Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 19 of 21«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/2/2011 21:23:08   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Moon Raven
No. Because the SCs would get a shiny new mode.

@Forumlogin
Yokai normal? I have found it easy with nonrares.
DF MQ  Post #: 451
1/2/2011 21:35:59   
forumlogin

Meh, must be you. XD
My char was around level 24 at the time, though, so I didn't have access to things like the Mechula or really any useful Necryptos wep outside the Bright Mace. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 452
1/2/2011 21:58:01   
Selutu
Constructive

@forumlogin
its not only him, I did it at level 23 before with the Rifle Guard as the Chassis.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 453
1/2/2011 22:27:01   
Hellsoarer

quote:

Not everyone can access rares. Anyone who joins after they go rare cannot access them.

Then why did forumlogin SAY they could? huh? HUHHHH?!?!?!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 454
1/2/2011 22:30:28   
stealthwings
Helpful

That is called sarcasm. Ever heard of it?

He forgot to include the sarcasm tags, but the meaning was pretty clear without them.
DF MQ  Post #: 455
1/2/2011 22:31:18   
seventy two

Probably because he was being sarcastic. The continuation of his comment says as much.
quote:

You make me laugh sometimes.
If everyone had access to rares, then they wouldn't rare, would they?
They would be nonrare.

Damn you stealth.
AQ MQ  Post #: 456
1/2/2011 22:59:59   
bossnuts_67890

The reason MechQuest is not as popular as other AE games.

To put it in a nice way:
Many people cannot handle the diversity and challenge of forming their own strategy through selecting the right weapons. In games such as DragonFable, the strategy is based on the class with a set series of moves and the strategy is practically laid out for you. (No offence to DragonFable) With so many possible effects for one to perform and the task of putting these effects together to create a powerful mecha, whilst enjoyable for some, is also mind-boggling for many. Many cannot handle this as this is different from the sort of "MA MEGA-DAMAGING WEAPON WILL DESTROY" strategy. The format of gameplay in MechQuest is more complicated and many find it fun and engaging, while many more find it tough.

To put it in a crude and rude way (Please don't reprimand me for doing this, I have no intention of insulting a single person):
Many people just aren't smart enough. They just don't have the brains to formulate their own strategy. They can't grasp the fleibility of the game. Many people may say "I can't be bothered to make my own strategy" but seriously, more than 90% who say that are not plain lazy, just that they can't handle it and don't wanna admit it.

Also, we need things like SC-only areas and that sort of stuff (like AQW).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 457
1/2/2011 23:26:05   
forumlogin

@Hellsoarer
TBH, I don't see which part said that all rares are all accessible. :P
Even if you count in sarcasm, my previous post doesn't say all rares are accessible--it says that if they were, then they wouldn't be rares.

@bossnuts
I've seen that before.
It gets shot down fast.
Trust me on that. XD
DF MQ  Post #: 458
1/2/2011 23:30:12   
bossnuts_67890

@forumlogin: Yeah, I guess. But, hey, you can't deny it. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 459
1/3/2011 0:03:20   
Hellsoarer

What...why is everyone saying forumlogin did sarcasm, I didnt see ANY sarcasm in there
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 460
1/3/2011 8:08:38   
Moon Raven

Well for a long time when I started playing this game again I didn't do any customizing because it just felt little complicated, but it was probably when the gift boxes came that I started making my own builds and noticed that theres nothing complicated or difficult in it. So I don't think people don't customize because it's hard or that they are not smart enough, theres just no reason to do it really.

As for reasons for games unpopularity I'd say that theres too little content in MQ and there should be SC only areas.

Edit:@stealthwings: They could add this new mod for SC, but theres no reason to give hard and extreme modes to free players as then players who have rares and want challenge would have no reason to upgrade to SC.

< Message edited by Moon Raven -- 1/3/2011 8:23:42 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 461
1/3/2011 9:48:23   
LeoMart

quote:

Also, they should make extreme mode available to NSCs. They have rares as well.

So that free players would have even fewer reasons to upgrade to Star Captain?

Hmmmm i really like the idea about the extreme mode being available for NSCs!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 462
1/3/2011 12:10:14   
Sparticus

I seldom post in the MC forum but I wanted to speak up for the casual players who attempt to enjoy playing Mechquest.

I started playing MC and bumped up to the cap very early on. I lost interest and only recently returned to playing. I have found the game to be very easy to play and have very little problem understanding the story. What I do have a problem with are the variety of mechs I am not able to access, some of which would help me progress immensely. The additional equipment that might help me is also not available since it to in most cases is unavailable. What is available to me is either expensive or not particularly useful. I have also found that the forum is a poor source of information about in game items as it is usually not kept up to date which is not true of other AE games. There is no particular information that might help me choose a mech for a particular task, quest line or set of equipment suggestion for that quest line. While I have completed every quest line available to me including the newest quests on Yokai without help I find it helpful to see how others have done it when I get stuck. I image other less interested players would just quit at that point. Rather then make fun of them I would suggest assisting them if for no other reason then to help maintain your player base. If the only players left are the "hard core" guys and the cost to enter the game is overly high, why would a new player bother to join? With so many rare mechs out of reach of new players, I'm not sure I would spend the money to play had I not already become a founder star captain long ago.

You may take my comments any way you choose but before you dismiss them please take a moment and consider what this game would be like without all the stuff you have accumulated.
Addendum:I never said anyone denied a request for assistance, I only stated that there isn't a clear path for entry level players to help themselves, a sentiment that was shared several times in the first three pages of this very thread. If only you could hold on to the players who started playing to begin with.

Let me let the quotes stand on their own and those are just from this thread.
quote:

Many people cannot handle the diversity and challenge of forming their own strategy through selecting the right weapons.

quote:

Many people just aren't smart enough. They just don't have the brains to formulate their own strategy. They can't grasp the flexibility of the game.

quote:

no offense to players, but they usually don't know what they want

quote:

Most people think "BIG SWORDS AND HUGE ARMORZ" when they hear "RPG". MQ is not that. It also requires some brains and common sense (which really ain't that common anymore ).

quote:

If the game is too easy change the difficulty and don't whine about it.

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 1/3/2011 18:31:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 463
1/3/2011 12:25:00   
Moon Raven

I don't think anyone here is making fun of any players and don't know why you would get that kind of idea.

And you're right this game has WAY too much rare stuff and probably most of the players agree with this(at least the ones on the forums) and I do know what it's like to start the game without all the cool stuff and I have to say that it's quite boring.

Edit: I also have to add that anyone who asks a question here on the forums will probably get some kind of help and I have know idea why you would think we start making fun of players who want help. Though the reason might be that you're just a troll.

Edit2: If the game is too easy change the difficulty and don't whine about it.

< Message edited by Moon Raven -- 1/3/2011 12:30:05 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 464
1/3/2011 12:54:28   
Selutu
Constructive

@Sparticus
I'm pretty sure none of us on the forums are trying to make fun of players who ask for help. Also keeping the forum up to date as MQ is not like the other games where everything is said in the description of the weapon/class, you can't expect the staff to do it because MQ is already understaffed.

@Moon Raven
Hellsoarer would never agree with you on that point about rares.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 465
1/3/2011 17:26:39   
Gundisalvus

Well, MQ does havea higher learning curve then a several other AE games. That might contribute somewhat to MQ's lessened popularity. Although, having played the game since its inception, I can say that it is much easier than it used to be. Grinding to the level cap luckily isn't a required part of playing MQ anymore.

Also, in general, there aren't quite as many gags in MQ as there are in other AE games. Or, I suppose to put it more accurately, the gags are a lot more subtle. Personally I enjoy that style of humor, but to each his/her own I suppose.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 466
1/3/2011 17:29:46   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Moon raven
So NSCs would be bored of the lack of challenge and leave?
DF MQ  Post #: 467
1/3/2011 18:16:30   
demonblast219

Sorry for not being updated with this thread, and sorry for the imminent off topic post XD

quote:

If they made a mode with twice the HP and EP of extreme, then people with rares could play on that for a challenge, and people with nonrares could play on extreme for a challenge.

Well, there would certainly be a lot of people using Prismators in this challenge mode.

Anyways, the reason I joined MQ is because of the strategy involved. I mean, other games are more or less 'TRAIN POWER AND YOU'LL BE 1337 UBER' games.
I think that if the storyline has more depth (and side stories for SC), MQ will slowly be popular again.
The MQ team also has to be careful about the fact that you can't end a storyline without introducing another one that's relevant. If you do end the storyline with nothing else to link it from, it's going to feel like what AQ felt like after the Devourer saga ended.

A storyline is literally a story. Just imagine that you're writing a novel - A novel about the ShadowScythe and how you have to defeat them. There has to be numerous suspense lines, subplots and climaxes. When the story ends, there should be a cliffhanger / sequel that will keep the reader entertained. You have to make sure that this story doesn't flow too fast (or too short, in other words) and that it shows that our planet/alliance isn't under some sort of invulnerability shield (E.g. Falconreach getting destroyed).

You know the book that AE is selling in HeroMart? The Dragon's Secret, I believe. I think that they could potentially write novels about storylines that have already occurred. It's a great idea to write novels about things relevant to the games.

If I had the chance, I'd probably write a story about MQ XD...and I think I strayed off-topic slightly.
MQ  Post #: 468
1/3/2011 18:59:48   
Hellsoarer

quote:

And you're right this game has WAY too much rare stuff and probably most of the players agree with this(at least the ones on the forums)

I am on the forums and I sorta...DISAGREE WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY THAT ARE YOU SERIOUS RARES HELP THE GAME

Why MQ has a low popularity:
Not enough rares

And that is all
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 469
1/3/2011 19:07:16   
stealthwings
Helpful

How?
DF MQ  Post #: 470
1/3/2011 19:46:30   
Master Merlin

Hellsoarer, kindly shut up.

There, I said what all of you were thinking.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 471
1/3/2011 20:49:34   
Hellsoarer

ugh you know what, if I cant post my opinions of improving the game then fine Im gonna stop posting
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 472
1/3/2011 20:55:09   
forumlogin

@bossnuts
Yes, I can, actually. :P
DF does take a level of skill.
And, in the end, oftentimes you end up using the same wep order all the time, similar to how in DF you'll use the same skill order all the time.

@Moon Raven
IMO I think it's too hard, and there's no easiest mode, but whatever. XD

@Master Merlin
Normally I'd go Ooooooooooh like the immature teen that I am but in this case I completely agree with you.

@Hellsoarer
Because you're missing the point.
You're not trying to improve the game.
You're trying to make it more satisfactory to you at the expense of the game.
DF MQ  Post #: 473
1/3/2011 22:02:53   
Moon Raven

@stealthwings
They get challenge if they upgrade, I'm sure there are people who would upgrade because of this reason. And it doesn't really matter if they stop playing when they don't even pay for it in any way.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 474
1/3/2011 22:08:39   
stealthwings
Helpful

They either find it too easy and stop playing, or find it challenging and upgrade.

Also, SC equipment is one reason to upgrade. If things are too easy already with NSC equipment, why upgrade to make it easier?
DF MQ  Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 19 of 21«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition