Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Assimilation effect

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Assimilation effect
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/2/2011 19:59:42   
Snaipera

Assimilation is a Very VERY VERY weak skill for a tier 4 .
First of all , let's start with the basics of this skill . The maximum amount of energy it can drain is 10 . That's totally nothing . The maximum you can regain is 5 mp . It can be very useful but only if it hits .
It has a cooldown of 3 turns . That's just TOO much .
It barely hits . Since it's a normal strike if it gets blocked you're screwed . With those shadow arts , no assimilation is effective .
Requires a staff to use and there AREN'T EVEN PHYSICAL STAFFS .

So all in all I think the ED team should consider one of 2 options : Either make assimilation usable with a sword (mages have 6 skills that require a staff . THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS) OR making the energy drainage effect unblockable but the damage effect still blockable .

Spells are also outrageously weak and it's like 4 useless skills in the mage's tree , no other skill tree has 4 useless skills . But that's another topic . Look into this !

Let's just use in one area instead A Comprehensive Balance Discussion to discuss for balancing. Thanks. :) ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 2/6/2011 8:20:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/2/2011 20:13:08   
H4ll0w33n

Blood shield is way more useless.

Max energy drain is 10------most people only need 2 energy less to not be able to use a skill. so no use leveling to 10
heals 5 en--------------------you have 16 en, not enough to heal, oh good now you can.
cooldown of 3----------------thats enough, if it was 1 and it drained 10 then wouldnt it be rather OPed? wow in a battle (bout 8 turns) i drained 40 energy!
Barely Hits-------------------get more dex. the block chance is low atm basically a 2% increase for merc and mages and a 8% increase for BH.
requires staff----------------the class is called TechMAGE for a reason, and there are physical staffs, kringle bot staff was physical i think and who says it has to be physical.

If it required a sword merc would be UPed since we get just enough energy and so would BH.
unblockable would mean a chain of unblockables: Mal,Gun,Aux,Assimilate,Gun,Heal,Aux,Assimilate,Gun

Pros on assimilate

It requires no energy
level 2 is effective

Now look how weak blood shield is:

Pros:

useful when your about to die in 2v2 with a living partner
lasts 5 turns, more than the rest of the buffs

Cons:

level 8-10 to be useful
takes hp (agility ruins it)
robot does the exact same thing and people can win a robot.
wont save you if your going to die(unlike assimilate, support merc just used aux, your at 20 hp, you assimilate, he cant multi so he guns 2,3, you can heal so you heal.)

@ET (Below)
unblockable as in bazooka +gun(deadly aim)
10 is already enough. if it changed to 13, i wanna see it use hp to use it.

@Cannible (below)

then make atom smasher the same thing, its 4 tier too isnt it? :P

@Lectrix (Below)

EDIT: For all those saying to check my facts, thnx for checkin 4 meh ;p.

also you were all complaining about azreal and now its come out you didnt even bother to mention it, we that just a excuse to be buffed?
Using a sword should just rename techMAGES to techsoldiers. their called techmages for a reason you know...

yeah you can buff the skills that are actually useless. ie: Supercharge, Plasma bolt, overload, plasma rain.
then you can buff the BH, ie: Multi-shot, Stun grenade
and finally the merc, ie: Blood shield, double strike

< Message edited by H4ll0w33n -- 2/3/2011 23:05:49 >
Post #: 2
2/2/2011 20:13:11   
EE

I partly agree with this, but I do see a lot of potential with this new ability. What I would like to see a buff in this skill and make it unblockable. Many could argue that mages have plenty of unblockable skills, but they are all very weak at higher levels do that the fact they are predictable (defeat spells by raising your resistance). If it were to transfer all of the stolen energy and many buff up to 13+ points taken at max level (kinda like how hybrid armor scales) I think more people would invest points into the skill. I don't want to make it an uber skill, but I would like ot give it a fighting chance.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 3
2/2/2011 20:13:11   
The Cannible

Assimilation doesn't need a buff mana stealing wise, just able to use with a sword, and always steals mana. If you can poison someone without even cutting them, i'm pretty sure you can channel mana without needing a direct hit.
DF  Post #: 4
2/2/2011 20:18:10   
Lectrix

Funny... I've been thinking along the same lines for quite some time now.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: A Tech Mage with a Sword can literally only use half of their Skill Tree. If a certain someone... happens to insist that Tech Mages should just use a Staff if we really want to use our Staff Required Skills, my answer is this: there aren't any good Staves. Heck, there's only ONE Physical Staff! Besides, Staves tend to do less damage than Swords. So we're either restricted to having a weak Energy Primary, or we lose a few Skill Points.

Changing Assimilation so that it's usable with a Sword, and/or changing the Energy Drain Effect so that it'll work every time. These solutions were EXACTLY what I had in mind, though I never bothered to Post them. This could possibly give Tech Mages the edge that they need to compete with the other Classes.

@H4ll0w33n: Most people will agree that the Merc Skill Tree is better than the Tech Mage Skill Tree, save for Blood Shield. So shouldn't Tech Mages get a Buff before Mercs?

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 2/2/2011 20:21:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/2/2011 20:30:53   
Snaipera

Indeed , Lectrix , I think we have the same mind . The merc's tree has only 2 weapon specific skills . The BH tree has three . Mage's has 6 , WHAT THE HELL ? Our staffs have been nerfed so much in the past . The 2 newest staffs are amazing however . Even Doomcircle was nerfed compared to the lvl 31 mauls introduced during Halloween . And then again , half the mage's skill tree is USELESS . Why do i need crappy spells like Multi and plasma bolt . Even Supercharge is crappy , it's basically the same as Surgical strike , only requires class specific gear and doesn't reduce rage , WHAT THE HECK ?!
Also

@Halloween dude . Only the overlord staff is physical and it's very weak statwise and damage wise . Heck it's weaker than the weapons it was released along with . Kringle bot staff and "that one eyed thing staff" are both energy . You might want to check your sources before posting in the forums and making a fool of yourself . Double strike useless ? It's basically the same as Bludgeon , only it doesn't require class specific gear , can be energy too and deals a lot more damage . The mana price is just a bit higher . Half our skill tree is useless so zip it and look at the things the way they are !

< Message edited by Snaipera -- 2/2/2011 20:35:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/2/2011 23:11:49   
Luna_moonraider

the mana drain should be unblockable but the atk will still be blockable. cause it is irritating that i drains so little energy and it get blocked. but still remains as a staff skill. no sword assimilation if the mana drain is unblockable.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 2/2/2011 23:28:43 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/2/2011 23:22:35   
Gree

I agree with the unblockable mana drain, but blockable damage on Assimilation. If there were to be a replacement skill I would like to see mages get a passive defense skill, since both of the other classes have good ones. To be fair mercs could use another passive too, but dear god not a defensive one

@H4ll0w33n: please check your facts. Overlord is the ONLY physical staff ever made for the game. Even if it was 3 like you think, thats not good enough. Would you like mercs to have only 3 physical weapons, or bhs to have only 3 phys weapons?

< Message edited by Gree -- 2/2/2011 23:42:27 >
Post #: 8
2/3/2011 0:26:57   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

Assimilation should never have been blockable in the first place.As for it's usefulness,iv'e only ever seen a few mages that KNOW how to use it.These are the smart mages that have a broad range of tricks up their sleeves.Some people complain that mages are oh so weak,for the moment it might be true.But let me tell you something,iv'e faced mages that cannot be beaten unless you get lucky.

These mages as i said manipulate you in a variety of ways,malf being the least of your problems.But they're a rare sight,and did i mention they need to have varium?If not?I trounce them...
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
2/3/2011 1:01:12   
Lectrix

@Snaipera: Great minds think alike

Overlord Staff IS the only Physical Staff. The main problem with Staves, I believe, is Plasma Bolt. Plasma Bolt's animation forces all Staves to have some sort of Energy source, even Overlord Staff.

As long as Assimilation's effect takes place, I don't care whether or not the Attack itself is Blockable. I have a Level 2 Assimilation, mainly for eliminating a Merc's Field Medic. *BAM* My partner will either end up calling me a genius if I don't get Blocked, or an idiot if I get Blocked.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/3/2011 1:07:07   
EE

^You raise an interesting point there with the energy source since tech mages are described as human batteries.

I wouldn't mind if effects of assimilation still happened just like malf, venom, smoke, etc. and in fact I hope they will make it this way in keeping with the trend of those other skills. Even if they don't get damage dealt, the mage's rage meter would still fill and they'd have less energy to work with. I like
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 11
2/3/2011 1:13:52   
Lectrix

Unfortunately, if Assimilation were Buffed, Blood Shield would also likely be Buffed in some way that would effectively weaken all Tech Mages. Hmmm... come to think of it, Assimilation is the only new Skill that hasn't been tweaked yet. But it couldn't possibly be Nerfed... right?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/3/2011 1:48:53   
EE

...I hope not! What would be the point of adding it in the first place if they nerfed it now? Heresy I say!

But really, then no one would use it lol
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 13
2/3/2011 2:58:24   
Lord/Fredd

I only use Assilimation in lv 2, as 2 energy can ruin most build :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
2/3/2011 3:33:53   
TurkishIncubus

Asim is Bad at 1vs1 but its use full in 2vs2 , if i didnt have it , i couldnt get 2vs2 champ , learn to use it

Epic  Post #: 15
2/3/2011 3:50:57   
diablo452

Okay first of im a bounty and to be honest...the poison skill we have... If it blocks it shouldnt count.
But if this skill was made unblockable. Hell no for a 3 turn cooldown. Make it a 5 turn cooldown and we got a deal. Becuase if it was unblockable... Well mages become op'ed again. Oh and the skill should cost energy = to its energy reduction in other word. Not spending energy as long as it hits. But honestly. 2 passives and a no energy costing skill enough with mage up'ed balance is an issue this game has. get over it please. No one wants to hear "omfg blocked" when all you need is deadly aim and malfunction to win...
So please "kindly" get over balace. To be honest i only rely on 4 skills smoke,bloodlust,shadow arts,and medic feild. Mages have good skills too just learn how to use them to your advantage. Level 8 overload,7 deadly aim,4-5 medic feild,6 reroute,and 2-3 malf. Of course this would be mainly a support build but still a powerfull mind beats strength. Good luck mages
  • mages use staffs. Thats why your beginning item is a staff not a sword ... 
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    2/3/2011 10:17:31   
    IsaiahtheMage

@hall4w Blood Shield isnt useless I have a lvl 10 blood shield and it really comes in handy.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 17
    2/3/2011 10:27:40   
    Snaipera

@Turkish , not much can be done when i try to drain a BH's massacre and he blocks me . Or when the support mercs gets lucky and i cannot drain his heal ..... And this happens like ... A LOT
    AQW Epic  Post #: 18
    2/3/2011 10:34:04   
    Hun Kingq

Assimilation should be unblockable and take away 35 points of enegry with a 2 round cool down that would help solve the high strength and support problem because they would have to put more points into energy.
    Epic  Post #: 19
    2/3/2011 10:35:53   
    Snaipera

^It's a free skill . That's too much , 35 mana . Just making the drain effect unblockable OR making it usable with a sword will do the trick
    AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    2/3/2011 10:40:39   
    TurkishIncubus

@Snaipera

If you said that for 2vs2 , Only a few BHs playing 2vs2 , if they come let your partner handle him.For Mercs if you use +60(with modifiers) dex you will make all mercs asim , because they abuse support and they think hybrid will save them and give dex less.Basicly if you use a antimerc build in 2vs2 like me you will be able to get more wins than everybody :)

If you said for 1vs1 you are right asim useless in 1vs1 because of BHs.

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 2/3/2011 10:41:43 >
    Epic  Post #: 21
    2/3/2011 10:54:34   
    Hun Kingq

35 is not too much look at the emp takes away 37 energy atom smasher if not blocked takes away 35 energy at low levels. so let's be fair level 10 Assimilation unblockable and 35 points of energy so the mercs and bounties would know how it feels to have to put extra points into energy and with that it makes them take away points from strength or support.

To add back to the mage 50% goes back to energy and the other 50% back to health.
    Epic  Post #: 22
    2/3/2011 11:07:05   
    Nebula

^Taking away 37 energy and giving 19 energy back and 19 to health? Are you serious? That is far too overpowered, it costs no energy! 20 at max sounds reasonable, with no health regeneration.
    It should be on part with Atom Smasher. Both blockable, but assimilation takes away a set ammount of energy and regenerates your own while Atom Smasher can take away an ammount depending on your strength but costs energy.

Wanting it to do that much, Hun Kingq, is just far too unbalanced.
    Post #: 23
    2/3/2011 11:43:10   
    Hun Kingq

It is not unblanced especially if a merc goes first with bunker buster taking away 47 points of health if you don't want Assimilation to take away that much then make EMP or Atom smasher only take away 10 points at level 10. The big problem is that everyone is complaining about is the strength and support abusers and if more energy can be taken away then that would force them to take points from the stats and put it into energy.
    Epic  Post #: 24
    2/3/2011 15:33:36   
    Giras Wolfe

If it was unblockable it would be overpowered because mages could just level it to 1 and never miss when they happen to need to strike.

However, I agree that it should not require a staff.

I also think the drain rate should be 1 to 1. 10 drain for 10 gainback at max. This wont be overpowered because if your enemy has 0 energy the skill is useless, and it can still be blocked.

Starting to sound like a tier 4 skill yet?
    AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Assimilation effect
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition