Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Zyrain's AE Quests

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> Zyrain's AE Quests
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/2/2011 9:32:51   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

Here is my collection of AE-themed quests. Feel free to post any comments and other feedback.

< Message edited by Zyrain -- 3/2/2017 12:04:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/1/2011 14:21:08   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

After quite a while, I have a new piece!
  • The White Mage of Arcangrove
    It's about the tower of magic as seen in AQWorlds and what happened to it after one of Warlic's old apprentices became possessed.
    Comments and constructive criticism are welcome. :)
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    9/3/2011 19:03:53   
      Zyrain
    The Arcane

I've written another two quests. Both part of "Something In The Water...".
  • Part 1: Ripple Effect and Part 2: The Source.
    I wrote them because I felt Aquella has possibly the least involvement compared to the other NPCs in Battleon. Admittedly it's not one of my best quests, however it was still fun to do!

< Message edited by Zyrain -- 9/3/2011 19:05:01 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    2/16/2013 16:22:44   
      Zyrain
    The Arcane

After over a year of not venturing into L&L, I have finally written another quest!

Paxia's Void

I'd like to think that this is my best, and favourite, quest up to date. :)
    Though please feel free to leave comments and constructive criticism!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    2/16/2013 17:12:41   
    araxia

Um...Shouldn't your stories go in the quest suggestion thread?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    2/16/2013 17:20:58   
      Zyrain
    The Arcane

Nope, not necessarily. We're allowed to post quests in L&L as it's still a part of literature. :)
    Besides, my quests wouldn't really do any good in a suggestion thread as what I write not what the AQ team are looking for.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    11/23/2013 17:16:04   
      Zyrain
    The Arcane

New trilogy of quests! Though this time they're for DragonFable. Based on the same character from my AQ quest "The White Mage of Arcangrove".
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    11/24/2013 9:04:22   
      Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Zyrain: I read a little bit on your stories featuring "Whitewind". For one, I think you mean to say she's an archmage/Archmage rather than an ArchMage. Warlic is an archmage so he couldn't train her to become an ArchMage and there are only two fully trained ArchMages who are currently teaching little children. (You can read up on that in the orange book found in the library of Isle d'Oriens. You will need to click another book before it will reveal itself to you, however.)

About the DF stories, I thought they were pretty good with the balance and the whole elemental dissonance theme they had to them. In the end the moral of the story took me by surprise though, the darkness realm having been brought to the brink of extinction with the death of the darkness spirits made the claim of Celeritas feel like she had an ulterior motive and had used whitewind in her war with Voidstar.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
    3/2/2014 9:42:38   
      Zyrain
    The Arcane

Lionfang's Saga
    A six-part quest chain for DragonFable. I chose to write a saga on the character of Lionfang as he's one of my favorite NPCs from AQWorlds, and I felt that his past could be explored in greater detail.

I really wanted to make the character of Lionfang loved by the readers/players, so that his decent into madness is more saddening as this is a character that the Hero saved and then watched grow into this respected general.

I also desired to touch on some philosophical notes, with Lionfang's ideals: a belief of absolutes, where good can only be good and evil can only be evil. There's no in between and you can never change.

There's probably still a lot of work to be done in areas of the saga, so I'd love to hear some feedback. :)
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    3/2/2014 12:55:22   
      Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

<Charcter>: You're in safe hands now.

I'd change this into "good" for maximum effect when you find out Sir Rotiart, especially since you want to touch on the philosophical side of the subject "good".

quote:

Maximilian Lionfang: After revealing Rotiart as the traitor, the gracious King Alteon promoted me to a General within the Swordhaven Guard.

<Remove it>/the rank of

I am not sure if you want to say "Captain within the Swordhaven Guard" or "General within the Swordhaven Army". I know that it is "General Lionfang" and the "Swordhaven Guard", but generals tend to command entire armies and it are armies which you'd probably need to fight undead invasions. Though if you want to have a little fun with the situation you can say that with the obliteration of Swordhaven's armies at Falconreach by Xan the Swordhaven Guard is pretty much the army and a general is only a general in title in true Dragonfable fashion (of jokes).

A point which immediately stands out is that this saga seems spread out over, at least, two Books of Dragonfable. The youth who was defeated by bandits needs training and time to evolve into a champion in his own right, that much is certain. It'd be a good way to label each quest for in which book it plays.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 10
    3/2/2014 13:45:51   
      Zyrain
    The Arcane

Thank you for your feedback, Dwelling!

I've changed "You're in safe hands now" to "You're in good hands now" like you've suggested, as it is a great link to the philosophical and foreshadowing nature of these quests -- thanks for spotting that!

Right, that is true. I do want to keep the title of General for Lionfang, so I have changed it to "Swordhaven army" in that line, as you are correct. I believe I initially stuck with the Swordhaven Guard, as the Guard and Army would obviously be very different. However, from this quest (part 4 and onward), there isn't any mention of the Guard, so, it could work out that he was promoted from a respected knight within the Guard, to a general within the Army.

As for the timeline spanning in this saga, I actually intended it to all be within Book 3. Months apart, in fact. Perhaps I need to word it more carefully, but the intention was for Lionfang to always be a young man. Just he starts off as an innocent, defenseless and scrawny lad (the reason why he's labelled a "boy"), before transforming into this active, strong knight.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    3/2/2014 14:37:35   
      Dwelling Dragonlord

In that case I would include a scene saying "A few months later" and showing Lionfang being made member of the Swordhaven Guard.

Just out of curiosity, does he change uniforms after being promoted to general or did he always have that golden armour in your quests?
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
    3/2/2014 15:01:10   
      Zyrain
    The Arcane

I suppose I can work on transitions. I'll play around with it and see if I can incorporate them. Thanks for the idea!

My concept was for Lionfang to have 3 main looks: the first being when he was nothing more than a villager, when you first meet him (Quest 1). Then in a generic Swordhaven Knight uniform, though perhaps customized to have some Lion-themed accessories (Quests 2-3). Lastly, his armor as a general within the army, resembling the golden armor he is best known for (Quests 4-6). This is why I have written in 3 different guests for the saga: Maximilian, Sir Maximilian, General Lionfang.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> Zyrain's AE Quests
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition