Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Consumables!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Consumables!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/22/2011 19:32:24   
Cyberbeast10

So what do you think about consumables like the energy and health boosters?
Do you think they are fair?
Do they annoy you when your enemy use them?
Do you find them worthless?
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/22/2011 19:34:51   
Competition

I don't mind when enemies use it. They're just wasting their credits on them.
I only use them for boss NPCs.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/22/2011 19:36:08   
frogbones
Banned

Using boosters is a sign of weakness.

That's a fact.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/22/2011 19:44:40   
Cyberbeast10

Comptetition@: Me too. And when I fight some lv.32 and I actually stand a chance (Lv.28, got to take the chance to beat them)
Above@: Only sign of weakness if you use it against an opponent that is either equal or weaker to you. Your already weak when you fight somebody 4 or 5 levels ahead of you.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/22/2011 19:46:35   
Master Volcon

I dont really care about them.
I rarely use them (too lazy to always buy and equip them). So if I lose... eh, its just 1 loss its not really a big deal
If they use them I dont really care unless I realize at the end that if they didnt boost I would have won... Then I get like T_T FML! lol jk

AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/22/2011 20:03:20   
He Who Lurks

I believe they're should be level 20 consumable packs. 25 health boost just doesn't it cut it anymore.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
2/22/2011 20:08:47   
IsaiahtheMage

I like to use them.I dont use them alot only sometimes.I think they should give more HP and MP because 25 EP isnt enough anymore with these lvl 32 beast running around.

@Frogbones No its not.Thats your opinion and that only.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/22/2011 20:28:22   
batisat669

Hmm in my opinion boosters was put in the game for a reason to help give u an advantage when u need it. I myself use boosters but I mainly use when I get hit with a crit or when I'm about to lose but can still win if use booster and I also carry it in case I face others who has it as well
Post #: 8
2/22/2011 20:28:57   
Avantir

I just think that at level 20 there should be better versions. Say, a 40 point Heal/Energy Recovery.

You want us to sneak into the Cap and rescue him?

Yes.

Oh. You aren't joking. You're crazy!
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 9
2/22/2011 20:44:57   
Soliqe

Consumable are indeed FAIR regardless what anyone thinks.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/22/2011 20:58:51   
3Xdoomd

As long as I have a couple with me to even
the playing field, it fine by me.
Post #: 11
2/22/2011 21:14:25   
frogbones
Banned

Regardless if they are "fair" or "in the game," you use them when you are unable to win without using them. Therefore, by definition, using boosters is an acknowledgement that your opponent is better.

< Message edited by frogbones -- 2/22/2011 21:17:30 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/22/2011 21:19:54   
IsaiahtheMage

@Frogbones so if your opponet is a lower lvl then you and gets lucky with crits and blocks even with low support and dex and your about to die there better then you?Even when without the luck you would pwn them?No.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/22/2011 21:34:02   
frogbones
Banned

True, but those factors occur infrequently. With those infrequent luck factors that you mentioned aside, overall using boosters is admission of being outdueled.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/22/2011 21:40:26   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I used to use them quite frequently at lower levels, but stopped around level 20 and just tried playing better so i didn't have the need to use one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/22/2011 22:11:31   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

Using boosters is a sign of weakness.

That's a fact.

I really don't get why so many people have this type of attitude towards boosters. Okay, I understand spamming Health Boosters just to extend a losing battle is pointless but boosters also have the ability to reverse the battle if you use them at the right moment.

Anyone can buy and use boosters so if anything, they are probably one of the fairest aspects of combat. Not everyone can afford Varium, or enhancements or the best equipment, but having 2 boosters on hand is something everyone can afford to do. You're just handicapping yourself if you don't carry them.

I've had more than one occasion where an Energy Booster made the difference between a win and a loss. It's not being weak; it's called playing smart, and part of that is utilizing every tool that's given to you.

----
And on the topic of increasing the health & energy of boosters: I think what we currently have is powerful enough. We don't want boosters to completely trivialize Field Medic.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/22/2011 22:17:44   
PhoenixGladiator

The Mercenary 5 focus build is pretty much built for boosters. Without them, a good 5 focus build is maybe 85% win. With them, a good 5 focus build is at least 90%.

Saying that "boosters are a sign of weakness" is almost as bad as saying "no healz. healing is for newbz." They are in the game for you to use. I don't think my 98% win rate shows weakness and I use a lot of boosters.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/22/2011 22:20:08   
Larcell

^ Ditto what PhoneixGlaiator said.

Epic  Post #: 18
2/22/2011 22:32:58   
frogbones
Banned

Feel free to think you are "smarter" or more strategic than me because you boost. However, logic still dictates that if you boost, you were outdueled (up to that point) by your opponent. There is just no getting around it, lol.

And @ Phoenix: If you are a 5 Focus Gamma Bot Merc AND you use boosters, all I can say is yuck. 45-45 Gamma Bot builds are the scourge of this game.

< Message edited by frogbones -- 2/22/2011 22:34:59 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/22/2011 23:00:29   
The Doctor

@frogbones
Hm... if you use a booster but win the battle, then who was outdueled?
You or your opponent?

Something to think about, because boosters are part of the duel.
Besides, some people just boost out of paranoia, not because their opponent was "better" than them.

Thank you,
~The Doctor
Epic  Post #: 20
2/22/2011 23:18:58   
eragonshadeslayer67

I use it if I can win with them, I always equip them just in case but if some lucky noob gets 2 crits on me then yea I won't waste my time with consumables
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
2/23/2011 3:37:41   
TurkishIncubus

Booster is the main thing in my strategy , Booster isnt the sign of weakness , i think its the sign of being pro . Booster can change battle completely , if you dont use them you only make your self weaker.

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 2/23/2011 3:42:51 >

Epic  Post #: 22
2/23/2011 4:57:25   
Cookielord12

all heal boosters suck because these days people can hit well over 25
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/23/2011 6:56:02   
Larcell

@CookieLord

So I assume you can't hit over 25?

Signature removed. Please do not use your signature more than once per page. ~SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 2/23/2011 7:28:05 >
Epic  Post #: 24
2/23/2011 7:27:07   
SMGS

I don't see a huge problem with boosters.
Their not that expensive, everyone can use them.
It could save you a loss as well.

I don't feel that it's a sign of weakness at all.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Consumables!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition