Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 10 of 30«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2010 14:17:51   
Master Merlin

The House Mech are the most important mech in the game IMO. They are the first that new players and developing players get in their leveling progression, and if they suddenly find out that they suck and can't beat the latest quest what are they going to do? Leave, most likely.

Remember, new players have no idea of "power inflation" The term "rare" is foreign to them. We experienced players see a wide varriety of content in front of us, but new players have no access to that. There is a reason MQ is understaffed and underbudgeted, and that is quite simply, they are destroying over 3/4 of their content to rares. Kuld once had an awesome quote. "I love MQ, but it is the only game I know of that makes a foundation, builds some skystrapers and then knocks half of them down."

As you all know, I have been trying for years to get the AHM balanced and recently the old HM up to standards. I've pretty much failed, lol. But I come back and see Forumlogin's Equipment And Mech Problems Thread in the GBI and smile a little, knowing that my work was not in vain. So thanks for that.

Yeah... I've sort of rambled on. I'll post later about my feelings towards the original topic, and record what I've seen as I came back from my break.

< Message edited by Master Merlin -- 10/2/2010 14:19:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 226
10/2/2010 14:19:09   
Hellsoarer

MQ'S NOT DYING SO COME ON DOWN TO THE BIG BUTTON AT THE TOP AND GET YOUR PartyTron HERE!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 227
10/2/2010 14:20:46   
mechquestlord
Banned

we do need lvl 45 ahms NOW! or perhaps a new kind of house mecha... which i might post later.
MQ  Post #: 228
10/2/2010 14:21:03   
Calogero

Hellsoarer

If you have nothing better to say, please don't say anything at all then...

@ Merlin

Indeed, serious tho If i have to choose between the SCMM and the House Mechs, I'd go for the house mechs!

@ Mechquestlord
New Housemechs aren't planned till lvl 50 :)

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 229
10/2/2010 14:23:10   
mechquestlord
Banned

your just lucky that i cannot kick through cpu screens...
MQ  Post #: 230
10/2/2010 14:24:05   
icemaster 77

As long as we keep argueing and the MQ releases aren't the S.O.O.N list,then MQ will continue to decrease on playerbase.

Anyways:

Today is the second day of October.The theme today are going to be Ghostly Fogs.

These fogs aren't normal fogs you see sometime in the year.These fogs are Ghostly Fogs,strange mistly fogs that makes the air and skies haunted.They sometimes look like Ghosts,but they are actully fogs who are evil.They prepare the air to be evil-like so evil beings can begin their haunting!!!

MQ AQW  Post #: 231
10/2/2010 14:26:25   
Master Merlin

There was a suggestion made in this thread, I can't remember by who, that we should make all future SCMM non rares and put them in one massive shop, balancing them down to non rare status.

This may be a little extreme but I love it, not only would you keep in a steady supply of non rare mech every month but imagine when a new player enters the game, sees a shiny "SCMM shop" Button, clicks it, and BAM! Hundreds of powerful mech models to buy if they only they pay a small $20 to upgrade.

An ingenious plan. The staff would be rich!

< Message edited by Master Merlin -- 10/2/2010 14:27:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 232
10/2/2010 14:32:57   
icemaster 77

That could work,if the others agree.HAHA.
MQ AQW  Post #: 233
10/2/2010 14:36:24   
Calogero

I'd agree... Not new lvls of the mechs offcourse but that way Upgrading is promoted ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 234
10/2/2010 14:38:38   
Hellsoarer

quote:

that we should make all future SCMM non rares

WAIT WHAT??? Oh, you said future. We're good.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 235
10/2/2010 14:44:09   
Master Merlin

quote:

WAIT WHAT??? Oh, you said future. We're good.

I wouldn't care either way, but considering that they were announced to be rare, and money was involved in the transaction I would keep them rare on the off chance that MQ gets sued.

Edit: Oh yeah Fexy suggested the idea. And it's on the first page too... I should really be more aware *facepalm*.

Edit2: Einhander may have suggested it also, yep. And it's Bulgarian/ Sicilian. With an English affinity for Tea. Yes, I am weird.

< Message edited by Master Merlin -- 10/2/2010 14:53:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 236
10/2/2010 14:48:48   
forumlogin

@Hellsoarer
Unfortunately I find it very difficult to ignore the people who just don't get the point, as stealthwings suggests.
So I will tell you again: if you are going to make pointless posts in a thread that deserves more than you're willing to give, just. Stop. POSTING.

@mechquestlord
We may be getting new HMs, but new versions are planned for level 50.
In addition, as I've said before, it doesn't matter if its level 45 if most players are not going to be getting past either 5 or 15. :/

@Merlin
You're back. :D
Welcome back. I was missing our Sicilian. ;)
That suggestion was made by Einhander; he said previous SCMMs should be made non-rare and weaker for more permanent content.

EDIT:
By Fexy?
Hm, I thought Ein made a similar one. :P

< Message edited by forumlogin -- 10/2/2010 14:50:40 >
DF MQ  Post #: 237
10/2/2010 14:58:33   
Hellsoarer

Well people are yelling at me but they're doing it nicely!
And these PARTYTRONS prove that MechQuest isn't dying :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 238
10/2/2010 15:02:41   
Calogero

yes, Hellsoarer, whatever you say......

@ Forum

I'd see that Idea work... Permanent ScMM to attract Paying people :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 239
10/2/2010 15:03:17   
icemaster 77

So people agree to a idea that I think is great.

Now we need the MQ staff to agree on this idea of making future SCMM non rare.

And also,the so call Partyrons arms are worse than the arms in the Rare Hunter Shop.
MQ AQW  Post #: 240
10/2/2010 15:04:45   
mechquestlord
Banned

then replace them!
MQ  Post #: 241
10/2/2010 15:05:40   
Calogero

@ Icemaster

The Arms suck... but then again I don't use the arms...
Head - Body and Shoulders are all I need lol

Shoulders are wicked tho :P
with a dragon Helm I can do +300 Crits :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 242
10/2/2010 15:07:05   
mechquestlord
Banned

and have to use the arms or skip. and the animations are quite good. but wtf is a bullet weapon doing with the laser element?
MQ  Post #: 243
10/2/2010 15:08:49   
Calogero

@ Mechquestlord
actualy you can use Head - Shoulders - Body in a way that you never have to use the arms...

Head - Shoulders - Body - shoulder - head - Shoulders - Body... etc
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 244
10/2/2010 15:27:50   
forumlogin

@Hellsoarer
You have fail logic. Look at your post again and see how much sense it makes, or doesn't.

Anyways, some notable areas that should be fixed up:
-GEARS. The only thing there of use to most players are the Advanced Combat Theory battles. Most other stuff is dull (energy blades) or low-level (just about everything else).
-Teks. Most of her weps aren't actually any different from each other.
-Lagos. This may sound weird, considering it's one of the best fully-developed planet, but for one thing, you still can't go there from the Starmap in the ship, and for another, it doesn't have much in the way of weps; they're all generic +damage and/or DoT. There are even 2 weps that do the exact same thing. :/
-Energy blade battles in general. It's being worked on, and it takes a lot of coding, but they're impossibly boring and really shouldn't even be used in quests until they're cleaned up.
DF MQ  Post #: 245
10/3/2010 9:36:03   
Terosin

We'll continue the discussion here for now.
Don't worry - We saved the other thread and all suggestions and all your spammin.

This thread is to discuss and make suggestions to improve the game, not to spam, chitchat and startin to flame.

I'll give you a last reminder:
Once you start to spam or you post anything offensive or off-topic here, ya'll recieve a warning instantly.

Post #: 246
10/3/2010 11:26:16   
Vampire Fexy

Gonna post again as my post was removed for some reason...

@Master Merlin : Putting SCMM to SC club is Ein idea, i suggested dropping SCMM forever and making equipments every few months and be in SC club permanent shop that is made for these weapons, SC will still get stuffs and as they are going to be perm in game they could give a little balance to rare/non rare issue, least for the SC players.

Ein idea :
quote:

Yet again, I'm still for keeping the SCMMs; even if they have to be bi-monthly for a temporary amount of time. And again, while it's understandable that the mechs are supposed to be eternally rare, I am not against having them re-released as weaker, but permanent mechs to fill the SC-Club's lacking Mecha shop. They're SC Mechs anyway, and weaker versions in the SC-Club shop will make that place much more profitable. In the case of the Viking, it could be a permanent Holiday Rare for SCs when they visit Thoh, along with other future December SCMs, so slightly rebalancing the Viking series for Holiday Rare status instead of Eternal Rare status wouldn't hurt.

As I've said before; just impose turn limits on the mechs with Infinite DoTs or Buffs/Nerfs, reduce the strength of the specials by 10% to 15% and/or reduce the activation rate of the specials by 15% to 20%, and in the case of the Warbear, rebalance it's HP/EP/Regen to a more conventional level, and just make the damage specials a chance activation instead of guaranteed (50% activation sounds fair enough; keeping to the original's theme, but not guaranteed). And just for the sake of clarification, add MP (Mass-Produced) to the series names and descriptions. In general, the strength level of the SCMP mechs would be between an SC mech and an NG mech, instead of NG level to NG Rare level strength.

My idea :
quote:

Dropping the SCMM FOREVER, and adding a permanent shop for SCs in the SC club, and they add mechas/equipments every 3-4 months, that way they can give SCs still get bonus for upgrading and they wouldnt be rare, this should balance the rares a little.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 247
10/3/2010 11:48:11   
master mix

Mechquest would be better if they took more suggestions.

I am saying this for everybody.

When was the last time that I saw them credit a suggestion on the design notes?

And also, isn't MQ basically the only AE game w/out a player suggestion shop?

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 248
10/3/2010 11:57:45   
stealthwings
Helpful

It is a lot harder to make weapons/mecha than it is in the other games.

In MQ, every weapon needs a new animation, for the other games, all weapons are the same, it is the armours which have new animations. Every mecha needs 6 new animations. Thus, a suggestion shop is very hard to make.

If they did, then releases would get even smaller than they are now.

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 10/3/2010 11:58:07 >
DF MQ  Post #: 249
10/3/2010 12:10:13   
Hellsoarer

Guys don't you think it would be kewl for when you travel to a planet you have the option to fly the ship as a minigame and you would have to avoid asteroids?

Edit: Erm.... What stealthwings said.... Suggestion Shop = Bad... Using Suggestions when they run out of ideas = Good....

< Message edited by Hellsoarer -- 10/3/2010 12:13:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 10 of 30«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition