Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/20/2011 13:57:50   
Titan

I want to clarify a few points:

1. The addition of diminishing returns on skill improvement will primarily affect those players that have created one-way stat builds (like a Mercenary that invests 120 points in Support to perform an unblockable Artillery Strike)
2. Pricing for Enhancements will remain the same across the board, although Guns and Zookas will likely have fewer slots than primary weapons.
3. I'll let you know that thousands of FREE players currently have enough credits to fully enhance their weapons. If you are a free player and feel that the enhancement prices are too high, please remember that you can participate in POWER HOUR to earn credits and experience 2X faster! Powerhour occurs 2 times every single day!

We are really trying hard to create a game that's fun, balanced, and fair for all.
Epic  Post #: 51
4/20/2011 14:01:24   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

I honestly feel sorry for the free players,not so long ago i was one.Geez,not wanting to be up against the odds anymore i decide to pay and where does that get me?In the stream of pay...wait one week...Pay us again.And it recycles like that,this game has got to be the most cheeky game iv'e come across in terms of payment.It's basically a membership game in all honesty.

How much money does a guy need to keep up eventually?This is so so unfair to the free players,i'm with you guys all the way.Even though there's nothing we as players can do to help one another i wish i myself could help free players in some or other way.This update is NEGATIVE for all players,not good for us.Now i have to spend MORE money to be able to compete with other varium players otherwise i'm back to being a free player basically(stat wise,compared to other variums).

But above all,what makes this the worst is the fact that it's a new standard now.So with every new gun you will now have to spend money,as well as on aux's where the game was previously 'free' on that part.This is the end of the road for me and i can guarantee you several american players won't be able to keep up eventually.

Eventually there's gonna be robo enhancements or probably some weird feature that allows you to buy decorations for your house and they boost stats too,FOR VARIUM that is...Money money money,it's so funny...
AQ Epic  Post #: 52
4/20/2011 14:05:20   
Titan

I guess I need to reiterate... Enhancements are available to FREE players. All you have to do is battle.. plus you can get their twice as fast by participating in POWERHOUR ... a major feature we recently introduced to support our free player community.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deadly PoisoN

I honestly feel sorry for the free players,not so long ago i was one.Geez,not wanting to be up against the odds anymore i decide to pay and where does that get me?In the stream of pay...wait one week...Pay us again.And it recycles like that,this game has got to be the most cheeky game iv'e come across in terms of payment.It's basically a membership game in all honesty.

How much money does a guy need to keep up eventually?This is so so unfair to the free players,i'm with you guys all the way.Even though there's nothing we as players can do to help one another i wish i myself could help free players in some or other way.This update is NEGATIVE for all players,not good for us.Now i have to spend MORE money to be able to compete with other varium players otherwise i'm back to being a free player basically(stat wise,compared to other variums).

But above all,what makes this the worst is the fact that it's a new standard now.So with every new gun you will now have to spend money,as well as on aux's where the game was previously 'free' on that part.This is the end of the road for me and i can guarantee you several american players won't be able to keep up eventually.

Eventually there's gonna be robo enhancements or probably some weird feature that allows you to buy decorations for your house and they boost stats too,FOR VARIUM that is...Money money money,it's so funny...

Epic  Post #: 53
4/20/2011 14:12:26   
One Winged Angel1357

Titan your putting alot of faith in us F2P's and i would hate for you to be proven wrong as the odds slowly stack even higher against us
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 54
4/20/2011 14:12:34   
Wraith

Titan, many of my stats are from 50-80, and I use 5 focus. Thus this nerfs focus builds AS WELL.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
4/20/2011 14:18:14   
Light Stridr

The point is you need too much time and money to make it happen.
Look at the Credit prices currently.
300k.
Now I'll acknowledge the average non-var wep has about 6 enhance slots. that is still 215000 credits.
No-one, - and I repeat, no-one - is going to farm that much without varium.
So where does that get the average non-var player?

Please, for the sake of creativity and fairness/balance, don't add a varium option to these enhances, and make them cheap so EVERYONE can get them, like this:
2k credits for each enhance, fixed rate
OR starts at 500, going up to 5k for the 10th enhance, increasing the price by 5 each time.

Edit: Oh, and inb4arcademode.

< Message edited by Light Stridr -- 4/20/2011 14:24:59 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 56
4/20/2011 14:19:35   
Soliqe

@Titan

*sigh* We know it's free, I think you've mentioned that 8 times already. :|

We're saying 500,000 credits is hardly free, and I assume the weapons you're talking about are the ones with like 4 stat mods...
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
4/20/2011 14:20:48   
Gotai

With all these nerfs ur forcing all of us to use focus builds.
Wheres de fun in this? I wan everything back how it was when lv cap was 30. No1 was ''oped''...
No focus - No agility - No stat req for skills - Nothing...

BattleOn!
Post #: 58
4/20/2011 14:21:12   
Wen Su the Tank

wow the enchancements are that more wow i didn't know that maybe as a 20k credit for max enhancements
AQ DF  Post #: 59
4/20/2011 14:23:33   
Gotai

@Light Stridr
5k for 10 stats is too low maybe 50k or probably 100k
Post #: 60
4/20/2011 14:24:09   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Speaking of Enhancements.. I only spend credits on enhancing now, and save my Varium (when i had some, down to 805 now :P ) for better weapons, or seasonal rares that may come out. Sure, buying enhancements with credits takes a little longer than just buying it with Varium, but the alternative IS there. I know it isn't the most popular way to enhance by any means because of the time factor. But sometimes, you need to be a little patient to get things :) And plus, you save Varium then.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
4/20/2011 14:26:52   
Vick Vega

@ Titan

Ok, I have used the speed builds to grind for credits. I admit it. I have played every abusive build there is. I don’t like them and I honestly agree that they are not valuable to the overall game. However, I don’t see the changes that have taken place as “small adjustments” as you are describing them. I was totally good with the stat nerf. It felt a lot like the early days. I fought Arcanis the day after they were implemented and we went like 8 or 10 rounds and loved it. By adding the nerf to skills you have not just cut the top off of the stat builds, you have painted us into a pretty small box. Now you want us to buy more stats that are pretty much irrelevant? Basically, from the way you are describing it, the amount of stats I can buy for my aux and gun may not even give me another +1 to anything after penalty. You are not just wrangling in the two builds that are winning fast and losing often, you are mostly hurting the people who put the most $ into the game.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
4/20/2011 14:27:08   
Titan

After reviewing the numbers we're going to implement a credit price reduction on the enhancement slots across the board.
You can expect somewhere around a 30-40% reduction in the Credit Price of enhancements come Friday!

< Message edited by Titan -- 4/20/2011 14:30:01 >
Epic  Post #: 63
4/20/2011 14:27:13   
One Winged Angel1357

yeah cheaper upgrades

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 4/20/2011 14:29:46 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 64
4/20/2011 14:29:43   
Calogero

this will help Non Varium a lot Titan

30/40% is a lot =D

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
4/20/2011 14:29:47   
Light Stridr

@tzantzy:
Which Is Why I Requested That You Can't Enhance Gun And Aux With Varium, Because That Pushes The Credit Price Sky-High To Compensate.
Oh, And When I Meant 5k For The 10th Enhance, I Meant It Goes:
For A Total Of 27500 Credits.

EDIT:
60% Of 215000 Is 129000. Still Quite A Lot IMO.
Multiply That By 2 For Both Gun And Aux, And Wham.

< Message edited by Light Stridr -- 4/20/2011 14:35:45 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
4/20/2011 14:30:53   
TurkishIncubus

@Digital X

But Admins release always stronger weps in every new release so our Enhanced weps becoming outdated

Imagine i gain 5k creds every day for 300k credits it means 60 days after i complete my enhance guess what will happen ?Admins will release stronger weps so before i use my full enhance wep i need to enhance my new wep :S This pricing is just ridiculus

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 4/20/2011 14:32:45 >
Epic  Post #: 67
4/20/2011 14:32:52   
Vick Vega

Can we get a varium price reduction or straight up we live in f2p forget those varium guys world?
But seriously we can't find a better way to help out the f2p folks other than pillaging the variums?

Is the need truly that we need an increase in player #s to continue? That’s why the fame and all this?
Maybe we could do some rewards for referrals. Something that doesn’t penalize one to gain the other….

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 4/20/2011 14:35:58 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 68
4/20/2011 14:34:31   
helloguy

This is a start of something good ^.^
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 69
4/20/2011 14:34:50   
Gotai

Actually vick is right... 1700 varium for 10 stats... That meens more than the wep....
Post #: 70
4/20/2011 14:35:56   
One Winged Angel1357

Turk maybe we could get some amount of our credit enhancments back on sellback of that weapon(becuase there is a Credit sellback system)
or maybe the enhancments could just roll over from weapon to weapon

Say you got four enhancements on your primary thats for all of your primaries
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
4/20/2011 14:36:50   
Gotai

@OWA i would b rich XDD i sold like 5 items full enhanced with credits LOL!
Post #: 72
4/20/2011 14:38:34   
IzzyluvsU
Banned

....welcome back strength merc.
Post #: 73
4/20/2011 14:39:16   
One Winged Angel1357

Tzantzy you would be as rich as if you didnt enhance the weapons at all its only a fraction back like the normal NPc sellback rate(so goto mirv for 55% back)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 74
4/20/2011 14:39:42   
TurkishIncubus

@tzantzy

You are right , 10 slot enhance is higher than the wep can you see the ridiculus thing in here?

if varium enhance pricing lowered more ppl will use Varium enhance rather than Credit enhance. 10 slot should be 500 varium which is fair or 100k credit

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 4/20/2011 14:41:08 >
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition