Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Wrath of Nexus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Wrath of Nexus
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/4/2010 13:34:41   
Storm_Of_Darkness

Prologue

A teenager began walking on the crowded New York streets. He was wearing a black sweat shirt, with really dark jeans. His hair was pitch black, and he wore headphones. His black eyes pierced through everyone and everything in his path. As he walked, everyone began walking backwards. The city slowly faded into a village, and then a forest. Now, the people around him started running, though using the gait used for walking. The village appeared, and then the city. The sky scrapers began falling around him. Soldier began marching past him. A tank pointed its cannon at the kid. The kid put his arm forward. A bell sound rang, and he was no longer at the ruined city.

He was in an office. He sat down a chair, and desk appeared in from of him. On the left side of the desk was a computer; to the right was a stack of folders. He grabbed a pencil from nowhere, along with a notebook. The note book had a one page left. He scribbled two large words onto the paper. He tore it out, and then got up.

The office faded, and he was at a cliff. He dropped the paper, letting it float in the wind. He heard a sound behind him. He turned around and saw an iron clad man pointing a large crossbow in his direction.

“This ends now!” The man yelled. He pulled the trigger, firing off the large arrow. The boy simply stood there, half turned around. The arrow stopped an inch short of his face, and faded into non-existence. A shocked look appeared on the man face. The cliff and the surrounding forest disappeared. The man looked around stunned. The kid reached into his pockets and took out a box of matches.

At that instant, the man caught on fire. He dropped the burning crossbow, and tried to put it out by rolling. There was nothing to roll on. More slowly than with the settings, the man faded out of existence. One he was completely gone, the kid faced forward again.

“Who was he?”
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
9/5/2010 16:01:50   
Storm_Of_Darkness

Chapter 1

At that exact moment, the kid turned around. Space began to distort around a single spot. The man he had just faded out of existence re-appeared to him. Although, he was wearing white tee shirt labeled "TIME" along with normal blue jeans. He also appeared to be younger, in his teens. He had a malevolent smile on his face, and his right arm was tattooed with a phoenix just below his sleeve, although the tail of it ran down to his wrist. He may have been tattooed before, although he couldn't see.

"Nexus, so good to see you again and before." The kid in white said.

"How do you know my name, and who are you?" The boy in black asked.

"You know me; after all, you killed me twice." Clearly taking pleasure from the look on Nexus's face, he continued, "The past you killed the future me just now. While the future you killed the me you see now. You've created a paradox, therefore, creating me."

"Do you have a name?" Nexus asked.

"No. How about Nihil?" He said.

"Shouldn't have bothered asking, you'll be gone in a second." Nexus said. He put out his hand, and sent out a wave. Nihil also put out his hand, setting off a wave. The two collided, and the scenery melted away. A mountain quickly appeared beneath Nexus, forcing him to disappear. He re-appeared behind Nihil and formed three bullets from nothing. They already had accelerated, coming at Nihil. A shield formed behind Nihil, causing the bullets to recoil. A boulder formed above Nexus, which caused him to jump backwards and form a geyser where he was before. The geyser sprayed up, breaking the boulder.

"You're good for your first time." Nexus informed Nihil.

"Thanks. You seem a little rusty though." Nihil said. The two put their hands out toward each other. Each formed a portal from the tip of their fingers. Out of Nexus portal came a skeletal dragon, with green ooze dripping of the bones. Out of Nihil's portal came a phoenix, ten times his size. The skeletal dragon and the phoenix charged at each other, creating a terrible explosion. When the smoke cleared, Nexus realized Nihil was gone.

Nexus fell back and stared into nothingness. How could anything be on par with him? And just what were his plans? He feared that his problems were just the beginning. Although, a part of him knew that he would come up on top. He was the original, the best, and he was to rule over time and space forever. Who was this wannabe to take his role? He earned it. He earned it...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
9/6/2010 10:58:56   
Storm_Of_Darkness

Chapter 2

Nexus, tired from his battle, decided to teleport to his favorite spot to think. The top a building in 2010. He sat on the edge of it, staring down at the streets below. It was fall, his favorite season. The cars were buzzing, and he heard their horns and impatient drivers cursing at the top of their lungs. He enjoyed watching this, finding it funny that these people were sitting in traffic, when the people who walked were getting to their destinations much quicker. He couldn't hide here forever, though. He sighed, realizing he didn't have many options with the creation of Nihil.

"What should I do?" He thought aloud. "I can't stop Nihil, He and I are on equal terms. I wish that guy still existed, he would know something about this. Although, since he doesn't I'll have to talk to her. Oh god, I think I'd rather take my chances with fighting Nihil." He reactivated every memory of her he heard, all those painful annoying memories. He sighed, and decided that that was the best thing he could do. He opened a portal on the air in front of him, and then stood up. He jumped through it, going to his least favorite time and place.

"Ah, Nexus, so could to see you again." A girl greeted him on his way in. He looked around the room. There were white boards all round, with complex mathematical equations on them, and a bulletin board across from him. On the bulletin were research notes she had stolen from many different researches, and their estates if they had died. Nexus looked at the girl. She was wearing large glasses, since her vision was impaired from staying up all night with research. This also resulted with bags under her eyes. Nexus never understood how she came to know so much within her short life span of thirteen years, but he really didn't care. Although, he did suspect she might be a being like him. She wore a white lab coat, with a grey tee shirt and loose black pants held up by a brown belt. She had long black hair, although not beautiful in the least due to her not caring for her personal appearance. She was the spitting image of someone who pulled 20 too many all-nighters, mainly because she did.

"It hasn't been that long from your perspective, three days if I remember." He said.

"Yes, although it seems to be one year on your end that you haven't come to see me." She said. Nexus muttered something under his breath.

"Well, I need you help Veritas." Nexus said.

"Oh, so you only drop by when you need me, huh?" She said. Nexus rolled his eyed, and felt like telling her the hundred percent truth. Although, looking at her tired face, that was clearly a bad idea. Another month of all nighters and she'd kill herself.

"Look, out of curiosity, what would happen if I killed the same person twice?" Nexus asked. The look on her face said that the result wasn't good. Nexus said quickly, "I didn't! I'm curious because someone really ticked me off and I want to." Nexus hoped that the statement saved her from a season of all nighters.

She turned back to one right board on the right side of the room, and stated, "Well, I think the result would create another being like you. What do you call those like yourself again?"

"Portals is what that guy used to call us."

"Yeah, he would have the same abilities of you. Moving through time and space, bringing something from one time and place to a different time or place, and accelerating and decelerating the time of something, the whole shebang. So don't do it, unless you want a repeat of the "Ragnarok" incident." Nexus swallowed hard. She clearly saw something was wrong, since she asked, "You already did it, didn't you?"

"...Yes."
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
9/7/2010 20:56:08   
Storm_Of_Darkness

Chapter 3

Nihil sat, perched in a tree, watching the Romes fight the Corinthians. For some reason, he found it entertaining. He was thinking about how to deal with Nexus, although his mind was other places. He watched as arrows rained down upon the Corinthians, and Roman reinforcements came. He saw the Corinthians retreat, with Romans shouting 'hoorays!' in their own language. Bored, he decided to go find something else to do. He went forward in time, to the time when the first nuclear bomb was being tested. He got there just as the bomb went off. He realized teleporting right above the bomb was a ridicules idea a few seconds later, realizing he couldn't really see the explosion if he was in it. He simply sighed, teleporting to a random place and time. He was on the ocean floor now, watching as fish swam by him. Pressure and lack of oxygen didn't affect him in the least.

His final destination was temple in northern Asia, a mountain top temple where monks would train. He began walking through the courtyard of the temple, to a spot where a single monk was training. He wore loose clothing, all in red with golden trim. He was well built, and unlike stereo types, he had hair. Nihil looked around, sensing no other life energies in the temple. The monk, who had his back turned to him until this point, turned around and asked him, "Why are you here?"

"I'm just bored." Nihil reported. He was amazed by the way the temple was set up, this monk had defiantly had help at some point.

"So, you climbed all the way up here for no reason?" The monk asked.

"Why climb, when I can just do this!" Nihil disappeared from the monk's sight, until he yelled, "Over here!"

The monk looked behind him to see Nihil standing on the wall separating the temple from the slopes. Nihil disappeared again, this time to the top of the main building. Finally, he teleported in front of the monk once again.

"Who are you?" The monk asked.

"I named myself Nihil, how about you?"

"My master called me Eagle, so I suppose that would work."

"Eagle, I suppose it's less cliché then Wolf. What would you say if I told you a story you couldn't believe?"

"Try me."
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
9/11/2010 21:23:43   
Storm_Of_Darkness

Chapter 4

Nexus went back in time, before even language had been developed. He had to do some tests involving his powers. He combined the force of 100 different earthquakes, taking them from different time. The force of it was so powerful; he sunk an entire continent of extremely advanced people. He teleported into the sky to view what he had done. He was amazed by the range of his destruction. He had to remember to use that on Nihil. Although, now that he thought about it, he probably caused several rifts in time. Although, time auto fixes itself somehow, so he didn't care. He may have sunk a continent, but he did get rid of a ton of life threatening earthquakes. He went back to Veritas's work shop.

"So, how did the test go?" She asked, not even looking from the white board she was using.

"I sunk a continent," Nexus said, "Atlantis, I believe."

She didn't seem surprised in the least. "Well, that's my Nexus. I'm used to it by now."

"Have you made any progress in your research?" Nexus asked, feigning interest.

"Yes actually," She tossed him a small piece of technology, "Using several things which I would be arrested for if anyone found out, I've created a time and space spanning communicator."

Nexus cursed under his breath, then gave his best fake smile. Which, considering who he was, wasn't that good. "Thank you so much, Veritas. I'll make sure to keep it on, although it could break if I fight Nihil."

"If it breaks, then I break you." Veritas said, one hundred percent sincere. Nexus couldn't understand why he feared her, even though he could kill her in a heartbeat. From what he saw watching time, girls were simply born scary.

"Okay, I'm going to look for Nihil. I'll see you, well, I may never see you again." Nexus said.

"If you win, you'll see me, right?" Veritas asked.

"Maybe, although I'm going to stop messing up the time line. It's confusing, annoying, and simply not worth it. If I do win, I'll just go to some abandoned island or something."

"You're always welcome here." Veritas said.

"Oh god, where am I?" Nexus asked to no one in particular. He looked for some land mark to distinguish his location, but the only thing in his sight was a warehouse. He heard something from it, and at first thought it was a squirrel. This changed when he heard someone yell 'Eureka!' He ran towards the warehouse, disregarding the rules Ragnarok taught him. He stopped at the door, knocking as he remembered average people's manners.

"Go away!" A female voice yelled. Nexus was puzzled. Did he do something wrong?

"Uh, was that directed at me?" Nexus said. The door burst open, and a young girl came out. She was about 8, and wore a long lab coat that covered her whole body.

"What do you want? I'm busy." The girl asked. Nexus got nervous. He had no idea how normal conversations went. After a few moments of awkward silence, the girl sighed and simply said, "Come in."

Nexus was soon surrounded by filled up white boards. He didn't understand the math on them at all. There were letters too. What were letters doing in math? "Uh, my name is Nexus."

"Nexus?" The girl asked. Nexus began to wonder if he did something wrong. Then, she smiled and said, "Nice name, I'm Veritas." Nexus was nervous. Ragnarok said that normal people were complicated, especially females. Was this a trick?

"So, what do you do for fun?" Nexus asked, trying to prevent an awkward silence like before. Although, it is what got him this far. Maybe he was right?

"Fun is obsolete," Veritas stated, "I spend my time doing research on time-space theories. Although, now that I think about it, I do enjoy it. What about you?”

“I travel through time and space doing nothing in particular. Ragnarok says I do better than anyone, even though I have no idea what I do that is so special.” Veritas simply stood there dumbfounded. “Oh yeah, Ragnarok said not to talk about that. Uh, would you mind forgetting what you just heard?”

“Can you bring me some proof that you’re telling the truth?” She asked. Nexus nodded, thinking he did something wrong and was trying to fix it. “Good,” she held out a history book, “This is an old ancient artifact, a sword, which was lost in time. If you bring it here, I will believe you.” Nexus nodded again. He read the time and place it disappeared, and concentrated. Slowly, the sword materialized in his hands.

“Did I do it right?” Nexus asked, looking at the surprised expression on Veritas’s face.

“Come by here anytime. I’ll be happy to accept you. Who knows, you may help me in my research at one point.”
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Wrath of Nexus
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition