Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: I Found the Answer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: I Found the Answer
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/8/2011 10:33:37   
ambien

wow again ppl are crying about looses well ppl it is part of the game. remb this is a 1v1 and a 2v2 game.
it is not like aqw . we play to fight each other. quest have just started on epic now. if this was a on going quest like the rest of the games
the looses would not matter but it is not.
so please just leave it the way it is

always the SyFy
Post #: 126
4/8/2011 10:44:30   
Fay Beeee

I like to see both wins and losses.
(I have always ignored my losses anyway)

1 There would be no point in fighting if you did not see your journey to where you are now. You're struggles, failures and triumphs.
imo What would you have learnt?

2 When you recruit someone with only wins, how would you know whether they are good or bad fighters.?

3 It is there as a reminded of how you have improved (or not) and is part of life. No one can win all the time

So after a great deal of thinking about this one (and I have read all the posts)
I do not support
Epic  Post #: 127
4/8/2011 11:00:08   
TurkishIncubus

@Fay Beeee

I dont agree with your second sentences , high win rate doesnt mean how player is good. Maybe he/she did 5000 wins with NPC and 0 loses :S , For me good player means fast wins thats why i will change Merc today :) if update come late than tomorrow :D

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 4/8/2011 11:01:10 >

Epic  Post #: 128
4/8/2011 11:32:50   
BBA322

#1 People already do make what builds they desire, regardless of what the outcome might be in their matches. It may be a fun build, a competitive, or something unorthodox. Point remains that regardless of you taking out a players' losses, builds have always been made. How else would we have what we have now if they didn't? This isn't some "Call of Duty" game....

#2 People have their wins and losses skewed by NPC wins? OH-NOES, it's SO bad. If a player judges another player based on their win/loss record, then there is already something wrong with YOU the player judging said player, not the GAME.
EDIT: Don't forget about 2v2 in relation to NPC win-loss ratio over inflation...

#3 Even if a person's record wasn't shown to the masses or they themselves, there would still be complaining about losses and wins over this and that. Everyone has their own thoughts of each of the individual classes on how they counter one another, not disregarding things such as: build, items, level, experience, etc.

It's the random factor in the game that ticks people off to-be-honest. Age-old problem that anyone who has been around long enough to read and learn about knows of, which hopefully learned to get over. One can have the best setup they've imagined, and still lose to some random build's luck success rate. We all take losses, and there's always going to be a reason for them. It doesn't matter what you eliminate from the game that you think alludes to being the problem... one will STILL be there after-wards.

Ah muh gawd I lost! Now I won't get more credits!? *sadface*

--end rant--

< Message edited by BBA322 -- 4/8/2011 11:37:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 129
4/8/2011 13:07:52   
Drakeh

I agree. Remove loses.
AQ DF  Post #: 130
4/8/2011 13:14:24   
Fay Beeee

@BBA332
quote:

If a player judges another player based on their win/loss record, then there is already something wrong with YOU the player judging said player, not the GAME.

Well looks like there is something wrong with me then.
Epic  Post #: 131
4/8/2011 13:54:14   
edwardvulture

^
When I recruit thats what I look at. But an idea that popped up that corresponds with this is to show your daily percentage instead of you lose streak.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 132
4/8/2011 14:20:14   
ambien

well fay said the right thing right on fay ppl just dnt get it. ed is a 1v1 and a 2v2. if your dnt like the way the games keeps records well then you can not play no more real simple is it not. dnt kill a good thing please. just take it on the chin like we all do.

always the SyFy
Post #: 133
4/8/2011 15:20:31   
B9000

I think that while some who have worked hard on their records may be willing to give them up, many will not consent, nor should they be forced to. However, people shouldn't stress over their 1v1 record as with the amount of NPCing that goes on 1v1 records have become practically meaningless. Even those with amazing records who never NPC, nobody will ever know if they obtained it through hard work. Thats why I personally am more impressed by those with a 2v2 wining record in the upper 60%'s+ than a 1v1 record with 90%+.

That being said, I would agree that having an outlet for people to play with unique builds or not worry about their record could be beneficial. Simply have a login mode where both wins a losses dont count towards your record. With this option people can essentially prevent any further losses if they so desire, however it will come with the tradoff that they dont gain wins either.

For the people who started off with a horrible record and are so determined to erase it, perhaps have a record reset option, which will wipe out one's entire record (wins included). Then people can get a fresh start without having to create another character and lose varium/weapons/credits/XP.

< Message edited by B9000 -- 4/8/2011 15:41:34 >
Epic  Post #: 134
4/8/2011 15:32:55   
Dax
Remember The Name

B9000's suggestion makes a lot of sense to me. Many other games offer a record reset option along with a name change option. However I don't agree that losses should be removed and wins left in place. Losing is part of a PvP game. If your pride won't permitt you to take a loss gracefully, stick to npcs.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 135
4/8/2011 17:37:23   
xxmirxx

dax just doing NPC gets boring. I think problem is that non varium players just don't want to fight varium players.
AQ Epic  Post #: 136
4/8/2011 19:33:03   
  Nightwraith

I'm actually quite intrigued by this, and I see some good points on both sides, so I'll cast in my .02.

Losses can be just as important as wins for showing player development and skill. It keeps balance against an otherwise endless stream of victories. It would also remove tension from battle, since a visible record of the defeat is a real incentive to be the victor. Less tension = less feeling of triumph for a victory.

That said, the best way to satisfy all parties would be to provide an option to show/hide the complete record. This should probably be a privilege earned over time, though, and a faction recruiter could always ask to see the record for admission purposes. It seems that there should be a trade-off for showing only wins vs. a complete record, but I'm not sure what that could be.
Post #: 137
4/8/2011 19:36:35   
Sparticus

Suggestion: Choose not to show your record and your wins earn less coin. Here at ED we pay for information LOL
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 138
4/8/2011 21:09:53   
Khannibal

I'd be interested to see, maybe a prestige sort of mode implemented, every 2000 wins you can reset your counter and start from scratch earning an award, kill ratio wise, not account wise. But many players would have an issue with this system. I lost so many battles until level 30 on my main account, and my ratio of about 3.5:1 is not a realistic reflection of how I do in recent plays. Or how about this Nightwraith, you may reset your win/loss ratio based on how long you have played, those who have played for over a year may reset them right away, this gives players the incentive to play the game longer, striving to beat your personal record.

There are multiple flaws with these theories of course, but nothing your skilled mind's could not handle, right? ;]

~Khannibal

Your sig has been Dusted/M4B'd
Do not post "Click Me" referral, viral, or any other type of signatures.
Detailed Sig Guide
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 139
4/11/2011 4:18:11   
goldslayer1

@khannibal or just the ability to reset the record whenever they want.
obviously people who are in the leaderboard MAY loose their spots depends on how it works.
i mean if i were on it i would not give up all those wins for an extra 10% winrate.
AQW Epic  Post #: 140
4/11/2011 4:35:19   
xxmirxx

above agree
AQ Epic  Post #: 141
4/11/2011 4:40:37   
skeletondude

i really don't care about the losses wht matter the most is wht u achieve in the game
AQW Epic  Post #: 142
4/11/2011 4:41:28   
jegaggin

what would happen if a hacker came onto your account and reset ur wins..

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 143
4/11/2011 4:47:22   
xxmirxx

I would be mad

https://www.facebook.com/Humanifestation2
https://www.facebook.com/MikasaAckerman4
like these fan pages please
AQ Epic  Post #: 144
4/11/2011 4:53:57   
jegaggin

really 0.0 id never be mad ;)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 145
4/11/2011 5:31:54   
goldslayer1

quote:

what would happen if a hacker came onto your account and reset ur wins..

well record reset will probably and most likely cost varium.
costing varium allows the staff to keep record of ur wins before u did a reset. this way if u do get hacked, and ur wins and losses get resetted then u can ask for it to be returned.
(similar to factions getting their wins returned and all of their achievements)
AQW Epic  Post #: 146
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: I Found the Answer
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition