Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/21/2011 5:56:34   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

Call me slow,but i just noticed something hilarious,well actually upon first glance it's hilarious,but after that it becomes a scary and painful thought to process.I just took a look at your inventory buffy,saw all those guns and auxe's.

Now imagine the cost to enhance all those,at first it's a mega lol,but as iv'e said it becomes a sorry tale if you find the after taste unsatisfying.I feel for you players,you're being punished for spending the most money in the game,once again i have to restrain myself,part of me wants to burst in tears,can't help it.

I just can't believe what i'm seeing.
AQ Epic  Post #: 151
4/21/2011 7:05:36   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

She did it to get to the top of the rare leader board.

@HelloGuy

You dont have to be good to enjoy a game.

< Message edited by Holiday Practel -- 4/21/2011 7:12:38 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 152
4/21/2011 7:15:18   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

Sure she did holiday practel,i'm sure all her other items before the leader board existed were also purchased via this reason.The rare leader board isn't even a year old man.Iv'e seen plenty of older players with an inventory like her's.People consistently buy more items because they want to preserve the fun they first experience when playing epicduel.

When the fun dries out,which it does very quickly,then people purchase other items to make it seem like they're doing something different than the norm,but it's all in the mind.It's psychological like most things in this world,even i'm guilty of this,but the heavy varium buyers have been spanked here i'm afraid.
AQ Epic  Post #: 153
4/21/2011 7:19:47   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Uhh do you not see like 10 charfade blasters? Mmk
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
4/21/2011 7:24:31   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

Yeah,noticed the charfade blasters the day character pages were made viewable.But my entire case is built around the fact that she has a heck load of older sidearms and zooka's.Now enhance all those and viola,there's the spanking i spoke of
AQ Epic  Post #: 155
4/21/2011 7:41:27   
goldslayer1

@deadly
she only needs to enhance 1
altho she's gonna start confusing them and trying to find which one is enhanced
AQW Epic  Post #: 156
4/21/2011 8:36:46   
ED Prince of Shadows

Guys, stay on topic :p

1. As Buffy has pointed out, this update will nearly negate the most recent update will diminishing returns.
2. As Shadronica has said, this will ultimately harm skills with abuse but buff something else, only slightly harming these builds.
3. As Xendran saw that most Non varium weapons have little stat slots (3-5) So, yes, they can fully enhance their items.
4. As many people have proved, even a 40% decrease in enhancement prices would still be very high prices.
AQW Epic  Post #: 157
4/21/2011 8:40:47   
Vick Vega

Baelis is behind this all! In fact, he is standing behind NW and Titan right now.
“Make them buy more varium, or I will have Charfade rip off a robot's arm, jam it on the end of a metal rod and bash your skulls in with it!”
“Yes Lord Baelis.” They chime in unison.

But seriously, I don’t think it is as heinous as these forums like to make it out to be. They are not the evil empire taxing the remnants of the republic. Even when they were making this game somewhat recreationally, the end goal was a product, which could be marketed and ultimately be profitable.
They have to sell varium, but they have to increase the numbers of accounts created, as well as the number of people online and the duration those people spend online. One is to bring in liquid assets through direct revenue and the other is to report out on overall growth to the shareholders and marketing team to promote advertising dollars. Not really rocket science. Individually, I don’t even think that the updates were a bad thing. However, they did not mesh well with each other in the short time frame they were released. This recent announcement was like having my watch come up missing from my wrist and coincidentally the guy standing next to me happens to have one “just like it” for sale. I think it’s sad that last week you had an overwhelming majority from a historical perspective, of people who supported the update, including myself. This week felt like it was followed up with a sucker punch. The word “balance” is defiantly being used poorly in this context, unless, they meant balancing the ED checkbook.

Furthermore, I like the accusation made that labeled the str and supp build as non-strategic / stat abusers. So let’s recap. You (the devs) sell a strategically set of one sided holiday rare weapons that have no other obvious potential aside from being able to divert points from your defense points into your offensive stats (Examples: Cyber Shillelagh, Frostbite claws) and then pretend to slap the people on the wrist who purchased them and used them that way? So either you have released a whole bunch of items without any thought of how they would impact the game, or it was strategic in order to make future sales and call it “balance”. C’mon. I don’t think it’s a matter of changing tactics but it could be a little more subtle and less insulting to our intelligence. We can all do the math of nerf + stat sales = same as you were yesterday for a charge.

@Soliqe
I am not saying that I am the only one who spends money on this game. I know for a fact that I am not the person who has spent the most money on this game. I can however say that the money I have spent has four digits and to even think that we (the people who do put a great deal of money into this game) shouldn’t have any expectations is “an invalid argument” as you like to say.
The varium buyers get called flamers and trolls on here regularly. I would like to respond by saying get off the crybaby martyr f2p bandwagon. See my post about how this system stacks up against the other so called “pay to win” games on the market.” The f2p players here are a spoiled lot and getting worse by the minute with whimsical decisions like half off credit costs crap….

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 4/21/2011 8:48:05 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 158
4/21/2011 8:46:43   
PivotalDisorder

I see alot of people saying that we got our stats reduced and then we are made to buy more stats to compensate.

i just dont see it.

they made it more balanced but still let the paying players to keep an edge without it being obscene. forget about ur OLD power.
if the only reason you bought items is to have a 95% win rate against mostly undergeared or lower level players then you should
be ashamed. if one day you do 50 dmg and the next day 45 it doesnt actually mean you are weaker if all stats are effected overall.
the new world of warcraft expansion has increased the damage to really high numbers but its all relative to how much each player
can take. if you kill someone in 3 turns doing 10dmg each time, or 100000000 dmg each time, whats the difference ?

my only concern with enhancements is the encumberance feature. basically a level 27-28 can be as powerful as a level 33 with just
a 1-5dmg reduction on each weapon. and with the best varium armors being level 28-29 anyway this widens the gap.

i have a level 30 tech mage, with some varium and earning the credits to buy items is still really hard. im still using a level 25 aux.
but a varium player will usually buy the whole lot with enhancements. maybe try an encumberance style effect on enhancements ?

Post #: 159
4/21/2011 8:51:23   
Light Stridr

@Vick:
I rofl'd at your first paragraph (although I always suspected Cysero instead...)

quote:

They have to sell varium, but they have to increase the numbers of accounts created, as well as the number of people online and the duration those people spend online. One is to bring in liquid assets through direct revenue and the other is to report out on overall growth to the shareholders and marketing team to promote advertising dollars. Not really rocket science. Individually, I don’t even think that the updates were a bad thing. They did not mesh well with each other in the short time frame they were released. This recent announcement was like having my watch come up missing from my wrist and coincidentally the guy standing next to me happens to have one “just like it” for sale. I think it’s sad that last week you had an overwhelming majority from a historical perspective, of people who supported the update, including myself. This week felt like it was followed up with a sucker punch. The word “balance” is defiantly being used poorly in this context, unless, they meant balancing the ED checkbook.
They don't HAVE to sell Varium, the other games rake in enough money anyway.
Making it unfair for free players puts just about everyone who can't/doesn't want to pay off, and where does that lead? Less active players, therefore less players who might buy varium.
And yes these updates probably had the worst release schedule possible, but that doesn't stop us from working it out in the future.
The ED chequebook is already full, they moved on to the 5th one after space warrior.

quote:

Furthermore, I like the accusation made that labeled the str and supp build as non-strategic / stat abusers. So let’s recap. You (the devs) sell a strategically set of one sided holiday rare weapons that have no other obvious potential aside from being able to divert points from your defense points into your offensive stats (Examples: Cyber Shillelagh, Frostbite claws) and then pretend to slap the people on the wrist who purchased them and used them that way? So either you have released a whole bunch of items without any thought of how they would impact the game, or it was strategic in order to make future sales and call it “balance”. C’mon. I don’t think it’s a matter of changing tactics but it could be a little more subtle and less insulting to our intelligence. We can all do the math of nerf + stat sales = same as you were yesterday for a charge.
Nice analysis.
AQW Epic  Post #: 160
4/21/2011 9:00:40   
Vick Vega

@Jehannum

So basically we make it so that no matter how much you spend you will be penalized enough to keep you within 5 points difference or so of the next player f2p/lower level….
That’s fair! And it will totally motivate varium sales %100!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 161
4/21/2011 9:12:11   
PivotalDisorder

@Vick Vega: 5 stats between full var and non var/lower levels ? is that a joke lol

post some numbers and lets actually see, cause to me its alot more than that even with diminishing returns.
Post #: 162
4/21/2011 9:15:56   
Vick Vega

I am not saying that is what it is now; I am saying that it sounds like what you are suggesting and honestly where I could see the future updates taking us given the recent attempts to placate f2p players.

I know that I am going to get nuked with flamage from this, but how about this. How many people play 1500... 2000. Out of that number there is what 50 Elite varium buyers, a couple hundred midrange and few minor varium users leaving like 75% or more of the f2p to slap fight each other? Can we do somethign better than nerfing the varium people. Can't they just accept losing 3 out of ten battles to people who pay for better gear? I just don't get why that is a problem. "I WANT TO PLAY FOR FREE." ok you can. BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO BEAT EVERYONE! I am sorry you lost me there. How about this. A free to play leaderboard. Anyone that does not have a single peice of varium equipment except for maybe a house, bike or bot are listed on a F2P leaderboard.

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 4/21/2011 9:22:39 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 163
4/21/2011 9:19:38   
PivotalDisorder

lol stop panicking, non-var players will always get the short end of the stick.
even with 30-40% reduction on credit prices for enhancements, still gonna take months to earn the credits needed, even if they no-life it.

and i didnt make any suggestions other than encumberance on enhancements, to stop the varium players owning everyone even earlier.
Post #: 164
4/21/2011 9:25:15   
Vick Vega

LOL. I am not panicking. I am just blunt by nature. I think its like this. F2p are second rate citizens in the game and variums are second rate citizens on the forums
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 165
4/21/2011 9:26:02   
goldslayer1

@jeha
not really
u can get like 50k credits in a day. shouldn't be that hard. specially with all these powers hours.
AQW Epic  Post #: 166
4/21/2011 9:29:28   
PivotalDisorder

50k credits in a day.......

ive no lifed it a few times and no way as non varium that is possible. im presuming u mean support merc for 2v2.
not a chance im gonna believe thats possible.

Please do not use profanity, even in acronym form. Please see the =AE= Comprehensive Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 4/21/2011 16:08:54 >
Post #: 167
4/21/2011 9:33:34   
goldslayer1

@jeha
its possible.
and im not a merc and i dont do much 2 vs 2
with power u easily get alot. altho yeah u probably would have to no life 1 vs 1 to get 50k credits in a day.
altho if ur a regular player u can get 10-15k a day.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/21/2011 9:35:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 168
4/21/2011 9:41:39   
PivotalDisorder

ok i think someone said 8 enhancements wud still be over 100k but id have to checkso for the majority of f2p thats months still.

I think the real issue here is too many people dont want a fun competitve matchup of any kind and want to buy items that give
them as many free wins as possible at a high speed, and have somehow forgotten why they play the game in the first place.
Post #: 169
4/21/2011 9:46:37   
Vick Vega

That's your view of what makes the game fun. Why can't another person's version of fun be decimating people?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 170
4/21/2011 9:49:08   
Light Stridr

quote:

Can't they just accept losing 3 out of ten battles to people who pay for better gear?

It's closer to 8 out of 10.
quote:

That's your view of what makes the game fun. Why can't another person's version of fun be decimating people?

I don't mind if their version of fun is decimating people, but at the expense of other people that is slightly unfair.

@goldslayer:
Not everybody has the time and money to no-life it properly. I'm thinking about bounties and mages here.

< Message edited by Light Stridr -- 4/21/2011 9:52:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 171
4/21/2011 10:02:08   
Vick Vega

If you don't want to lose to people "at others expense" then I have one suggestion, AQW. This is PVP.

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 4/21/2011 10:03:15 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 172
4/21/2011 10:06:06   
Light Stridr

quote:

If you don't want to lose to people "at others expense" then I have one suggestion, AQW. This is PVP.

I've quit already. Check your facts before replying.
AQW Epic  Post #: 173
4/21/2011 10:13:22   
Vick Vega

quote:

I don't mind if their version of fun is decimating people, but at the expense of other people that is slightly unfair.

I meant "you" as in the same sense that you used the term "other people" I guess "they" would be more appropriate.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 174
4/21/2011 10:32:08   
Light Stridr

quote:

Making it unfair for free players puts just about everyone who can't/doesn't want to pay off, and where does that lead? Less active players, therefore less players who might buy varium.

Which is why I requested a declaration of this thing becoming P2P to save us the bother.

Also, whose side are you on?
The people who want balance or the no-lifers?

< Message edited by Light Stridr -- 4/21/2011 10:35:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition