Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Zooka and Gun Enhancements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Zooka and Gun Enhancements
Page 1 of 912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/20/2011 12:09:55   
Calogero

quote:

Epic UPDATE Friday! More of Engine 2x goes live! Prepare for Zooka and Gun enhancements, new NPC, new Trainhub, Armor level ranges +++

quote:

Not true, new stat balancers are going live also! Skills will face similar diminishing returns beginning friday!

This thread is more to discuss the new Enhancements...
What are your thoughts about this?
Will this be usefull now with the recent stats cap?nvm this seeing New Stat Balancers will be released aswell
Will this make ' overpowered ' builds even more Op'd and will the gap between Varium and Non Varium grow due to this?

Discuss

< Message edited by andy123 -- 4/20/2011 12:18:52 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/20/2011 12:12:21   
Lord GaGa

Crapp... I really dont wanna have to keep buying bloody varium =.=
I atually can't be botherd.
All the freaking time where paying our money for this game.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/20/2011 12:12:36   
Matgon

Oh boy..... I pray he means damage-wise enhacements... and not stat wise.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/20/2011 12:12:41   
helloguy

Im not worried about people being OP,i just NEED to know how much its going to cost me -.-
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/20/2011 12:16:39   
8x

quote:

Prepare for Zooka and Gun enhancements

I've always supported Titan and Nightwraith no matter how players hated their releases, but now... I don't give a crap...

< Message edited by 8rlx0 -- 4/20/2011 12:17:22 >
Epic  Post #: 5
4/20/2011 12:22:00   
Light Stridr

quote:

Prepare for Zooka and Gun enhancements

Diminishing returns was a step forward.
This...
............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

Save us the effort and declare ED P2P. Now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/20/2011 12:24:59   
H3P04

Just great with a cherry on a top (Obvious sarcasm). Seriously bad news for non varium players and this games balance. Just when I thought that the difference between classes had become more smaller these news come and makes me think that non-varium vs varium balance will become extinct. Now the game might truthfully become pay to play. Also bad news to those who don't want to spend their cash on extra enchancments and new weapons.

< Message edited by H3P04 -- 4/20/2011 12:27:18 >
Epic  Post #: 7
4/20/2011 12:44:25   
Titan

This improvement is good news for everyone, both f2p players and upgraded players.

Starting Friday, with the addition of Zooka and Gun enhancements, a new system of diminishing returns will go into effect for skill improvements as well! Similar to how diminishing returns currently work for primary, secondary, zooka, and robot damages, these change will apply diminishing returns on the improvement rates of skills after the player has reached medium (55 stat points) and heavy (85 stat points) investments in the stat that improves the skill.

This means for example that if a skill previously improved with every 4 points of a stat investment, once the player invests stat points beyond a certain amount, the skill improvement rate may increase to 4.5 points, or 5 points (these rates will vary).

Examples:
A player that has invested 40 points of Support into their build will see no change in Artillery Strike
A player that has invested 50 points of Dexterity into their build will see no change in Technician
A player that has invested 70 points of Technology into their build may notice a very minor damage reduction in Plasma Bolt (maybe 1-2 points)
A player that has invested 130 points of Support into their build will see a significant reduction in the damage of Artillery Strike (maybe 4-6 points)

The objective of this change is to discourage boring one-way builds, while promoting exciting strategic play.

< Message edited by Titan -- 4/20/2011 12:46:43 >
Epic  Post #: 8
4/20/2011 12:48:15   
Smackie El Frog

Will this change any of the debuffing skills?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/20/2011 12:52:26   
skeletondude

i like this update can't wait ohh and will it change anything in str builds
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
4/20/2011 12:52:36   
Wind

Pretty awsome titan, so that means the entire new stats of ED Progression for the skill tree can change on whether you spam one stat area of have a balanced 5 focus build.
Meaning now not always will support mercs will rule 2vs2! yay now mage might come back.

But Titan I do find one small possible problem, what happens with the new enhancements for sidearms and auxilaries will they have the sae amount of enhancement slots as a normal weapon (approximately 8 enhancement slots) or will it be half? because what happens if a strength merc invests all enhancements into strength which can most likely bring back the devastating OP strength mercs? even though berserkers power will dramatically be reduced mercs will still have their Strike!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/20/2011 12:52:57   
Calogero

but this won't affect % based attacks ( Like Bludgeon/Berserker etc )
or will they be reduced aswell...

if it doesn't I see this Rebalancing completed yet...
Only thing I see is that STR abusers will have more Stats to use as a defence
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
4/20/2011 12:53:03   
TurkishIncubus

More Enhancement :S , why always bad releases follow the good ones :S

Its toooo Expensive :( Enhancement should be only with credit (with lowered values) :O

Epic  Post #: 13
4/20/2011 12:53:14   
Titan

This can potentially affect buffs / debuffs .. here are some more examples:

A player with 40 points invested in Support will notice no change to the effectiveness of Reflex Boost
A player with 80 points invested in Technology will notice a small reduction in the effectiveness of smoke screen (maybe 1-3 points)
A player with 130 points invested in Support will notice a larger reduction in the effectiveness of Field Medic (maybe 4-6 points)

The values I mentioned are just rough guesses, I would need to plug the values into our formulas to determine exact changes.

< Message edited by Titan -- 4/20/2011 12:54:25 >
Epic  Post #: 14
4/20/2011 12:53:24   
Light Stridr

And make the enhancements credit-only please, otherwise I'm definitely not coming back :/ because non varium = cannon fodder.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
4/20/2011 12:53:52   
Larcell

I love the diminishing returns update. But....................

GUN and ZOOKA enhancements?

It's going to epically SUCK for those who are just barely hanging on with pure nonvarium weapons. Unless, the enhancements are at a VERY low, CREDIT price.

I have 3,900+ varium and I was saving it only for Primaries,New Armor, and Enhancements towards new Primaries and New Armor..... AH POO! Now I have to factor in enhanements to New guns/Zookas. I'll use the new enhancements on what I got now....but this is my FINAL weapon set. But I ain't paying for anymore varium. Here on out it's Free Offers...

Titan...h-how, could you? The Abraham Lincoln on my dollar bill grew Titan's Beard. NOOOOO. It's my money!

< Message edited by Larcell -- 4/20/2011 12:56:16 >

Epic  Post #: 16
4/20/2011 12:55:14   
One Winged Angel1357

If my memory is correct we were told on EDf there would be no enhancements for guns and auxs but as EDf is now dead i can no longer find the quote to prove myself correct(nor could i do this for quests or fame but those dont matter in the grand shceme of things)

anyway i was going to get Varium soon so i might as well spend it all in one place
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/20/2011 12:56:56   
PD

I'm guessing after this update It'll be possible to get as much as 110 Stat Modifiers in Total, assuming Rares like BunnyZooka will have 10 enhancements, and that guns will have at least 3 enhancements.

But then again, Diminishing Stat Requirements doesn't make the opponent feel the whole true boot behind the power of +100 Stat Mods. However, this makes the problem of Stat inflation even worse than it was before.

< Message edited by PD -- 4/20/2011 12:57:25 >
Post #: 18
4/20/2011 12:57:53   
Wind

quote:

This can potentially affect buffs / debuffs .. here are some more examples:

A player with 40 points invested in Support will notice no change to the effectiveness of Reflex Boost
A player with 80 points invested in Technology will notice a small reduction in the effectiveness of smoke screen (maybe 1-3 points)
A player with 130 points invested in Support will notice a larger reduction in the effectiveness of Field Medic (maybe 4-6 points)

The values I mentioned are just rough guesses, I would need to plug the values into our formulas to determine exact changes.

Titan as you said they're just rough estimations, may i suggest that there be no debuff on stats until they've reached about 60+ because if they have no change until 40+ it may influence players to stay within the 4 focus-5 focus stat boundary area, meaning more tank builds meaning more longer battles.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
4/20/2011 13:00:34   
TurkishIncubus

Will %ignore/%more dmg skills effected from Skill adjustments?

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 4/20/2011 13:04:23 >
Epic  Post #: 20
4/20/2011 13:02:18   
Smackie El Frog

I'm psyched for this update! Woohoo more stats!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
4/20/2011 13:03:01   
Wind

turkish im pretty sure it wouldn't change since % is compared between you and your opponent, such as the % of you blocking you opponent is by who's got more dexterity
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
4/20/2011 13:05:13   
TurkishIncubus

^ I meaned Skills like Massacre and Maul , i added "skills" word for making it more clear
Epic  Post #: 23
4/20/2011 13:05:24   
Calogero

@ Turkish

I asked and
quote:

@Andy123AE Strength has diminishing returns applied on Primary Damage and Gun Damage. It is not to their advantage to build extreme str.

Meaning % based attacks won't be affected qua skill, only qua STR... which is sad seeing Defence has been rebalanced aswell so This is imo actualy a Nerf for
all skills except % based attacks
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/20/2011 13:07:09   
TurkishIncubus

^

Great than ^^ i will get More STR + same strong Masssacre while Mages Malf-DM-Heal is reducing :D
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Zooka and Gun Enhancements
Page 1 of 912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition