Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Premium Prices for an Unfinished Game?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Premium Prices for an Unfinished Game?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/19/2011 0:46:51   
frogbones
Banned

Seriously, the cost of Varium items in a game that's STILL unfinished is ridiculous. Alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon... how far are they gonna take it? And isn't it a bit presumptuous to expect players to pay premiun prices for a game that is still being developed?

Or is it just me?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/19/2011 0:51:37   
xXWillPowerXx
Banned

In my opinion, buying varium still costs a lot, and so does buying item's with varium in-game. I mean seriously spending 1-3.5k varium for just 1 item's a complete nuisance , imagine how it will be in the future
Post #: 2
4/19/2011 1:01:58   
helloguy

Varium itself isn't expensive,but the value of varium dropped dramatically when enhancements came out.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/19/2011 1:29:12   
Thylek Shran

Well a game like this is always under development. Like a good webpage and other stuff.
Alpha, gamma, and such states are functioning as milestones and marketing tools.
But yes, the prices are high especially when compared to other multiplayer online games
that often have much more to offer. Real Micropayment is something you wont find here
because varium can only be bought in huge packages.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 4
4/19/2011 1:40:26   
aramcho213

@Thylek agreed.
Post #: 5
4/19/2011 7:11:53   
Defiant

Wait till it's basically finished (not in testing phases) and then buy it then. /thread
Post #: 6
4/19/2011 13:42:44   
Lord GaGa

More like Founder Beta Gamma
I think the others where fine
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/19/2011 14:00:36   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

Atm i'd say you need to pick carefully before buying,in this game you can't afford to spend money on something that looks 'nice'.That simply doesn't cut it here unless you earn big bucks.You need to wait for promo's either or spend at your own risk.I fully agree that this game needs to start offering more features if it wants to start charging more,after all we aren't paying monopoly money

I get that this game is a pvp game but it's going to dry up like a tiny water pit in a desert if that's all it's going to center around.They are small atm,but iv'e heard from many people online that epicduel was never really an appealing game and that even now it's not really drawing MANY new players.This game isn't as young as people would like to believe,and if it hasn't shown visible signs of many newcomers then the staff will have to resort to asking the existing customers to pay way more varium for the same items.

Or advertising will take it's course,but i really can't say.Atm though i log in and do anywhere from 20-200 battles a week and that's that.This game offers absolutely NOTHING other than the pvp aspect and as iv'e already said,it tires quickly.You can only try so many new builds but you're still doing the same thing over and over again.The game needs more before it can demand more,that's the main end of things.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
4/19/2011 16:27:51   
Phoenix Angel

I still wish sellback on varium would happen.
Sigh.
There should be some method of doing it without horribly INFLATING the prices.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Premium Prices for an Unfinished Game?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition