Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Gorrillaphants and Seed Spitters

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> Gorrillaphants and Seed Spitters
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/28/2010 16:10:58   
Anoril

A Short Treatise on the Symbiotic Relationship existing between Gorrillaphants and Seed Spitters

It's been a real long while since I've posted anything in L&L, or written much at all in fact. My opinion was that what I had written a few years ago was pretty awful but you know I read some of my own works just now and I actually think I was kinda good...weird.

Anyway, this piece isn't a story at all. It is a study into the relationship between Gorrillaphants and Seed Spitters.

The original idea formed in my head years ago when i wondered why the gorrillaphants and seed spitters would, as a team, attack the mill. I came up with a few theories and now that they have shown up again together in AQW and now that I am apparently a ZooKeeper and Gorrillaphant wrangler, I thought it was time to really figure this out.

If anyone knows how to use superscript on these forums it would be appreciated. 9 stars isn't good is it?

< Message edited by Anoril -- 8/28/2010 16:12:15 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
8/28/2010 21:40:03   
Acient J

I really enjoy your writing, so I'm glad you've finally done more! I haven't finished reading yet, but it seems very good so far.

I'm not sure if it's possible to do superscript, but you could try color-coded stars (e.g. * * * *), color coded whatever-these-things-are, ^ , and merging footnotes *** and ****, as footnote **** is simply an extension of footnote ***.

Edit: I've just finished, and it's really amazing. By the time I finished, I was looking not into the world of a 2D RPG but of a complex magi-ecological system. Well done!

< Message edited by Acient J -- 8/28/2010 21:51:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/30/2010 8:33:00   
Hallie Slidepath
Robot Unicorn Overlord

quote:

Why is chooses to eat Gorrillaphant meat but

I suspect that "is" should be "it", and that's also the only typo I could find.

Ever since the Arcangrove release my interest for both Gorillaphants and Seed-spitters have been sparked, and it feels like this study was written at exactly the right time.
I have to agree with Acient J, this really added new depth to the World of Lore, and it was a fun-fun read (see, not one, but two fun's!)

"The distinction between adventurer and monster can be difficult to make."
This sentence really made me smile, partly because I suspect that it displays the writers opinion about adventurers passing by and farming Gorillaphants for their own selfish reasons, and partly because it's something I've been working with in my recent writings as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> Gorrillaphants and Seed Spitters
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition