Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Differences Between Classes, and the Solution to End All Solutions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Differences Between Classes, and the Solution to End All Solutions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2011 20:19:29   
Lectrix

Depending on how you look at it, the differences between Tech Mages, Bounty Hunters, and Mercs can be shocking. The differences are even greater when we factor in Varium. At the moment, Tech Mages appear to be the underdogs, struggling to pull off a few wins, failing, and turning to NPCs. Bounty Hunters are dominating 1v1 Battles... but that's likely to change soon. Mercs are destroying their opponents in 2v2; ironically, their greatest opponents are their allies, or rather, weak allies.

Ok, sure, I'm exaggerating a bit. There are plenty of successful Tech Mages, and not all Bounty Hunters and Mercs are overpowered. But EpicDuel clearly has Balance issues... MANY Balance issues. A non-Varium Tech Mage doesn't stand a chance against a Varium Merc, unless the factors of luck and chance come into play. A non-Varium Bounty Hunter would probably have a decent chance of beating a Varium Tech Mage. The situation is much more complicated in 2v2 Battles, where a match could potentially contain a Level 32 Player and a Level 17 Player.

So I propose the following; my solution to end all solutions.

I think EpicDuel needs separate Servers for each Class. This way, Players would stop complaining about other Classes, and would concentrate on their own Class specific problems instead.

The Class specific Servers would be optional, and would only allow a certain number of Players on at once, possibly around 200-250. The current Servers would still exist, for those who want to Duel Players of another Class, or when the Class specific Servers are full. Class Changes would be "locked" in some way on Class specific Servers.

This solution could end many of our current Balance Issues, for the time being at least.

What do YOU think?

I thought we already have a similar one, so let's just use in one area instead: A Comprehensive Balance Discussion. Thanks. :) ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 2/6/2011 5:31:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/5/2011 20:23:16   
orrthehunter

^ They'll probably add this if they add Job Advancement first.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
2/5/2011 20:25:58   
PD

Epicduel cannot be balanced until everything reaches an equilibrium from the mathematical side.Epicduel is all about math. However, I do see value in this idea.

Sad thing us, even if we balanced Epicduel to where everyone had a fair chance to win, in the end, there is a secret and terrible nature about balance.
Post #: 3
2/5/2011 20:27:35   
goldslayer1

they have unbalancement issues in AQW aswell
but u dont see any insane ideas for a seprate server for each class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/5/2011 20:27:46   
orrthehunter

^ more like planning your build since all builds have a weakness no matter how strong they look. All you need to do is find that weakness and determine how they fight through the build they use.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
2/5/2011 21:01:45   
IzzyluvsU
Banned

the game is unbalanced, There is no stopping it, No one can defeat the luck factor.

< Message edited by IzzyluvsUrMom -- 2/5/2011 21:02:44 >
Post #: 6
2/6/2011 0:23:26   
EE

haha make your chances equal by making everyone equal. How...red. Yes, it would work, but then the game would lose any value of uniqueness if everyone you ever faced was so similar to you. Epic duel with one class would be boring and droll. I'd stick with adding to the skill tree and buff/nerf existing skills to find balance. As a mage, I'd get bored quickly just fighting other mages.

A game like starcraft is an excellent example of choosing one of three classes and exploiting all the strength of your class and all the weaknesses of your opponent's to win. The creators of ED have the same idea in mind. It's just coming to that point which is difficult.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 7
2/6/2011 2:20:49   
edwardvulture

A nonvarium bounty has NO chance against a varium Mage. There is no nonvarium anti to strength builds. It is almost impossible to win against a varium person, this game highly favorable to varium purchase.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 2/6/2011 2:35:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Differences Between Classes, and the Solution to End All Solutions
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition