Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mritha's Collection of Written...Stuff

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mritha's Collection of Written...Stuff
Page 12 of 14«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/20/2012 12:33:43   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Mort, I said I might do the same for MQ, but that is far off if it happens at all. As for adding more people's characters, right now no. At first adding someone else's character in the story was a lot of fun, but I allowed too much freedom with what they wanted in the story and it became a nightmare to write and keep track of. When I'm ready, I will contact all the people currently featured in TLoaH and let them redo their character with the limitations I place on them. If it isn't currently in the game, such as custom/made up races, or it wouldn't fit with the DF storyline, such as their characters being Kathool or DmK, then it won't be allowed. If they don't like the changes I am making and choose to withdraw their character from the story, fine. If they don't respond to the pm I send, fine. Thats less characters I have to worry with and if I ever need/want more it won't be hard to replace them.

@VanHell, Thank you! Thats my first and only poem, I'm really not a fan of poetry. I'm a full story type person lol

< Message edited by Mritha -- 4/20/2012 12:40:17 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 276
4/20/2012 15:23:30   
Mortarion

ohh, so that means that I have to change the character? And I wasn't exactly asking if you'd add more, more like, if you'd keep using those that you already have/promised to incorporate?

Also, what was the problem with the other characters?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 277
4/20/2012 15:48:39   
Mritha

Yes I will still use them, as long as they are within the limitations I set. The main problem was that few of them fit Dragonfable or its storyline. For example, a Kathool has no place floating around Falconreach during the egg saga. There were other reasons, but none as big as that.

< Message edited by Mritha -- 4/20/2012 15:49:03 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 278
4/20/2012 15:54:25   
Mortarion

ahh ok, anyways, I wanted to change my character from a KAthool Adept to a normal warrior anywas, thanks for answering :)

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 4/20/2012 15:56:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 279
4/21/2012 13:15:07   
VanHellsin24
Banned

You should make more poems. You have the great potential!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 280
6/9/2012 8:38:08   
Kingofthedeamons

I would like to do a bad ending to a DragonLords loss where surt wins and Kyle barly survives. I am asking for permission.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 281
6/9/2012 20:09:04   
Mortarion

I know you'll most likely change the names soon, but I found a small typo here
quote:

As Mithria
I think it should say Mritha, right? or is it that I am wrong?

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 6/9/2012 20:14:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 282
6/9/2012 22:02:12   
Mritha

@King, you may but I'm curious to your reason why. Would you mind explaining?

@Mort, Depends on what story that came from. Mithria and Mritha are two different characters from two different stories.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 283
6/9/2012 22:19:41   
Mortarion

@Mritha: It was from "The Legacy of a Hero" So I might be wrong
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 284
6/9/2012 22:24:39   
Mritha

Then that is right. Mithria was a friend of Branwen and a minor character. As of now she and Arya will not be mentioned in the rewrite.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 285
6/9/2012 22:25:57   
Mortarion

AH ok, sorry for bothering you then
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 286
6/10/2012 19:43:07   
Kingofthedeamons

@Mritha I am very interested in that story, and I like the idea of a what if Kyle didn't fall on that branch and Mritha's mind was fully controlled by surt. I have no other reason and I am not trying to steal your story.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 287
6/12/2012 18:53:41   
Mritha

I look forward to reading it then :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 288
6/14/2012 20:01:51   
Kingofthedeamons

quote:

Unknowingly, Mritha had found the one loophole, the one doorway into freedom. When faced with a choice to carry out a command, or death, she chose the former and in doing so she had broken the spell. Kyle woke up and carefully stood to his feet. He and Fodr stood on either side of Mritha, forming a united front against their foe.

she chose the latter, not the former. Just noting.

< Message edited by Kingofthedeamons -- 6/14/2012 20:05:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 289
10/16/2012 21:52:55   
Mortarion

Did you add something Mritha?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 290
10/16/2012 22:11:29   
Mritha

I did, the rewrite of ADL. Complete with illustrations from Necro-Knight :) I'm waiting for one more thing from him before I can post the rest.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 291
10/16/2012 22:16:30   
Mortarion

Ahh ok, you know, Necro shows potential a good artist, I am sure that if he visited the art forums, he'd be even more great
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 292
10/19/2012 3:56:54   
Glais

After that do you plan on getting to that rewrite of The Legacy of a Hero? I haven't read ADL, but Legacy was quite good in my opinion even with its flaws (bluhbluhTheCheeringAgainbluhhh).
DF MQ  Post #: 293
10/19/2012 19:22:13   
Mortarion

Is it my idea, or some chapters are missing? But I am sure you added new ones, could you explain Mritha?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 294
10/19/2012 19:24:37   
Mritha

@gal, I will once I figure out what to do with it. I like what I did so far in the rewrite, but a major problem that I can't get past is one of the key things in the story was that the main villain needed to be trying to kill the hero. Sepulchure could not and at first, didn't want to. Only after the hero ticked him off enough that he wanted to kill them, just couldn't because the master would not allow it. Secondly, darkness is pitifully overused, so I want to change the natural attunement of the hero's element to something other than darkness or light. Thirdly, I'm highly considering swapping the gender of the hero to male. I had reasons for it to be female, but after learning a few things from the game, that little side story can no longer exist. The most common character in DF is a male warrior, so that is what I'm considering changing it to.

As it stands, I'm toying with several ideas on a possible backstory for him but have not settled on one yet.

The rest of ADL has been posted and now complete. TLoaH, along with several other stories I have going and ideas yet to be started, are now next on the list.

@Mort, From start to finish everything has been redone.

< Message edited by Mritha -- 10/19/2012 19:25:26 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 295
10/19/2012 19:26:41   
Mortarion

Mritha: Hmmm, well, this is your storie, so I see no problem with your Hero being a woman, I mean, I know you want this to stay as close as it cans to the cannon, but you can still take some creative license, although, I am not sure if I used the right term. Ah, ok, thanks for explaining

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 10/19/2012 19:27:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 296
10/19/2012 19:57:04   
Mritha

Another reason is that most of my writing has a woman as the main character. I want to try something different. Writing a male being the main is more challenging for me simply because I am not one, I can't relate to him as well as I can with female characters. The fun is in the challenge :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 297
10/19/2012 19:58:02   
Mortarion

Ahh, ok then :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 298
10/19/2012 20:01:11   
Glais

quote:

@gal, I will once I figure out what to do with it. I like what I did so far in the rewrite, but a major problem that I can't get past is one of the key things in the story was that the main villain needed to be trying to kill the hero. Sepulchure could not and at first, didn't want to. Only after the hero ticked him off enough that he wanted to kill them, just couldn't because the master would not allow it. Secondly, darkness is pitifully overused, so I want to change the natural attunement of the hero's element to something other than darkness or light. Thirdly, I'm highly considering swapping the gender of the hero to male. I had reasons for it to be female, but after learning a few things from the game, that little side story can no longer exist. The most common character in DF is a male warrior, so that is what I'm considering changing it to.

Hm, so an original villain maybe? Would give the story a bit more spice (not that it really needs it) and help it stand out on its own. I think the hero being a girl is fine, it fit well with the cast (which was also done very well).
DF MQ  Post #: 299
10/21/2012 22:33:26   
Mritha

Creating an entire new villain for that part could work, thank you for the idea.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mritha's Collection of Written...Stuff
Page 12 of 14«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition