Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 8 of 21«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/29/2010 22:30:37   
Master Champ

I really don't think there is that much for SC's in this game except for you Mechs. I mean my brother is a SC and I tested out his char. He did way more damage with his mech than I ever did with any of my Non-SC mechs. While this doesn't really matter, I want SC for their power, but besides that there is really nothing that makes me want to buy it. In the other games they have a balance that gives incentive to buy it but still let you play the game for free.

DF for example gives you all the quests except titan fights and a few non-storyline quests (and dragons are not DA only. Only titans are. You can still use them as pets, and they are the best in the game). In AQW the best looking weapons are Member and Members occasionally get to do big quests before it is open to everyone. AQ has that annoying server cap, so if you like the game you will really want to be a guardian if for nothing else than being able to play whenever. In MQ you get good mechs, a starship, and some exclusive quests.

While the amount of f2p content is not a bad thing, I think they could add slightly more reason to get SC. Personally, I would rather have Nova Gems.

Also, there is one problem that all AE games except AQW and ED seem to have. There is no guide in game on what you should do. Take DF for example, if a new player did the new Spy quests before any of the orb sagas they would be completely lost. Sure there is the quest log, but would a new player know about that? I think that there should be some thing in-game that is easily accesable to even the newest players, that will give you a recommended order to do things in. This would make thing less confusing in all of the games.

Also, as I said before, work on having less grinding and more actual quests. Make MechQuest more like MechQuest and less like GrindQuest.

Well, I have said all I can say on this matter through my various posts. I have no more to add here.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 176
5/30/2010 1:22:05   
Diark

@Master Champ-The New C-Mail Revamp may fix the problem of not having a guide.I think the staff should have a quest chain for SC's.Maybe continue the Braddock Steele one?.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 177
5/30/2010 1:56:47   
Schwarzbart

@ Master Champ
I think adding some of the promissed Starship Features would add a good reason to become SC
quote:

Paying SCs for starship flight
Transforming starships
AQ MQ  Post #: 178
5/30/2010 2:14:43   
Colarndo

I thought MQ was an abandoned project ever since they stopped making monthly mech releases. They are busy focusing on ED now, after that they will probably abandon it too and release another new game which they can't keep up and rinse and repeat strategy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 179
5/30/2010 2:37:37   
turnoverman

I would say a good reason for it is that they are just TOO different.

I vehemently hate playing DF and haven't done so in a realllllyyyy long time (except maybe to log in for no good reason just to remember that I have a dragon amulet )

I absolutely love MQ for a lot of the reasons I hate DF

MQ's storyline seems to have some idea where it is going, and so far hasn't resorted to "go to these random places and get orbs for us" as the other two have (I count WF as an expansion pack to AQ, just like the Ash saga of DF). (which might end up happening because of these shards)

DF's storyline has resorted to resorted to, "go to these random places and get orbs for us", a long time ago (is that even over?)

MQ's enemies always have some way to beat them, even if you have to go back to old tech to get something that is so old that the new enemies aren't focused on attacking its tech (this is why the viking absolutely owns the evil sam ryes)

DF's enemies are just stupidly hard unless you get the right sword to make the elemental damage go "Ding!"

MQ's battle system goes farther than "match sword to element"

DF's battle system goes as far as "match sword to element"

MQ: Explosions!

DF: Dragon Fire!

If you want my opinion it is because people don't like to think that one game company can make such different games and they like DF so much (I can't fathom why) that they can't understand MQ being the way that it is.

I personally don't dislike the job advancement roll quests, in fact I kinda enjoyed seeing it again for the training thing, but that's me.

Like I said, DF and MQ are basically completely different games in every way, even to the point that you can like one of them, but you hate the other as a result.

Also, I see very few people in the StarLord armor in AQW, odd isn't it :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 180
5/30/2010 2:41:47   
Gold

quote:

-Too much grinding for EXP and Credits.

-Repetition of Quest/Dialogue.

-Worn out gameplay

These are present in both MQ and DF. In fact, it's present in every AE game if you've played for at least 3 years. But you still play them anyway ^_^

@above I have the Starlord armor and class :P

< Message edited by gold -- 5/30/2010 2:42:29 >

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 181
5/30/2010 3:02:08   
turnoverman

quote:

-Too much grinding for EXP and Credits.

-Repetition of Quest/Dialogue.

-Worn out gameplay

As gold said, those are in every AE game

the second is caused by the first and the third is caused by the second.

The first:

AQ: Okay I've finally gotten to level X... wait... I need HOW MUCH to get to level X+1 !?!?!?!

AQ MkII: Okay I want one of those ubers everyone's talking about... wait... they cost HOW MUCH !?!?!?!?!

DF: Okay I'll go kill this level 20 something monster! (fight) wait.... did I just get 3 gold?

WF: See AQ (not MKII I think)

MQ: Yay level cap raise!.... wait... I need HOW MUCH to get to level cap +2 !?!?!?!?! (the +1 is clearly done by the leftover XP from the previous level cap)

The second:

AQ: Time to go kill random stuff!

AQ MKII: Time to do the hamster ball quest over and over!

DF: Time to go do that bounty hunting mission! (I think that is still good right?)

WF: See AQ

MQ: Toooooo mortis 2008!

The third:

All: I'm tired of Level/Money grinding!

EDIT: forgot AQW, oopsies

1st: Yay level cap raise! Wait... I need HOW MUCH to get to level cap +1 !?!?!?!?!

MKII: Yay new class, time to level it up!

MKIII: Ooh new items! Goldgoldgoldgold.

MKIV: Yay new area! Time to spam the rep quests!

2nd: Too (enter favorite farming spot here)

3rd: same as the others, but with rep and CP added in there

< Message edited by turnoverman -- 5/30/2010 3:04:44 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 182
5/30/2010 6:37:43   
turtledude

I think it's pretty hard to level in MQ. But I'm lvl 40 so I can't complain XD.
Post #: 183
5/31/2010 4:24:25   
mechaman123

this isn't based on this topic but i have a question for all. has anyone else managed to join a house after betraying their first house after the games?

this is happening to me and i am getting annoyed that i am unable to join a house

Use max 3 smiles per post.
Tero

< Message edited by Terosin -- 5/31/2010 9:11:58 >
MQ  Post #: 184
5/31/2010 4:51:30   
Manga Maniac

quote:

AQ: Okay I've finally gotten to level X... wait... I need HOW MUCH to get to level X+1 !?!?!?!

Actually AQ does better than you might think. The lower levels are easy to get through, however AQ has existed for a long, long time now, and the level cap is huge. Once you get to the higher levels it's only natural that due to it getting harder and harder getting to the level would be hard.
quote:

AQ: Okay I want one of those ubers everyone's talking about... wait... they cost HOW MUCH !?!?!?!?!

IIRC: Ubers are meant to be incredibly costly. Most armor's like ubers have some of their abilities lowered to balance out the stronger abilties. Ubers do not get any of their abilities lowered to balance them, instead they are balanced by their gold costs. That is why they cost the amount they do.
quote:

DF: Okay I'll go kill this level 20 something monster! (fight) wait.... did I just get 3 gold?

DF's most powerful weapons from drops, you don't need the same amount of gold that you need in the other games.
Post #: 185
5/31/2010 5:44:45   
Khimera

To elaborate on Manga's points, AQ has this thing called The Sweep. It's balancing the game, so that higher level equipment is better than low level equipment, Ubers aren't end-game items bought at half the level cap, etc. We have the wonderful team of KoO who understand how to make a good game. Fear not though! You have Vivi now, so all hope is not lost for you.

quote:

I thought MQ was an abandoned project ever since they stopped making monthly mech releases. They are busy focusing on ED now, after that they will probably abandon it too and release another new game which they can't keep up and rinse and repeat strategy.

No... just, no. The ED team are completely different to the MQ team, and in case you hadn't noticed... AQ and DF pre-date MQ, and haven't been abandoned. In fact, AQ and DF are doing pretty well for themselves >_>

< Message edited by Khimera -- 5/31/2010 5:50:45 >
Post #: 186
5/31/2010 6:58:07   
Manga Maniac

@Colarndo: Adding to Khimera's points... erm... they are still doing monthly mecha releases...

Crazy guy.

< Message edited by Manga Maniac -- 5/31/2010 7:01:15 >
Post #: 187
6/5/2010 13:33:48   
Diark

Ok guys added two more secondary problems based on your Opinion.3

-Lack of SC features

-Lack of low level equipment.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 188
6/5/2010 13:39:54   
stealthwings
Helpful

@diark
Lack of SC features has nothing to do with popularity, in fact, the more SC-only stuff there is the less popular it would be.
DF MQ  Post #: 189
6/5/2010 13:50:13   
Diark

@stealthwings-Im saying there is a Lack of SC Features.

The only Feature an SC gets now is an SCMM and SC specific equipment.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 190
6/5/2010 13:54:12   
stealthwings
Helpful

@diark
That still has nothing to do with popularity.
Also, there are quite a few SC-only quests, 2 mods on each mecha, access to SC-only specials, our own customizable starship, and lots of other things.
DF MQ  Post #: 191
6/5/2010 14:12:11   
Diark

@stealthwings-Well it does.

People pay money for upgrading to an SC and would be disappointed at the lack of features.

Answering to your list of SC features:
quote:

there are quite a few SC-only quests

IIRC a full SC-only quest chain has never been released and the SC-only quests have either been part of a War or just some Random missions.
quote:

2 mods on each mecha

Some NSC mechs can equip 2 mods as well.
quote:

our own customizable starship

That is a Feature.
quote:

and lots of other things.

What else can an SC have?.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 192
6/5/2010 14:23:05   
Homecat52

Sc's have THE most powerful weapons known to man.
DF MQ  Post #: 193
6/5/2010 15:58:02   
Griffin the awesome

quote:

People pay money for upgrading to an SC and would be disappointed at the lack of features.

I bought the starcaptian upgrade and I'm far from disappointed. How can you be disappointed with a starship that can hold up to 20 gigantic war machines, and the ability to buy insanely powerful mechs and weapons, and having all that cost only $20!
MQ  Post #: 194
6/5/2010 16:12:16   
forumlogin

I'd buy SC just for the 20 mechs. :P
Unfortunately, I'm planning to get a scanner to contribute to the Art Museum first. :(

However, some things SCs get:
-Color changes.
-Better energy blades.
-200 NGs by default, which is already enough for 1 extra mech slot.
-Boosted specs on quite a few weps, such as the Ace Dealers.
-SC specials on certain mecha.

It's not quite as much as the other games, but for now I feel that there're other stuff to take care of.
DF MQ  Post #: 195
6/5/2010 16:16:57   
Zhark

MQ's small popularity...yeah, I can think of one major reason for it.
It's aimed at the male sex, therefore detracting a large majority of the female sex away from it, there isn't alot of stuff for girls to enjoy in it. All the Mecha's are male designs, except for the Valkyrie. Almost ALL the NPC's in this are incredibly bad-ass guys, or incredibly hot girls with skimpy clothing. Does this sound like something a typical girl would enjoy? And from what I've seen in AE's gamers, it's majority is of the male sex, but still, targeting it's audience too one sex definatly cuts out a lot of gamers from it.
DF  Post #: 196
6/5/2010 16:19:28   
forumlogin

@Zhark
Are you female? :O
Just curious.
However, the boys could be good reason for girls to join.
And from what I remember, the skimpiest it gets is that Robina has a mini-ishskirt. :P
Really, though, I don't have a clue--and if you aren't a girl, I don't think you have a clue either--of how to attract girls to this kind of game. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 197
6/5/2010 16:52:12   
Griffin the awesome

quote:

how to attract girls to this kind of game. :P

Well they do have Scrap, the cute space bunny thing. If you talk to Tek you'll find out Scrap was made to get good game ratings with the girls.
MQ  Post #: 198
6/5/2010 18:48:53   
THIS_IS_SPARTA

quote:

Lack of SC features has nothing to do with popularity, in fact, the more SC-only stuff there is the less popular it would be

DF has nearly half the game for DA only and the game is VERY popular.

Infact, if there's no incentive to upgrade for NSC's, MQ doesn't do profit and it probably would do less $$..
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 199
6/5/2010 19:06:51   
Zhark

No, I'm not a girl forum.
DF  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 8 of 21«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition