Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mercenary's are overpowered

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mercenary's are overpowered
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/1/2011 8:42:36   
T.600

quote:

IKR, when do you ever see people complaining about a Mage build being Oped?

When they come up against me :p. Lol just joking, mages are balanced!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
4/1/2011 8:47:10   
TankMage

@T , You are def OPed ;D

AQ Epic  Post #: 27
4/1/2011 9:45:35   
BlueKatz

Mage is balanced, but also the weakest in game and half of Mage skill is seriously UP

I fail to see why some people complain about Mer being not OP, that's just because people using STR Mer, Str Mer trade their power for fast, just like Plasma Bolt Mage get killed if they can't kill enemy. Fair trade (and best trade in game cuz Mer will get best speed and very high win rate with just a simple build)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
4/1/2011 10:20:09   
IsaiahtheMage

No class is OPed its the skills and the builds that make them OP and no nerfs! Geesh sick of all the nerfs!. Wait you think Mages is OPed are you mad? If you think their OPed I wont take anything you say seriously about being OPed or Uped. When was the last time anyone said they where pounded by a Mage? Because I dont recall.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 4/1/2011 10:24:45 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
4/2/2011 5:18:39   
jarrenh1

Please no more nerfs, everytime talk about nerfs come up the first to get nerfed are the bounties
AQ  Post #: 30
4/2/2011 6:41:40   
OhMyGoshness

quote:

No class is OPed its the skills and the builds that make them OP

LMAO THAT'S why they are OP because their SKILLS and BUILD possibilities are OP..
Epic  Post #: 31
4/2/2011 7:41:18   
Competition

^ Yes because a merc with Max Atom Smasher and Maul with a sword is OP.
[/endsarcasm]

EDIT: @below, IF they take advantage of the skill, via builds. So your argument is invalid.

< Message edited by Competition -- 4/2/2011 8:34:45 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
4/2/2011 8:25:03   
OhMyGoshness

^ They're only OP if they take advantage of the skill -_-.. Anyway what's the point of the sarcasm? Its not like i was wrong.. Think before you post people

< Message edited by OhMyGoshness -- 4/2/2011 8:29:06 >
Epic  Post #: 33
4/2/2011 9:19:33   
PivotalDisorder

when every other 2v2 fight is 3 artillery strike mercs that doesnt tell you something ?
when was the last time you saw 3 multi bounty hunters in a 2v2 fight ? or the last time you saw 3 plasma rain mages in a 2v2 fight ?

with agility limiting either ur health or ur res/def it makes artillery strike so devastating. forces you to either create a build to take
energy from mercs or just gotta hope you can survive those first few turns. and ofc they also get a big aux attack from the support.
Post #: 34
4/2/2011 10:22:22   
Petroslav

I got a Mercenary and i don't find it overpowered compared to others. Mages with good builds are able to kill me within 2 turns if i don't boost, or heal. Bounty Hunters with proper skills and combos are able to kill me too.

Like some above said, it's all about good building.
Post #: 35
4/2/2011 10:43:40   
BlueKatz

^ I guess you have a bad build for your Mer

Tell me, "how" is your Mer?

Since my Alt Mer have only 100 loses at level 27
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
4/2/2011 11:14:31   
PivotalDisorder

500 wins 106 losses by the time i reached 27 on my merc.
and all i had was max hybrid, level 5 intimidate and after i had over 350 wins, bunkerbuster
Post #: 37
4/2/2011 14:01:49   
InceptionAE

Um.. make a build that owns us mercs? You dont have to whine, and other words no one really cares.

ED~ Inception X
HS~ Chromium
AQW~ Deathblad
AQ3D~ Violent

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
4/2/2011 14:25:38   
PivotalDisorder

@DungeonHunter: fail logic. sorry but A LOT of people care, even alot of mercs care.

Mercs have 2 incredibly powerful builds that almost every player is capable of using with ease and they dominate
2v2 with the support+artillerystrike+aux build and can 2 turn kill you in 1v1 with the strength+maul+berzerker build.

in the majority of 2v2 matches i do its 2 support mercs on the other team and I cannot EMP both, I cannot Assimilate
both, i can probably reduce some of the damage on me by buffing my dex or using defence matrix but thats 2 artillery
strikes hitting 30-70 each. then you're forced to heal which means one of ur team dies or is almost dead and gets hit
30-60 with an aux attack.

now bounty hunters have one OP build, strength+smoke+massacre and I have no issue with some kind of nerf being
applied to that too. i dont use it personally but makes sense to do something about the strength stackers in general.

mages just dont have an OP build that can be used by the masses. the top players can make builds that work for them.

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 4/2/2011 14:27:35 >
Post #: 39
4/2/2011 14:40:38   
TurkishIncubus

Str Merc imposible to Kill without Block , for me its enough to say they are OPED

Epic  Post #: 40
4/2/2011 14:47:12   
matteo234

quote:

Mercs have 2 incredibly powerful builds that almost every player is capable of using with ease and they dominate
2v2 with the support+artillerystrike+aux build and can 2 turn kill you in 1v1 with the strength+maul+berzerker build.

in the majority of 2v2 matches i do its 2 support mercs on the other team and I cannot EMP both, I cannot Assimilate
both, i can probably reduce some of the damage on me by buffing my dex or using defence matrix but thats 2 artillery
strikes hitting 30-70 each. then you're forced to heal which means one of ur team dies or is almost dead and gets hit
30-60 with an aux attack.

now bounty hunters have one OP build, strength+smoke+massacre and I have no issue with some kind of nerf being
applied to that too. i dont use it personally but makes sense to do something about the strength stackers in general.

mages just dont have an OP build that can be used by the masses. the top players can make builds that work for them.

fortunately enough, to combat those who are strength builds, all you need are decent enough defences, seen as they seem to sacrifice their own defences/support in favor of more strength. if youre a mage, have high dex, and put your armor on energy resist, and keep a defence matrix and/or technician handy. If you're a bounty, i guess you could probably do the opposite - high tech, phys. armor and have energy shield and/or reflex boost. They are survivable, they dont stun often or crit often, and if they do, a decent heal will sort things out enough for you to finish them. Problem mainly solved.
support builds can be treated in the same way with a moderate support and assimilate - yeah, your partner may die, but only if his defences are too weak, and its normally simple enough to keep them alive long enough to finish one person straight after, heal and get to work on the next one. Support builds either have a low strength or low defences, these can both be used to best effect when possible.

5 focus mercs are hard, they are build like tanks, and can robot devastatingly -> although that isnt such an issue with a malfunction and decent defences, and assimilate to throw their build off balance if they try to heal and use a decen skill. they are able to kill at a decent rate, and some of the best ones can kill very often, but these sort of builds can be countered by adapting to the situation as much as possible

Im not going to say these are easy, but they arent the completely deadly things people seem to scare us with comments saying.
However, i can see how a bounty hunter would struggle in 2v2 without a decent-ish build

and strength- smoke -> massacre arent that deadly to mages, simply defence matrix, malf and assimilate at appropriate times and you can be fine.
2v2 is more dominated by those who have decent partners and actually know how to adapt their builds for the best effect, to those who just go with the flow.

although what is a shame is that so many are falling into these 'commoners' builds, whereas before they found these tactics the game had more variety and nearly every build had a easy to spot strength and weakness..

You're looking for something that doesn't exist.
We can't explain it, but whatever it was has
disappeared and may never be seen again.
Some say it may have never existed at all....
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 41
4/2/2011 15:30:41   
PivotalDisorder

@Matteo: I completely agree with ur post, just as always these tactics and battle plans are for intelligent players. and i dont mean they are any
more intelligent as people, just in regards to the game, tactics, builds, weaknesses and strengths. the majority always gravitate to the cheapest,
most effective builds that require little thought. alot of them make so many mistakes that you can capitalise on but they still are very dangerous
in most fights, especially when its two vs zero [mercs]. I dont think two classes should have to spend hours working on builds to counter 2 merc
builds, which can just be copied from thousands of other mercs in the game within 5 minutes of logging in. Ill never be convinced a nerf wont help.

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 4/2/2011 15:31:31 >
Post #: 42
4/2/2011 16:20:12   
skater18

Its not the classes tht should be nerfed. its just tht ppl make good builds,and everyone starts using it.Like the str hunter (smoke/mass+str) and some ppl found a way to beat it. Str merc,is pretty tough but there not impossible to beat. To me,as a merc, I think tech mages shoudl have a boost.There getting pretty weak.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
4/2/2011 18:09:26   
PivotalDisorder

id reduce the damage on artillery strike. 1 turn warmup on all stun skills [maul, overload and stun grenade] and buff supercharge,
plasma rain and multi to match up with artillery strike. and id cap str,dex,tech and sup at 65 [i think]
Post #: 44
4/2/2011 18:17:36   
matteo234

I have come up with a different solution - buff all the skill that arent worth it anymore
e.g overload, plasma rain, multi-shot, stun grenade..
it might also encourage more variety in these classes' builds, seen as at the moment most people who use these skills on a regular basis seem to have more losses than wins (judging only by the last few weeks of pvping in 2v2, others who disagree can say) and im sure more variety in builds would be a great thing to see.
Caps on stats may discourage variety, focus and agility are meant to lower all those who try these insane builds to start with, so im against a stat cap.
But this is just my own opinions..
This would hopefully make mercs seem less 'overpowered' and make for more interesting playing

You're looking for something that doesn't exist.
We can't explain it, but whatever it was has
disappeared and may never be seen again.
Some say it may have never existed at all....
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 45
4/2/2011 18:19:49   
veneeria

If the mercenary and techmage classes are overpowered then i am a godlike-powered bounty hunter.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
4/2/2011 18:50:14   
BlueKatz

BH is annoying but not so OP, yes I think their Smoky is a little strong compare to other skill, anti Weapon purposely but not really that good against some other. I believe if I can hand BH formula I will reduce Smoke effect and boost Poison, compare to other Reflex Boost give freaking OP stat, it should be nerf too

But Mer is still the biggest OP face, if must, I will have to deal with:
BB, sickest skill in this game
Multi, freaking strong
Atom, super cheap with impressive effect
Stun, freaking strong with 20% ignore
Hybrid, super strong skill.. why can't it bt 10 or 5-5 in both Defense and Resistant
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 47
4/3/2011 14:16:02   
Lord Coake

Look, its like this merc is a little OP, mage is UP, and BH block a little to much thats all there is to it. now if you need me imma go get me a samwich
AQW  Post #: 48
4/3/2011 20:07:47   
Wraith

quote:

@lord
then thats 80%
if u can beat str merc 80% of the time i dont see how they are OP.
even then atom smasher with low strengh can do over 30
i remember my support build with a maul and sometimes i used atom smaher and it would do around 29 energy drain.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 3/31/2011 17:06:32 >

The other 4 battles were against:

2 level 26 bounty hunters with Emperor Blade
1 level 29 caster tech mage, i flipped hybrid armor, I had 22-27+8+13+1=44-49 resistance, he was casting for 20 damage on Bolt, 14 damage on overload, and 17 on Multi. I killed him with Bunker Buster.
1 level 23 Bounty Hunter with Light Blades, that was so lucky.

So, with a bunch of easy people, you cannot use that as "Beating STR mercs." And god, of course I can;t do a lot on Atmo Smasher, I had 7-9+20+3 damage. What is 46% of that? Assuming strike was 31, 31*0.46=14.26(14-15). Drained damage was 14. Now I use a str build, and use it specifically for Stunning and Atom Smash and Bunker Buster.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
4/5/2011 13:20:51   
PivotalDisorder

have a look at the daily 1v1 leaderboard now. all str maul mercs. I know cause ive fought them all last few days.
I dont think it will be too long before BHs start sliding down the all time leaderboards too especially with the celtic club being available.

only 2 tech mages on the alltime 1v1 leaderboard if you dont count dax [who changed class] and all the mercs have cyber shilleagh [sp?]

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 4/5/2011 13:24:33 >
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mercenary's are overpowered
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition