Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: A Comprehensive Balance Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: A Comprehensive Balance Discussion
Page 3 of 13«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/4/2011 20:09:49   
BlueKatz

I have a very simple solution for stat abuse

If you notice, when use raise the stat, it increase you Min Stat Effect by one. But after 20 Points it raise ur Max stat by 2. This is the main reason why people abuse stat.

I think they should just balance this.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 51
2/4/2011 22:14:46   
Xendran

Solution won't work. Would nerf all stats equally keeping them at the same perspective power level.

I'll redo a bunch of skills in a day or two, after i recover from tonight (party in an hour)
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 52
2/5/2011 11:25:34   
The Doctor

@Xendran
So skills would be updated to be balanced with the new stats, yes?

@Jzaanu
This does make sense.
However, the stats themselves have to be the foundation on which the skills are built on.

Thank you,
~The Doctor
Epic  Post #: 53
2/5/2011 13:25:04   
Hun Kingq

I created this program code less than 5 seconds and would work at any level of Dex. This is just a sample.

If strength => 55%
Then block % => 65%
End If
Epic  Post #: 54
2/5/2011 14:45:51   
TurkishIncubus

Just 30 supp bh , Started + crited + deflected in 1 battle, is it fair ? i got 95 support. Can some one explain me how this can happen.I dont want to hear it can happen its chance.Its totaly unfair.

Our stats are not balanced too ...

Anybody got Solution?

Epic  Post #: 55
2/5/2011 14:48:07   
tigura

@Xendran- Your math is sound. Balancing all the stats is a good idea.

@Hun Kingq- Yeah...... No. I dont fully understand your post, but it seems to me that you are saying that the less dex you have, the more you block. That is absolutely not a good solution.
DF Epic  Post #: 56
2/5/2011 21:38:53   
The Doctor

@Hun Kingq
55% and 65% of what?
Please elaborate on these variables.

Thank you,
~The Doctor
Epic  Post #: 57
2/5/2011 22:23:19   
Aqua Lightning 98

TurkishIncubus said:

quote:

Just 30 supp bh , Started + crited + deflected in 1 battle, is it fair ? i got 95 support. Can some one explain me how this can happen.I dont want to hear it can happen its chance.Its totaly unfair.

Our stats are not balanced too ...

Anybody got Solution?

Really sorry to say, it's chance.

I just got blocked 3 times by Administrator 12, 2 of which was when he had a Smoke Screen on him. Not only that, he started first (even though he has very low Support against my 68 Support) and critted me twice with Cheap Shot. Enough bad luck for today.

Everybody gets it. But don't worry. Over time, it evens out. Ever remembered when you got the same kind of luck against an opponent? I can.

On a side note: Why do you have 95 Support? It should be 96. You are wasting your Aux damage. Just a hint.

Second side note: I notice that the starting first, critting and deflection you mentioned in your post are not related to Shadow Arts. Maybe it's really a serious case of bad luck. Oh well.

Third side note: I'll get around to posting a Tech-Mage build soon in the Strategy thread. Maybe that will help you.

< Message edited by Aqua Lightning 98 -- 2/5/2011 22:24:50 >
Post #: 58
2/5/2011 22:40:46   
goldslayer1

quote:

Second side note: I notice that the starting first, critting and deflection you mentioned in your post are not related to Shadow Arts. Maybe it's really a serious case of bad luck. Oh well.

u dont know if shadow arts still has a deflection effect. just because it no longer says anything about deflection doesn't mean it doesn't have it.
when azrael bane came out it only said +5% crit but what it didn't say is that it was only for STRIKES
and not skill that require to use primary.
massacre doesn't say anywhere that it cant be block yet its unblock-able so u never know.
personaly i think blocking is bugged.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/5/2011 22:41:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 59
2/5/2011 22:52:00   
Shocka

Clever. I'm trying to think of overpowered builds like Energy Gun and Energy Zooka with Support and Malf but I seem to realize major flaws. Support and Strength well balanced because deflect and block are kinda the same now. Clever again.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
2/5/2011 22:55:39   
IsaiahtheMage

Here is what I think.I have a great idea!Try this out.

20 Strenght = 5% for damage reduced increases by 1% every 4 points.(Mercs get a new Skill that Reduces damage by 5%)
20 Dexerity = 10% Block Chance and increases by 1% every 4 points.(Bh have SA so it increases this by 10%and lose the stun chance)
20 Technology = 10% Chance to Stun enemy increase and increases by 1% every 4 points.(Mages get a new skill that replaces assimilation and increases stun chance by 10%)
20 Support = 10% Critical Strike and Recued Stun chance.Chance increases and decreases by 1% every 4 points.(No one gets anything extra on this).
100 Agility = The same.

What do you guys think about this? Seems balanced right?This way no clas can be SUPER OPed like we all know.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 2/5/2011 23:06:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
2/5/2011 22:56:17   
goldslayer1

tech mages can only win if they have support builds. which can be achieved by having founder armor and bunny zooka
without those being a mage is hard.
but u need a bunny zooka. atleast 88-100 support with a lvl 5 malf
if ur malf doesn't miss, u might just win in 2 turns
and since u have high support u might be lucky enough to actualy crit with the malf or aux.
thats probably the only way a tech mage can win. cause i just cant see a Tech mage winning any other way.
i seen many caster type mages but they all failed.

quote:

Here is what I think.I have a great idea!Try this out.

20 Strenght = 5% for damage reduced increases by 1% every 4 points.
20 Dexerity = 10% Block Chance and increases by 2% every 4 points.
20 Technology = 10% Chance to Stun enemy increase and increases by 2% every 4 points.
20 Support = 10% Critical Strike and Recued Stun chance.Chance increases and decreases by 2% every 4 points.
100 Agility = The same.

What do you guys think about this? Seems balanced right?

focus build would be spamed and would tear everything apart
and anyone with 80-100 dex plus shadow arts would be 50-60% block therefor OP
therefor ur idea fails.
also what lvl are u?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/5/2011 22:59:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
2/5/2011 23:00:16   
IsaiahtheMage

@Goldslayer level 30,27 and 23.I edited it now what do you think?

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 2/5/2011 23:01:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
2/5/2011 23:05:27   
goldslayer1

wow not even lvl 32.
u should atleast play a few thousand fights before proposing balance ideas
anyways still bad.
if that were to happen then turn hybrid into dex points instead.
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
2/5/2011 23:08:20   
IsaiahtheMage

@Goldslyer I have played a few thousands of fights.In total I player over 3500 fights.I dont need to be the highest level to propose my ideas.I think its good.It seems good to me.But hey thats my opinion.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 2/5/2011 23:09:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
2/5/2011 23:09:07   
goldslayer1

@above
no but u could get some more knowledge on the game before u do so
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
2/5/2011 23:10:39   
IsaiahtheMage

@above No need anyway lets get back on topic.
AQW Epic  Post #: 67
2/5/2011 23:13:00   
The Doctor

@Goldslayer1
Please do not disregard the ideas of others.
Isiah's idea is at least in detail, therefore it is worth consideration.

@IsiahtheMage
As far as I can tell, this would lead to people using the same sort of build... perhaps even the same class.
Wouldn't this make luck have more of an effect on all battles?

Thank you,
~The Doctor
Epic  Post #: 68
2/5/2011 23:18:10   
Xendran

@Goldslayer1: Knowledge of battles has nothing to do with knowledge of mathematical concepts.

@Everyone: I will fix a few skills later tonight.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 69
2/5/2011 23:24:54   
goldslayer1

@xendran he atleast how to know how the current game works to see if his "math" would work compared to the current system.
AQW Epic  Post #: 70
2/5/2011 23:25:20   
IsaiahtheMage

@The Doctor perhaps.But this seems like alower chance of luck causing people to use more skill instead of luck.The % are low at the begging but later they iincrease more by putting 4 Attribute points into each attrib 10 times(10 levels) should only increase the chances by about 10% or a little over only have a 20-25% chance plus the skills of course.Which will only result in about +30%Chance.Also to increase it by 30% it should be about 30 level ups resulting in a horrible build.
AQW Epic  Post #: 71
2/5/2011 23:29:07   
Xendran

Math is irrelevant to the current system. The current system is broken, so it should be discarded.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 72
2/5/2011 23:32:15   
goldslayer1

@xendran
u can just disregard the current system and put any random math system because u dont know if that will work. heck it might even be the same as it is now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
2/5/2011 23:32:45   
The Doctor

@Xendran
So you propose rebuilding from the ground up?
Hm... do you think that the game should take a break from updates for a while to get balance sorted out?

It's kind of a higher priority.
Then again, if everything was all pre-decided, actually implementing the solutions wouldn't take forever.

Thank you,
~The Doctor
Epic  Post #: 74
2/5/2011 23:40:36   
Master Volcon

@Ood
I agree with Xendran.
I think they should just shut down the releases for like a month. Then come out with a massive patch which changes everything. Just retrain everyone back to level 1 so you can change anything you want.
AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: A Comprehensive Balance Discussion
Page 3 of 13«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition