Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mercenary's are overpowered

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mercenary's are overpowered
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/7/2011 16:12:54   
TurkishIncubus

Mercs and Bhs is Balanced classes

Lets come why i said this

BHs:
1)5 Focus Dex abuse build : +%95 win rate but slow

2)STR build : +%85 win rate and Fast

Mercs:
1)5 Focus Tech Abuse build:+%90 win rate but slow

2)STR Merc:%80 win rate and Super Fast

These 2 classes has their 1 fast kill build and 1 high win rate build so ppl in this classes can do what they want but Mages got Nothing :S all of their builds are slow and its not has good rate for slow build.

Mercs is not OPED , BHs is Not OPED only Mages Need Buff

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 4/7/2011 16:13:44 >

Epic  Post #: 76
4/7/2011 16:13:55   
Competition

^ Agreed.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 77
4/7/2011 16:52:55   
PivotalDisorder

sorry but most top mercs take a sht on the bhs. so id say mercs SUPER OP, bhs OP, mages UP
Post #: 78
4/7/2011 17:02:11   
goldslayer1

quote:

1)5 Focus Dex abuse build : +%95 win rate but slow

2)STR build : +%85 win rate and Fast

Mercs:
1)5 Focus Tech Abuse build:+%90 win rate but slow

2)STR Merc:%80 win rate and Super Fast

dude look at some example str/dex BH with 80-88 strength and 81-87 dex.
(like dax's BH build)
wins at 90% to 95%
whole the experienced str merc wins at 85%-90%
inexperienced str BH wins at 85%- 90%
while inexperienced str merc wins at 80%-85

overall BH is slightly more OP seeing how they have slight speed difference but higher winrates on BH.

also ur kinda forgetting dex monkey BH where they have like 120 dex with max SA
and block everything.
and then again also tank mercs. altho they dont block like crazy and regain massive hp after every rage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 79
4/7/2011 17:19:48   
PivotalDisorder

my issue is we HAVE to block to stand any chance. thats literally the only way you can beat a str merc.
who the hell wants to create a build which is based solely around blocking ? str mercs hold their breath each time they maul or berzerker
hoping to see the magical "Stun" floating text or damage. and we are doing the same hoping to see the magical "Block" floatin text appear

I hate it.

they stun and Berzerker becomes an unblockable. the hardest hitting skill unblockable and still people are debating this ?
cheap shot needs to crit to do anything even close to berzerker and massacre/supercharge have 3 turn warmups.

if they are keeping first turn stuns then put berzerker at the bottom instead of blood shield and 3 turn warmup.
I know this leaves surgical strike with a 3 turn warmup too so thats an issue that would have to be changed .
Post #: 80
4/7/2011 17:29:27   
goldslayer1

@jeha in that case make smoke a 3 turn warm up.
then they wouldn't block as much.

but in all seriousness BH are more OP compared to merc.
we may be able to tank. but no other class can be at the verge of loosing and then go on a blocking streak long enough for the BH to regain full hp from bloodlust. and 5 focus too with decent support so they crit too.

did i mention that BH can hit just as much as a strength merc if they smoke u?
example
80 strength is 20-24 +32 = 52- 56 if enemy had zero defense
now with a smoke that reduce 30 or more it increase their damage by 10
if its 33 smoke then it increase by 11 if it were 36 smoke then it increase by 12.
oh but wait. most BH have 30 support and 30 tech so they have 2 focus and they hit 2 extra damage, while we strength merc have no focus at all.
so basically str BH hit just as much as str merc if they smoke, and also raise their block at the same time, while reducing enemy chances of blocking. thats pretty OP to me.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/7/2011 17:31:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 81
4/7/2011 17:31:12   
TurkishIncubus

@goldslayer1

Its not experienced-Inxperienced , its Founder+ Bunny players - Non founder + No Bunny players

Founders Always be more good in every build so its not suprize that they will have better rate.And before These STR mercs i got +%90 win rate with str build but now 2 hit KO s decreased my rate :S
Epic  Post #: 82
4/7/2011 17:32:52   
goldslayer1

@turkish
i can make a build thats just as effective as founder bunny without founder and bunny zooka.
same stats at 80-88 and 81-87 dex with 125 hp.
but theres a slight problem to it......
AQW Epic  Post #: 83
4/7/2011 17:52:55   
PivotalDisorder

@Goldslayer: their gun is also effected by str, isnt blockable and the better str mercs use it to soften you up incase you do block.
I agree with you for the most part about bhs blocking alot, but I still think they added shadowarts rather than nerfing something
that would make str mercs alot less OP. I HAVE to use level 8+ shadowarts to give me a chance and Id rather not be using it at all
and I use a poison build [just for a change] but still have to level 5 smoke every str merc to give myself a chance to block.

So im not arguing to save shadowarts/smoke screen and nerf mercs. I just want it to be more balanced. they can remove shadowarts
and nerf smoke for all I care if its no longer essential to combat the cheapest fastest build in the game. Of course if all strength mercs
then became support mercs I'd cry too. I'd love to be in charge of tweaking skills and Im sure all the good players could do a good job

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 4/7/2011 17:53:34 >
Post #: 84
4/7/2011 20:11:50   
Lectrix

Guys, Blocking is a CHANCE! What are the odds that a Bounty Hunter will "be at the verge of loosing and then go on a blocking streak long enough for the BH to regain full hp from bloodlust."?!?

Smoke Screen uses up one turn, and is less efficient against Mercs because of Hybrid Armor. My Bounty Hunter often ends up getting blocked or doing minimum damage when he uses Smoke Screen on Mercs.

Mercs also have two other, equally strong Builds: 5 Focus Tech and Support. What's a Bounty Hunter supposed to do about those builds?

The problem here? With the right build, Mercs can beat any Class with any Build. They might not always be using the "right" Build, but they can still (potentially) defeat any opponent. Can Tech Mages or Bounty Hunters say the same? I didn't think so. After all, do Tech Mages or Bounty Hunters have three completely different, yet equally powerful Builds at their fingertips?

It's like this: We have 5 different "Classes". There's the Tech Mages, Bounty Hunters, Strength Mercs, Support Mercs, and 5 Focus Tech Mercs.

Balance wise, EpicDuel is pretty messed up.

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 4/7/2011 20:13:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
4/7/2011 20:18:35   
jegaggin

@jeh im a str merc (see below) most of the time our guns get deflected and do about 19 dmg -20 dmg..
@ gold i agree while i was fighting even if i debuffed their smoke screen i could be blocked by a lvl 27 with 17-21 defense and max arts (i have 23-28). I was blocked about 5 times in a row but luckily i raged quicker
hello i just won the leaderboard with a str merc and i got 72% which i have to say isnt very good. To win a good percentage and a good amount takes dedication nothing more.

< Message edited by jegaggin -- 4/7/2011 21:11:39 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
4/7/2011 20:43:25   
voidance

I'm on the leaderboards atm with 260 wins 81%, so its not that bad for a fast kill build.
AQW Epic  Post #: 87
4/7/2011 21:16:49   
Lectrix

And as usual, I'm completely ignored by the Mercs, who (for some reason) are still claiming that they're not overpowered

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 4/7/2011 21:18:40 >

Le Chevalier Mal Fet (AQ)
Lectrix (HS)

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure. ~Rowena Raven
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
4/7/2011 21:40:15   
Competition

When I'm playing as a support merc, BHs are the ones always getting me because of EMP nade.
I would trade bunker buster + Atom Smasher + Field commander just for that godly skill ..

@Below,
When your a support merc, and at least 33 energy is taken away, your done.

< Message edited by Competition -- 4/7/2011 21:52:35 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 89
4/7/2011 21:50:03   
Lectrix

@Above: That's not saying much if you never use those Skills... besides, EMP has its drawbacks. Bounty Hunters lose Energy and a turn, while Mercs can perform a different attack.

Edit: Since when does EMP Grenade take away 33 Energy? Most Bounty Hunters that I've seen have EMP Grenade at Level 1, and you'd need a heck of a lot of Tech to make a Level 1 EMP Grenade take away 33 Energy.

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 4/8/2011 1:37:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mercenary's are overpowered
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition