Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel Gamma Evolution 1.1.4d Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel Gamma Evolution 1.1.4d Discussion
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/13/2011 22:15:56   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crovile V2

@ above :

Nope. I used 109 HP, 92 Str build. Now thats 2 more useless build in my bag along with focus. I still win 95% of my duels still, but hate the stats. Now Both my Defensive-Strength & Barrier Builds seem like a Noob Lv-28 Build.

Strength builds got hit no where as hard as the tank focus builds did, and those were the biggest problem for a strength build. I'm running with 129 health, 93 strength myself and my win rate has gone up since before the update. Defenses really don't matter when massacre carves through everything like butter once again. I'm sitting at a 91% win rate before NPCs right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 176
4/14/2011 0:00:26   
Hun Kingq

IsaiahtheMage, again you are getting off topic I wrote you have lack of respect and no honor I did not say you should honor me big difference if you know what honor is. so that is all you going to do here and every other posts is attack me. When posted here automatically you went on the attack you and Silver Sky Magician and that shows me you to have no honor and lack of respect. You want respect from me after showing me any respect at all, you attack me I will fight back and respond to you in a harsh but dignified manner. When I responded you two attacked more. I don't have to play as a merc or bounty to feel what iis like to be them and I don't have to create those characters just to gain knowledge and experience because I am insightful and have an analytical mind, which means I analyze eventhing. Now we have a third FrostLich, keeping of topic and on the attack. Which FrostLich I was reporting what happened after the update and what did not take effect as they said it would happen and they need to know these things if they don't then how will things improve. I report what happen and how much damage and automatically I was called a liar and an exaggerator. I will not change class but I will help make the mage class better by report what is happening in battles. So are you going stay on topic and report what happen in battles or will you stay off topic and attack me as well?

Either stay on topic or don't post here.
Epic  Post #: 177
4/14/2011 0:11:55   
Crovile V2

@ Ashari :

The biggest set back has been received by the Focus builds. Now all have Focus builds have 1 thing in common- Gamma Bot. Before the update we all had seen what Focus builds could do. And now we do see a drastic downfall in those. In other words, why nerf a bot now ? We are close to the end of Gamma & we know that those bots would go rare. So why choose to implement those changes now ? Why nerf the same bot you had created ? To me it all seems like the old Market Strategy that we all learn. Sell all while it's still fresh to get your target & when you get it S**** them. Some people would think that we are getting a balance. I think that We are just running in circle & thinking like we'll get the corner we are searching for. So what really happens a couple more levels from now. Its said that that we get a decreased increase of stats as we put points above 50 on a stat. Lemme point out out to the AE Team that, they made me use it. I never was a Focus or a Strength User. They killed all the builds I used. They killed my battle style. So if I use focus I am bound to group up points at one place. Anyways, so at this rate, in about 7-8 more levels we will just end up where we were before the update with the same defenses & attacks. Just an increase in the bag of useless skills that you won't really need in a battle. We're just running in circles. So what makes you all think that Balance will be achieved ?
Post #: 178
4/14/2011 5:50:38   
Silver Sky Magician

@Hun Kingq

I believe I have shown you respect. I have not flamed you or degraded you in any way, but merely expressed doubt about the truth of your statements. The reason why I take several hours to reply is not because I need several hours to find out the flaws in your argument, but because I don't spend my whole day on this forum. I definitely can't reply to you if I can't read what you have typed. It will probably be a few hours before you reply to this post as well. Should I say that you too 'need several hours to think properly'?

I do not think IsaiahtheMage or any of your critics are 'condescending' either, but that you refute their criticism with personal attacks and hold to your opinion, inevitably causing them to be frustrated. I aslo believe that your personal attacks are unjustified and that you may be overly sensitive. For example Firewallblast defended my using of a forum name that was separate from my character name, but you defended your choice of a forum name and counterattacked him. It seems like you had taken this innocuous statement as a personal provocation.

You seem to have misunderstood the basic premise of my argument. My problem is not with your reporting of facts, but rather with the inferences you draw using those facts, i.e. the mage class has been nerfed by this update. If you had merely reported that you had experienced such inconsistencies, I wouldn't have bothered replying to you. But that you used these inconsistencies to again say that mages have been nerfed and subsequently want buffs for them is problematic to me. There are only two ways you can refute an argument: attack the premises(evidence), which I did, and attack the link between the premises and the conclusion.

Since you maintain that your evidences are correct, and I can only disprove it through induction and not through direct observation, I have no choice but to let this matter pass, though I am still skeptical of your 'facts'. If they were true, then why have they, till now, not been reported as bugs? Could you answer this? Why have no other forum users supported your 'facts'?

Moreover you have a track record of reporting questionable 'facts', like 'multi shot and artillery strike do more damage than plasma rain because they are two-hit attacks'. With all these reasons to doubt your 'evidence', I think that it is quite reasonable for me or anyone else (as evidenced by the number of people questioning you) to do so.

I think what IsaiahtheMage and I have been saying regarding you is perfectly on topic. You are expressing your stand on this update. We are refuting that stand, mainly because the rationale and 'facts' behind it are so questionable. I do not see any digression, or our posts would have been deleted.

I would like to point out that your problems, if truly existent, affects everyone else, not just you or your class. Your argument on why mages are affected more hinges on the defensive skills of other classes. Are defense matrix and technician not just as efficient as their bounty hunter counterparts? Do you not have reroute? Do mercs and bounty hunters not have to add just as much to their defenses? They can't let their guard down just because they have hybrid armour or the more unreliable Shadow Arts.

As for your examples with overload, you did not add a considerable amount to the skill or have a significant amount of stats to boost its damage. Stun grenade and even artillery strike would do similarly little damage under the same conditions. I see no reason for you to complain regarding this.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 4/14/2011 8:04:29 >
Post #: 179
4/14/2011 9:08:01   
IsaiahtheMage

@Hun Kinng I dont believe our statements are off topic or else they would have been deleted we are discussing your opinions about this update.I also agree with silver you are know for your so called "facts" of multi-shot and artilery strike to do more damage because they have a 2 hit which is not true its because artilery strike ignores 10% of defence and most bounties who use multi-shot use high dex making it stronger that is why. Also know for your "facts" of hybrid armor improving dex when all it does is improve def yet you claim they are the same and hybrid armor imrpoves block chance as well,also completely false. Have you not seen that no one supports you at all? That everyones comments goes against your "facts" have you not realized? Hoestly no one can take anything you say for word I am sorry but theirs no point to continue to argue with you I am going to have to end this arguement. Good luck on proving a point with your "Facts".
AQW Epic  Post #: 180
4/14/2011 9:22:51   
Fay Beeee

Guys I think they will be changing them again soon. They have listened to all the *cough* constructive feed back.

quote:

Titan
Mythic Ruler

We'll keep an eye on things and as always improve the system if need be. Keep your feedback coming.

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 4/14/2011 10:16:25 >

Epic  Post #: 181
4/14/2011 15:34:46   
Giras Wolfe

Wait...you mean I'm free from the restrictive horrors of focus?! Woohoo!!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 182
4/14/2011 16:08:26   
bighobbo

quote:

We're just running in circles. So what makes you all think that Balance will be achieved ?

Balance will NEVER be achieved in EpicDuel. As long as the 3 classes has different skill trees, balance will never be achieved, ever.

If balance were to achieve, then there would be no game. The game would be boring as hell.

It's the sad truth, but that's the way it is.

That's why the devs are putting restrictions everywhere. In the end, EVERYTHING will be restricted due to this so called "balance". No more unique builds, everyone will be using the same build because everything is restricted due to everyone wanting "balance". In the end, the game is just running in circles trying to achieve "balance".

< Message edited by bighobbo -- 4/14/2011 16:12:12 >
Post #: 183
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel Gamma Evolution 1.1.4d Discussion
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition