Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2011 17:28:25   
IsaiahtheMage

@Snapaiera So your saying you mages are UPed and you need a buff because there is no way to counter the Balanced hunters,STR Hunters,STR Mercs,Tank Mercs and SUP Mercs?If so then thats what I am saying.I dunno why everyone thinks differently Mages cannot beat the Bh and Mercs this day and age TM just dont block no matter how much dex they get making a STR Hunter and Merc PWN THEM and for SUP Mercs they can malf them but they can use blood shiled then shoot them and deflect and use multi and aux and crit and crit and they lose and if vs a Balanced Hunter they can use energy shield then go in for the kill and lose and for Tank Mercs no need to decribe they are toast.And what if a MAge had defence matrix what good does it do?Mercs moves ignore your defences anyway and Bounties Smoke with high STR will cancel that out face it Mages are dead they neeed a buff BADLY!
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/29/2011 17:36:20   
Snaipera

@Mr.Pablo.Jr
Your evidence is invalid . "Ask someone" . I do not want to ask someone , I simply look at the facts . The fact that someone has 94% win for a day does not mean he's not NPCing regularly . Also , do you see what place he is in ? Do you think that a mage can keep up with a bounty hunter or a mercenary ? And again , I dare you , give me a build that can counter the Balanced hunters or the Technology baced forcus 5 mercenaries .
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/29/2011 18:01:38   
Nebula

Right now, I don't believe Mages are underpowered. I've just changed to mage and I've been doing great with the build I have. I may just be a rare case, I don't know how other mages are coping but really I don't see how mages are underpowered.
Perhaps its because I'm a founder... *wonders*
Post #: 28
1/29/2011 18:09:44   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

@Snaipera, Well you obviously lost your mind and know nothing about those two tech mages. Those two are well-known and are some of the best tech mages in the game and shouldn't bow down to your skeptism, also I have a great build to counter all-kinds of builds, its extremely powerful and smart, but I won't give it to people who are too stupid to make their own.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/29/2011 18:16:26   
9001WaysToLaugh

Techmage is a more tactical class. Requires more brainpower than the other classes. Not at all up.
Epic  Post #: 30
1/29/2011 18:59:58   
Nebula

^So true. The other classes, especially Mercenaries, can just use mindless stat-spamming skills. Str Mercs and Supp Mercs just spam a stat and do high damage, Tank Mercs are more decisive. Bounty Hunters used to be able to spam strength. Mage need to thinking to work.
Post #: 31
1/29/2011 19:05:52   
raff

To the guys that don't think mages need buffing, please change your class to mage then post in this thread.

< Message edited by raff -- 1/30/2011 11:28:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/29/2011 19:07:53   
Nebula

^I did. Yesterday. Before I changed to mage I definitly thought they needed a buff. Changing to mage changed my mind. d=
Post #: 33
1/29/2011 19:12:11   
raff

Please post a picture.

And another one of you winning against a different class with the same level in 1 vs 1.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/29/2011 19:17:48   
Nebula

As you wish. Will just need a minute or so to get one.

Edit: Here you go http://twitpic.com/3unwbn/full

My Aux critted him, but it didn't matter as he had 13 energy left, was malfunction'd and I had rage next turn. And this was a tank Merc, which is one of the hardest enemies for me to beat.

And here's the build I currently use: http://twitpic.com/3ulsry/full

And god that aux is an aweful eyesore compared to the way my other weapons fit in with my armour colours ( kind of ). Was even worse when my colours were Red and Dark Grey. Oh how I wish Cupid's Bane swapped looks with Cupid's Sorrow. =p

< Message edited by Nebula -- 1/29/2011 19:29:41 >
Post #: 35
1/29/2011 19:29:51   
raff

Take a full picture and don't cut off the bottom of the game. That's the part that tells us your characters name.

< Message edited by raff -- 1/30/2011 11:29:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
1/29/2011 19:35:09   
Nebula

How am I a troll? You can clearly see my username at the bottom of the screenshot
And it took me about 3 minutes to find a level 32, all others were low-level. Then after the screenshotting and so on.

But fine, as you wish, here's proof: http://twitpic.com/3unziw/full
That good enough?

If you aren't satisfied. I'm at the Overlord Guard, Epic Server world 7.

< Message edited by Nebula -- 1/29/2011 19:39:47 >
Post #: 37
1/29/2011 19:42:01   
raff

Not not really, make a video of you fighting a level 32 varium user with a different class than mage.

< Message edited by raff -- 1/30/2011 11:30:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
1/29/2011 21:03:53   
Arcanis

Ah,so your advice would be spam support?
Original.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/29/2011 21:09:56   
Nebula

Wasn't giving any advice. Also, just because its not something original, doesn't mean it won't work or that it shouldn't be done.
I was telling anyone to do it, was just saying it works for me.
Post #: 40
1/29/2011 21:23:13   
SugahBaby

If i would say so my self i think all classes are equally matched no class is better then the other you just need to know how to use the class you picked it depends of the person and the knowing of knowledge if your build is crap to you its not for some others people have the exact same build and know how to work it so if its about the class its not you just need to learn how to build better lol :P

Thanks, SugahBaby.
Post #: 41
1/29/2011 21:28:05   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

@Above, I totally agree, its not what class is UP or OP, but rather how well you use your knowledge and succeed with your class.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/29/2011 21:35:54   
IsaiahtheMage

LOl more people who think all classes are eqaul regardless of what you say Mercs are number 1 if you think all classes equal obviously you dont read stats Mercs have so many defence ignoring moves and life stealing and rage reducing moves and extra crit chance how on earth can they be eqaul to mages?Who have no resistence ignoring move and no extra crit chance one?I mean seriously no matter how much def mages get Mercs moves ignore some of the defence anyway.STR Bh are right beside mercs and Mages are at the bottom like the person said all of you switch to Mage right now then comment on this forum and see what you think.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/29/2011 22:21:41   
Lectrix

@Above: Not to mention the insane number of bonuses that Mercs get from abusing Support:

quote:

What does Support do for Mercs? Artillery Strike, Field Commander, and Artillery Strike (the best Multi attack BY FAR), not to mention ridiculously overpowered Field Medics that fit in perfectly with their Support Builds.

Why do Mercs spam Support? Hybrid Armor. Hybrid Armor basically gives Mercs tons of extra Dexterity Points. Free Stat Points, enabling Mercs to use their ridiculous Support Builds.

Sure, you could argue that the other Passives are free Stat Points. But if you think about it, other Passives are limited. Shadow Arts is an all or nothing Skill. A Deadly Aim boosted Gun has a Cooldown. Reroute and Blood Lust... well, they're limited by the way you or your opponents play.

What ever happened to creativity? I'm sick of seeing the same dumb Support Builds, over and over again.

*Sigh* No one even cares anymore... Mercs have it way too easy in 2v2. Bounty Hunters are doing well in 1v1. We Tech Mages are stuck at the bottom of the pile, forced to Battle NPCs. All we can to do is wait... and wait...

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 1/29/2011 22:25:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
1/29/2011 22:43:51   
BlueKatz

Mage is UP because it's slow... the the hell people keep saying "we still doing fine with Mage"? Just spam defense and loop and Support then win, maybe after 10 turns... yeah, mean while BH and Mer need around 2-5 turns to win. Slow is one of the biggest reason why can't Mage in or leading, also because of the Crit those day. Mage defensive move have no attack (like Mer Str nerf skill) and spamming defense will waste move, Mage will stuck in defensive loop til a Crit or Rage.

What Mage need is an overdone , allow player to whip the STR MER and STR BH in 1vs1. We need a counter effect like Crit for caster or they won't deal 10 damage on some Robot Build

I'm surely I can list all Mage problems, funnily, people scare of Maf too much, just few trick and it will be fine. After all Maf reduce ur resistant, if they can hit you 3 hits you will lost 33 HP more. It doesn't different from Mer or BH have some powerful skill that already deal 33 more damage, and maybe.... in one turn
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 45
1/29/2011 23:04:18   
edwardvulture

Malf overlord stun. That can kill most support mercs if the stun connects. Plus assimilination takes away the heal why allwoing you to loop heal.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
1/29/2011 23:06:07   
EE

People having trouble with mercs? Really? I thought it was pretty obvious...rage. Yes rage. If you can believe it, that feature was added to be used back in alpha BECAUSE of the mercs. So how do you use rage against mercs when they have that rage nerf? That's simple: maxed assimilation, waiting before you malf, and using an un-blockable when you do rage.

An example bout
lvl 1 bludgeon, maxed assimilation, malf lvl5-7 to finish filling up rage meter, then rage energy aux ...4 turns to win

Rage builds faster the higher their defense is, and then rage ignores any bonus stats added from armor or skills. I can explain the details if necessary, but I'm busy winning at the moment.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 47
1/29/2011 23:15:41   
BlueKatz

^Uh normally Mage has more defensive and Mer HAS more offensive, how can we build rage in that case. Also rage can't IK them
^^ if stun hit 30%, Mer and BH have up to 40% stun, plus Mer deal damage as high as their weapon and ignore defense. Also Mer normally has high Support (resist stun) and BH can smoke, reduce stun damage. Not mention you lost a lot of MP
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/29/2011 23:16:57   
Lectrix

Yeah, it's really easy to Rage when Mercs hit you with Surgical Strike...

Auxiliary, Artillery Strike, Field Medic, Sidearm, then Rage Auxiliary. Am I the only one who's getting sick of that "strategy"?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
1/29/2011 23:37:30   
EE

@ Bluekatz

IK? instakill? to take advantage of the rage, you have to take advantage of their primal armor. hence starting with a physical attack like bludgeon (all my weaps are energy)

Your mindset as a mage should not be about inflicting damage fast (whoever said that mages are slow is partially right). It's all about control. You make them do what you want them to do* and take advantage of the mage's skills wisely. There is nothing more satisfying as assimilating a BH who has exactly 33 energy with a lvl 1 massacre. They freak and use a low level Field Medic. As a mage, you are able to control the energy levels between the 2 players in a 1v1 matchup. The warmup prevents your opponent from using their strongest skills first, so they usually start with a buff or simple attack. If they use something that uses energy, all the better. With enough experience, you know when your opponent is about to do something big, so if you're flexible, you can already work on shutting them down.

*to a point

and yeah, I'm pushing for people to look into assimilation

I'd also like to note that there is no 'miracle-cure' so you win every game. If that were the case, then there would be no balance at all. What I suggest works, but obviously not all the time. Do not interpret my suggestions as being 100% effective because, let's face it, no plan survives contact with the enemy.

< Message edited by EE -- 1/29/2011 23:40:33 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition