Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Rare items should be Luxery not Power

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Rare items should be Luxery not Power
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2011 14:27:51   
Crossor

I'm sure a few people have noticed that rare items are a source of power meaning there are certain ones that no weapon currently avilable can even compete with. I don't agree with this, I believe rare items should be desired for the fact there rare and there looks while being on PAR with the current released items not way above them. I understand that EpicDuels has pretty fast updates but those updates don't always promise items that will compete with what your looking for.

I think, you can use this thread A Comprehensive Balance Discussion to discuss for balancing. Thanks. :) ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 2/6/2011 5:45:35 >
Post #: 1
2/5/2011 14:36:37   
goldslayer1

thats ED for you.
what else can u expect?
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/5/2011 14:38:40   
Crossor

True, btw I want to add i'm not really qq about this it doesn't bother me that much I just think it's odd.
Post #: 3
2/5/2011 14:43:56   
Laos

I see where your coming and agree with you. Although with a game like Epicduel, having aesthetically pleasing items doesn't matter to most people.
If you had a given item, and under the current conditions a rare item was to come out, you would automatically consider buying it as it would be more powerful.
Most people wouldn't bother with the aesthetics.
However if you had an item, and under this idea of having it be a ''luxury'', a rare weapon came out that was on par with the one you already had, not many people would bother buying it, therefore AE would lose out.
Its a shame though, I think rares in this game aren't treasured enough. That's to be expected in a highly competitive PVP game though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/5/2011 15:06:44   
Drianx

I agree with you 100%, Crossor. I couldn't have imagined this statement would ever come from an Elite/Founder. Hats off for you, you are absolutely right IMHO.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/5/2011 16:06:33   
EE

I would like to see rare items only available after finishing quests or beating npc's etc. The team has said that quests will be coming to town, so this might happen. I myself am getting tired of the get-them-before-they're-gone shops. I'm not saying that I've not participated, but I think after the bunnyzooka release it was starting to get old for me. IMO it would be pretty cool to collect quest items and then take them to some sort of mechanic/engineer/alchemist and forge them into rare weapons. Sure, you can slap a varium price onto it, but then again, varium is a power source so it would fit right into this game story-wise. That way, rare's aren't just bought, they are earned.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 6
2/5/2011 17:22:11   
ED Prince of Shadows

I must agree... Rares leave me with little time to think things over. Many player who just turned level 32 have no weapons to upgrade. Rares should be harder to get. As stated above: you should work for your rares, like a quest. First things first, get weapons that stay, then use rares. Rares should only be desired because 1)They're rare 2)They have good looks 3)They have unique stat layouts?. Though I follow you, Crossor, I am not too conceded at this stage. (gamma testing, etc.)
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/5/2011 17:58:24   
Giras Wolfe

This game has way to many rares and a miniscule pool of constantly available items.

In the dev's defense we have been promised 10-20 non rares next week.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/5/2011 18:23:41   
EE

I'd much rather have new non rares released every other week than have new rares released as common as they are. The problem is AE sees a new holiday almost every month. Take MQ for example. That game is story driven, and yet in the 4 years I've been playing that game, I could sum up the story in about 5 minutes. They release more goodies for the sake of holidays instead of for the core story.

Let's see if I can get all the promotions they do. Dec-Jan are the Christmas and New Year's releases, Feb is the Valentine's, Mar is St. Pat's, Apr is Easter and April Fool's, May and June actually have story releases, July is Independence Days (yes plural), Aug and Sep have story releases, Oct is Halloween, Nov is Thanksgiving, and back again to Dec

So you can see how much holiday stuff can get released vs how much story stuff get's released. I don't mind it every now and then, but it can get repetitive with new holiday rares released so often.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 9
2/5/2011 21:53:41   
Crossor

Also an example of a weapon that NO weapon is even similar to in anyway is the Frostbolt Blaster, so in a sense that gun in itself is overpowered.
Post #: 10
2/5/2011 23:52:12   
orrthehunter

Meh seasonal rares are common in games like this. Take Adventure Quests Worlds for example. It has seasonal rares every month and limited time rares while still managing to progress in the storyline.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
2/6/2011 0:05:06   
Crossor

Your comparing a 99% pvp game to a 100% pve game? Ya... thats like comparing pokemon to epic duels.

(Also AQW PvP is a joke and items are pretty much all equal.)

< Message edited by Crossor -- 2/6/2011 0:18:50 >
Post #: 12
2/6/2011 1:05:58   
orrthehunter

I'm not comparing games but rare releases while they add normal things into the game. Yes they're strong but countless other games release seasonal rares as strong weapons because they're only available for that time and chances are that weapon won't be on sale next year but will be replaced by a different one that will be even stronger or equal of power or common cases the new seasonal weapons will be weaker.

AQW is a example of how they manage their releases being that they always bring in Seasonal rares and seasonal rare stats during AQW's beginning releases was similar to what ED went through being that seasonal rares were stronger on sale unless you use the enchantment to adjust their stats to a lower level to use.

< Message edited by orrthehunter -- 2/6/2011 1:13:57 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
2/6/2011 1:38:21   
Crossor

No one is questioning thats how things work, the topic is saying that the way it's done sucks.
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Rare items should be Luxery not Power
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition