Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Thats it eitheir Mercs need a nerf or Mages need a buff!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Thats it eitheir Mercs need a nerf or Mages need a buff!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/1/2011 9:07:06   
IsaiahtheMage

@Callisto Theres nothing I can do 72 HP is ok its decent it is not too low 45 HP is way to low Mercs SHOULD NOT be able to hit that much dmg in 2 to 3 turns.Yet a merc with a bunker buster and a artilery did they are OPed Mages need a buff badly.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/1/2011 15:46:06   
Hun Kingq

Problem with mercs is they get to have two armors, two Aux, a sidearm and a powerful primary weapon they could take away your strength while increasing their strength and the stat requirements are lower for thier weapons then it is for the mage and with the stat modifiers they could have high support and with two armors they could have mid to high defense and resistance. Will something ever be done probably not because the staff are either mercs or bounties so why would they do anything for the mage when majority of mages are paying customers or customers that takes the time to do the surveys and offers providing another source of income for Epic Duel.
Epic  Post #: 27
2/1/2011 16:56:04   
Crossor

I am level 26 and I beat level 31's all the time as a BH, doesn't matter the class.
Post #: 28
2/1/2011 16:58:11   
Pyronix15

With or with out high dex/shadow arts?

Contrary to popular belief, it does make a difference.

Please do not quote the person directly above you. ~The Game

< Message edited by The Game -- 2/1/2011 22:59:24 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 29
2/1/2011 20:37:45   
Silver Sky Magician

@ IsaiahtheMage

Mages can do malf+plasma bolt for 50+ damage, especially at your level. And your defense is a shockingly low 16-20. You need to add more to your defensive stats and think of a good build. Your current build really needs major improvement. I can't imagine any decent player losing to that kind of build, actually. Concentrate less on focus. Your stat bonuses are really low as well, get Caden's wrath. I'm guessing your strategy is technician+plasma bolt? That really doesn't work, especially at your level.

Use malfunction and deadly aim, and possibly add more to defense matrix.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 2/1/2011 20:41:36 >
Post #: 30
2/1/2011 21:00:57   
Hun Kingq

Another thing merc can do that no other class can do is take away rage and put enough damage on you at the same time which is not truly fair. With the new weapons the mercs can now have 30+ resistance with low base tech. So you malfunction the merc they debuff, you use plama bolt, you don't get 50 plus damage. I should know I tried it at level 10 malfunction with level 10 plasma bolt, that was with tech at the highest the requirements let me go.
Epic  Post #: 31
2/1/2011 21:09:22   
Silver Sky Magician

@ Hun Kingq

I don't think a mage can do 50 damage to a merc without rage or a critical at level 32. But IsaiahtheMage is only level 23.
Post #: 32
2/1/2011 23:35:23   
Hun Kingq

Both mercs and bounties can get true +5 damage because they have better stat modifiers with the same enhancements of their weapons,

the Charfade's club, a physical club, stat mods dex at +10 and tech at +15, requirements 36 dex 36 tech.

Charfade's claws, a physical blade, stat mods Dex +4 tech +16 support +5, requirements strength 42 Dex 30.

Charfade's staff stat mods Dex +10 tech +7 support +8 requirements dex 42 tech 30

So as you could see the requirements for their weapons of tech and dex is so low they could still have high strength or support and with the stat mods they could have high defense and resistance as well. The two main skills that the mage uses are malfunction and overload and as we all know those two improves with Dex and Support but both those classes have both physical and energy weapons so a mage has no choice if they want to last past three rounds to have high dex and high tech forcing them to have low strength and support.

So we got to ask, "Why is the mage being punished and not getting weapons with better mods across the board to have a fighting chance."
Epic  Post #: 33
2/1/2011 23:45:42   
od

@Iasthismage
Strange, I have a beast lvl 16 nonvar techmage with 5x more wins than losses(no
npcs). I'll share my build later but I use a phis sword + nrj gun and aux and If mercs switch hybrid I just strike them. You may just need to change your strategy a bit
Epic  Post #: 34
2/2/2011 4:29:14   
TurkishIncubus

Is Mercs Oped Because i cant win 1 of them if i dont Block Str build or Crit/Block a 5 focus or Support build.

I stop playing i will only do NPC and talk with ppl , everytime a merc come i lose :S , im bored of this uped Mage we need a huge buff not something like Asim
Epic  Post #: 35
2/2/2011 4:59:08   
Crovile V2

Merc's are not a prob in 1v1. However they are a big problem in 2v2. TBH, I'd ask all mages to come over to 1v1 so that together we can send all mercs to the 2v2 world where they belong.
As a BH, I don't have much option except being a tank. And the tank build mages use are opposite to the ones we use. Mges can't expect to own us with just support & low defenses. Gear up those defenses & then let's see how that works out.
Post #: 36
2/2/2011 5:03:55   
Egoraptor

@ IsaiahtheMage

Ok just so you will understand I will get down to the point.
Your build sucks, your not strategic enough to come up with a succesful build so its your fault you lost
to that level 18 merc who probably had a better build so quit complaining and make a new build.
Mercs are good as they are right now but Mages do need a little buff (So do BHs).

< Message edited by Egoraptor -- 2/2/2011 5:09:26 >
Post #: 37
2/2/2011 5:05:45   
TurkishIncubus

@Crovile V2

my defs are

def 27+8 =35
resist 30-34

im using 5 focus how much i do more? with DM my def will be 61 but with raged Berserker they almost hit my full hp. And now they start to use Energy weps with Str build :S , for making +20 more def i should make my technician 10 lwl :S

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 2/2/2011 5:12:33 >
Epic  Post #: 38
2/2/2011 6:29:35   
Crovile V2

@ TurkishIncubus :

My Dex is = 45+45 = 90 (i.e. 30-36)... Which means that I have a huge chance of blocking strikes & robots even without SA & also withstand Phy type attack.
My Resistance = 45+26 = 71 (i.e. 26-32)... Which combined with +7 Energy resistance armor gives me a greater energy defense and also a powers up my EMP Grenade & Lv 1 Smoke Screen & gives my Robot an attack power of 25-29 +30 which is pretty good as well.

And I went back to using Beta Weapons 'coz I relied more on stats then Weapon Damage and to also to power up my skills & abilities.

So this is how my bot build is different then a Mage's Focus-Bot build who usually use a Physical Defense Armor as I retain more blocking chances even without SA. We both use more-or-less the same stats but wield different abilities just by inter-changing Dex & Tech. That's all the difference between your stats & my stats.
Post #: 39
2/2/2011 9:33:01   
Hun Kingq

TurkishIncubus
Whether you like it or not, if you play a mage, your defense has to be 30 but 31 is better to block and limit the damage of Artillary strike sand bunker buster.
Epic  Post #: 40
2/2/2011 10:22:49   
goldslayer1

dude the most OP thing in this game is blocking.
i had a merc, had to fight a bounty hunter, i was a tank so it lasted long
the BH blocked 4 robots and 2 strikes in a row
first i used both robots
then 2 strikes
then robots again all BLOCKED.
tell me are u serious? how can chances be that dam high?
i know shadowarts is helpful but are u serious?

then i tried STR merc i always have to fight BH with str mercs. i never get a good hit
my stun always gets blocked if i go second. (which is what mostly happens against BH)
and if i have any rages i can only use the gun for it because strikes or any other skill will be blocked.
yesterday i had BH. i had 87 dex with maxxed shadow arts and out of like 5 long fights
i only blocked like 3 times. and STR mercs always went first against me. getting the stun and then berzerker for the kill.

also

YOUR BUILD DETERMINES WHO YOU FIGHT.
this is a fact.
when i was STR merc i always had to fight BH. and always loose against thos ebecause of block rate
when im a tank merc i fight support mercs.
when i was a BH, (for some dam weird reason) i mostly fought varium mages with defen modifiers and huge malfs, did i mention i didn't go first against mages?
the game right now is so unbalanced. and its not funny
im seriously thinking of quitting the game if they dont get the balancing issues fixxed.
i bought the $50 varium package 5 times
im a paying customer, its either u do what we are asking for, or u will keep on loosing customers.
cause now its all about luck and not skills. (this is why i find AQW pvp better than ED)
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/2/2011 12:37:40   
IsaiahtheMage

My build does NOT suck I do not care about tactical and strategic I want it to be easy to get wins!I am sio sick of OPed Mercs.Now buff up the mages please.I am not gonna keep retraing and looking for some good buold for a mage because we are UPed and we all suck compared to BHs and Mercs I want a buff.Eitheir that or I am done with ED this game is so annoying with all the high lvl 32s with variums.And all the unblanced and unfairness I am about to quit ED for a while and I am headed to back to AQ and AQW and DF so cya ED I may still continue to play but only as my BH and Merc the TM suck almost every TM I see even a lvl 32 with no varium or below I beat them as A merc even with their defence matrix I just wait for it to wear off.TM need a buff.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
2/2/2011 12:40:10   
goldslayer1

well if this keeps up even titan will start switching classes
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
2/2/2011 12:46:51   
Pyronix15

quote:

YOUR BUILD DETERMINES WHO YOU FIGHT.
this is a fact.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous and so full of uninformed people looking to interject wrong and misguided opinions it should be renamed the Epic duel fire coated gossip thread.

There is no system like that in place, its not even possible code wise. Just think, how would a system even determine what a build is?

quote:

My build does NOT suck I do not care about tactical and strategic I want it to be easy to get wins!

+1 for being honest

-10000000 for being an extremely ignorant player.

Everyone needs to chill and stop posting for a few minutes, its like giving varuim crystal crayons to babies on steroids.

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 2/2/2011 12:48:15 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 44
2/2/2011 12:55:26   
IsaiahtheMage

@Pyronix15 Your the only ignorant I see around here.You get a +0 for not unferstanding about OPed and UPed.And -100000000000000000000000 for being extremly ignorant.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
2/2/2011 13:01:40   
Pyronix15

1)It's spelled understanding, not unferstanding. When you insult someone, make sure you can spell at a 9th grade level at least, lest you look foolish.

2)If you can find something I said wrong in my last post, I'll take it back, other wise you look pretty smart for copy/pasting my last sentence fragment in you're post. At least you got the grammar right.

As I said, take a chill pill, and come back in 5.

And +2 if you can understand the concept of sarcasm.

+1 more if you understood how I used it to subtly degrade you.

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 2/2/2011 13:03:05 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 46
2/2/2011 13:06:55   
goldslayer1

quote:

There is no system like that in place, its not even possible code wise. Just think, how would a system even determine what a build is?

actualy pyro idk if there is a system. but when im a STR merc i tend to fight BH who smoke, and then i end up in a fail at using stuns on BH.
and i usualy fight BH and mostly loose with STR merc against BH unless im extremely lucky and actualy stun when they smoke. and they always tend to go first.
the other day i was a BH i mostly fought lvl 30-27.
switched to mage and try it out. it was just utter failure. switched to merc again and tried tank merc. i mostly fought str merc or really high support mages.
idk if u noticed this trend. but try changing ur build like a big change and u just might notice a differen;t on who u fight.
so in the end this is gossip how?
im only telling u this from what i see. when im str merc i mostly fight varium lvl 32s when im BH half variums and half lower lvls
when im a mage well it was just horrible being a mage.
current'y im a merc and today i must have fought like 50-60 str bh with smoke.
and its really annoying because if ur using str and they smoke u, ur stun will most likely miss.
u can try this out with tech mage if u have below 74 dex. ur malf will frequently miss.
and i know this because rougeninja told me this.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
2/2/2011 13:13:50   
Pyronix15

Simple psychology my goldy dude.

You tend to notice whatever enemy gives the most trouble the most.

Theirs that.....and the fact allot of people spam hard to kill cookie cutter builds.

ALLOT of players are bounties right now, smoke+shadow arts is deadly.

Over all, I use 4 different biulds, and I notice enemies seem different because I have a different weakness, not because their different.

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 2/2/2011 13:14:15 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 48
2/2/2011 14:27:47   
Arcanis

quote:

I do not care about tactical and strategic I want it to be easy to get wins

Yep,that surely helps devs to decide what balance changes to make.
"I don't wanna use my brain,i'm UPed,buff me".
Get a grip.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
2/2/2011 14:36:05   
Calogero

I got now a ' Suport ' Mage,
22 - 27 + 1 Def ( +30 DM )
25 - 30 +8 +1 Resist

For now it works pretty well.

@IsaiahTheMage
Newsflash, there is no Ultimate build
Every Build has its weakness ( STR mercs for example, they tend to have low energy and low Resistance, so Just take that away and than Buff your defences )
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Thats it eitheir Mercs need a nerf or Mages need a buff!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition