Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF)Book of Vereriaz, Written by Narathzul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF)Book of Vereriaz, Written by Narathzul
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/16/2010 22:33:27   
Razen

Here's the link to the Comments.

The Main Characters of Vereriaz in general:

Non-Zari or Demi-Zari:

Elkrei: A being of regret, who was forced to deal with Navith. Everyone does not know of this, and many more refuse to believe such a thing as true. He can not be public in his good deeds, but he does many hidden deeds of heroism that only I and the few who may have seen known of.

Illimister: A being known to all mages, especially the Ickakeins, for he is the most powerful Mages, except for Zazaiuln, and to the Ickakeins, Ickairiel.

Wrayth Zeyos: One of my Authors. He is is an Ickakein who follows under my wing of the Elder God Council. He is like the Ickakein Emissary of Myself.

Galith Miar: The Last Ancient Elven Prince, he is a Author, Prince, and Pinnacle of the Ancient Elves hope to keep Aristal alive.

High Mage King Ickair: The Ickakein High Priest of Ickairiel. He is a monarchical leader in the Ickakein Mage Council.

Gahyl: Elkrei's Right Hand, his lieutenant, he commands the Dark Elven Raids upon their brethren.

Razen: The Shadowmaster, he is an anti-governmental thief, who is known to be uncatchable. Hence, his title as the Shadowmaster.

Zazaith Zarinez: The Previous Archmage of Vereriaz, he dealed with Navith, became his avatar, so his position was taken by Illimister.

Miar Galiv: The Elven Lord of Licht Von Trilia, he had saved them from the wrath from the humans living there with a treaty that stated the Elves could not be hurt by the residing humans.

Admakir: A long forgotten Ickakein Scholar, he was an explorer, but he had found a Cult of Navith, and never was the same man.

Vilus: A subject to me and the god of soul control and magic. He is a being made of thousands of souls, known as the first Soul-Construct.

Ghost Knights:

Nihilus: The Ghost Knight of Pain, Suffering. He leads the Ghost Knights. He was an Ancient Elf.

Apocal: The Ghost Knight of the Apocalypse. He was a Dark Elf.

Hyathi: The Ghost Knight of Hatred. He was an Orc.

Malic: The Ghost Knight of Malice. He was an Underspirean.

Wrath: The Ghost Knight of Wrath. He was a Human.

Vereriazian Gods(or Zari):

Elder Zari:

Ickairiel: The Elder Zari of the Arcane.

Venoach: The Elder Zari of Death.

Narathzul: The Elder Zari of Fate, myself.

Giledith: The Elder Zari of Gravity, and the Stars and Moons.

Major Zari:

Aristal: The Zari of Creation. He is a dying god. He does not have much longer.

Kahumot: The Zari of Destruction. He is the Yang to Aristal.

Therril: The Zari of Healing.

Navith: The Zari of Corruption.

Zazaiuln: The Zari of Lesser Magic.

Thalack: The Zari of War.

Ireile: The Zari of Order.

Che Tok: The Zari of Orcs.

Salin: The Zari of the Salin.

Valiskar: The Zari of Dragons.

< Message edited by Razen -- 7/21/2014 14:43:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/4/2011 19:26:32   
Razen

Here is the Book of Razen's Place. I will continue it in time.

The Story of Razen, the Shadowmaster:

Prologue:

Here in the life of the Dark, Decrepit city of long since forgotten by the light of Therril. Here was the City of Navith, Corruption, Evil, this was the ancient, abandoned village of Licht Von Trilia. Here lived the darkness beneath the proclaimed pinnacle of light named Elitus Von Struthart.

This is the story of a person who had lived within the dankest, coldest, poorest section of the plagued Civilization. It was called the Refuge, as many who lived here were refugees of the Fall or some other tragedy within the past. The man’s name was Razen. He is a master thief, who had saved many of life of those whom lived in the Refuge. No, he was just as poor as them, he only ate enough to barely stave off hunger.

He was a kind, generous, serious man. One who had stole only from those who wouldn’t need it, and he had a friend named Zazaith, who was a noble mage that cared for the poor and the begging, the starving unlike the majority. Zazaith commonly assisted Razen being a strategic genius, and an expert in the art of altering and healing of living and inanimate matter.

Zazaith was the High Mage of Licht Von Trilia, for he had the most potent skill within the magical arts of destruction, creation, alteration, illusion, and necromancy. Yet, he specialized within the non-harming fields of those magic more than those that specifically were used to hurt and kill their foes, such as Destruction.

Yet, more lie within the depths of this hellish underworld. But, Elitus kept his leash tight only upon the thieves, there was no greater a hate than that of his for thieves. There were many a dark in this tormenting hole. There lie far greater evils than one would think could hide amongst the people of the world, no they were the evil. The Nobles were the hellish pit of this bastion of dread.

This is where Razen’s beginning will sprout and he shall forge a new ideal for you to envision. This isn’t a fairy tale, and that is definite, so if a fairy tale, where everything is nothing but happiness. This is a tale of dark, disturbing, frightening things you wouldn’t believe exist in front of you and all around.

Shall I continue upon those who live nearby the pit of Licht Von Trilia? There are the some of the few Ancient Elves of Aristal there. They were forced out of the city upon the time of the Fall, since the humans saw it as the Elves fault. Normally, the Elves would’ve been entirely killed out, but Miar Galiv had spoke as their diplomat so sharply, so keen, that the humans argued to where they were at a tie, so the Elves were forced out of Licht Von Trilia, but they were not to be killed by any person in all of Licht Von Trilia.

There are many a tale of Razen’s Deeds. He started a civil war, won, and created a new civilization from what remained.

< Message edited by Razen -- 3/14/2015 16:47:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/5/2011 17:15:15   
Razen

Part I: Zazaith's Plea

Xaris had received Zazaith’s Plea for assistance, yet he had far too much on his hands in his current home of Aziel, which was a small farming village far from Licht Von Trilia. It was closer to the capital of the Human Empires of the Northern West. So, since he was too busy, and his son wished to learn of the outside world. He sent his son, Seradan to Licht Von Trilia to assist his old friend Zazaith. He felt it was the only thing he could truly do to help his friend in his dire need, as he knew Zazaith was not one to abuse others’ help or assistance.

Seradan, who had a deep sense of wander lust, had taken the offer, as he wished to leave the life of farm hood long ago. Now, he had the chance to do so. Yet, he knew not where Licht Von Trilia was. So, I had asked my father if I would get a map, seeing as I only knew how to get to Ralteri the capital of the North Western Human Empires, and a nearby village where I use to sell our crops named Dier.

I had been given a chariot of what looked like royalty. I had not known that my father had such connections to the outside world. I was told to get going and in the last seconds I was given an elegant map which had many locations embedded into it. There was Aziel, Licht Von Trilia, Dier, Ralteri, and the location of Evo’Rah.

The map looked ancient the sides were crinkled, and the ripped. I looked closely for where the path was between here and Licht Von Trilia, and I found it, it was the path towards Dier but you keep going to Licht Von Trilia. Which would appear as a large castle on the outside, but once I got inside to the Refuge, it would be rugged beyond what it thought possible. At least, that is what my father told me.

As the horse gallantly began, I looked hard, and saw the outlines of a tall castle-like city spire in the distance. I supposed this was Licht Von Trilia. Once, I got to Dier, I took a rest at the inn, the Gloating Drake. It was a fine establishment, but not the finest place. It would at least keep you from trouble.

As my day went into night, and my night was paid for. I rested easy in the comfy beds of the Gloating Drake. My night was filled with dreams of great adventure, and I felt in the morning. I knew I needed to get going, so I packed my things, and prepped my horse and chariot. Then, with one single word, my horse began a great pace. I knew that I would reach Licht Von Trilia within a matter of hours.

The Pristine, Polished Stone of Licht Von Trilia seem quite welcoming. So, I began to enter the city. The Pristinely Walls evaporating into burnt and battered small houses of straw, leather, wood, and a few pieces of metal. The resources were interlocking with each other to form a crude house for some poor person.

The city began to decrease in value as I continued down the path of poor, ancient, abandoned houses of which began decaying many years ago. The Buildings looked beyond worn. They were dying, some were burnt, some were crushed, and some were completely incapable for supporting life.

The long path continued, and constantly got worse, and I began to see people replacing the crude houses. This consistently ran upon the passage, as I began to finally see only people living within cramp quarters, with no roof, no walls, and no floor. It was unbearable, this agony, they must deal with. I couldn’t have stood it, I would’ve cracked.

I finally began to see a guard around here, but what was he doing!? He was accusing this one elf of being a thief! There was one robed man there who said, “Elitus, you are supposed to help the people, yet you would let them starve?” Then, Elitus barked at him clearly, “I would stop there, Mage. Unless, you want slapped into Irons, too.”

I looked closer upon the guard, I saw he was a higher class than the others, and I saw not the elf that was there before. Yet, of his lesser who told him, “Captain, the thief sort of escaped.” Elitus bellowed his rage into a single shout heard all across the refuge, “What!? I should get you slapped in Irons for failing to serve your job!”

Everyone heard his blazing voice burn into their ears. I saw that he angrily left the horrid Refuge. I heard the words of the mage now spark, “Who are you, why are you in such abandon?” I began to ponder the question, as I remembered a few days before, I answered, and “I was sent by my father Xaris, to assist Zazaith.”

The mage spoke again, “Can you not recognize me then?” I looked closely at the man, he was of high class, I could see by the looks of his robes.

I stumbled upon saying, “So, you’re Zazaith?”

Zazaith answered me, “Yes, so you are to assist me?” I look at him with keen eyes; I saw a deep intellect within him, and one I knew as unrivalled.

Zazaith had asked for me to follow him, as we went through some of the darkest corners of this city. There was one small house, many people lived in it clearly, and outside of the house they saw him, the Shadowmaster. He greeted Zazaith his friend, but asked who had this new person been, as he didn’t seem to be one from around the city.

He asked me, as he rose an eye, “Who are you?”

I answered with only, “I was sent by Xaris to assist Zazaith, so may I ask who you are?”

He stood, and spoke the words, “I am Razen, the Shadowmaster, and do you see these people around you whom starve?” I looked around me, and saw people who looked, as though they hadn’t eaten in a week or a few days. He spoke before I had the chance to peep a word, “You Self-Proclaimed-Hero, are you going to turn us into the Guards? Will you get yourself out of the Rabbit Hole at the cost of others being put in for good? Will you throw us in Jail whilst you gain a new Girlfriend at the Expense of the people whom steal to survive this harsh world? Are you like the other So-Called-Heroes whom would have us put to the Torture Chambers, and get a Wife because of it? Will you advance yourself by having others killed?”

I was speechless for moments at what Razen spoke of. It was something of nightmares, such evil was needed to do something like that and rest easy. It took a monster to do something like that. So, I said deeply, and warmly, “No, I would not dare to do such terrors and evils. I live in honor, I’m not a backstabber. Nor, do I ever wish to be a traitor.”

I could see Razen had been very relieved by my answer, he spoke softer, less bitter than before, “Well, welcome to the Refuge, my friend.” Then, the villagers looked upon me with many a curious eye. They were very suspicious of me, but I suppose that would be the norm seeing with what they deal with.

I knew that words were meaningless though. I needed action to prove my statement, so I asked what I could do around seeing as this place looked like it would always need a helping hand, “What could I do for the Refuge?” Razen clearly pondered as the words spun from my lips.

When it appeared he had his thoughts complete, he spoke monotonous voice, “Well, there is many resources we need to live, such as the necessities. But, you are not a thief, as I can easily tell, so I will let you take a more-fitting experience for you. You will get some supplies from a In-city Goblin Thief.”

< Message edited by Razen -- 7/21/2014 14:44:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/6/2011 22:02:48   
Razen

Part II: The Goblin Thief

As the sun set, I had moved out, and I had noticed that my quest was quite a strange one. I wasn’t to rid the land of a great beast, but play as a resource recover. I didn’t approve of the idea of course, but did I have much a choice? I needed Razen’s trust far more than anything before, as it held my key to a free life, and it alone did so. I lusted for my life to be in the thick of the world, not a small farming village.

I ran through the allies of debris, decaying matter all across the rotten stone pathway. The Darkness had woven itself upon the clear sky giving an illusion of dread with it. The stars speckled the blue with many a light, like freckles on a face. A feeling of dread flew from the sky as the night moved though, something different. It was the stars; they had made a specific constellation, which my father once spoke of. It was the Elf, a man with a thin blade, and elegant chain mail was formed in the sky.

The Sky gave me fear and hope; it was a great sense of awe. It inspired and discouraged me; it was truly a great mystery. I looked upon the sky no longer; my heart grew a sense of strength from its previous weakness. I took no heed; I began a great pace through the suburbs of the ancient keep-like city.

The roads did not get any better during the night; they were still filled with the death and plague that they were before. Nothing changed upon this place throughout the night; it all remained the same, horrific, malicious, and diseased. The demise of the one responsible would have been an action of the celestials, and his creation was likely the doing of the demonic.

The pathways consistently darkened, my heart felt the pain of others within it, as I gasped for breath at the terrors of the prison. I saw the bodies of the prisoners mutilated, and in all kinds of misery. It was a pinnacle of this evil. It stood like the pillar under a hell, and above a pit of blood. It towered the Temple itself, it homed Elitus, if I learnt anything of this city.

The Spire of which Elitus Von Struthart lived was one that would easily cause your casual person to explode their guts upon the floor, but he dealt with it constantly, like there was a hidden darkness in him, but I knew I was getting off-track from what I was asked to do for Razen and the Refuge. I was like that, a Daydreamer.

The Night dragged upon me like that of a crawling baby. The Midnight Blue stretched amongst the entire sky. I loved to look upon the sky, as it held me. It was my cradle, it was everything to me. It inspired and frightened me. It was a spiraling puzzle and maze that spawned all across the lands. Always was it there, no did it disappear. It was forever.

I focused upon the city again, when I looked upon the streets still scattered were the rats, and garbage of the Nobles. They apparently threw it over to the Refuge for fun, oh the ridicule the Refugees receive. It alone is a torture. The Insults they went through were likely a rain of fire, like any day for them.

My thoughts regained, and I peered closer into where I was told the Goblin would usually stay around at this time, it was a tavern named, the Sunken Ale and Wine, it was supposed to be the finest Tavern in the Western District of the City, or the Refuge. The crude and unwelcoming houses of the Refuge were replaced by the fancy, stone houses of the Nobles. I was nearing the Middle and Eastern District.

I was right where I needed to be at. The Sunken Ale and Wine, was upon my right supposedly. I turned and the look of the Refuge returned. The streets were once again unclean, and decaying. It was no surprise that so many died of plague here, with these living conditions no one could live healthy.

I walked towards the better looking tavern, compared to its surrounding. When I had spotted a little figure in the corner of my eye’s line of sight, it was the Goblin! I picked myself up high, and ran towards the shadowed creature. He hadn’t heard me, and wait he’s running towards with a look of fear upon his face. I looked beyond him for something that could’ve done such.

I only saw that same Elf. He was a thin person; he had worn thin leather shirt and pants, which looked too big or small for him. He was even acquitted with a hood to hide his Elven heritage clearly. He was chasing the Goblin down; I returned my peering vision upon the Goblin. He had a sack, which must’ve been what the Elf was after. I grabbed that Goblin as he ran right past me, and took the sack of supplies he had.

He whimpered, quivered, he was frightened or an amazing actor, with no rival. There was no fault in the expression, it was a natural one. It flown perfect, but I forgot of the Elf whom hadn’t seen me claim the supplies yet. I saw him closing in the distance between me and him, he knew of my claiming the resources of the Goblin, but he hadn’t cared. I was tackled by him, and I heard him say as he left, “I’m Galith, we will meet again, oh and thanks for the food and water. I really needed it.”

I was speechless at the action and words. He had taken what I had claimed as my own. This thievery, I can see how Elitus had gotten so angry over thieves, but this was different. He took what others truly needed. This was something of evil, treachery, and disgusted me. How we people could be such an evil, yet claim ourselves the owners of near everything, and stand self-righteous, like an unlit candle amongst a forest of sparks, this was us, the un-lit candle.

I began to return to where Razen stood, in front of the overly cramped house of the Refuge, the single house of the refuge. It would be a long restless night, as I felt my anger flow like a river into sadness and tears. I felt a great disapproval revoked with gloom, pity, fury, and an unrivalled disgust. I hated the corruption that loomed within us all. I was anxious to find out if humanity would change. Despite being certain it wouldn’t.

The Night began to fall, I fell to the dirty ground from exhaustion. I had run a majority of the night, and I grew extremely tired. I pushed it aside in hopes of getting there quicker, but my body eventually gave out upon me and slipped to the floor, which it refused to rise from. It had planted me to the sickly stone, and with no energy I gave in and agreed with my body, as I couldn‘t argue with it at this point.

Once, I grew my energy again, I tried to remove myself from the ailing sidewalk. I pushed up from the depressing ground. My arms bended and gave their all to lift up my body, yet they struggled still weak and weary. I tried once more, and someone had helped me get upon my two feet. It was Galith, strangely, and I questioned why he would help me.

He spoke without a chance for me to decide the reason, “Hello, I told you we would meet again, and this is on lighter terms.” He spoke light-heartily as though it wasn’t something that he had question upon the scale of morality. I looked with a face that was beyond questioning, I was pondering who he was.

He said again, “I know that what I’d done you question, but I have my reasons, and I would prefer you to not know my predicament.” I wondered what could he possibly be going through that would rightfully explain his action. What could!? I thought nothing that would be a higher priority than to assist these helpless beggars of the Refuge. I wasn’t a greedy person.

Galith had left this time in silence, like a shadow that faded from sight. I took no heed and began once again to where Razen was at. Where he had been. I knew he was most likely there waiting for the supplies, which I was to give him. Yet, Galith had taken them. I hadn’t no excuse other than that, as I was no liar. I still kept my pride above all other.

The streets had none of my interest this time around, as I grew sick and tired of their consistent state. So, I had no distraction from getting to Razen, which meant I would get there far quicker than normal. It was going to be a day that I may regret. Failing Razen and the people of the Refuge would not be something that my heart would let go easily.

My mind unclouded focused only upon getting to the location of Razen. I ran faster than I had before, a guard had even tried to catch up to me to tell me to slow down, else I would get fined, but I paid him no attention. No, my mind had only a single focal point on which it peered and thought of.

I finally had reached the place, and the Guard had given up many blocks ago. Razen stood there anxious to hear what I had with me. For he needed them, along with the others of the Refuge. Razen wasn’t so greedy as to hoard. So, when he was in focus, and I to him, he had asked, “Where are the necessities? I thought you were going to supply us with some of the food and water from the Goblin, who didn‘t need it.”

I had no way of lying to him, so I answered his question with all honesty, “Well, an elf by the name of Galith had stolen the sack from me, just as I had gotten it from the Goblin, and by the way what was his name?”

Razen was stunned at what I had said, he had a grim look upon his face, as he spoke the words, “Then, this Galith is responsible for the death of at least 10 Refugees. I shall tell them who they may blame for their starvation.” The Coldness in which he had spoken had worried me, and I began to feel guilt over it.

< Message edited by Razen -- 7/21/2014 14:44:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/13/2011 21:34:20   
Razen

Part III: Prison Break-In?

I had asked Razen if there was a way I could get new supplies for the Refuge. Razen looked upon me with a grim look as he spoke, “So, you need to get new supplies then, it’s unfortunate as the only other place with such a stock of supplies is heavily defended.”

I was as curious as to where I had to ask, “Where is it that I am going to though?” The silence had drug on for minutes, as I finally began to hear lively noise.

Razen looked seriously at me, “It’s the Prison, and I suppose you will need some kind of forged identification papers, as no one gets in the prison, but Elitus, the guards, the prisoners, and the Lords of Licht Von Trilia."

Then, Zazaith walked out upon the large corner of the city, saying, “Well, you’re breaking into the Prison, oh that sounds like fun, and I can truly help in doing so as well.”

I asked Razen, “But what of the Forged Identification Papers?”

Razen said, “Here you go, I hope you don’t disappoint the Refuge this time.”

Zazaith spoke again, “I am helping you, as on your own there is no way you would leave that place alive.” He spoke with no sarcasm, he was extremely serious. It was such a line that would frighten me, as they had no sarcasm, only seriousness.

As the trip began it nearly ended, as with no distraction, we were easily able to get to the prison with minutes, it was only in the central section of the city. The prison once again loomed over the once pristine sky, now blackened by the Prison’s eerie gloom. It stood beyond my eye’s sight. It was a large tower, and it had defeated the temple, in a contest of height.

With fear devouring, eating away at my spirit, Zazaith lead the way now. The Prison Guardsman, who was currently drifted away from his job, as some of those ladies had been eyeing him. But when Zazaith had spoken a single word, the guard had returned his vision to the robed dread of him. He spoke in fear, “Oh, High Mage, you and your friend want within the Prison. Well, I have no room to argue with one of the Lords of the City.”

With that, the Door flung open for us, I asked Zazaith, “So, you are the High Mage?”

Zazaith answered with clear words, “Yes, why would I be called the High Mage if I wasn’t?” The remark burned a deep question, and had been a great answer. I thought how could one speak words of such wisdom?

The Prison outside was nothing compared to the inside, the mutilated corpses of which decorated the building, now they were screaming, gasping, panting, panicking, and all other forms of mental tortures were wiped upon them, along with the casual physical torment. Their bodies bleed like they were just ripped apart, or they had their limbs dismembered, either one was very likely too.

With our entrance, we noticed a new spirit in the prisoners, they wanted out for a new reason now, they wanted to kill us. They had a bloodthirsty look within their eyes; a malicious smile swept the inmates. This was something that I didn’t like, and surely was a dark omen of all sorts, or it may be worse than an omen. It might be a destined death for Zazaith and me.

The Sky outside seemed to dawn as blood red now, the prisoners chanted, “Another hit the guillotine tonight it seems!” I was shocked, stunned at their excitement for someone hitting the decapitator, why was it that this city had been so corrupt, evil, so different from what I expected the world to be, why!?

I had commonly questioned the world’s morality now, as this city had been so different from the fairy tales and stories of the outside world, yet the result I what I saw was disappointing. The world was truly a place of sorrow, corruption, murder, and plague to host its way into our lives, wasn’t it?

Zazaith told me, “Please calm down Seradan, the prisoners are feeding on your dismay.” I paused at this; I was the one in dismay!? How could he be so calm in this!?

I asked him, “Why are you so calm at their ecstatic behavior of someone getting down a few blades on the throat!?” He hadn’t answer, yet he continued. I thought something’s bothering him alright.

We continued regardless though, the supplies were the task on hand, and we didn’t need another failure to disappoint Razen or the other starving Refugees. We were nearing the stock room, the supplies we needed are so close. We just needed to get them, and escape from this tower of hellish beings.

The pathway continued and the numbers of cells had dumped into the negatives. It seemed that we were in the prison guard barracks now, only a few more yards until we reached that stock room. Then, a sound blazed in my eye, it was that of a cell being unlocked, I turned around to see, then said, “The Prisoners are freed! Zazaith call the guards to lock them up!”

Zazaith had told me, “Get next to me unless you wish to be a new meal for these cannibals!” I took no hesitation in doing so, and Zazaith rose a magical shield to defend against the berserk inmates. They pummeled back as soon as they would strike the blazing shield of energy. I hadn’t the time for looking at Zazaith’s Magical Skills, so I ran for the Supplies, and told what guards were in the barracks that there was a revolution happening right outside of their section of the prison.

The guards took only seconds to respond at first lazily, then they got it into their heads that it was a huge break-out. One guard said, “Recruit, go sound the alarms and call for all the guard’s help to keep this prison under control!” I took no break though, I continued through to the stock room, then the sergeant of the prison guard had took notice of me and shouted, “Guards, get this thief!”

The Alarm had beat through my heart, the soldiers were already ganging up upon me, then I plead to Zazaith, “You could possibly help me!?” Zazaith got far behind the guards from the prisoners’ viewpoint, then take down the shield he made. The Inmates charging at their captors, as I grabbed the supplies from the now extremely close Stock Room.

I said, “Now, to just get out of this palace of torment.”

We had took the advantage and ran out of the stone-built pit of revolution. I thought, so this was what fate had done, it told when men were to be slaughtered for their previous actions. Zazaith spoke, “Well, at least we have left the blood-dried, stone-clad deathtrap.” This had soothed my waxing rage at the cruelty of their treatment, which had reminded me, about the fact of the supplies and the task on hand, due to the cruelty the people of the Refuge were.

The return was bland compared to the climax of this task, but my mind spark up a question, “Who released the prisoners?” It was a good query, yet there was no answer to such this, it was like the mystery books that I read so often back home. Yet now, the books were shown as mere stories, and I had finally been unleashed to the horrors and tragedy of reality.

The day returned after a night of working our way through the prison and out to the refuge, it had definitely been a long day. He and Zazaith continued then to kill this dragging silence he asked, “Does Razen have a family or loved ones?” Zazaith looked at me with his cold calmness and answered me, “Razen has a wife, yet no even I know who she is, and I am excluding Razen and you now, the only person who knows of her existence. Razen is very protective of her, seeing as Elitus had brutally tortured Razen’s Family when he was but only seven years of age.”

I thought, this was why Razen had always had the look of being moderately disturbed at all times, his family, it was harsh, yet it was life. So, I asked, “Why did they get tortured then? Elitus could‘ve had a reasonable incentive.” Zazaith answered with an ominous tone now, “No, he murdered them for being thieves, and that alone.” My mind sparked an even greater hatred for that demon of a man Elitus Von Struthart!

< Message edited by Razen -- 7/21/2014 14:44:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/19/2011 7:39:02   
Razen

Part IV: Elitus’s Key

Upon our arrival at the Refuge, I noticed a face that wasn’t Razen, couldn’t have been Zazaith, so I deduced that it was Galith. Galith spoke in a mockery of surprise, “Well, well, well, if it isn’t Mr. Mystery Hero and the High Mage.”

I spoke with deep furiosity and honesty, “Galith, I should kill you right where you stand.”

Galith did not cease his sarcasm when he asked, “Now, why would you want to do that?”

I spoke with such anger that even Thalack would have felt intimidated, “Because, you stole all the supplies that I had gotten for the people of this Refuge.” Galith had responded with only, “I needed them, plus you wouldn’t want me dead, though. I can tell you that.”

With that Galith fled into the shadows thick, I could’ve believed a Zari was protecting him, but which one would? I thought on this long after Galith had been out of sight. I got a conclusion, it had to be Navith, yet he bore no mark as a Dark Elf, strange. I suspect that he will play a greater role in the time to come thought, despite his cruelty. With this final thought of Galith, I and Zazaith had finally gotten to the “Lone House of the Refuge”.

Razen greeted us as casual; he asked if we had gotten what had been the prime of the assignment, “Do you have the food and water for us?” The starving refugees looked upon me knowing that they could easily break me with their stare. They were correct; I spoke before Zazaith could sprout his consistent quotes of great wisdom.

I said only, “Why Razen of course, I say that it is quite a hefty sum of fruit and drink.” I let go of the sack on accident, and a small child fell to the ground to catch it, he skid his knee and cut a good bit of his leg up, on this paved and diseased road. I said, “Thank you for getting these for me, but I think you hurt yourself pretty bad, you should let Zazaith look at that.”

The Child had sat with his knee high up; it looked like I could even see the bone, how horrid. Zazaith had not paid attention to the disgust of the wound, and mended it with his great healing magic of the creation magic. Razen was growing impatient of this distraction though, and kindly asked Zazaith, “Would you heal the boy inside, as I still need to ask more of Seradan‘s success?”

I watched Zazaith pick up the wounded child easily, and Razen focused once again on me. I said, “Well, here you go, sorry for the delay, and about the child’s injuries, so is there anything I can do to actually help!?”

Razen had made his query near instantaneously, “Well, would you be willing to get Elitus Von Sturthart’s Office Key?”

I answered with a fear deep within my veins, “Well, I would, as I really need your trust, due to my father’s assigning me in his place. We are honorable, unlike many.”

I brought this question to Razen’s mind though, “But, where would I find it, as I know quite little of this blazing, cursed city!?”

Razen had spoke alone in saying it, “Elitus lives in the highest quarter of his spire, or to the right of the bastion of depravity.”

The place that Razen spoke of was the prison obviously, but I had another query on my inquisitive mind, “How’s the kid, is he fine now? I really need to know, or I will feel extremely guilty for causing his injury.”

Zazaith had come out from the crowded house, instead of Razen speaking a word. Zazaith had held the before injured child carefully, then cautiously put him upon his feet. Zazaith said, “He will be fine, Seradan. No need to worry your head off its lid.”

I responded with, “I’m glad is fine, but who is the child anyways? I‘m just asking.”

Zazaith had somehow butted within my mind and spoke, “He is Razen’s son, now retract your question, unless you really want Razen to despise you.”

Razen broke the silence, “Seradan, now that you know the child is ok, and would you mind doing what you asked to do?”

I look dumbfounded at Razen and could only sputter the words, “Of course, Razen. I will go right now!” With that I gave the signal of my leave. With the new thought in mind, I spotted a small crevice, which I never noticed before. I asked myself, should I check to see what this is.

So, I reached out towards the small, almost hidden hole in the rock, like I were hypnotized to do so. I felt a small pull on my arm, I tried to snatch my precious limb back, but the thing which had it’s grip had tightened to a point where my arm felt as though the bone were ripping out, from the two forces upon it.

I looked at what was pulling on my arm, it was that Goblin Thief. I got my other arm to where he couldn’t see it, but I could punch him. I pushed all of my force into this and punched at the Cretan’s Torso. When my fist reached the bugger, he got what he deserved for nearly taking my arm for revenge of taking the food and water from him.

I sighed, and said, “Now, to get that key.” I walk without a healer, with my arm in its previous shape from the Goblin’s grip. I now had my mind fully together with no distractions to slow me from completing my task.

I pasted the despicable pathway to the pristine, golden trimmed part of the city, which had practically felt like an entirely separate world from the absolute size of it. There was nothing more of interest upon my way towards the spire of which I deemed the Home of Kahumot, Thalack, and Navith, despite the fact that it was Elitus Von Struthart who lived in the tower built below a hell and above the pit of blood.

I always wondered why Elitus and the entire Guard had lived in the higher quarters of the Prison, but truly I don’t want to find out why. The tower’s bottom was still pieced together with the inmate’s bodies, but once I had laid my eyes upon the third story and higher, I saw such a serene beauty, it was something of legends and imagination together. The pristine stone was blindingly bright from the shining rays of the stars.

I had luckily got a rope for the carriage, but this was a good use to, so I found a small twin pronged metal item, I thought this should be able to hold, and it was pristine steel, perfect. I tied the rope and hook together, then I slung the rope to a small window upon the second floor, as I can only scale so much, without getting caught.

I had to be really careful as the first floor was serrated with protruding spikes. I slowly keep an eye for them and held onto the rope with my right arm mostly, as my left arm was still pretty stretched from being pulled by that Goblin.

The guards fortunately for me were switching, and Elitus was pretty far from his office, but I still had to get into his office, and out before he even got near. I estimated I had around twenty minutes to get to the office, and get out.

I took my opportune time to go, and did, fast as I could safely, while remaining unnoticed, which was kind of slow actually. I poked my head through the second floor window finally, and I saw that the hallway was clear of guards, I took the small interval chance of escape of this terrifying world.

I kept silent through the deathly halls of painted steel and wood. It would’ve definitely been a thieves’ dream, all of the precious material, without a single guard or watchman. But, I hadn’t the time to waste pondering of my surroundings, I knew that Elitus was coming, and would see me dead in his office, with no chance of leaving.

My time was getting shorten constantly, but I had finally found the golden plate of which bore Elitus’s name in an elegant, fancy script. His office had quite a many fancy objects, far more than what is expected of a Guard Captain. I even saw a little poem on his desk, and it was right next to his key. I thought, how wonderful, absolutely convenient. I grabbed the steel key and put it into my pocket, and finally focused on the small poetry.

quote:

The Song of Mortimer & Mordred's Final Fight:

Blades clang, the heavens fell unsung,
A father and son, in only one on one,
The son hath no remorse, slashing through leaving no open path,
Armies surround, where they are abound,
A final series of strikes, the father falls the son hath greater might.

By: Wrayth Zeyos, Ickakein Author and Poet.

It was a masterpiece of poetry, as it flown with such ferocity. It also seemed to be written by one of Vereriaz’s greatest writers, Wrayth Zeyos, who has a book written for nearly every peak of interest in this universe, and sometimes beyond.

I began to hear the footsteps of heavy boots, I began to panic. I had to get out without receiving any notice from the guards now. I snuck into a small door, almost like a dumbwaiter. I had began to hear a conversation spark in minutes of waiting in the small crevice-like room, “Elitus, are you worried about the rumors of a thief trying to bring you down? I think you better watch out.”

Before I could hear the demon Elitus’s view on the subject, I felt a jolt, and took motion, and realized that this was a dumbwaiter. I fell at a great pace, and eventually got to the bottom floor from the fifth. I began to open the latch, which I took no heed of before. I opened the door, and peered for guards, and found there were none again.

I thought, so they’re still switching posts it seems. I will take the chance I got, rather than wait for the guards to come here. I staggered through the small hole of a door, and began to get up, then I hear the clatter of boots again. I instantly began to run with panic having control of me.

My mind lay scattered from the pure anxiety, and I continually keep my pace through the city once, I got past the large doors of the prison. I held my left arm the entire time, as it didn’t need to be moving around to much, and if I didn’t, then I probably wouldn’t have my arm again.

The way back was of course was far easier than while inside the prison and barracks, as there were no guards anywhere near the Refuge. I returned again to where Razen casually was. Zazaith was there as well, which was fortunate for me. I walked towards them, Zazaith said, “What in the name of Aristal and Zazaiuln happen to you?”

I said, “Well, remember that Goblin that I needed to take water and food from? Well, he wanted to eat my now apparently delicious arm.” Then, I looked over towards Razen and said, “Also, here’s the key.”

Zazaith didn’t speak but began to heal my arm, what was before bruises, and broken bones, now became healthy, smooth, and solid. I said, “Thank you, Zazaith.”

< Message edited by Razen -- 7/21/2014 14:44:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/22/2011 18:38:48   
Razen

Part V: The Two Elven Heroes

Once, I had my arm restored from it’s previous injury, Razen said, “I have gotten a plan set up, but if we do not get supportive, loyal allies we will definitely lose this war with Elitus. So, we are going to find the Elven Heroes of Trilia. You should know one of them, Miar Galiv, who had kept elves alive in this region entirely.”

I said, “Well, yes, I have heard of how Miar can get his point in his words alone.”

Razen took the advantage to speak again, “Yet, while the guards and armed troops of Trilia can not technically hurt the Elves, doesn’t stop them. The Elves have been pleading for help for long enough, and we need the assistance of the Elven military. So, we‘re going to create an alliance. This is the best course of action, according to what me and Zazaith agreed upon.”

“So, why are you pulling me into making alliances? Wouldn‘t you and Zazaith alone work this out between you two and the elves?” I asked Razen plainly.

Razen clearly knew and memorized the conversation when saying, “Well, I have gotten restless, and I wanted to make sure that my trust in you was well-placed, so I will be working with you.” After he finished his almost-speech, he had a great smirk upon his face.

I answered with only, “Well, that is understandable.”

Zazaith had struck his sharp, keen words again, “Do you really understand? Do you know that Elitus had gotten every guard he can on the task of finding you and Razen?”

Razen took the chance to speak this time, and spoke, “What!? There is a Rat in my Refuge. I’m sorry, Seradan, but I can’t let there be a rat give out all of what my group does. Good Luck, I hope Elitus doesn’t get you.”

I could hear the bellows of Elitus, and could make out what his lieutenants said. Elitus yelled at a point it was even hurting Seradan’s ears at this distance, “I want you two, to get every single man we’ve got looking for those thieves!”

The inferiors looked awkwardly at their commander and superior, they had both thought of rebelling the pompous, self-righteous man, named Elitus Von Struthart. They thought of allying the guard together against the zeal of Elitus. To loosen the leash upon Thieves and look into more important crimes, like murder.

Elitus had bellowed his rage once more, “Why are you two daydreaming! Get on the trace of those thieves!”

So, they both looked fearfully at their captain, and ran away from what was a monster to them, and nearly everyone in the world. They knew that Elitus was far scarier than anyone else in Licht Von Trilia. Not even the bloodthirsty prisoners could compare to Elitus Von Struthart.

I had to hide in the crevices, the dark corners of Licht Von Trilia, away from the guard, away from them. I had to get out into the nearby woods to find the elves, or would they find me.

I paced my way through the puzzling maze that was the side streets, there were many laying, dying all abroad my vision. I shed a tear for their sorrow and suffering. All of this, was the fault of fellow people, how could they be so cruel? I couldn’t understand it, it was something I was never told of.

I was disappointed with how I saw the world, the cruelty, the morality, the torture, the, the death, the suffering, and the pain, of which I never knew. It was alien to me, but struck deeper than a blade into my heart.

I kept my speed until I had nearly tumbled over someone, it was Galith strangely. He said, “Ah, welcome again, who or what are you looking for this time?”

I staggered on saying, “I am looking for the Elven Hero of Licht Von Trilia. But, you wouldn’t know where he would be though.”

He spoke to where it was quite a way that seemed a sarcasm of honesty, “You wouldn’t believe this, but I am the Elven Hero of Licht Von Trilia.”

I had actually snapped at his answer, “Why would a great Elven hero have to steal food and water!?”

Galith had said, “Well, you got me, I was lying there, but I know where you would find him. The question is, will you listen?”

“No, Galith, I just don’t believe you at all. I have no incentive to trust you either,” I said without a deep tone of sincerity.

Galith had said, “But, I am Miar’s brother. I am Galith Galiv, so will you hear me out?”

“Well, if you are Miar’s Brother then why are you here?” I asked.

Galith sighed before speaking the words of sorrow and regret, “You see, I had ratted on the Elves small overlooked flaw in their treaty, otherwise the guards would’ve already killed me.”

“So, where is Miar then?” I asked more concerned with completing my assignment than hearing Galith’s Life Story.

Galith said, “Look deep into the Heart of Fear, then you will find Miar. Once, you have thwarted death, you will find Miar.”

I asked with furiosity, “Can you stop being Cryptic?”

Galith answered and asked with, “Miar lives in an encampment near the back gates, is that better?”

I replied, “Yes, shall I say you lead me there?”

Galith said plainly in response, “No, they would kill you upon hearing that.” And with that, rose his arm signaling he was done with this conversation, and left into the crevices of this corrupt city.

The Back Gates was a small gate in the back of the city that no one ever really went by, and it was still part of the Refuge. So, I knew my way to them, and I began to run there. Time was going at a great pace, despite there being little to no peak of interest in the entire run to the Back Gates.

This is where the elves were hiding, it seemed far less than their casual accommodations. They were lying out, like the refugees, Galith must’ve been right in the matter of few people coming by the Back Gates. Else, the guards would’ve already put them out in the bitter outside.

A small Elven Mage had come to me and spoke, “I see you have found me little crow hiding in the shadows, what do you want?” The Elven guards haven’t really cared of my intrude of the area, as they know I wasn’t a guard.

I said, “I’ve come on behalf of Razen, who wishes to secure an alliance with you.”

Miar discontinued his riddles and cryptic speeches, “Of course, you know of what ridicule, what suffering, what agony that we face due to the avoidance of my treaty? Yes, I will ally myself and my small amount of troops with Razen. It could end the tragedy that we consistently face. But, I need you to settle an act of vengeance first. You must bring Galith Galiv to me!”

I answered Miar with, “I guess I must go. I need to meet up with Razen. I will return Galith to you though!”

“Fine, Hidden Crow, you fly into your sky, and I will mine.” Miar said in place of goodbye.

< Message edited by Razen -- 7/21/2014 14:44:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/28/2011 14:01:33   
Razen

Part VI: The Death of Elitus

The sky was dark upon this grim day, the sun gave way to the gloomy clouds of rain. The sky was crying at the death of one of it’s greatest toys clearly. It was a day we could say, “Goodbye Blue Sky”. The rain never gave way, it kept constantly falling. It felt that the world truly was sad. Yet, I still didn’t know what exactly was making it sad.

The faded sky still kept it’s furiosity though, with lightning striking at those who intrude upon the sky’s sorrow. It lead on, through my entire return, but there was something strange along the way.

The consistent storm had bothered me, but the amassing group of people at Elitus’s Spire was far more surprising. It seemed that there was quite a large fight there, guard against guard. And, one person lay saying, “This is crazy, over what I can see is crazy. What I cannot perceive is crazy. Everything is Crazy. I just don‘t understand why the world is the way it is, why couldn‘t there a hole down in the wall!?”

Fate stood there, time was frozen. Elitus was there, upon the balcony edge of the fifth floor, so close to the spiked fence, and walls. He bellowed, “You wouldn’t dare rebel against me, I know. This is only an illusion, I am being tricked, deceived. I will stand for this, no more!”

The intricate balcony of carved stone was where Elitus exhaled his rage within his short sentences of denial for what had happened this day. The rain had peaked it’s pace, and the stone began to crack from the pouring liquid, that was so populous. Venoach had called for Elitus, yet he continued his futile struggle to resist his imminent death.

The lieutenants made Elitus have to get closer and closer to the edge of the balcony to keep a distance between them. The stone behind them even began it’s own little crevices from the consistent rain. The area became the focus of all the attention for a small interval of time.

Then, the insanity sprung again, the armored guards fought each other at their greatest, they struck each other down like a wildfire burnt trees. The dead piled upon to build walls where there were none. The before torn, placed carcass of the inmates were set up all across the two separate barracks.

All kinds of preparation for this war had been made. They all knew it would happen, they all had chosen their side far before this. Was it easier to extinguish the light within one’s self than to eliminate all of the darkness of the world? I would assume so. The eternal shadow that swept the world, known as the Fall of Paradise.

The stone of the balcony continued to crack, the lieutenants began to back away from it, and get inside the safety of the interior tower. The stone felt the cracks soon, and began its descent. Elitus held fast to the rails of the balcony, knowing the procedure for the case of falling on a railed platform.

The before intricate balcony fell at a great pace, increasing its velocity to which was definitely going to kill Elitus. Elitus’s grip had slipped for the mere second as the balcony began to flip over. His hands were sweaty could no longer grip the stone, he began to fall in a slight deviation of the stones’ descent.

He peered at where he was falling, he saw the spiked fencing around the tower met up with his torso if he was correct. He vainly tried to escape his current fate, but it was futile. His body hadn’t met the ground, and never would, until they lay him to rest.

He felt the metal jolt his skin, and how it pierced his vital organs. He hadn’t accepted his fate in his final hours, he constantly tried to remove himself from the pike that was a spire to the fencing along with the others circling the tower.

The blood gushed from his body, like something that was similar to if his entire body was made of wounds.

< Message edited by Razen -- 7/21/2014 14:44:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/4/2011 23:09:48   
Razen

Part VII: Galith’s Due

With my departing of Miar’s Small Encampment, I began onto my return to the Refuge and the small housing of it’s inhabitants. There wasn’t much action or anything of interest had happened, aside from Galith once again interrupted my stride through Licht Von Trilia.

“So, you’ve met my brother it seems,” firstly spoke Galith, “I presume that you will try and return me to the encampment, yes?”

“I had met your brother Miar, Galith, and he had asked of your return to the encampment,” I had answered him honestly.

“Well, you see, I can’t go back to the Encampment…” Galith began.

“Why can’t you? You’re the brother of their savior and leader,” I inquired.

“Well, it is a long story, do you truly wish to hear it out?” Galith held a deep fear while speaking the words with the accent of asking a question.

“I suppose so, I merely need to return to Razen, to tell of the news upon the alliance, so tell me along the way, perhaps?” I had asked with curiosity of the tale now.

So, Galith told the story upon the way. “You see, the entirety of the banishment the elves had in Licht Von Trilia, we had been going across the Back Gate, and the Refuge. In one of the ancient patrols of these sections, I was caught in the city…” He had taken a small breath, and then continued.

“Elitus had a lone deal for me, I was to tell him many secrets that Miar and the other elves were hiding, and I’d live. What I hadn’t know was that he was only speaking of that single encounter, the next time a guard spotted me, they were high-tailing to get me hung. So, I’m left here, with no protection, hunted down by two powerful sides of a nearing war.”

“That is a difficult place to be within, I sympathize for you, but the decision is not fully up to me, Galith.” I replied, in suit of his story.

“I hope that Razen and Miar will show me sympathy, so perhaps I may eventually leave this prison, this cage. The ones running the place seem to be pushing their little bars though, this little caged man has had enough,” Galith said, truly enjoying speaking the words he was thinking.

Upon finishing, he leaped and fled back into the crevices of the alleys. I pondered on the new problem, I didn’t wish to leave Galith to his brother’s mercy now, yet it was the deal of the alliance.

Yet, regardless of the new trouble, I continued my way to the hot spot of the Refuge, where Razen waited. There hadn’t been any other incursions on the trip neither.

Razen stood awaiting me as casual, he had the small face of pondering, ever since the “Rat” was brought to his attention. He had been fixated on the subject, and for good reason. A single “Rat” could ruin everything that was set up and planned, if left unchecked.

“Seradan, you’re back, so what is the news upon the alliance of the Refuge and the Elves of Licht Von Trilia?” Razen asked inquisitively.

“Well, Miar requested the capture of his brother Galith…” I began to explain.

“Yes, continue, you sound as though there is a problem,” Razen interrupted.

So, I continued, “Yes, as I was saying, Galith has been hunted by both Miar and Elitus, you see. He’s been trapped in this metaphorical cage, unable to leave it, yet he can’t remain in it openly. I’m afraid that Miar wishes to see him punished for telling of Elven plans to prolong his life, this is how he survived through unscathed his time with Elitus.” As I spoke the final words, I began to calm and breath to regain from the speech’s drain on my lungs.

“So, how do you plan to keep Galith from Miar’s grasp, and still gain an alliance with Miar?” Razen asked me honestly, yet it struck deeply.

“Well, I haven’t been able to suffice a good enough plot yet,” I answered.

“Well, we need the alliance, so it’s more important than the life of Galith!” Razen exclaimed as I was departing the Heart of the Refuge.

I began my search again for Galith now, I hadn’t a plan, but the alliance was necessary. I needed to find Galith, and perhaps convince Miar to spare him.

As my search spread across many of the alleys in which Galith lived, I eventually found him.

“So, you’ve found me, I suppose Venoach will be the one who sympathizes for me,” Galith had said.

“I feel there is no escape from Miar’s grasp, Galith. I’m sorry,” I said nearly crying upon the eyes.

Galith replied to me coldly, “So, you are going to leave me at my vengeful brother’s mercy? In other words, you’re leaving me for death.”

I answered him, deep sadness obvious in my tone, “I do not wish it so, myself, but Razen states the alliance is more important than your state of living.”

I had taken the small chance of which Galith had no defense separating himself defensively. He hadn’t expected for me to know when exactly to snatch a person within an inescapable hold.

“Well, well, it seems you learned how to hold a person from Razen? No farm boy would know this kind of stuff,” Galith said, hoisted to my shoulder mantle.

I had taken Galith, despite his struggle to Miar, who was quite pleased to already hear of Galith’s Capture. In fact, he was ecstatic at the news of it. He had his many soldiers prepare all sorts of intricate torture devices for his arrival.

I had arrived at the Encampments with Galith. His soldiers quickly took the hold of him from me. They were instructed as such, and they knew what happened when a person left with little options was placed before a persecutor.
Galith had plead before he was lead to the device of his demise, “No, Seradan, Miar, have sympathy! What choice did I have, brother! Have mercy upon poor, pity me!”

The pleas, he knew they were futile effort, but his instinct had made him do it, regardless of it pointlessness. And so, Galith was lead over to the “Flayer”, which would obviously, flay him. Which was correct, as I, Seradan, Son of Xaris, had seen it with my own eyes, as they skinned Galith.

As Galith screamed from the amassing pain he felt, Miar had said, “So, Seradan, of the alliance between me and the other Elves of Licht Von Trilia, & Razen, is assembled. Galith’s retrieval was the only thing that I will use to see to Razen’s Dedication for my plans and acts.”

I was slightly gladdened by the news of the alliance’s creation, but my heart still felt heavy with the murder of Galith. I had felt sympathy for him, yet I was unable to help him in any way possible. It had saddened me to nearly losing sanity.

As, Galith’s Torture was just the peak of cruelty and brutality. The Soldiers had placed the flayed body upon a wheel, limbs spread about it. This was used for intimidation clearly. It was only to prevent others from letting Miar’s Plans out to the Lords of Licht Von Trilia.

It surely must’ve worked. It was placed about perfectly, to show his dismay, misfortunate fate, and suffering. I doubt any would willingly push Miar’s limits, knowing that was his brother, who knows what would happen to someone who wasn’t a relative?

With deep remorse, I returned to speak of the grim and good news. The Grim being the suffering Galith had faced, the Good being the alliance was made and pact.

< Message edited by Razen -- 7/21/2014 14:45:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/7/2011 17:26:17   
Razen

Part VIII: The Big Rat

Razen was not shifted by the News of Miar’s Torture. He was used to such gruesome fates, how so was he used to the torture of others for giving away information, or by not giving it. The Lose/Lose Game, it’s called.

Razen had said, “Lord Galiv is known to not be so kind to those whom betray. He’s a Realist, feels all forms of Reality, knows Cruelty, and it’s necessity.”

Miar, always seemed one that faced reality’s truth. He lived in reality, he is too much of a realist. He has no dreams, except only goals that can happen. He had no idealistic thoughts, he learned it was pointless and a waste. They would get him nowhere, he was once such a dreamer, according to some of the Licht Von Trilian Elves.

I had told Razen, “I found the incident horrid, malevolent, despicable, and brutal.” I spoke with such a held expression. I tried to remain firm whilst I had told the sentence, but it had been for naught. I had lost control of my emotions within the statement, tears flung into the air.

Razen had spoken these words so calmly, but I had known he had deep emotion in them, “It’s like the Beauteous Rain, is it not? The Tears of the Fallen besiege us within the Near Future, the Death of Hundreds will come, but we will let the Plentiful Deluge sweep the sadness away with a stroke of the despair.”

It had such deep meaning, yet stayed so metaphorical in it’s truth. I once again, tried to regain my stature from my previous breakdown. I had somewhat succeeded in my attempt fortunately, as the starving began to ponder at me with looks of confusion.

Razen spoke had broken the silence of the moment now, “Now, I had seen worse than you, Seradan, my brother had been tortured by Elitus in a far more brutal way than Galith had.”

I exclaimed as I heard the words, “You have a brother!?”

Razen had corrected me, “I HAD a Brother. He was killed for working with Miar, to try and end this tyranny. But, do you see now, this will always end with torture, yet I‘m combating Fate. I‘m attempting to place a stop to the torture of others, the brutal murder, homicide, genocide, and such. I will not stand sitting, watching, I must take action.”

I spoke regained from my despair, “I must remain to your cause then, I will not stand sitting, watching, or waiting for all the pain to stop, I must take action to cure it.”

Zazaith came, another case of abrupt entrance, “I hate to end this emotional war between you both, but Elitus Von Struthart is dead. He had died quite recently, fell from his one of his tower’s highest balconies. One of his two lieutenants has taken his place as Captian of the Licht Von Trilian Guard.”

Razen had been struck by the statement. “What!? Elitus Von Struthart has died without my blade being the cause!? How dare he!” As Razen had calmed somewhat from there, he spoke, “I suppose we may all focus on “The Big Rat” then, if I cannot bleed Elitus dry.”

Zazaith took a new stance, he was going to say something soon, I could easily tell. And, so he began to carve the words into speech, “Yes, but we have not a clue, WHO the Big Rat is, so we cannot accuse, we need to find evidence. Fortunate for us, I had found this small transcript he used. So, thanks to me, I can address him entirely. As well, I figured out he is a Vril.”

I had asked from curiosity, “What’s a Vril though? I have never heard of such a race, nor creature. So, would you kindly inform me as to what a Vril is, exactly?”

Zazaith took a new stance again, one that showed his aggravation of the question, “Well, a Vril is literally a being that is a mix of Rat and Human, and it maintains a humanoid form.”

He had replaced his aggravated stance, now with a calm one, and began to speak again, “And since I have only seen one Vril in Licht Von Trilia, I believe we have greatly narrowed down the listing of the possible “Big Rats”. Now, allow me to lead you both to where the Vril lives, at least where I remember him living at.”

Zazaith had led us to a small, slightly smelling, corner of the one of the Refuge’s many alleys. There stood a large group of people, all eating upon delicious, expensive food. Razen had whispered, “This must be the place, as I haven’t taken that kind of food for weeks, it’d be ruined by now. They’re getting supplied by “The Big Rat” clearly.”

The Vril soon came out, he had been wearing for disguise, a chef’s apron. He had looked at us, the strangers of the grouping and asked if we could keep a secret for some of the food, as he had presumed that’s what we were after.

Zazaith went with the lie, and said, “Oh yes, we’re just starving. We‘ll keep this secret, now may we come just a tad closer. I believe it‘d be easier for it to remain secret then.”

“The Big Rat” had agreed, and this was Zazaith’s deception. Me and Razen, had followed key obviously. The Vril had no clue the fate set before him, his immediate trust of other’s, would be his downfall. Razen had his Dagger, hidden from the other’s placed in a small tuck within his belt, quick and easily accessible.

Razen had finally gotten behind “The Big Rat”, his dagger slid silently into his hand. In reflex, his fingers claimed grasp of the leather handle. The blade, struck finely into the vermin’s neck. The small “gutter” of the Dagger, silt his neck so exactly.

Then, it had fell back in the tucked hole in the belt. None of his followers had an idea on which of us killed him, they only knew that we had killed him. They had gotten all forms of enragement and such, but they hadn’t known of Zazaith’s Magic.

He had opened an Arcane Void in the midst of the grouping. They had all the Arcane Essence which gave them such life, forcibly removed due to the Void, Zazaith then closed it, before it began to consume upon me, him, and Razen.

Zazaith now spoke, “I do not think we’re done with Rats, but let us continue our plot. We hath not the time to waste.”

< Message edited by Razen -- 7/21/2014 14:45:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF)Book of Vereriaz, Written by Narathzul
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition