Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2011 11:31:24   
Shadow Serpent

Playing a non varium mage just isn't worth it :/ The last time i won a 1vs1 was 2 weeks ago. It really needs a buff. And that new skill is useless to me. It only takes 10 mana AT MAX rank. HS's skill takes 20 at max, but it does cost some mana. Meh, it might be just me ;/
Post #: 76
1/30/2011 11:41:21   
Bladestar X

Simply being a founder won't help you become a pro at mage. You also need the armor and know how to work it. Lets say that there's level 32 mage with founders armor and a level 32 mage that doesn;'t have the founders armor. The first one wouldn't necessarily win if the other one has more skills that the first one. It's all about skill and luck, try out build that you never think would work. Try sustituting dif armors and weps, you never know what would work until you try. Take me for an example. I'm a mage and I use a str build, not really expected of a mage huh? But my win ratio is about 80%. Someday, a person will find an awsome build for mages.
AQW Epic  Post #: 77
1/30/2011 13:40:43   
TurkishIncubus

^ Ofcourse only founder isnt enough for winning but Mages play battle not with their skills they play with stats if you are not a founder+bunny your total stat decreas 10 stat points directly.

Epic  Post #: 78
1/30/2011 13:47:44   
Nebula

To be honest, Bounty Hunters rely on stats more than Mages... especially Strength Hunters as Malfunction destroys their smoke screen but Intimidate also destroys their strength.
Mages need to be more strategic than other classes, to be honest. I have to think about what I'm doing more than I did as a Hunter.

Also, Turkish, you'd only lose 10 if you didn't buy the Space Warrior. If you did it would be 6, which isn't that much. If you bought one of the Cupid Auxs, its 5. Only if you use BigTunas ( which is terrible for mages ) or Slayer's mage armour you'd lose 9 or 10.
Post #: 79
1/30/2011 13:58:07   
TurkishIncubus

^ The total Stat bonus is important but the location of Bonuses in weps are important like total bonus. If i use azrael bane + frostbolt + cyber dragon + Cadens Armor
My bonuses become
str +8
Dex+20
Tech+31
Support+25

well i want an armor gives +8 dex and +8 support but there isnt and Mercs got Desert Cyborg giving Tech and support for a good Support build + They got Founder to make Str build , BHs got Desert Ronin for making a perfect Dex abuse build with conbined Imperial acp and Founder to make str builds. Mages got 3 armors of same type:Founder +8 dex ,+8 tech - Desert cyborg +8str,+8 tech -Cadens +4 str,+4dex,+8tech , these armors is copy of each other we dont have an armor giving +8 dex and +8 support or +8tech +8 supoort.

And All energy Side arms give high tech bonus and require high tech . I cant find any wep giving Dex and support and be energy

The thing i want to tell is As a Mage finding wep for your build is torture but BH and Mercs can do it easyly
Epic  Post #: 80
1/30/2011 14:05:15   
Nebula

^Overlord Blaster. Gives only a little tech and it has no huge tech requirement. Plasma ACP gives alot of Tech but also has no huge tech requirement. Both of them give decent support.
Yeah, it doesn't matter how much... where they are is definitly important.

I myself have:

+4 Str
+ 43 Dex
+22 Tech
+36 support

Which works out great for me. With the BT armours, mages got the short end of the stick, I think maybe they should have upgrade version of a few of the +12 stats +5 def/resist armours?
Post #: 81
1/30/2011 14:14:27   
TurkishIncubus

^ Overlord gives 6 tech and 2 stat lower than Frostbolt and Plasma and frostbolt give +8 tech so they are equal in stats and Frostbolt do +32 which means youcan do +8 DA with 6 skill point.

And i want my stats to be like yours can you tell your Weps? (you have to have Founder + bunny to make those stats am i wrong)

And Necromage gives +6 dex , +6 support and +6 def/res which is too uped maybe Buffing these armors will be good
Epic  Post #: 82
1/30/2011 14:17:37   
Snaipera

^ no buffing . They are lvl 25 and they cost 500 varium . They're good as they are !
AQW Epic  Post #: 83
1/30/2011 14:20:32   
Nebula

Kringle Bot Staff enhanced with 8 support
Imperial ACP
Cupid's Sorrow
Founder Armour enhanced with 10 support

If you had the Space Warrior armour you'd be better ofu sing Azrael as it means you pretty much have the same stats ( your dex would a little lower but every other stat could be the same )
I don't have the Bunnyzookas, btw.

Yeah, and I agree on not buffing. Releasing upgrades versions, maybe having it so you could turn in the versions we have now for a lower price would be fair?

< Message edited by Nebula -- 1/30/2011 14:22:07 >
Post #: 84
1/30/2011 14:20:46   
TurkishIncubus

@Snaipera
New armor or making them 28lwl and +1000 varium , basicly i can give 4000 varium without enhancements to a armor gives +8 dex ,+8 support and has +8 enhancement

@Nebula

My strategy is using a physical Primary and unblockable Energies. You cant use your Gun efectively as Malf+DA+energygun

But thanks for saying.

Note: Mods sorry i doubled my posts can you Merge them or How can i do that ?

Posts merge. Only AKs/Mods can merge posts. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 1/30/2011 15:06:14 >
Epic  Post #: 85
1/30/2011 14:35:26   
Callisto

Okay after everything I read,I agree mages are most up at the moment but they are not weak if you know how to play.I've been a mage for a year now and I still do well in 2vs 2,even against all those supp mercs.I can get on leaderboard easily any day if you want to see a mage on it.
Also I've seen some post about mages without founder armor and bunnyzookas,how they suc.So not true.I don't have founder,bunnies,rixty, heart breakers or any of those super high stat weapons.Most people who fought me wouldn't say I suc.
I use few builds,high supp,high dex and I even tried high str and 5 focus just for fun.High dex is safest in 2 vs 2 for me.As for 1 vs 1 I'm not a pro in there but I could handle it.
My point is,mages are the weakest,they need some kind of buff.Assimilation is too weak and you need a staff for it,supp mercs kill mages easily with supp abuse and maxed multi...It's possible to be a good mage even at this point but it sure isn't easy,you need a lot of experience and skill for it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 86
1/30/2011 14:59:29   
Nebula

@Turkish I use a staff for Assimilation. The staff is energy and having all energy weapons would be bad so I just stick with my trusty Imperial ACP. Physical primary and energy unblockables is very effective, but I like to ruin Mercs heal/Bezerker or BHs strategies with Assimilation.
Post #: 87
1/30/2011 15:04:43   
Snaipera

^ WE NEED A GOOD PHYSICAL STAFF . We're the only class that lacks both types of class specific gear . UNFAIR !
AQW Epic  Post #: 88
1/30/2011 15:17:17   
TurkishIncubus

^ Physical staff or Making Bludgeon unblockable.

@Nebula

Maybe i will try it later with azrael first i have to enhance it with credits :S and if i make their Berserker ruin they will hit with double strike , its like same.
Epic  Post #: 89
1/30/2011 15:25:03   
Snaipera

I'd prefer physical staff . Making bludgeon would put other classes on rage war against us . But giving us physical staffs will ACTUALLY make the game equal for everyone !!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 90
1/30/2011 17:02:51   
Bladestar X

@turkish: You do realize with the right weps, you can (almost) match a founder with the duel master armor. Look at my stats.

< Message edited by Bladestar X -- 1/30/2011 17:04:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 91
1/30/2011 21:50:15   
Larcell

What if they brought down the warm-down for Plasma Bolt and Overload to 1 Turn instead of 2?
Epic  Post #: 92
1/30/2011 21:52:48   
goldslayer1

@larcell well those attacks are weak anyway
i mean if 1 of them atleast had a 25% resistance ignore then it would be better.
yes 25% because those attacks hardly ever crit.
AQW Epic  Post #: 93
1/30/2011 21:54:21   
Larcell

^

Even Better. It should ignore 25% Resistance. Supported.
Epic  Post #: 94
1/30/2011 23:01:03   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

I disagree with the OP. Mages are too powerful right now. I'm a bounty hunter and I lose more to mages than any other class. A high support mage owns all classes with powerful malf, incredible aux, strong sidearm(with +9 damage), and outrageously high defense. And let's not forget the heal loop. So please don't whine about needing a power-up because you lose a lot. You probably just don't have the right build.

< Message edited by drekon -- 1/30/2011 23:02:21 >
Epic  Post #: 95
1/30/2011 23:02:17   
Hun Kingq

I have been saying Mages are underpowerd for the longest and with these new weapons having high support enhancements mercs are abusing support even more and for the mage to last the battle you have to have 30+ defense and resistance because they are getting both physical and energy weapons. One merc had 76 base support with 42 enhancements because his weapons for the other three had low requirements while the weapons the mage gets has high stat requirements so if a mage wants to switch to the kringle bot staff without retraining, he or she has to have tech at 41. Simple solution put a cap on base support and base strength, let's say 50.

To even prove how under powered the mage is I had my build at all 45s to get +5 damage but the damage I inflicted on a bounty and a merc that had all 45s with the same enhancements was only half of the damage they inflicted on me.

Like I mentioned before if they don't want to give the mage extra power then give us extra defense without using all our enhancements towards just two stats. Just for the mage only let us combine the physical and energy armor, at a cost of course, with x2 towards defense and resistance so if you have a + 8 energy and physical then it would be +16 for both defense and resistance.

Between Charfade staff and the Azrael staff the Charfade is better, thought I let you know because I tested both and soon I will be getting the Azrael's Sword and will test that as well, actually use, not like mercs and bounties to get the sword just for the stat modifiers.
Epic  Post #: 96
1/30/2011 23:02:46   
goldslayer1

@drekon
are u sure its us loosing to much or ur build fails against mages?
mages are supose to be casters not tech reduce gunners and zookers
AQW Epic  Post #: 97
1/31/2011 1:13:13   
orrthehunter

^ Well one thing is Reduce Tech+Max Final = Win. I've been killed by that combo a lot of times and only survived because the mage ran out of MP.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 98
1/31/2011 1:29:05   
cool preston

OK Really guys. I have a created a build WITHOUT Shadow arts. it's not as powerful as you think i have level 2 in it and 1 grenade. DOES that sound like it's overpowered??? No i tell you! My build maintains a 90% win ratio and is very flexible against all classes. What i'm trying to say is. STOP FLAMING THE FORUMS, seriously if you just put your heads together i'm sure you cna come up with a decent build! I mean cmon guys what ever happened to creativity!!!!

GET OUT THERE AND RETRAIN AND STOP BICKERING ON THE FORUMS. how this is Op and this is UP i'm sick of it.

Edited for content. PMed OP. ~Dax

< Message edited by Dax -- 1/31/2011 4:00:19 >
MQ  Post #: 99
1/31/2011 1:37:24   
orrthehunter

^ I would of said what you said but most people I said that to in game just kept calling me "noob" as their excuse so I just stopped with this. Still the Reduce Tech+Max Final will always be a deadly tactic no matter what. Well if the mage manage to survive long enough to use this tactic but most of them never do due to their build.

< Message edited by orrthehunter -- 1/31/2011 1:39:48 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition