately. :P As for the sword... The thirteen Master Blades have some history behind them.

Each Master Blade was crafted by a master elven smith and imbued with powerful magics continually through a process that literally took years. The smiths their selves have no idea what kind of magics the blades possess, and each has different qualities that reflect both the smith who crafted it and its wielder, for whom it was commissioned for. Mordred commissioned his blade to an old elven blacksmith who had once been an elven warrior from before The'Galin had ravaged Lore. This smith was Milakiel, the Wondrous. He saw a similar kind of man(well, elf) in Mordred and taught him the way of the sword. Blacksmiths are deeply connected with their weapons in elf society; they come to know them like a brother, and are said to be unmatched in the use of their own weapon than any other. Yet Ivanur, and the other Master Blades, were... different. Their wielders were allowed to take part in the crafting of their weapons, and are said to have even infused a bit of their selves within them. The smiths found they could not equal their clients in the use of these weapons. As such, the blades had an inert bond with their masters until they either passed or changed too drastically to use the weapon. After that, the blades will be nigh-impossible to be used by anybody who does not meet the weapon's expectations. For some reason, Ivanur chose Enduras to wield it in battle against its previous owner, a most interesting situation.

@Mort: Tumultu sees almost all others as lesser beings who are misguided and need his guidance to begin walking the right path. He sees Mortarion as a deeply effected being who is in dire need of salvation and cure, through purification of body and through emotional balance. Unfortunately, he also thinks Mortarion's far too steeped in his own troubles and strife to be saved; to remove them from him would be taking away a vital part of who he is. Also, I do intend to use the suggested planets. I never said I wouldn't. And yes, I will add chapter marks and such.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 265
12/7/2011 23:15:57   
Mordred

And a new update! Only one more left until the end of Book One: The Rising!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 266
12/8/2011 11:49:58   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

I will read this when I can! From what I have seen it is good!

quote:

Each Master Blade was crafted by a master elven smith and imbued with powerful magics continually through a process that literally took years. The smiths their selves have no idea what kind of magics the blades possess, and each has different qualities that reflect both the smith who crafted it and its wielder, for whom it was commissioned for. Mordred commissioned his blade to an old elven blacksmith who had once been an elven warrior from before The'Galin had ravaged Lore. This smith was Milakiel, the Wondrous. He saw a similar kind of man(well, elf) in Mordred and taught him the way of the sword. Blacksmiths are deeply connected with their weapons in elf society; they come to know them like a brother, and are said to be unmatched in the use of their own weapon than any other. Yet Ivanur, and the other Master Blades, were... different. Their wielders were allowed to take part in the crafting of their weapons, and are said to have even infused a bit of their selves within them.

For some reason, after reading that it reminded me of the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy...
DF  Post #: 267
12/8/2011 22:51:19   
Glais

Hm, didn't like it as much as the last one, but it wasn't bad. Though, I realize I like Mordred less and less with each chapter, he's becoming almost Marty Stu-ish to me....luckily, he's not there.

The only thing I dislike so far isn't even in the story yet, the idea behind the Eludinari. Never been a fan of there just being a "superior race" as it seems they are. Not to mention changing ShadowScythe Empire to Eludinari Empire just seems....weird, though I cannot yet determine the word to describe the situation....
DF MQ  Post #: 268
12/9/2011 20:49:18   
Mordred

quote:

Never been a fan of there just being a "superior race" as it seems they are.

Well, they were the first race to give rise in the universe, and are essentially a race of gods. However, they were so "enlightened" that they wished to leave the physical state of existence and moved to a less physical state in order to try to learn the secrets of the universe. Not only that, but in order to reproduce, they had to die, to pass on their own lifeforce to their child. Which is what happened to Mordred. Mortimer fell in love with one of the more humble Eludinari. When she fell deathly ill due to the pregnancy and the implications this had for herself, he had to seek out someone able to save her, lest the child should die with her. He eventually came upon the only other Eludinari left in the universe, who never strayed far from his sister. He agreed to save her, without telling Mortimer beforehand that one person would die. When it came time to give birth, the Eludinari gave Mortimer a choice; would he rather his wife live, and child die, or would his wife give up her own life for her child? Mortimer, deep down, wished to chose the former. But one look at his wife's pain-wracked face, he knew what decision he had to make. So, he chose for his child to live. His wife gave up her lifeforce, and passed on. After seeing to Mordred's birth, the other Eludinari also passed, wishing to join his sister in the void(not the Void). This is an odd predicament for the child left behind. He has the powers and life-force of an Eludinari, but they are locked away because he's technically half-elf. Only if he manages to reconnect with what makes an Eludinari an Eludinari(the Elemental Planes) will he become a realized Eludinari. Which he did, unknowingly.

quote:

Not to mention changing ShadowScythe Empire to Eludinari Empire just seems....weird, though I cannot yet determine the word to describe the situation....

Well, there are two main reasons for this. For one, I think the entirety of the ShadowScythe has been a ruse; the heavy reliance on "the unstoppahble powah of DARKNESS" and undeath was merely to throw off his enemies. If they were used to this incarnation of his minions, they'd be woefully unprepared to deal with legions of beings they did not predict to be enemies. Not only that, but you should consider it from a PR perspective. Would you be so keen to imagine anything called a ShadowScythe Empire being a good empire? Probably not. Many beings would read into the connotations of ShadowScythe and refuse to oin based on those connotations.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 269
12/10/2011 14:58:08   
Glais

Well it least it's explained that age=experience. I misworded it rather, I dislike god-races, but as it is at least explained I shall cease complaints.]

And on the second thing, totally see your point there.
DF MQ  Post #: 270
12/10/2011 15:09:18   
Mortarion

The Eludinari remind me of the Ancients of Stargate
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 271
12/10/2011 16:14:56   
ArchMagus Orodalf

I've started to re-read. A few corrections:

quote:

Terrans whose hearts had been chorrupted by the Emperor of the Shadowscythe Empire were learning the ways of necromancy from the Necrominicon itself.

*corrupted/Necronomicon

quote:

All of thou shalt play thy parts

*All of thee

quote:

Thou hath two choices

*Thou hast

quote:

who you will become well-acquainted with.

*whom

quote:

the Ga'lin

Methinks you know what this is supposed to be.

quote:

For some reason, after reading that it reminded me of the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy...

Er... it reminded me more of Inheritance... and there's a LOT in here that reminds me of Inheritance.

< Message edited by ArchMagus Orodalf -- 12/10/2011 16:19:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 272
12/10/2011 16:48:38   
Mordred

quote:

Er... it reminded me more of Inheritance... and there's a LOT in here that reminds me of Inheritance.

I'd actually like to know what reminds you of that series, and whether that's a good or a bad thing. I myself am a fan of the series(totally devoured the fourth book in less than a day), so it'd be good to know what I'm subconsciously using as a crutch for myself.

>.> Those were never there, I say!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 273
12/10/2011 16:54:21   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

quote:

Oh sorry, not the story, but this quote reminded me of Lord of the Rings:

quote:

Each Master Blade was crafted by a master elven smith and imbued with powerful magics continually through a process that literally took years. The smiths their selves have no idea what kind of magics the blades possess, and each has different qualities that reflect both the smith who crafted it and its wielder, for whom it was commissioned for. Mordred commissioned his blade to an old elven blacksmith who had once been an elven warrior from before The'Galin had ravaged Lore. This smith was Milakiel, the Wondrous. He saw a similar kind of man(well, elf) in Mordred and taught him the way of the sword. Blacksmiths are deeply connected with their weapons in elf society; they come to know them like a brother, and are said to be unmatched in the use of their own weapon than any other. Yet Ivanur, and the other Master Blades, were... different. Their wielders were allowed to take part in the crafting of their weapons, and are said to have even infused a bit of their selves within them.
DF  Post #: 274
12/10/2011 17:03:52   
Mordred

I think even that reminds him of Inheritance, due to the uniqueness of the Rider swords crafted by one elven blacksmith. :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism
Page 11 of 17«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition