Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 9 of 21«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/5/2010 19:17:01   
Pyronix15

quote:

Sc's have THE most powerful weapons known to man.

This is false.

Show me a SC mech that is as powerful as its ng counter part?

The monthlies are nice, but if you want real end game "level the enemy mech with power AND nerfs" weapons or mechs, look no farther than NG's.

NG user's not only unlock their shops with less work than SC's, they have no farming to do, most if not all the weapons are so OP'ed if they were credit weapons/mechs they would immediately have a thread in the balance forums.

Not to say I don't like the system, but I don't love it either. Its more like I tolerate it. SC'ships are down, so a logical step is increase ng content.

Your signature has been fired

Maximum signature size is 500px by 100px and 50kb.

~Kosefira
AQ MQ  Post #: 201
6/5/2010 20:16:43   
forumlogin

@Pyronix
Really, there are only a few stuff like that. :P
Vladic Knight and Yeti Leader are really the only NG mechs that can compare to the SC Monthlies, and the Yeti Leader is rare and the Vladic Knight requires defeat of the enemy, and, IIRC, Piotr.
DF MQ  Post #: 202
6/7/2010 12:14:26   
Pyronix15

@Forum Login

Actually weapons of this variety are released on a monthly basis. To name a few...

1)the headless hormecha, which is revamped every year

2)the New Years heads, again revamped every year

3)the nephy back arm, very capable of hitting over 300 damage and healing you.

4)the uber Jameson, not sure it will be back next year though.

5)rixty bazooka of course

6)choco bun weapon ( I will however excuse this as a spec ail offer weapon only)

7)The decimator

Anyway, as I've said I don't mind that they are in bad need of fine tuning (as I own many of them myself), but I'm not exactly glad that their allowed to be this way simply because their ng weapons.

If I remember correctly, ng's were meant as a means for those who have no time for farming, and that's exactly what they got you in the beginning of mech quest, power full builds that you could replicate you're self with credits and a bit more work. That is certainly not true anymore.

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 6/7/2010 12:15:14 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 203
6/7/2010 16:05:37   
general greivous

Honestly, I always imagined it was because they went to a player base that was limited to fantasy games (although AQ goes Sci-Fi from time to time) to a mecha game. I remember a lot of hayt back then, about people hating mechas. That was pretty obvious to me. I think MQs actually has its own audience, and that is why it seems less popular. A player of DF will mostly likely play AQW and AQ too.

WF faced the same problem too, when it came out.
AQ  Post #: 204
6/7/2010 16:25:35   
MoonrayDrake

What I like about MQ is the relative high amount of nonSC/NG content compared to other games. In AQ/AQW/DF alot of the bosses and important quests are actually locked to non upgrading people, which basically means that if you don't have the money/don't want to spend to money, you're stuck with an incomplete storyline.

Also, I like mecha's, which is why I started playing this game. I do agree with the opinion that MQ has it's own fanbase. You like it, or you don't.
MQ  Post #: 205
7/8/2010 8:38:00   
Diark

Looks like the C-Mail system is gonna be up this week.
This Might fix the Gameplay.......................
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 206
7/8/2010 9:07:28   
Links

Changing the C-mail System won't affect gameplay at all. It'll will, however, fix up the confusion of new players at what their next main objective is.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 207
7/8/2010 9:15:35   
Diark

@Links-Yeah but atleast the story would be somewhat coherent to them.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 208
7/8/2010 9:36:31   
Links

That's what I'm saying. It has nothing to do with gameplay.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 209
7/8/2010 10:26:35   
AQWPlayer

I havn't played MQ for over an year coz I found it REALLY boring and now I've come back and it has changed so much. MQ is a great game now. I would say that MQ is the best game because the other games are:
AQW: lag, lag, lag...
AQ: Boring (and outta gold)
DF: Few releases (and boring) plus hard to get gold while the rare items are so expensive
WF: Same as AQ, just that a bit less advanced
AQW  Post #: 210
7/8/2010 10:37:09   
runer

quote:

DF: Few releases (and boring) plus hard to get gold while the rare items are so expensive

No ? the releases IMO are well .... much more enthusiastic than MQ's ... i rather play a DF release than an MQ one knowing the MQ one (In planet yokai's case) is going to be pretty much like last weeks release .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 211
7/8/2010 10:57:05   
Diark

@above-Agreed.Yokai must be the most annoying release after Westion.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 212
7/8/2010 11:00:51   
kasama999

^Not annoying.

Tedious.
Post #: 213
7/8/2010 11:11:44   
Diark

It was both Tedious and Annoying.Especially the initial content.I couldn't play the releases for more than an hour.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 214
7/8/2010 13:14:05   
Paganinii

Hey, the releases in MQ aren't bad, but I agree with all the people before that said tediousness is a problem. If we have to defeat a quest a million times to go on to the next one (like healing Cys-zero or getting to the shrines), at least tell us how many plays we have left. And I don't like the grinding, either. I was crushed when I found out that I wouldn't have any chance of defeating the vampire zones without a level 23 mecha, 4 levels away, after getting crushed a whole lot by a boss halfway through the planet.

I don't think sci-fi is hurting the game. Yes, I like magic and swordplay, but explosions and really big battles have thier own attractiveness.

Also, I agree new players might have some difficulty. Having to re-play quests over and over is not a big incentive to keep playing. It was great when I actually got to Soluna, though, because so much stuff opened up. And the novelty carried me through most of the roll-based, repeating quests.

I'm just putting in my two cents. I'm sure most of this has been said before.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 215
7/8/2010 17:09:32   
eragonshadeslayer67

I love MQ, and I think the only reason MQ isn't so popular is becus of the limited-ness, out of all games MQ has the least places/planets, least number of quests, and MQ takes too much time (for example the knife and sprok quests in all average 100+ battles, the fact that u have to train to lv 20, finish a lot of quests, AND fight 20 opponents to unlock yokai,etc)

also I think MQ is a bit confusing (so people might quit due to frustration) because th quests aren't specific, I almost quit MQ when I couldn't finish a planet's quests (I forgot what it was called, had something to do with dr.voltabolt) and I didn't know u had to save 10 superheroes to unlock the next quest
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 216
7/8/2010 17:29:28   
Bomber of Justice
For Great Justice!

MQ has a very unique style of gameplay compared to the other games, and well, it's not exactly the easiest game either. In fact, for new players it would all probably seem pretty confusing. However, once you get used to the style of quests and the style of mecha battles the game can actually seem fun. Though MQ can have a very repetitive and somewhat annoying theme for a few of its quests (such as the dreaded dice roll system), it gives you the chance to get the few extra credits you may need for a new mecha or exp for leveling up. In my opinion, the game has some of the best artwork I have ever seen out of all the games and it makes me happy knowing the fact that the staff actually take the time to add details and shading to all the mecha in the game so that they turn out great. Another thing that I enjoy about MQ is that the bosses are actually bosses, you can really see the difference in power when comparing them to the normal enemies in the area. It forces you to use good weaponry and, most important of all, strategy. Though some players may not do as well as others in battle, it can encourage them to find a better strategy and make a mecha unique to their own style of gameplay. The storyline may seem dull at times but the staff manages to keep the twists coming, with a little craziness added in from Korin. No game can be perfect and everyone has their own preferences for certain games so I can see why some may not like MQ, however in my opinion it doesn't matter whether MQ is a popular game compared to the others, it matters whether you're actually having fun playing the game or not.
DF MQ  Post #: 217
7/8/2010 17:33:11   
forumlogin

@Bomber of Justice
While I agree with you, I have to say power inflation has reduced the difficulty by far of many of the bosses. :P
Many of the enemies I used to have trouble with are pushovers now.

Anyways, I think the main thing that keeps people from coming back is that when they do, they find their mechs cannot keep up with new standards.
I've felt it before on several of my sides; they were crushed by the lack of available non-rare equipment and the proliferation of enemies that far outclassed them.
DF MQ  Post #: 218
7/8/2010 17:43:48   
runer

The problem with MQ's releases are :

1) A release is up .
2) Kill few mobs get to the boss get some rewards through a weapon/mech shop .
3) Time part of the stoyline is revealed ....

DF on the other hand has a agreeable sized release , storyline is learned and the rewards are great .

2 Different games , i get it .... but the amount of storyline revealed is what i have a problem with .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 219
7/8/2010 22:09:46   
draconic death drago

me,i'm having a very hard time beating firemane (partly because the libety mech for nsc's is only 8to 16)and i already used most of my money on the liberty 16 and now i'm practically stuck until i get to16(will not be possible considering i only have the options of arin-ha and jhaek-ha protecting the train,the khaeldron mayor for the 20 waves of shadowcythe,and the triceratops)i'm already done all of zargon the moon and soluna except for mysterious johnson because i'm trying to get the doom cell shop from stranger(uless you can only get the sepulchre mecha from buying the shirt)that would suck 4 me but besides it's still fun though not as fun until you beat wild wild west(ion) part one first because if u done everything else you can go to other planets.

death strikes quick,but a draconic death dragon is a force to be reckoned with.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 220
7/9/2010 0:19:30   
spellmaster

I hate to break it to you guy's, but anything scifi base has low popularity. MQ only reflects this. In my opinion you can fix all the problems and MQ still wouldn't be popular. If this was the 70's or 80's I would have no doubt MQ would be the most popular game because anything scifi was popular at the time. Now just because a game isn't popular doesn't mean it's not a great game. I'm sure we all know a popular game that isn't a great quality game. The staff and players should just worry about how to make MQ better instead of popular because we probably have little control over that. This is just my imput :/
Post #: 221
7/9/2010 0:48:13   
forumlogin

@spellmaster
While this may be true, although I don't pay attention to those sort of statistics, we actually are discussing the problems as a main topic, not its popularity.
We've left the popularity thing behind and are now considering ways of improvement. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 222
7/9/2010 16:16:40   
spellmaster

Well in that case ignore everything I said :D
Post #: 223
7/9/2010 16:19:05   
icemaster 77

To get MQ a bit more popularity,they have to do this.

1.MQ must make a organized storyline and quest list by order of the release date.

2.Revamp the lv1-20 weapons and mechs.

3.Make more non rare weapons and mods in old and new shops.

4.Make more exciting quest in the newbie ship

And if possilbe,balanced out the credits given out in battles in lv1-20 and double the exp and credit drop.

Go to this link if you want to hear Irish music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CewyTGQR9Pw
MQ AQW  Post #: 224
7/9/2010 16:37:56   
Elementer

Well, the reason I don't like MechQuest is that a lot of its benefits are StarLords. Now, of course it needs people to help support it, and I respect all those that do, but most of the benefits are for them. Unlike AQ, in which the uber sets, and uber weapons are almost all for adventurers. Yes, the login is boring and frustrating for them, but its more an incentive to play then a setback. I guess I don't like MQ also because it doesn't have that 'open air' feel to it. I mean in AQ, it feels like you can make your character, shape its personality, and (I know this may seem wierd to some) actually LIKE your character. A robot doesn't have that emotion with it. Evil, Good, they're all connected with AQ and it's just so...fresh. It's hard to farm, and some quests are so frustrating, but that's the whole point. You have an incentive to go to a level- for armors, weapons, spells, or something thats worth it. MQ doesn't share that type of quality. AQ connects with DF and AQW both of which I play (the latter much more but DF is OK too). MechQuest doesn't have that type of appeal...it's different. It doesn't connect with the others. From what I seen, AQW Guardians/Dragonlords get benefits, and so do AQ Guardians in DF . They all seem the same. Plus, we play something when it doesn't connect with the outer life- when its different, unique. Swords, magic, frogzards, and evil bosses? THATS AQ, DF, and AQW. And its so different, that we like it, we WANT to play it. I guess the ads have something to do it with too.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 9 of 21«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition