Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2010 0:36:49   
icemaster 77

I agree with forumlogin,why do we need to upgrade old rare mechs.Then people wouldn't buy other mechs.

And forumlogin what do you mean by *So no, I have no numbers. Say what you will*.
MQ AQW  Post #: 176
9/29/2010 0:53:29   
forumlogin

@icemaster
Just curious, how new to these forums are you? :P
When arguing for things like this, we usually present data, statistics, test runs, that sort of thing.
However, all I've said is hypothetical, so I have no data, statistics, test runs, that sort of thing.
Which means that it's probably going to be ignored by the majority or discarded as having no data to support it. :O
DF MQ  Post #: 177
9/29/2010 1:05:09   
seventy two

Forum, as I have said before I would like to see a increase in credits for lower levels, but until the credit scaling formula is known to me I do not have a basis for an argument either. This reminds me, I would love to see formulas posted on the forums rather than being left to test, this would include stat formulas, enemy hp and anything else that would be useful to know.
AQ MQ  Post #: 178
9/29/2010 2:06:00   
Artus

Is MQ dying? only the staff knows for sure... but there must be a reason why the first mission has been redone several times right? (there must be an increasing number of players that just quit from the start) the other peak of players must be around lvl15 because its where the equipment gap starts and the difficulty increases (in my opinion) and its kinda funny when you leave soluna the story kinda gets boring (again in my opinion), why? because it gets kinda repetitive, you get there, gain trust fighting mechs, after a while maybe a minigame then a war with a boss that later becomes a regular.

And SCMM well after I lost the chance of buying the mayprils mech i totally lost the interest of buying another, and if thatīs the week release then i just donīt even log in.

The increasing exp requirements, well in AQ there are monsters with DIFFERENT exp and gold rewards not just one for a level, I know it must be a titanic job just to even think about it in MQ but there arenīt many solutions to this and some time in the future, getting to level 99 must be something thatīs going to be titanic too...

And finally the latest releases felt like a must do, battle this because you have to not because you want to (like a filler), so where are the DF and AQ mechs and the ships (thereīs a pilot spot that hasnīt been filled since it started)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 179
9/29/2010 12:15:01   
Vampire Fexy

Just saying this for people who say that MQ is hard to lvl up.

I have been playing a game called CrossFire, and leveling up in it to the last rank takes about 5 years probably, and you would need to buy the boost items, boosted XP items for 5 years would cost more than 400$ since they arent permanent items, so MQ is nothing compared to most other games, how much does X-Boost cost anyway ? almost nothing compared to other games, and looking at the numbers in this thread you need to play 1 hour for 151 days, while CrossFire needs 5 hours for 1826 days, so pretty much we dont need any boost for the XP amount.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 180
9/29/2010 21:02:11   
icemaster 77

I been in these forums since the begining of 2009.You see me been serious all the time,right.

I don't know how to do the formula for the staff to make the increase exp.

But Vampire Fexy,how about games like Maplestory,it easy to lv up.One month can get you from lv 1-50.Also some text based games are easy to level up too.Runescape even easy to level up even thought it's a MMORPG.I leveled up from 1-50 in two weeks for 1 hour per day.

I don't play much games other than Travian and AE games.
MQ AQW  Post #: 181
9/29/2010 22:14:03   
forumlogin

@Vampire Fexy
I'm guessing grinding is considered a problem in their community. XD
DF MQ  Post #: 182
9/29/2010 22:19:20   
icemaster 77

I wouldn't want to play a unbalanced grind like Crossfire.One game not to play for me.

And had you notice that the number of players are decreasing every week.

< Message edited by icemaster 77 -- 9/29/2010 22:20:04 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 183
9/30/2010 2:36:58   
Vampire Fexy

Nop, Crossfire is a big success game and no one ever complained about the rank system ever, least in asia since everyone that plays in the North America version is a troll or small kid who annoys you all time, and it actually shows how the rank (lvl) doesnt matter, after the very first few ranks you get the other doesnt matter since they dont give you anything other than just bonus equipments and dont do too much, the only thing the rank means in that game is how much of an expert in the game and how much you play it and know it, same goes to MQ, you just need to get to lvl 25 and you are pretty much done from the need of farming as you can get most of the good weapons.

Also you cant look at other games and say how they are easier to lvl up, MechQuest is different in ever possible way, look at AQW you can lvl up from lvl 1 to 30 in one day if you are gonna buy the X-boost and farm all day long with people helping you, so we should be able to lvl up in MechQuest in one day ? no we dont, MechQuest is different from AQW or any other game and it have it own rules and it doesnt have to have the same lvling amount of time as other games do, you can also look at SC2 its a new game, even tho it doesnt have a lvl or a rank it have points, you need to win more than 8000 matches to finish the matches points only, while you have to finish the story on the hardest mode with doing other stuffs, MechQuest isnt hard at all and doesnt require a time if you looked at most other games actually.

And school and college started, each few more weeks more people gotten into schools, you gotta consider countries other than US, some started before and some after by weeks, thats a reason why less people play.

< Message edited by Vampire Fexy -- 9/30/2010 2:39:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 184
9/30/2010 15:32:59   
mechquestlord
Banned

maybe we could have our (damaged) van repaired and modified to fight a certian enemy?
MQ  Post #: 185
9/30/2010 19:49:34   
icemaster 77

...I don't see some people thinking MQ isn't hard to level up.
MQ AQW  Post #: 186
9/30/2010 21:58:32   
forumlogin

@icemaster
Except our residential hardcores. :O

@Fexy
So why not have an exp boost until level 25? :P
DF MQ  Post #: 187
9/30/2010 22:09:48   
stealthwings
Helpful

@icemaster
I think it is easy.

The only hard thing about it, is that it allows you to multi-task, which you do, because farming is boring, and then that seriously increases the amount of time necessary to level up.

I think, that if it wouldn't be too hard to program, they should just give MQ keyboard shortcuts (like DF has, press a key, you attack). Those really helped me in DF, since you can attack the moment you are done being attacked, rather than having to click. The time it takes to click really adds up. In DF, I discovered the fact that you could hold down the key and not have to click, and the time it took me to level was cut in half.

If this required a massive engine overhaul (in DF, it was released with the new game engine), then it should not be done, since staff time would be better spent on the S.O.O.N list.

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 9/30/2010 22:11:08 >
DF MQ  Post #: 188
9/30/2010 22:15:10   
wemboo__a17

not to sound like a noob but YOU CAN HOTKEY DF?!I agree about the S.O.O.N list it would be so cool to have... what they want to put on there... oh yeah like the sword overhaul that would be cool. Of course, that would probably need a whole new engine so why not assign half the team thats not working on the releases on those and then just release em both in the overhaul

I'm busy planning to rule the world!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 189
9/30/2010 22:18:00   
stealthwings
Helpful

Came with 9.0.0
All the other stuff which came with 9.0.0

But back on topic to MQ.
DF MQ  Post #: 190
9/30/2010 22:18:22   
forumlogin

@wemboo
You're optimistic. XD
That's not a bad thing, but it's been repeatedly said that taking staff members off of other games may not be worth the cost to those games. So assigning half the team to MQ=probably not going to happen.
And what do you mean 'sword overhaul'? :/
DF MQ  Post #: 191
9/30/2010 22:52:55   
icemaster 77

Yes you guys have residential hardcores!All the former MQ players don't have it.
MQ AQW  Post #: 192
9/30/2010 23:27:23   
seventy two

@Forum Hardcore? you mean Fexy? I am not a hardcore farmer, my leveling to 45 was an isolated incident.

@stealth, IIRC there was an engine problem relating to the quick keys in DF and they were removed I do not know it they have returned. AQW does have them though.

@icemaster your sentences make very little sense, could you rephrase them.

Personally I think that past 25 the exp requirement should be raised by about 10%, the main reason I never mentioned the idea is because I realized that I would have practically no on who would support the idea,
AQ MQ  Post #: 193
9/30/2010 23:33:15   
anonagon 2010

FIRST SCMM EVERY 1 MONTH then i would a little sushi shop. then ,how come i have the dark lord mechula and no vampire bow to me.
not to mention the ice cream and peanut butter shop.

and for some reason people say scmm every 2 or 3 months, exept how caan it be scMM when its not every month

sakib da dark lord rulz da vorld
Post #: 194
9/30/2010 23:47:06   
forumlogin

@anonagon
Say what now? :/
The only thing I got was that the SCMM should be every 1 month, which me and several other players have already argued against (S.O.O.N. list=higher priority, that sort of thing).
DF MQ  Post #: 195
10/1/2010 19:18:59   
Zhark

(Only got here now)
Yep. It is my honest belief that MQ is slowly dying. There haven't been any playable releases for around a month now, it only seems to be weapon release. I'm, slowly finding myself forgetting about MQ on Friday's, and in all honesty, would rather them have the rest of the year off, so that they could make better content for a while rather than put up with what they're doing now. What's annoying is that, they haven't even mentioned it, admitted to it or told us why it's happening...because, I'm sure they will have noticed it who wouldn't?
DF  Post #: 196
10/1/2010 19:40:01   
Gold

@Zhark: Old news is old.

Yes, MQ's releases are small because the MQ team itself is small.

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
10/1/2010 19:41:15   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Seventy Two
That is why they haven't been working recently.

They really helped me level up though.
DF MQ  Post #: 198
10/1/2010 19:41:29   
mechquestlord
Banned

maybe they need a few more team members?
MQ  Post #: 199
10/1/2010 19:45:29   
icemaster 77

seventy two: ........

I starting to think that most of September releases are a waste.They are all rares and useless ones.

Anyways:

Today is the first day of October.So I am going to set a theme of evil beings everyday on October.The theme today is going to be a Darkness Elemental.

This evil matter of shadows comes on the first day of October,to bring in the darkness and evil on the start of October,the last month of the year in the Irish Calender.No human being sees the Darkness Elemental since it invisible to human eye.It prepares the world to make evil beings appear on Halloween which is the last day of the year in the Irish Calender.So don't mind about the Darkness Elemental today.
MQ AQW  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition