Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 11 of 21«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/24/2010 17:10:11   
stealthwings
Helpful

quote:

However, it was MechQuest that shocked us all. Die hard MechQuest fans were so intense, loyal, and dedicated... and there were so many!

According to the AQW DNs, one of the ones from one of the cons, MQ is not unpopular.

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 9/24/2010 17:11:30 >
DF MQ  Post #: 251
9/24/2010 17:11:33   
raff

Same as Stealthwing, I think that Mechquest has more dedicated players than any other game.

< Message edited by raff -- 9/24/2010 17:13:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 252
9/24/2010 19:31:34   
Hellsoarer

WHY DUZ EVERYBODY HAVE TO QUIT ....
I keep typing in random ID # and every single person has a Newbatron and no weapons.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 253
9/24/2010 19:50:24   
King of the geats

I only recently started playing this game and got put off from many things.

1.Low pop number though the community is indeed dedicated.
2.Too many stat rolls.
3.Less cutscenes.
4.Sword combat is pretty boring.

Though I do like some things.

1.I like the looks of the Uniforms which beats all of the three games I played.(AQW,DF,AQ)
2.Mechs.
3.The fact that you can get a job.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 254
9/24/2010 20:04:45   
Hellsoarer

There are stat rolls?
I haven't seen one...
Are you sure...?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 255
9/24/2010 20:22:38   
lord loss 52

That's because of lame releases? I quit for almost 6 months and when i came back, it took me 1-2 hours to finish everything in between...and these releases...they ridiculously boring....
AQW  Post #: 256
9/24/2010 20:29:04   
JoeSkippy
Banned

The releases don't look that good...But I'll have to say. It has INFINITELY more community than AQ. Just look at it that way.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 257
9/25/2010 1:52:49   
royce924

From my point of view, this is what MechQuest should improve on.

Better Cutscenes: If you scuffle over to DragonFable, you'll see that they often have varying cutscenes, usually with 2 in every quest. Cutscenes in Mechquest are far and in between, as well as when we do get one, it usually is just a person talking through a communicator window, which is just loads of text. In summary, we should have more action cutscenes.

Less Rares: This is the best way to draw in a larger audience. Previously stated, new players don't care about what happened in the past, they only focus on what's available to them now. Even if we have so many rare weapons and mechas, new players wouldn't care if it wasn't available to them. Increasing the expanse of the permanent part of the game makes the game seem larger to new players.

SC-Monthly Mechas should be changed: There are several ways of going about this. We could, from this point onward, make each one permanently located in the SC Lounge. That way there is a growing expanse of SC Mechas available to every player who upgrades; not just one mecha. This would also make a bigger incentive to upgrade. Also changing the SCMs to bi-monthly gives the staff time to focus on the storyline, and give out more quests, not just equipment.

Better Quests!: If you look at some quests in DragonFable, some of them don't even contain drops. If you have an engaging quest or storyline, players enjoy it better, cause it's always entertaining. Most of the quests in MechQuest often just involve killing mecha after mecha. If you have an engaging or hilarious storyline, along with 1 or so drops, it's much better than flat-out 3 weapons and a monotonous barrage of mecha0fighting.

Make Leveling Easier: It is harder to level in MechQuest compared to other AE Games, like DF or AQW. I propose a 20% increase in EXP and Credits to all players, in order to take the stress of leveling.

< Message edited by royce924 -- 9/25/2010 1:53:49 >

Post #: 258
9/25/2010 4:17:19   
spikemugen

Cant say anything else but to completely agree on what royce924 is saying

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 259
9/25/2010 5:44:59   
Dault

quote:

From my point of view, this is what MechQuest should improve on.

Better Cutscenes: If you scuffle over to DragonFable, you'll see that they often have varying cutscenes, usually with 2 in every quest. Cutscenes in Mechquest are far and in between, as well as when we do get one, it usually is just a person talking through a communicator window, which is just loads of text. In summary, we should have more action cutscenes.

Less Rares: This is the best way to draw in a larger audience. Previously stated, new players don't care about what happened in the past, they only focus on what's available to them now. Even if we have so many rare weapons and mechas, new players wouldn't care if it wasn't available to them. Increasing the expanse of the permanent part of the game makes the game seem larger to new players.

SC-Monthly Mechas should be changed: There are several ways of going about this. We could, from this point onward, make each one permanently located in the SC Lounge. That way there is a growing expanse of SC Mechas available to every player who upgrades; not just one mecha. This would also make a bigger incentive to upgrade. Also changing the SCMs to bi-monthly gives the staff time to focus on the storyline, and give out more quests, not just equipment.

Better Quests!: If you look at some quests in DragonFable, some of them don't even contain drops. If you have an engaging quest or storyline, players enjoy it better, cause it's always entertaining. Most of the quests in MechQuest often just involve killing mecha after mecha. If you have an engaging or hilarious storyline, along with 1 or so drops, it's much better than flat-out 3 weapons and a monotonous barrage of mecha0fighting.

Make Leveling Easier: It is harder to level in MechQuest compared to other AE Games, like DF or AQW. I propose a 20% increase in EXP and Credits to all players, in order to take the stress of leveling.

This man speaks the truth.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 260
9/25/2010 11:13:59   
Mo

Honestly, the way I see it, the main reason is because the updates are so lackluster. For about 3 weeks now there hasn't been a new quest, yet Dragonfable (the only other game I do play) has at least a new quest every week. If you finish all the content in MQ, there really is no point in still playing other than grinding and I never do that because of how boring and how little incentive to do it there is.
AQ MQ  Post #: 261
9/25/2010 12:07:23   
Hellsoarer

Well I'm not quitting MQ that's for sure...
The game with the most rares... And ....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 262
9/25/2010 12:09:02   
LeoMart

For me i think the main reason has to do with the rares and non-rares. The way i see it people quit because they think they are n00bs and they would like stronger mechs/weapons(rares) -because the non-rares aren't strong enough (for the lower leveled guys) and they're tired of using the same mech over and over again (some of them)- but the thing is:
1. They don't have money
2. They do get money but the rare is gone by then
Now, I think that if rares were to be cheaper for the lower leveled guys and the money at Ballyhoo were to be a little more, there'd be more people.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 263
9/25/2010 12:13:32   
notagoodname

I some times debate whether to quit or not despite the lack of rares, but some how I always get drawn back.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 264
9/25/2010 12:26:57   
Calogero

@ notagoodgame

Lack of rares.... Have you been living under a rock or something?
I'd say Half equipment and mechs in game are rare

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 265
9/25/2010 12:29:38   
LeoMart

^above: Make it 3/4's
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 266
9/25/2010 12:41:26   
EinhanderX01

quote:

I have no issues with this.

quote:

That's what rebalancing and revivals were supposed to cover. But AFAIK, they're still on hiatus.

quote:

I have to strongly disagree. Weaker, but better balanced versions should be added yes, as a way to cover the lacking amount of SC-exclusive Mechs, but w/o making the originals become worthless. It's part of the reason many SCs still hold on to their original versions, because they were powerful and unique. Weaker and better balanced versions still allow access to the same visual mech, but not the former "OP" versions, keeping both parties (new and old SCs) happy. The only mech that probably would pass for being included w/o alteration is the "Skysplitter", due to it being over-balanced.

quote:

Better Quests: If you look at some quests in DragonFable, some of them don't even contain drops. If you have an engaging quest or storyline, players enjoy it better, cause it's always entertaining. Most of the quests in MechQuest often just involve killing mecha after mecha. If you have an engaging or hilarious storyline, along with 1 or so drops, it's much better than flat-out 3 weapons and a monotonous barrage of mecha-fighting.

Given the tone of MQ, more engaging but somewhat serious storylines are needed, though I'm not against some humor inserted at the right time. An outright joke storyline can happen once in a while, usually for holidays, just as long as the puns and jokes aren't lame.

quote:

I'm not sure that it's still true, but the last I've heard from blues regarding this was that it's designed so that leveling up past level 60 or so should get easier. The current rate just allows players to build up enough cash to purchase what they want, while building up enough reserve so that once the EXP gain gets faster, they'd already have the monetary base to work with. And besides, there's the Permanent X-Boost for that.
Post #: 267
9/25/2010 14:44:54   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Hellsoarer
Go to DF PvP, type in a random ID, it will most likely be a base class with a base class weapon. In all games, most people quit very early on.
DF MQ  Post #: 268
9/25/2010 15:23:40   
icemaster 77

Forumlogin says to increase the exp 50% in his FAQ thread.And to balance it out,incrase the credits by 50% or decrease the equipment and mechs by 50%.

I agree with stealthwings.people go to a game,sees that one thing in the game is bad and quits.

Also MQ has 6 times the players onlines than WF.The WF forums is very inactive.So there's hope for MQ to improve it's popularity.So the staffs improves MQ and we get people to play MQ instead of TEXT BASED GAMES.After that,MQ has 5000 players online and MQ has restored it's golden ages...a bit.
MQ AQW  Post #: 269
9/25/2010 15:46:17   
forumlogin

@icemaster
Careful with those.
I said 50% extra EXP is good, but a little less would be nice.
And I simply said that equipment and mech prices should be dropped, not by 50%. XD
DF MQ  Post #: 270
9/25/2010 16:04:53   
icemaster 77

50% is the max and is good.I reconmend that.And it depends on the exp increase.If exp increase,equipment and mech prices decrease to balance it out.

MQ AQW  Post #: 271
9/25/2010 16:15:26   
LeoMart

I think 50% is too much. For me i think that it should be at most 30-35% maybe 40% and at least 5%. I'm cool with how it is right now and i don't really mind it being changed or not. I also think that you guys should hold on about that request for the credits and xp being increased because currently (i think) the MQ Team is working on the Mogloween event and upcoming releases so can you guys at least wait till after Halloween?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 272
9/25/2010 16:59:18   
forumlogin

@LeoMart
What's up with people finding hidden meanings in my posts today? :P
I never need anything immediately.
Although if it's not fixed quickly enough, I will end up talking about it over and over until it's finally fixed. *coughlevels15to18cough*
DF MQ  Post #: 273
9/25/2010 17:11:23   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Forumlogin
There are enough mecha and weapons there to last until you finish those levels, which you can do simply by going through the storyline.
DF MQ  Post #: 274
9/25/2010 17:16:36   
forumlogin

@stealth
The list:
-Valkyrie
-Police Mecha
-Wrangler
-Gheist Hunter
-HMs

All of which, in my experience, have been rather lackluster. The Valkyrie would be the best of them, but the others are far less useful nowadays.
In addition, most weps that you could use to customize off their bad defaults suck even more than the default weapons. The best one I can remember is the Vul'khar shoulder, which is unreliable and has boosted CD for no real discernible reason.
So yes, there are a buncha mecha and weps, but I wouldn't say they help you get past those levels.
DF MQ  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 11 of 21«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition