Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 16 of 21«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/27/2010 3:21:45   
Hellsoarer

quote:

I don't understand.

MQ has big weapons that blow up everything that take long attacks that go boom boom.
DF has little swords and axes that go slash slash and ping ping until someone falls on the floor.

MQ is way cooler, they just don't see it. Try leveling to level 12 and you will see awesomeness.

YES!!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 376
12/27/2010 3:24:36   
emethyst

The premise of MQ is cooler, sure... but sparkles and fireworks can work for only so long until the average player moves on to something else that can grab their attention longer. The rest of the game is just draggy and boring, especially without regular updates.
DF MQ  Post #: 377
12/27/2010 10:57:56   
DRAGONHUNT

It's because updates in MQ are much more better than DF's regular updates. Mostly the MQ updates include special events, rares, Evil Jim (who's event already passed). DF has your Falconreach Idle, Thankstaking... usually the regular stuff for celebrations at random times. I'm not seeing many differences here... but at least level 13's can do up to 70 damage on regular attacks with some mecha. DF lv 13's have weapons that can only do damage within 20-38.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 378
12/27/2010 15:16:01   
forumlogin

@DRAGONHUNT
Then try leveling up to 15 and running *BAM* into the 15-18 equipment gap. :P
It's very painful.
Also, all the events you've just listed are rare. New players don't give a scrap heap for something they can't access.
DF MQ  Post #: 379
12/27/2010 15:21:48   
Hellsoarer

I keep trying to play DragonFable for events because Im a rare collector, but after the first 15 enemies I just stop cause I do the same attack order to win every time and DragonFable is super LAGGY, it takes 40 seconds to move across Falconreach - and when I click the travel button, I usually go get some water or orange juice because it takes so long and when I get back it is STILL NOT DONE

Whenever someone insults MechQuest, they never be specific on what is bad - wanna know why? THERE IS NOTHING BAD!!!
All I here is "No new updates" "No new updates" that is the one of the things MechQuest is SUCCEEDING in right now, just play the game, play the Frostval event, and if I bet you dont lie you will have a fun time

< Message edited by Hellsoarer -- 12/27/2010 15:23:04 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 380
12/27/2010 15:26:41   
forumlogin

@Hellsoarer
So I'm not being specific when I mention that equipment gaps abound, especially around the levels 15-18?
I'm not being specific when I say almost 2/3 of all MQ equipment is rare?
I'm not being specific when I say we need to cut down on rares?
I'm not being specific when I say grinding is a problem in quite a few areas of the game, such as Westion's 100 floors and leveling up in general?

It's a fun game, yes, but it does have its problems.
And since when did MQ have no lag? XD
DF MQ  Post #: 381
12/27/2010 15:38:37   
Hellsoarer

quote:

And since when did MQ have no lag? XD

Since 2007
quote:

So I'm not being specific when I mention that equipment gaps abound, especially around the levels 15-18?

Whenever I play DragonFable, I always get AWESOME equipment but then it says "Lvl 60"!!!
quote:

we need to cut down on rares?

I cant even find the quote in your other post where you said that
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 382
12/27/2010 16:34:42   
forumlogin

@Hellsoarer
There's definitely lag in MQ. :P

And DF does have those problems, but just by taking a look at their weapon recommendations per level you can already see they have no shortage of non-rare equipment.

And I've only said that about 6000 times throughout the whole thread, along with 75 other people who've also said it at least 80,000 times. :/
You weren't paying attention at all, huh?
DF MQ  Post #: 383
12/27/2010 17:44:08   
trans205

Why are people bashing DragonFable in a MQ low popularity thread? Open your eyes, DRAGONHUNT and Hellsoarer. The numbers of players don't lie.

quote:

Mostly the MQ updates include special events, rares, Evil Jim (who's event already passed). DF has your Falconreach Idle, Thankstaking... usually the regular stuff for celebrations at random times.

What's the difference between "special events" and "regular stuff for celebrations at random times"? Evil Jim and Thankstaking are all war events for Thanksgiving. Rares? Like we don't have enough already. At least Falconreach Idle is something permanent.

quote:

I'm not seeing many differences here... but at least level 13's can do up to 70 damage on regular attacks with some mecha. DF lv 13's have weapons that can only do damage within 20-38.

Different game, different damage system. And I usually see DF players doing more damage. Level 13 players cannot do 70 damage (pics or it didn't happen). And the damage range in DF means nothing, since class skills can magnify it up to 300%.

quote:

I just stop cause I do the same attack order to win every time

You click the same button combos in MQ.

quote:

and DragonFable is super LAGGY, it takes 40 seconds to move across Falconreach - and when I click the travel button, I usually go get some water or orange juice because it takes so long and when I get back it is STILL NOT DONE

Your computer's problem. I do not lag at all in DF or MQ.

quote:

Whenever someone insults MechQuest, they never be specific on what is bad - wanna know why? THERE IS NOTHING BAD!!!
All I here is "No new updates" "No new updates" that is the one of the things MechQuest is SUCCEEDING in right now, just play the game, play the Frostval event, and if I bet you dont lie you will have a fun time

Um, are you sure? I think it's pretty clear.

quote:

Whenever I play DragonFable, I always get AWESOME equipment but then it says "Lvl 60"!!!

Then do the quest again and maybe you'll get something that says "Lvl 30"!!! Or whatever level you are. I guarantee, you'll find no shortage of items in DF.

EDIT: I'm not here to bash MQ in any way, just to say that your claims on DF are not justified.

< Message edited by trans205 -- 12/27/2010 17:52:28 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 384
12/27/2010 17:59:28   
stealthwings
Helpful

quote:

Then do the quest again and maybe you'll get something that says "Lvl 30"!!! Or whatever level you are. I guarantee, you'll find no shortage of items in DF.

It only takes around several thousand runs to get a piece of equipment your level. And then there is the type of weapon, if you are a mage, and you have a sword your level, it is useless. This is a good thing about MQ, no farming for hours until the RNG gives in. In MQ, you know how long it will take you to get something. In DF, it depends on the RNG.
quote:

I'm not seeing many differences here... but at least level 13's can do up to 70 damage on regular attacks with some mecha. DF lv 13's have weapons that can only do damage within 20-38.

I'll go make a game where level ones can do over 9000 damage. It will be really terrible in every way, but level ones (and above) will never do any less than 9001 damage. Sound like a good game?
Why does it matter how much damage you do? If in one game, enemies have 140 health, and you do 70 damage on average, and in another, enemies have 10 health, and you do 5 damage on average, you do still do the same damage relative to the enemies health, the games are no different because of your damage.

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 12/27/2010 18:06:39 >
DF MQ  Post #: 385
12/27/2010 18:04:57   
DRAGONHUNT

And in MQ there are no classes... no classes, no dissapointment.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 386
12/27/2010 18:50:28   
forumlogin

@trans
Just a note, it actually is very possible for a level 13 to deal 70 damage. :P
Even higher. Even I, lazy player that I am, have hit in the 100s at that level.
Not trying to argue with you since I mostly agree with your counterarguments, but just wanted to point that out. XD

@DRAGONHUNT
I'm sorry? :P
What does that have to do with anything?
DF MQ  Post #: 387
12/27/2010 19:06:00   
trans205

^Wow, I am missing out on a lot! But then again, it's probably a rare.

@DRAGONHUNT
quote:

Um, what?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 388
12/27/2010 19:11:01   
stealthwings
Helpful

No, nonrares can as well. I can't think of any right now, but I know there are some. With rares, time and a crit, even level 3s can do in the 70s.

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 12/27/2010 19:17:09 >
DF MQ  Post #: 389
12/27/2010 19:49:03   
Hellsoarer

quote:

You click the same button combos in MQ.

Give me proof that I do the same combos every time I battle - And the thing is in DragonFable you have to do the right attack order to WIN instead if just doing the best option

quote:

@DRAGONHUNT
quote:

Um, what?

Think about it, in MechQuest, classes are technically Mecha - Now think about how many there are
DragonFable Classes: 30
MechQuest Classes: at least 500

And in DragonFable you cant customize your class, you just equip a different weapon to deal more damage instead of ACTUAL EFFECTS where in MechQuest you get to customize your entire mecha with weapons with effects
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 390
12/27/2010 20:01:00   
trans205

quote:

With rares, time and a crit, even level 3s can do in the 70s.

Which happens like once every blue moon

quote:

Give me proof that I do the same combos every time I battle - And the thing is in DragonFable you have to do the right attack order to WIN instead if just doing the best option

Proof? Well, I press the same buttons every battle in MQ, and I do mean every battle. That's enough proof. Also, I don't know what you meant by the last sentence.

quote:

Think about it, in MechQuest, classes are technically Mecha - Now think about how many there are
DragonFable Classes: 30
MechQuest Classes: at least 500

And in DragonFable you cant customize your class, you just equip a different weapon to deal more damage instead of ACTUAL EFFECTS where in MechQuest you get to customize your entire mecha with weapons with effects

A class is way harder to make than a mech. Also, there has to be a class trainer and quests to level up the class.

Oh, and does helms, capes, rings, necklaces, belts, and trinkets mean anything to you? Including a weapon, that's seven options.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 391
12/27/2010 20:02:19   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Ladies/Gents/Creatures/Robots/Etc,

quote:

So Discuss why MQ is having a Low popularity with the Player Base of the Other AE games.
Quoted from the first post.

It hasn't gotten too out of hand, but remember this thread is on WHY MQ ISN'T POPULAR so you really should not be breaking down how MQ and DF or any of the other games are different. They're completely separate games so your discussion should be about what MQ is lacking or what is need of improvement, etc. Not "DF has Dragons and MQ has mecha" or anything like that. We get it, DF is one game and MQ is another. We're not picking apart both and pitting them against eachother.

We are discussing MechQuest.

That is all, I hope everyone is having/had a great Holiday.
Post #: 392
12/27/2010 21:12:31   
dragondeamon
Banned

dude I was one of the vary first people to sing up for mechquest and I use to love it but the game is slowly dieing and it dose not have anything to do with being smiler to dragonfable.

< Message edited by dragondeamon -- 12/27/2010 21:13:23 >
DF  Post #: 393
12/27/2010 23:29:56   
Lord of Nightmares
Some Dreams

It probably has to do with the fact that Korin's pretty much the only one handling things right now AFAIK, and it's tough for a one-man (?) show to churn out updates that're of the same size and scale as say those found in AQW and AQ.

Also, some players probably lost interest as we haven't had a major development with regards to the main Shadowscythe storyline in awhile now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 394
12/27/2010 23:39:31   
Glais

quote:

The numbers of players don't lie.

Word.

Honestly, I think MQ just hasn't catered to new players enough to keep them in, the game should be more explanatory with some awesome cutscenes etc to get new people to want to stay with the game. So far we've been getting high-ish levelled planets(Yokai, Necryptos) and small releases. Granted, the staff members are small(why not bring the old ones back? Bigger and better releases may gradually draw in more people) but things have just gotten....slow lately.
DF MQ  Post #: 395
12/28/2010 0:25:41   
forumlogin

@trans
Mecharoni (level 13) and Werewolf (level 12) can handle it quite easily, no crit. I'm not even kidding. :P

@glai
Oh yes, that reminds me. :P
It irks me that pretty much all new content is for levels 25+.
And there still hasn't been a planet that helps cover 15-18 well.
Westion is as close as it gets.
DF MQ  Post #: 396
12/28/2010 2:39:27   
Hellsoarer

MechQuest has a low popularity because...actually I dont know
Guess people just dont like giant robots with gatling pumpkins, which is pretty awkward *sigh*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 397
12/28/2010 4:26:27   
emethyst

Playing MQ is an off and on thing for me. Sometimes I get struck by a sudden urge to look at giant robots and I log on... only to find that absolutely nothing has happened regarding the main storylines and that I have probably missed out on several rares the past few weeks/months. That's when I log out and stop playing.
DF MQ  Post #: 398
12/28/2010 4:29:49   
Hellsoarer

@emethyst I understand your point, but if you keep playing you will get those rares!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 399
12/28/2010 5:03:58   
demonblast219

I think MQ's not popular because of how menacing the game is to a low leveled player.
I made a sub acc and I was completely mesmerized by how many things there were.
You may think that that's a good thing, but if you were trapped in a room with millions of buttons pointing at you, you're going to feel overwhelmed.

As for the mecha vs classes argument/debate, both take an equally long time to be developed. You're comparing this to two different games.
It's like comparing tea to Coca-Cola - Apart from them being drinks (RPGs), everything else is different. They've both got fans, but they're two different things.
MQ  Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 16 of 21«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition