Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC 2010= Cellar Arena OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2010= Cellar Arena OOC
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2010 13:20:10   
ringulreith

Just wondering if I've got this right. Ed and Ember are fighting near the left wall, near where it intersects the back wall. Tyon and Feng are fighting near the back wall, about half way down from Ed and Ember. Longhair and Jarvis are having a stairing contest near the central pillars. Is this all correct?

< Message edited by ont -- 6/23/2010 13:29:42 >
Post #: 26
6/23/2010 13:29:49   
The Dragon Knight

Left and right are relative, so how about this. Let's say the entrance is the West Wall, Ed and Ember are fighting by the South Wall, near the corner of the East wall, the two Fengs (according to you :-P) and Tyon are fighting by the East Wall, and Jon and Tony Stark's Butler are fighting in the middle. As for you, I believe you're at the north side.
AQ  Post #: 27
6/23/2010 13:30:12   
Micosil

@ Lycan: I'm afraid I'm not quite sure of where the stalagmite is sprouting - was it aimed towards Tyon's original place, his expected landing spot, some place midair...? And if you don't mind, I could also use a bit more of information about where Feng is from Tyon's position. You said you cut off his retreat, so I think that means behind him but... I'm quite sure I'm mistaken ^^

< Message edited by Micosil -- 6/23/2010 13:34:08 >
Post #: 28
6/23/2010 14:56:12   
Ruin

The stalagmite would be at his landing spot after his backflip and such, as in where he's standing now. So that he'd move and Feng is basically just trying to follow his landing, when hedodges the stalgmite, and be anywhere close to him. Assuming that he does dodge the stalagmite...

< Message edited by lycanknight570 -- 6/23/2010 14:57:08 >
AQ  Post #: 29
6/23/2010 16:51:49   
ringulreith

@TDK: Thanks.

@Lykan: Assuming that Tyon's obsidian spray is expanding outwards in all directions, how can you block all of, or even most of, it with just your club?

< Message edited by ont -- 6/23/2010 16:57:05 >
Post #: 30
6/24/2010 0:19:48   
The Dragon Knight

I'm curious about that too. I'm also curious about how he could dodge all of the shards, do a fancy spin and create a giant stalagmite sprout up directly under Tyon and then close the distance between the two in the split second it takes for the man to do a single backflip. Uncanny dodging ability: fine. Incredibly fast geomancy: fine. High speed movement: fine. All of them together and at the same time: needs to be reviewed.
AQ  Post #: 31
6/24/2010 0:28:37   
Ruin

I think possibly you've misunderstood, also I think I misunderstood how the obsidian spray worked, sorry...
AQ  Post #: 32
6/24/2010 3:38:37   
Micosil

Hm... then please explain. I've got my post more or less ready, but I can't really post it until I'm clear as to what you did - because I understood the same as TDK and ont did.
Post #: 33
6/24/2010 4:26:50   
demonhunter

Hmmm...

@Nekops: Need to work out how we're oriented here. Based on where you are, and where you're aiming your Nudge, would Jonathan be able to duck behind a pillar, and if so, would such an action avoid your attack?
AQ DF  Post #: 34
6/24/2010 5:35:18   
Mittoo

Ngh. You sit on revision hoping the EC will keep quiet for a few days, and suddenly you get swamped.

My last exam is today, so I should be able to get one up.

I wouldn't lie to you.
AQ  Post #: 35
6/24/2010 6:32:50   
Strebor

Hi guys, I'm in! And one day too late as well, I might add. But that's it for me, for now. I shan't be able to post till tomorrow, and if you see me still logged on to the forums, its because my post is till being written, and I have stayed logged on, rather than Microsoft Wording it. And Nightly, I can't do that thing for which you PM'ed me till said tomorrow.

On a side note, the entrance is near the western wall? And there is one personage by the North wall, two in the middle, two southeast, X(meaning two-three) people are at the east-east. Plus me makes nine! However, there are ten people so I've missed someone

< Message edited by Strebor -- 6/24/2010 6:33:13 >
Post #: 36
6/24/2010 9:46:04   
ringulreith

Currently there's seven people in the arena. Assuming the entrance is the west wall:
-2 people at the southeast (TDK and Krey)
-2 people at the east (Lykan and Micosil)
-2 people in the center (GoN and Deehee)
-1 person at the northwest (me)

Oh, and finally, some people that I can bash to bits!
Post #: 37
6/24/2010 11:47:26   
The Dragon Knight

Strebor, Mittoo has not posted yet. He's the tenth person.
AQ  Post #: 38
6/24/2010 12:00:00   
Ruin

I'll request an Edit and redo it ASAP. I'll PM you Mic, I think I should have listened to that earlier... But as for my post I think it's just been misunderstood. TDK in particular.

@TDK: How is that incredibly fast geomancing? Tyon did it in the same timeframe.

@Ont: It wasn't blocked with the club, he dropped the club as soon as Tyon shot the spray and spun away the other way so if any hit him, they would hit his back not his face. Also, even considering the spray goes out in all directions, like a shotgun persay. They were pretty close to each other, so it wouldn't really have time to spread before he got out of the way.

Edit: Edit Requested.

< Message edited by lycanknight570 -- 6/24/2010 12:09:38 >
AQ  Post #: 39
6/24/2010 12:53:56   
The Dragon Knight

No, Tyon had prepared his ability before speaking to you. All he did was unleash it when he decided to attack, and used the kinetic force the launch imparted to start his flip. You also never specified how large the stalagmite is, but your post says, "Not that he expected him to be impaled but it would at least move him and creat a lull in the amount of sharp obsidian that was coming at him." What I read from this is that, A) the stalagmite is tall enough and wide enough at the base that it COULD impale Tyon if he didn't move, and B) that you may think Tyon is still launching obsidian. I'm not as sure about the second point, though. More likely you just mean that it'll force Tyon to move about instead of firing again, which is fine.

Tyon's geomancy actually took place two posts BEFORE he attacked you, so he had plenty of time to prepare the attack. None of your posts indicate any kind of preparation, just an instantaneous block, attack and movement in the same span as it took Tyon to do a single back flip. I'm only pointing this out because your post was not very clear from the outset, leading to confusion from a number of people.

Part of this EC is to improve your writing and RPing abilities, after all. I learn from my opponents, and they learn from me. One of the most important things I learned was the importance of having somebody else proofread your work. Something that I always like to do is have my opponent proofread my post before I put it up, that way if there are any points of contention or any confusing components to it I can correct them before posting. If you ask Micosil to proofread, I'm sure he'd be happy to do so, if only to keep things moving along quickly and without having to spend time editing posts. Of course, that's entirely up to you. It's your character, and they are your posts. RP the way you want to, and if you care to take the advice of other people, so be it. If not, well, that's also your decision.
AQ  Post #: 40
6/24/2010 12:56:25   
Ruin

I see what your daying. My understanding was that Micosil had already done the back-flip and began already re-launching obsidian, so my attacks were during and after his back-flip, not onlly during. Sorry for the lack clarifcation.
AQ  Post #: 41
6/24/2010 17:08:38   
Guardian of Nekops

@demonhunter: Brilliant! I had forgotten how close you were to those pillars, for that very reason in fact. Thinking of dodging from a different direction and element, but still...

The attack is pretty darn quick, and gives little warning is all the problem I can see. However, with the four pillars in the area I'd be surprised if you couldn't duck behind one of them that's suitably oriented to stop it. Not quite sure how much running that will involve for you... whether it's just a quick dive or you actually have to run around one of the pillars... was leaning towards the latter, but I'll not complain either way. It's where you put your character, after all. :-P

That would most certainly block the attack, it's a line-of sight effect and I don't see it moving one of the pillars.

So yes, please do. And then show my jerk of a character how foolish he is for underestimating you. :-P
AQ  Post #: 42
6/24/2010 17:42:37   
The Dragon Knight

Indeed! I'm rooting for Jon, although, that's partly because I grew quite fond of the little guy during our short stint together in Tale Begins Anew. Kick that jerk's posterior!
AQ  Post #: 43
6/24/2010 22:16:09   
demonhunter

Well, Jon was standing right next to a pillar following a near miss with Ember's accidental fiery discharge, so he's definitely in a position to duck behind it at a moment's notice.

And yes, Jarvis has indeed underestimated the Jakkai hunter. He who strikes his prey the moment it appears, doesn't bring much back from the hunt.

EDIT: Post is up. Nothing says 'SCREW YOU HUMAN' like a lightning bolt to the guts.

Also, fixed a typo in my last post. Was supposed to say "sneering mockingly", not "sneeringly mockingly"

< Message edited by demonhunter -- 6/24/2010 23:27:42 >
AQ DF  Post #: 44
6/25/2010 13:32:31   
ringulreith

Oh, good, Streeber posted! I'll have a post up soon, first need to look over Van's bio.

Just a question: is Van still on all fours when he confronts me?
Post #: 45
6/25/2010 18:09:29   
Mittoo

Ugh. I'm far too far behind now to be able to catch up properly, I feel. Damned bad timing of exams has thrown me off.

Apologies, all. Maybe next year.
AQ  Post #: 46
6/25/2010 19:02:59   
The Dragon Knight

Bah, that's not right. Throw yourself into it and don't worry about "catching up." Strebor only posted his first today as well, so bite the bullet and do it anyway, Mittoo
AQ  Post #: 47
6/25/2010 20:07:41   
ringulreith

Like TDK said, it'snot too late, Mitto.

Anyways, seeing as Strebor didn't reply to my question, I'm assuming that his character is standing up. I will write up a post post haste!

edit: Posted. It's not much, but I didn't have much to work with.

< Message edited by ont -- 6/25/2010 21:33:37 >
Post #: 48
6/26/2010 4:29:31   
Strebor

Ont, you assume correctly, I am standing up. (You'd have to be really dumb to charge down the stairs where a big pit room awaits)

Also, I'm going to need to know what metals you're equipment is made of. (Knives and stuff etc.) (If you don't mind)

< Message edited by Strebor -- 6/26/2010 6:36:17 >
Post #: 49
6/26/2010 12:36:56   
ringulreith

Unless you can control steel, I don't think he's got any pure elements on him. The two knives he has are just your run-of-the-mill throwing knives, the heads of his weapons are made of reinforced steel, and the chains are made of some sort of biosynthetic metal, think half vine half metal, so I doubt you'd be able to control that.

Now I've a question of my own. Are the spikes coming at him in a streight line, or expanding as they go? And, if the former, how close together are they flying?
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2010= Cellar Arena OOC
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition