Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/21/2011 10:43:36   
Arcanis

Assuming every fight is fair and balanced(laughs hysterically) you get 32 credits for each win in 1v1 or 64 in 2v2.
For 50k credits you would need to win 1563 fights in 1v1 or 782 fights in 2v2. Note the win part.
Thats 66 1v1 per hour for 24 hours or 33 2v2 per hour for 24 hours.
Even with powerhour included,i find that hardly possible.Both PH would give you,at given rates 8448 credits which is 17% of total amount.

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 176
4/21/2011 10:48:23   
Larcell

Man, can't wait till the release. My +5 focus, mage build seems to have little effect against spam-builds.

Not sure if I'm following this or not...

QUESTION:
But will Diminishing Returns also decrease (at a certain point) Deflection chance and Crit chance?

< Message edited by Larcell -- 4/21/2011 10:51:13 >
Epic  Post #: 177
4/21/2011 10:50:55   
goldslayer1

quote:

Assuming every fight is fair and balanced(laughs hysterically) you get 32 credits for each win in 1v1 or 64 in 2v2.
For 50k credits you would need to win 1563 fights in 1v1 or 782 fights in 2v2. Note the win part.
Thats 66 1v1 per hour for 24 hours or 33 2v2 per hour for 24 hours.

im not sure if thats the right ammount but sometimes u get more in battles.
i managed to get 40k credits in 1 day and i only did 700 fights.
and again it wasn't the entire day either. it was around 15 hours.
AQW Epic  Post #: 178
4/21/2011 10:54:06   
Vick Vega

And unfortunately I think you’re wrong. Your 5 focus mage is going to have 8 more stats in Str spamming against it from the aux and sidearm of the str merc. Sort of the opposite of the stated intention of the update.

Correct me if I am wrong but berserker loses 1-2 dmg from diminishing returns and they buy 4-6 stats per item (aux and sidearm) add them to str get +1-2 dmg...
Hmm.....
Well I guess -5 + 5 = 0 so technically you could call that balanced.

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 4/21/2011 11:03:43 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 179
4/21/2011 11:00:31   
Larcell

@Vega

True, but only if I pursue gun/zooka enhancements. Darn it...I have 3900 varium after buying the 10k package and doing some free offers. Now if I enhance my character I will become weaker. All this because my stats have a base of 45....not much wiggle room before I reach the nerf.

My brain hurts. What to do with my stats that go over the nerf-line.....hmmmm. Put into energy and add super charge? LOL.
Epic  Post #: 180
4/21/2011 11:08:48   
PD

@Larcell: Theoretically, Energy is supposed to be the Best Stat (Best Static Value for a Stat, not explaining the math behind it or I'll explode your brains out), however, the fact is... we die much too quickly to fully utilize it's true value. If the stats weren't so messed up, everyone would be stacking loads into energy.

Also... Since Support and Dexterity are mostly consisted of Dynamic Value, Strength and Technology will eventually surpass them as the supreme stat - But that is not now, it's much much later.
Post #: 181
4/21/2011 11:13:18   
Basicball

if i could, i'd have 85 energy

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 182
4/21/2011 11:28:45   
helloguy

@Titan Im not saying your trying to scam us,but its not looking good for you at all.

~Helloguy
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 183
4/21/2011 11:34:29   
goldslayer1

how about titan just gives us power hour for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
and 4 weeks a month ;)

EDIT:
and 12 months a year.....
and 10 years a decade
and 100 years a century
and 1000 years a millennium................

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/21/2011 11:37:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 184
4/21/2011 11:40:23   
Basicball

good idea :p

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
4/21/2011 11:52:37   
RKC

Man I really want to buy varium right now ED always has a "Money vacuum release"
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 186
4/21/2011 11:59:26   
VIX

•Nice Idea and amazing thing ! we need those enhancements !

•Can't wait till the new release will be live !!!!

•I might start playing ED again like Before !

@ hello Guy, if you're not happy with this release cuz everything cost varium so you can't do anything and it's easy if you don't agree with the release and weapons coming in the release you don't have to buy anything or enhance anything .. Well about what i think Titan and Nightwraith won't do anything bad for this game and they won't let us annoying from the releases but actually they know what they should do for this game !

~VIX

< Message edited by V.I.X -- 4/21/2011 12:03:56 >

Epic  Post #: 187
4/21/2011 12:02:46   
Calogero

I am NOT looking forward to this update tho....
STR mercs will be even stronger than before due to Maul and Berserker AND Double hit being all % based skills =/

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 188
4/21/2011 12:22:44   
helloguy

@VIX Don't be stupid,i'm not the only one that thinks this release is gonna be horrible. For what reason did you pick me to reply to when there over 100 posts against this upcoming release?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 189
4/21/2011 12:27:59   
B9000

Well, I'm not surprised by this upcoming change, though I can hardly say it makes any sense to me from a balance POV. Just ask yourself if the gap between non-v/var is: too small, too large, or just right? If you answered anything but 'too small' then introducing a game mechanism which will increase it, even IF by a single point, creates MORE balance problems. I have large doubts that F2Pers will be able to enhance the same number of stats for guns and auxs as varium players, whether limited by the cost or by the number of slots per weapon. Why increase these slots at all, let alone before allowing non varium players to have weapons of equal level?

As I've said many times before, the varium advantage could possibly be reasonably balanced if the non varium players recieved their weapons at the same time, with the advantage being the extra stats given due to the varium cost. It seems though that the MO is to not only give extra stats per level but make the non-varium players wait 4-6+ months to even recieve equipement of the same level, which by then the varium players are about ready to recive the next level weaponry.

For those who haven't noticed:
Non variums still haven't received a lvl 32 energy aux, and the phys aux is mostly unusable due to its strength stat req, yet they are to go up against lvl 33 auxs that have +4 damage and +8 stats over the graphite gun, if they were lucky enough to be around to get when it was released 7.5 months ago. The first varium level 32 guns were released 4.5 months ago, still nothing on the non varium front (and 10.5 months since the last max level non-v energy gun was released: hypertalon).

Now many varium players might not care about the balance, and that's fine too. Just realize every time they add enhancement slots, it becomes more prohibitive for you to experiment with different builds and weapons. Once you enhance, you must continue to enhance to even maintain your current power. So as far as variety is concerned, if you have a str build you will have a certain primary, armor and gun. Now to have fun and try a support build, you may need to buy a new armor/primary and gun and enhance all of them. It may cost 7k+ varium just to switch builds on the same level, just for variety, without increasing your power at all. Even if you have already purchased the other equipment, every time you wanna switch to another sidearm you haven't yet enhanced, now you will need to do so or lose stats. This doesn't sound like opportunity or power to me, this sounds like restriction, if you are on any kind of a budget.

Even with reduced cost for credit enhancements, the enhancement economy for most players, varium and non varium alike is becoming a budget sinkhole. There NEEDS to be some way to recuperate the cost of enhancements either through un-enhancing or by upping the sale value of enhanced items.

< Message edited by B9000 -- 4/21/2011 12:57:55 >
Epic  Post #: 190
4/21/2011 13:12:55   
Vick Vega

@ B9000
I agree with you in the sense that I buy just about every weapon that comes out on the market in the hopes that one day things will be balanced to the effect that all of them could be useful in some unique build that can be viable. Creative builds are awesome and they can win some, but not consistently as far as I can see. Arcanis and Rooster are two of my favorite players to watch over the years because they come up with great adaptations on the mage during even the hardest times.

Please keep your posts civil, edited out the uncivil part. ~Rabby

< Message edited by Rabies -- 4/22/2011 1:04:07 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 191
4/21/2011 13:47:54   
TurkishIncubus

quote:

@VIX Don't be stupid,i'm not the only one that thinks this release is gonna be horrible. For what reason did you pick me to reply to when there over 100 posts against this upcoming release?

You are not the only one that thinks this release will be horrible but VIX is the only one that thinks this is a Great release :P

@VIX You are Joking right? Seriously :S

Epic  Post #: 192
4/21/2011 14:06:38   
Fay Beeee

^
May be not everyone has posted their views here.

Each to their own point of view.
Epic  Post #: 193
4/21/2011 14:14:18   
Vick Vega

I love you Faybee. One of my favorites... This one is a little tougher to dance around being that it is happening simultaneously. If it was Week 1 lower stats, Week two release some new weapons, Week three Nerf Skills, Week four Offer more enhancements it would have sounded like this…
Awwww
Yayyyyy
Awwww
Yayyyyy
But take and sell in the same week, as you can see, has brought nothing but…
WHAT?????

and the fact that the terminally optimistic people have refrained from chiming in is not helping this cause any...

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 4/21/2011 14:29:41 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 194
4/21/2011 14:22:14   
The Joker X

Im starting to smell a promo lvl 33 gun with 10 enhancements coming up. I really hope not, cus I cant take another 2.2k promo. The eggs already left a huge dent in my savings.
AQW Epic  Post #: 195
4/21/2011 14:34:55   
Vick Vega

That would be so great. Frositng on the cake... I might buy two packages if that were true lol....

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 4/21/2011 15:04:02 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 196
4/21/2011 23:45:24   
EDluyil

Only problem is that no matter how much people make "construtive critism" the devs arent going to change their minds. If it goes at this rate, soon epicduel players will NEED to pay to play.
Epic  Post #: 197
4/22/2011 0:56:09   
VIX

@ Vick Vega : You're Wrong ! i'm not kissing any Butt ! and i'm not going to start flaming cuz i don't really like flaming and i don't really use Forums. and idc what people think or says . i just say what i see. and watch you mouth when you're talking. " But if you could remove your lips from NW and Titan's butts just long enough to give a valid argument on either side of the issue that would be great... " <<< Takecare about what you're saying. hell i'm not kid ! you have to respect people and with who are you talking even if he is right or not , you have to takecare about what you're saying.

Thanks.

@ HelloGuy : Man i'm joking about this ,You think Spending money is Cool ? but can you do anything to stop Titan and Nightwraith Idea ? like the war thing you how many people didn't agreed with this idea cuz of spending varium and etc.. and i was 1 of those people , did anything changed ? no... , so like i said you or I can easly don't buy varium or don't use something cost a lot of money \ Varium... Anyways Hopefull you don't understand me wrong. was just chilling and you guys take it seriously ..

Thanks.

@TurkishIncubus : Hell yeah i was joking but people take it seriously and start talking like they are intelligent and thought me i'm a kid , if you think a bit guys about release none can changed anything , what Titan and Nightwraith do is going to stay nothing going to be removed so better do not post like those things exept something veryyyyyyyyyyy bad idk like what but something important , trust me guys none can change the release if you guys posted here. so it's up to you .

Thanks.

Anyways HopeFull we can stop here ! we don't need any problem on forum or any flaming . so takecare everyone :) .

~VIX

Epic  Post #: 198
4/22/2011 1:49:08   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

You know vix,if you're gonna say you don't visit the forum really and make a few posts with false claims that still venture within not making sense then why post it?You know for a fact that what you're saying makes no sense but you still post it,obviously backlashing will happen.Since when should people 'not take it seriously'.

I'll say this again,people spend REAL,not monopoly money.And here's a little question for you,since you're headstrong.Name me a single company that can sustain itself without customers... Don't scratch your head,just answer.

A company can only stay alive if customers keep it alive,stop acting as if titan and nw have all the power,WE DO.Do you understand what that means?It means that if the players stopped buying varium tomorrow then they'd listen to us and they'd be the ones playing kissy kissy.

The whole 'They'll release it if they want to,nothing you do or say can change their minds.'How much do you wanna bet me that eventually MOST players,even people like yourself will catch on,by that time you'll notice titan and nightwraith coming here a lot more often and chatting with the players being nice and asking their advice etc.

The reason i already gave you explains why,iv'e also explained that i was a shareholder in a business once.I know business,and i know that if your prices are beaten by a similar product then people will buy that product without ever remembering yours existed.
AQ Epic  Post #: 199
4/22/2011 1:54:12   
vinchuan

Maybe cut credit enchanting prices by 60-70%,
waaaay too high atm
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition