Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= Ultimate Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= Ultimate Class Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 12«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/5/2010 4:19:01   
Tristar Nexus
Constructive!

I don't agree that vampires should be limited to a tier 1 class. It was stated that werewolves lose their strength with age but vampires (while not gaining physical strength) increased their reserve of dark energy the longer they live. This would be why there is no lycan equivalent to the vampire hand maiden and was the stated reason in the last april fools quest that we could beat the male version of Safiria.

Thus I would think that their would be higher tiers of vampire subraces - even if they had the odd requirement of having to wait several months to upgrade them :)
Werewolves would be stuck at a fixed tier unless they managed to get promoted to one of those strange side cases such as dracowolves.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
11/5/2010 8:13:58   
Edgemaster Scion
Constructive!

Well Tristar Nexus, I believe that would cause some controversy on the whole "were vs vamp" debates, and besides, we have to become vampires so late should we chose to become one. We don't gain much. And yes, I WAS a vamp before dracopyre came out.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 52
11/5/2010 13:41:24   
Phrixus

Great pointTristar Nexus, and a valid one at that. However i would think we would need a better explanation of the lycans first. I don't know if you recall the guardian ezine and how it used to be a bit more recognized but on issue 10 there is a short description of the four types of lycanthropes. In reading this all we really know is that some spread the curse or disease much easier than others which could result in them outnumbering vampires. It's just a thought. I'm going to try to put the link in here and hope it doesn't get chomped or something lol.

zardianezine issue 10

< Message edited by Phrixus -- 11/5/2010 13:58:32 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 53
11/5/2010 17:13:17   
Shirefolk

I would hope that subraces wouldn't stay limited to the low levels. They are a great way to dangle high leveled equipment in front of aspiring new players by putting a really high level varient of the same armor :/

Eg: New player walks into the Werewolf HQ,
"OOooh! All this cool stuff! Werewolf armor level 120!!?! Awesome! I want that! I'd better go buy some tokens so I can kill stuff easier and level up faster!"

AQ  Post #: 54
11/5/2010 17:22:21   
afterlifex
Legend-X

^ it's probably going to stay sub-lvl 100 just like most classes(disregarding the possibility of "elite") or we would have gotten a high lvl dracopyre armour.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
11/5/2010 17:32:45   
Tristar Nexus
Constructive!

Thanks for the link Phrixus. Doesn't say much about the "curses" effect though, just passing it on. I guess a type one werewolf would be stronger (and a type two by comparison) then type three and four but that doesn't say how strong any of them are :/
Also as our characters have already been born, type one is probably out and finding a type two willing to give up its curse would be difficult (though "stacking" the type two curse onto the type three curse may be a way to lift the Lycans limitations).

Another important statement that was left out of that ezine article was that of the selkies. Were-seals ftw!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 56
11/6/2010 13:51:24   
Phrixus

@ Tristar: You're welcome. True though im not sure if their strengths would go in descending order from number. It did state that type 4 was easiest to get. It reminded me of an air born pathogen, sort of like when the plague transformed to airbourne if i'm not mistaken. Either was if Lore had to go through anything like Vandar in that issue did, then we'd be in for some trouble. Now that i think of it, a war between type 4 werewolves and possibly Lorians or even exclusively other werewolves would be very interesting and have lots of potential. I imagine they would be looking for a planet with more space as theres would be filling up and this could be an opportunistic to have a type 4 class lol. That's a long shot and a bit off topic i realize.

On another note, did you guys ever hear the rumor that if you had at least 100 int and 100 cha you could transform into alpha werewolf almost 100% of the time? lol I totally fell for that like 3 years ago.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 57
11/6/2010 13:56:50   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

That's a new one to me. Wizard was a class i used to love back in 2007-2008.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
11/6/2010 14:48:36   
Tristar Nexus
Constructive!

@Prixus: The curses that are more easily spread would mostly be affecting people at a later stage of their lives (on average), also the fact that the virus was not transmitted as a whole seems to suggest that much of its coding would have to do with self multiplication in the new host. The one that was transmitted at birth would mutate with the child as it grew suggesting that while the curse may not be stronger, the child's growth would have been molded by the curse so that by the time they did transform it would be a more "pure" transaction. Type 2 would possibly be stronger then 3 because the curse would be self contained. With type 2 I got the impression it may behave like the vampiric curse, mutating itself at every generation (as this was suggested to how type 3 came about). While no individual host would get stronger during its life time I got the impression that the curse may change each consecutive host in a slightly evolved way.

As to actual classes, I always took my dodge ratio quite seriously (that and raw attack power). So I never really used any before dracopyre and assasin.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
11/6/2010 14:56:58   
Nessa Ellensse

Odd I didn't particularly care for Wizard when it first came out. I didn't care for Divine Magic either because the spells I had at the time had a mp cost of 80 or less. I clung to mage until I started getting spells with a MP cost over 100. Once the spells were swept, I started getting much higher level and MP cost got into the 300 and 400 range I definitely changed my mind about Divine Magic. I definitely love Mana Morph as well getting a guaranteed amount of mana back from a potion is a definite plus. I like the improvements to Mage Robes, Not looking forward to the new wizard class when/if we see it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
11/6/2010 15:06:38   
Nuerix

I think the idea of an Archmage class is genius! Shame its taking so long to release
I currently use mage + wizard.
AQ DF  Post #: 61
11/6/2010 15:13:31   
RasLuine
Banned

I just love wizard class as it is right now :/
I just hope by some miracle they decide to keep the old wizard class as rare and then just re-release wizard altogether...
A man can always dream...
AQ  Post #: 62
11/6/2010 15:18:19   
Khimera

@RasLuine: They won't. It's broken in many ways. A couple of overpowered skills and then plenty of godawful useless ones.
Post #: 63
11/6/2010 15:26:30   
Chii
Legendary KoO Snugglebunny

I think you may wind up liking the new Wizard more than you'd think, especially the elemental variants.
AQ  Post #: 64
11/6/2010 15:35:10   
RasLuine
Banned

Just in case let me keep the rare old one... plox?

AQ  Post #: 65
11/6/2010 16:11:20   
PsyBlade

Before the Sweep, I was using Wizard/Necromancer/Paladin a decent amount. I eventually traded in my normal Wizard for Pyromancer. After the sweep, I started using Dragonlsayer more. For a time I prefered Mage, but I've outgrown it in my opinion. My most useful full class is Assassin, but I tend to stick to my Graceful Dracopire. Once I got Assassin it was my main until I got the mini-class. I find the mini-class to be the most useful armor I have at the moment. Massive Basic attack, a 'cheap' double attack, a decent double attack w/ heal chance, a 'rechargeable' 'spell', minor regeneration, and Level 90 defenses. If you know what you're doing, Lycanthropic Vampiric Half-Dragon is the way to go.

~PB
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 66
11/6/2010 18:11:17   
M C Tor

i hear all the mages talking about the empower skill on mage robes.....hasnt anyone ever used the divine magic on wizard class?

Its the only class armour i have left, and im a warrior.

I used to UG and UM with necro 24/7 at lvl 70-90 before i used the ubers. used the paladin's holy light for darkness monsters

And of course Assassin!!! i used that for a long time, immense hit if you do a special

My first ever favourite class was DS, the armor looked amazing...hate the new look though :( want the classic armor back

but now everything becomes....obsolete because of Dracopyre :):):) truly amazing...its exceeded my ubers set and i even sold my chimeran set!

oh and lycans FTW btw
loved the alpha werewolf hit too bad its only 35% rate...and the alpha werewolf looks so beast :D

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 67
11/6/2010 18:29:08   
PONIUS

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.aqworldswiki.com/images/5/54/Lycan_Knight.png&imgrefurl=http://www.aqworldswiki.com/index.php/Clan:The_Lycans_of_The_Lore&usg=__O-38dYhPhKc0pcpgn5azzufMQ6I=&h=435&w=421&sz=76&hl=en&start=0&sig2=KiTCVNqcN2IKs2AUvly29Q&zoom=1&tbnid=hSU_9gNLaSTRvM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=126&ei=JNfVTOz8MMX6lweV2-CACQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daq%2Bworlds%2Bvampire%2Band%2Blycan%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D677%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=263&vpy=199&dur=5096&hovh=228&hovw=221&tx=139&ty=131&oei=JNfVTOz8MMX6lweV2-CACQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0They should make a lycan and vampire class for non members like the vampire could be in all black and red and the werewolf could look like constantin
Post #: 68
11/6/2010 23:16:41   
Shirefolk

In regards to the elemental varients of Wizard, I would bet that the Fire varient will be able to inflict burn, and the ice varient will be able to attempt to freeze ;)

AQ  Post #: 69
11/7/2010 13:57:46   
Nessa Ellensse

I would think you'd sweep knight first. Until Knight if fixed a fighter would probably pwn a knight. I admit with wizard just about everything but Divine Magic and Mana Morph are pretty much useless, however flame wave on pyromancer allows charters below level 80 or 90 to make do with out a fire spell and use a healing spell. starting around levels 80-90 you will need more defenses than wizard can provide this will happen more frequently the higher level you get

< Message edited by Nessa Ellensse -- 11/7/2010 14:17:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
11/7/2010 14:05:45   
Pesha

I am always a mage or wizard in RPG's if it is possible, but AQ did something I'd never imagine, they made a dragonslayer class.
So when I started I was at an difficult choice, to be specced for magic or melee as a dragonslayer, thus I am now a hybrid...

But seriously, the dragonslayer class is too awesome! If not a good class when it comes to the game mechanics I always fantasize with the lore around it.
Rule number 1 in games, never compare the game mechanics to the lore!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 71
11/7/2010 14:09:11   
Chii
Legendary KoO Snugglebunny

Knight will definitely get updated. It's going to take a bit of work too, since it's not very knightly in any particular way.
AQ  Post #: 72
11/7/2010 14:11:35   
Mordred

@Chii: Will it look more knightly as well, with the traditional plume and all?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 73
11/7/2010 14:12:38   
Zephyros
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Maybe, maybe not. Besides, plumes were for ceremony, not battle.
Post #: 74
11/7/2010 14:14:10   
Mordred

True... But, the class differs in looks from all the monster knights, and looks worse IMO. I just hope that it looks more... knightly.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= Ultimate Class Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 12«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition