Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism
Page 16 of 17«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/12/2012 23:37:48   
Glais

quote:

What's with the laugh?

spoiler:

Is not Aidan your name in real life?

Hm, a Capitalist but in a very negative sense, intriguing.
DF MQ  Post #: 376
6/12/2012 23:41:43   
Mordred

spoiler:

Yeah, but Worthington is totally there just to sound British. XP

Yeah, it's capitalism to an extreme. But imagine a world with totally unregulated business, where workers are paid barely enough to feed themselves(not their families), have no rights, child labor is popular, smog fills the cities' underlevels(but of course, is kept away from where the middle and upper classes live)... It's all a mess.

@Mort: I do have vague concepts for some other worlds, such as a frozen wasteland filled with floating squid barbarians fighting off sea-serpents, a world dominated by a plague with the last of the uninfected losing ground, and cyborg dinosaurs. You can probably also expect Ancient Aliens references somewhere along the lines.

< Message edited by Mordred -- 6/12/2012 23:49:29 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 377
6/12/2012 23:48:58   
Glais

Yeah, not fun D:
DF MQ  Post #: 378
6/13/2012 0:02:14   
Mortarion

Are you accepting ideas for more worlds?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 379
6/18/2012 11:51:47   
Mordred

Not at the moment, no, Mort. There will definitely be a time for that.

Okay, I think I've got an idea of who the Seekers of Truth on Lore will be. One, who will be on Taiurula, will be Warlic's colleague, the Red Mage(red flags should be going off right now). Thromandular is an expert in alternative forms of magic, such as illusions, hypnosis, ANIMAL HUSBANDRY, matter manipulation, etc. Back on Lore, you have Beaumont von Blutseele, Dread Captain Mordred(I like making connections. XP), and an enigmatic Card Master.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 380
6/18/2012 18:08:54   
Glais

1.What is a Seeker of Truth?
2.Including MorDread I see...
3.Those 8bit references...
DF MQ  Post #: 381
6/18/2012 21:43:30   
Mordred

quote:

“I guess one could say it all started when Enduras started recruiting us to defend free-will. He’d travel to a bunch of different worlds, finding people willing to listen. Like us. One could say that our base of operations is on Lore, where support for the greater deities of the universe is strong. The guys stationed there are called Truthseekers. Others, like us, and you, now, travel across worlds, trying to stop the Empire from controlling the population.”

Seekers of Truth does sound better now that I think about it, so the terms will be used interchangeably, hopefully without confusion. Basically, the Seekers of Truth watch the goings on from afar on Lore, preparing for when the final confrontation comes. Everything goes back to Lore(but will not stay there). It is a world where belief in the gods is strong, and would be a significant victory for the Eludinari Empire. But yeah, everything goes back to Lore... Why could be anybody's guess, though some think Doctor When has some of the right questions to ask, at the very least...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 382
6/18/2012 21:48:17   
Glais

Well, I suppose that explains that.

Unrelated:Tumultu has some pretty terrible reaction speed considering how fast he is stated to be.
DF MQ  Post #: 383
6/18/2012 21:51:05   
Mordred

quote:

Unrelated:Tumultu has some pretty terrible reaction speed considering how fast he is stated to be.

Reactions to what, exactly? Sometimes(most of the time, actually), he's hiding his power. It tends to intimidate people.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 384
6/18/2012 21:52:34   
Glais

Fights, etc.

Mostly in the short fight with Mortimer. I mean considering
spoiler:

You confirmed Mordred to have FTL movement, Mortimer trying to kill Enduras should've looked like slow motion. No chance for any jeopardizing.
DF MQ  Post #: 385
6/18/2012 21:59:56   
Mordred

Ah, you mean Mortimer attacking Enduras. That would be a special case.

1) The very fact that Mortimer would even consider killing Enduras shocked him. He did not know his father as well as he had thought, an thus was caught off guard.

2) A good part of him was enjoying watching his father die. He did, in the end, hate him, because, well, he thought Mortimer had always hated him(and Mortimer's actions even later in life didn't really help to dispel this). You don't want something you enjoy to be over with as quickly as you could. Otherwise, people would be hoffing deserts down like air.

3) It takes a fair bit of his concentration to actually utilize his powers to the fullest. He does have his consciousness spread in many different places at once for his many machinations. As the final five years go by, he will bring his consciousness back into one focus, allowing him to utilize his powers to the max.

I'll certainly address such issues concerning Mordred's displays from now on, I hope.

< Message edited by Mordred -- 6/18/2012 22:00:45 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 386
6/18/2012 22:09:49   
Glais

Alrighty then. Well, suppose I don't have much more to say.
DF MQ  Post #: 387
6/23/2012 21:32:36   
Mordred

Updated! The Rise of the Nightmare will come in a few days. Sometime after I finish my submission for the face-off and the AQ contest.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 388
6/23/2012 22:24:21   
Glais

All I can say:Birdemic.

Anyhow. Oh look Tumultu, ruining their lives for your own trivial plans >_>
Probably had aome spy alter the Dream Programming or something.
DF MQ  Post #: 389
6/26/2012 0:47:38   
Razen

quote:

A dark cloud passed over the man’s face as h turned away from his friends, unwilling to let them see him brooding so.

Also, that part of Nhar'Whal becoming a new life-form, it'd be nice if that was explained soon. Good update, although I consistently wonder, why the gods and Chaos, Tumultu? It'd be lovely to get an answer for that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 390
6/27/2012 14:28:53   
Mordred

quote:

Also, that part of Nhar'Whal becoming a new life-form, it'd be nice if that was explained soon.

Hahahaha... Clearly, my powers of foreshadowing have failed me. :P

quote:

Good update, although I consistently wonder, why the gods and Chaos, Tumultu? It'd be lovely to get an answer for that.

All in due time. However, I will say one thing; it's an Eludinari Empire for a reason...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 391
10/23/2012 22:26:52   
Mordred

Pretty large update! Insanity abound, and tea!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 392
10/24/2012 3:45:17   
Glais

quote:

He’s responsible for one death already, and I w-“

Found this interesting.
And Crabastian's section was awesome. Also hilarious that even in monster mode he kept the accent but then...
Curbstomp. Aaaaaas usual.
quote:

Surely he knows, surely he knows that I saved one… My daughter… My gods, what will he do to her for my disobedience?!

...Star Wars?
quote:

As he said this, he unleashed a mental strike upon his disobedient soldier, sending his armored form into a slump on the ground, unconscious.

Nnnnkay.

Not a bad chapter though, enjoyed the parts with Crabastian the most, partially because I like your take on him and the other Many Angled Ones Old Ones.

And finally Good Mordred is here, maybe he can kick around Tumultu a bit heheheh. For whatever reason I imagine him with short brown hair, despite the fact that this is said not to be true.
spoiler:

Also in regards to Mordred's new costume....WarHammer40K/AQW? xD

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 10/24/2012 5:20:00 >
DF MQ  Post #: 393
10/24/2012 7:46:26   
Razen

quote:

making sure to stay aay from the edges,

This one needs aay changed to away.

I got to first
[hr]
break, but I'll have to finish the rest later.

Although, so far, the original reaction of Mortimer doesn't seem like that of a cruel father, rather that of one who believes their child couldn't do such a thing...not sure if that was intended or not though honestly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 394
10/24/2012 20:09:13   
Mordred

quote:

Found this interesting.

Pro-tip: The mother died giving birth to Mordred. And Mortimer has forever hated this fact, even more so because she chose this.

quote:

Curbstomp. Aaaaaas usual.

There was no curbstomp, though. In the mind, Crabastian probably overpowers most anybody with sheer power. He was outmaneuvered, though. If he sank deeper into the waters, he'd lose his transcendence as an Old One, because he'd be in far too deep to escape. He'll probably come back, anyways. Because Crabastian's a jerk, who breaks the rules like Dio Burawndo.

quote:

...Star Wars?

Eeynope. Galbradi's daughter is actually a Judge... She doesn't know that Galbradi killed his brother and essentially became a slave to spare her.

quote:

And finally Good Mordred is here, maybe he can kick around Tumultu a bit heheheh.

He's already shown up on more than one occasion. But yeah, he's essentially the other half of his soul he lost, trapped in a weakening prison.

quote:

Also in regards to Mordred's new costume....WarHammer40K/AQW? xD

Certainly not nearly as bulky as WH40K armors, and probably slimmer than AQDubz armors, too.

quote:

Although, so far, the original reaction of Mortimer doesn't seem like that of a cruel father, rather that of one who believes their child couldn't do such a thing...not sure if that was intended or not though honestly.

It's not that he doesn't believe little Mordred, and more that he flat-out refuses to believe him. Plus, wishing your son had been brutally murdered seems to land on the crueler side of parenting in my mind...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 395
10/24/2012 20:25:01   
Glais

quote:

There was no curbstomp, though. In the mind, Crabastian probably overpowers most anybody with sheer power. He was outmaneuvered, though. If he sank deeper into the waters, he'd lose his transcendence as an Old One, because he'd be in far too deep to escape. He'll probably come back, anyways. Because Crabastian's a jerk, who breaks the rules like Dio Burawndo.

Disagree with you there :d The end of it was, Mordred trapped everyone's favorite our resident Crab in his mind. It doesn't need to necessarily be a physical battle to still be a stomp.
quote:

He's already shown up on more than one occasion.

This is the first time he is openly revealed though, considering people who didn't read your old suggestion might not have known who the apparition was at first.
DF MQ  Post #: 396
10/24/2012 20:31:58   
Mordred

quote:

Disagree with you there :d The end of it was, Mordred trapped everyone's favorite our resident Crab in his mind. It doesn't need to necessarily be a physical battle to still be a stomp.

Crabastian escaped. His options were to stay and be trapped, or escape and miss out on his favorite soap opera. He went with the latter. :P

quote:

This is the first time he is openly revealed though, considering people who didn't read your old suggestion might not have known who the apparition was at first.

True... But yeah, I'm goin' places with dat.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 397
10/24/2012 20:42:05   
Glais

~_^ I must've misinterpreted the scene then, my bad.
spoiler:

Though if he HAD stayed, he could've been GoodMord's cellmate, which would have been awesome when he broke out. Crabastian perched on his shoulder or something.

Also, Network plot will be back soon I assume?
DF MQ  Post #: 398
10/25/2012 21:07:20   
Razen

@Mordred: I was more so meaning...in that specific instance where he denied the possibility that his son killed her(Although, he really didn't honestly, I don't count physical possession as the possessed committing the act).

quote:

Hr was dimly aware of the opening wall panels that let in a rush of mechanical drones; hulking, featureless things, crafted out of a pristine chrome-like metal in seemingly one single piece, forming roughly humanoid forms with broad shoulders and a single stilt to balance upon.

*He

quote:

The pleasantries complete, Mordred dropped to the ground, his descent slowing until he alighted softly upon the ground.

Should probably start with 'With' instead of 'The', so that it makes 'With the pleasantries complete...'

And, as to his new appearance...it sounds like it'd be difficult to maneuver, and if applicable to attire, unwieldy, wearing plate leggings AND robe bottoms.

quote:

only Nhar’Jusk was in one it

*on

As for the planet jumping...it felt incredibly awkward in my honest opinion. It was like "Welp, ooh, here's a portal I just popped up! Let's go, Team! GO TEAM!" like some...children's show or something? I dunno.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 399
11/7/2012 23:17:25   
Mordred

Super-late-reply-powers-go!

quote:

Also, Network plot will be back soon I assume?

It never really left. ~_^

quote:

And, as to his new appearance...it sounds like it'd be difficult to maneuver, and if applicable to attire, unwieldy, wearing plate leggings AND robe bottoms.

Fantasy character designs tend to be more liberal regarding how clothing/attire works. :P

quote:

As for the planet jumping...it felt incredibly awkward in my honest opinion. It was like "Welp, ooh, here's a portal I just popped up! Let's go, Team! GO TEAM!" like some...children's show or something? I dunno.

Gah, transitions. Although, really, it's hard for there to be any other way to do it, when you're surrounded by enemies who would likely kill you when you next met.

So, next update will feature Taiurula, a steampunk world dominated by capitalism, biomechanical enhancements, a wide gap between the upper and lower classes, a certain novelist-turned-politician, his adopted daughter, and Lore's Red Mage, a master of... alternative forms of magic... Including ANIMAL HUSBANDRY! All is not well... When democracy has become corrupt from corporate money, and the military/police all work for coin rather than the public... Tensions run high between a rumored lower-class revolution, oppressively ignorant upper-class, and a mysterious criminal known as The Jester...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 [16] 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism
Page 16 of 17«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition