Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Deliverance.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Deliverance.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/30/2011 23:50:19   
nield
Creative!

Comments here

Prologue: The End is the Beginning.

The situation is dire. Sepulchure has laid his hands on all 8 Elemental Orbs and stands poised to dominate all of Lore... forever. The Heroes of Falconreach, while they have fought valiantly proved no match for Sepulchure in the end, losing the five Orbs they had to him. This is what happened next...

"HAHAHA! The Orbs are mine!" Sepulchure exclaims. The Heroes are scattered, fighting against impossible odds as many of them fall in combat. Then, as Sepulchure stands poised to unleash the full power of the Orbs, a blade of purple lightning appears. It crashes down into the center of a large chunk of Heroes and Sepulchure's minions, tossing them around indiscriminately. A man is revealed to be standing there. He is clothed simply, in purple armour with archaic runes that glow from time to time. He looks at Sepulchure and in the blink of an eye he stands before him.

"I'll be taking those." He says. Sepulchure laughs at him. "HAHAHA! I'm never gonna give yo-" Sepulchure is cut short as a blade pierces his chest. "You had your chance." The man says. Then he twists his blade and shears Sepulchure in half vertically. As this happens many of Sepulchure's minions either fall apart, no longer held by the magic that bound them, or they fall into clear disarray. The man turns to survey the scene before him. He takes off his helm, that of a dragon's head with mouth open. His face, is a pink/purple combination, which has seen many, many years and many wars. His cheeks are broad and a scar runs down his face passing over one of his eyes. His hair is long and flowing, pink in hue. his eyes are the colour of midnight, black tinted with purple. there are many scars on his face, mostly small asides from the one that passes over his eye, which he is able to see out of somehow.

"So... these are the Heroes of today?" He calls clearly. Many of them turn to look at him. Only one recognizes him. "Nield!" comes the cry from Mechajin Nanashi. The man, Nield looks at Mechajin. "So it appears you have done well all these years, Mechajin. That is good." The man drops his blade and it disappears. Then he is wielding an axe. "I do need to silence those who know who I am. As well as who I was." Within the blink of an eye he is bringing his axe down on Mechajin, to be met by the blade of a woman clothed identically to him. Nield bristles with anger. "How dare you defy me!" He snarls. The woman does not respond, keeping her concentration on fighting him off. After a while it is evident that Nield's power far surpasses that of the woman's, but he breaks off.

"Fine. Ally yourself with them. It shall make no difference." He says, disappearing and taking the Orbs with him.

The woman sighs as Mechajin approaches her. "Thank you for saving me." He says. She takes off her helm, identical to that of Nield's. Her hair is short and red. She turns to him, allowing him to see her face. Her face is fair and the colour of indigo. Her eyes are a soft blue, streaked with yellow. "You are welcome." She says to him. Mechajin cannot stop himself from asking; "Who are you, may I ask?" She sighs. "My name is Amanda Balthasar. I am... or rather, I was a General in Nield's Chaotic Armies. He is my father."

< Message edited by nield -- 5/1/2011 23:08:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/2/2011 4:18:03   
nield
Creative!

Chapter 1: Who?

The situation is grim indeed. A man, known by the name of Nield has killed Sepulchure and taken the Elemental Orbs. He appears to be a servant of Chaos and was only stopped from killing one Hero by a woman, Amanda, who is his daughter. Here is what follows there on.

"So... He's finally returned..." Mechajin muses. Many of the remaining Heroes are in a meeting. "You know him, Mecha?" asks the man who goes by the name of 'Kyle'. Mechajin nods. "Yes... I knew him... several hundred MILLION years ago." Many of the assorted Heroes take a collective blink. Mechajin certainly does not look to be all that old, only in his 30s. "Look, how we age matters not." interjects Amanda. "What MATTERS, is that you know that in all those years he... we all have been messing around with the entire multiverse. Any corruption you could speak of during those years, we were behind it." She gets many looks at this, the Heroes wondering just what HER role had been...

"Look, he said he'd be back some day. I still have his journal... around here... somewhere..." Mechajin says, sifting through his backpack. He pulls out some new-looking sheets of paper. "I've copied what lays within many times, so that we'd all have some idea of what we were facing when he returned. Although I must admit it was getting to the point where I thought he must have died."

The assorted Heroes read through the journal, which details major events in Nield's life from 400 years before he disappeared, to the last entry, written from Mechajin's viewpoint. "Mechajin... this last entry is written in your hand. I mean, from your point of view, as they are ALL writ in your hand." comments Kyle. Many other Heroes murmur their agreement at this oddity. One of the heroes finds herself deeply troubled by some of the contents. "I'd never realised... I thought the portal must have been broken, when nothing happened... only something DID happen..." comments Mritha. Mechajin nods. "I never told you because... well, you can see why." he says, indicating the entry written from his point of view.

As Mritha reads the entry, her breath catches. She shakes her head. "What chance do we have against this monster..." she mutters. Amanda slams her hand down on the table, startling everyone and drawing their attention. "Look, yes. My father became a monster, I will not defend him and I will not deny it. But I would not have you presume all lost before we even begin!" She exclaims. Some of the Heroes nod their heads in agreement, others look furtive and others still look bleak.

Mechajin strokes his chin thoughtfully. "But you are the only person with a hope of standing against him. The rest of us move far too slow." Amanda bites her lip, clearly deciding whether she should say what is on her mind. "What is on your mind?" asks Kyle. She shakes her head, "No. We shall only turn to him if all else falls short. She says in such a manner that all know the matter is closed.

"What we NEED is a plan..." Mritha says and the Heroes get to business.

Meanwhile...

"She stands in direct defiance of me... I should have dealt with her, before she is able to aid those pitiful 'Heroes'..." Nield is musing to himself when one of his necromancers comes up. "It is done, sir." Nield nods his head. "Good... bring it to me." The necromancer bows and walks away, soon, the Necrotic Blade of Doom is brought in, shrieking, but it quiets when Nield walk over to it. "You're going to tell me everything you know about this time period, sword..."

Back to the Heroes...

The Heroes are now in fierce argument, as they cannot agree on any method of attack. In the center of the furore, Kyle sits, thinking. "What if we are going about this the wrong way? What if... instead of directly attacking him we sneak in..." Amanda heard him and shook her head. "No, Kyle. Trust me, the one thing we CANNOT do is that... As the heroes argue further, the door to the inn is kicked open by a shadowy figure.

"You need help? I can give you help."

< Message edited by nield -- 7/9/2011 7:48:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/9/2011 8:55:32   
nield
Creative!

Chapter 2: An unlikely helper.

The heroes have argues and reached no conclusion. They seek to best Nield, and have been offered help, from a most unlikely person.

Many of the heroes got to their feet in uproar. "A Chaosweaver! HERE?!" Shouts one. Mechajin stands. "Calm down! He is not here to hurt us, he is the ambassador to Moonridge from the Chaosweaver Nation. His name is-" "Kri'eld. What are you doing here?" Mechajin is startled that Amanda knows Kri'eld. "How do you..." "Ah, Amanda. I have not seen you in a while... Not since... well, I believe I don't need to remind you, do I?" Amanda bites her lip. "Kri'eld is... an avatar, I suppose, of my father's. The question is, why would you help us?" The question is directed at Kri'eld, whilst the statement afore is directed to the heroes.

Many of the heroes stare at Kri'eld, stunned. "He is that powerful?" asks Kyle. Kri'eld nods his head. "And then some." says Kri'eld. "Look, Amanda, we may be manifestations of his, but that does not mean we support Nield. Why, I rather quite like this world as it is. Now, I cannot help you DIRECTLY in your assault on Nield, there is one who can. He takes the name of the weapons he wields. A pair of Kris, which he fashioned himself. Be warned if you seek him out, though. He is quite insane.

The heroes talked amongst themselves before coming to their conclusion. "Where do we find him?"

But the heroes are not the only ones planning...

The Necrotic Blade of Doom screamed as it was smashed to pieces, no longer of use to Nield. "So... most intriguing..." Nield turns to the orbs, smiling. "I think it's time to introduce some Chaos to the mix... Nield uses his powers to raise the orbs up, then merges each with its opposite. Fire merges with Ice, Water merges with energy, Earth merges with Wind and Light merges with Dark. Each of these merged orbs, that bristle with unbalanced power, are put into different parts of Nield's hideout. The Water/Energy orb is thrown into a pool of water, with water currents and electrical currents soon flowing. The Fire/Ice orb is placed in a room, that soon changes erratically between thousands of degrees, both above and below freezing. The Earth/Air orb is placed in a room deep within, where air soon either blows hard enough to dash a man against the walls with no effort, or leave the room entirely. The Light/Dark orb is placed in the precise heart of Nield's hideout. a grand chamber, that soon is either too bright to be in without one's eyes burning, or being completely devoid of light.

Back to the heroes...

"I can only tell you where he stays, you'll need to find your own way through his labyrinth. Kri'eld said to the heroes who were going to find this 'Kris'. Amanda, Mritha, Mechajin and Kyle were going, among others. "Let's be off." Says Mritha, and they are.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/5/2011 22:39:36   
nield
Creative!

Chapter 3: Seeking assistance and The Chaos Queen reveals herself.

The heroes have arrived at the entrance to the labyrinth, and are steeling themselvers to enter, unaware that their every move is watched...

"We are here. This is the labyrinth Kri'eld directed us to..." "Then let us enter, and hope that whatever awaits us is not too deadly..." The heroes entered, none of them noticing the woman, high up upon a cliff, watching them. Amanda, senseing something, turned and looked up at the cliff, but the woman was already gone. "Amanda? Is something the matter?" Amanda shook her head. "I thought I sensed something... but it was nothing." She entered.

The heroes entered into a room that was far too dark to see. The only source of light was a torch, which, before he could be stopped, one hero went to retrieve. It was the last thing he ever did, as, when he grabbed the torch, the ground beneath him opened up and he screamed as he fell, to be impaled upon spikes. His death, however, did light the way. With the lever pulled that was the torch, not only had the pitfall opened up, but other torches had been lit. Skulls and body parts were littered all over the room. One hero, an archer, eying the parts wearily, notched an arrow and fired it at one of the area where a full skeleton lay. The arrow depressed a floorplate and a spike trap fell from above. Several of the heroes could be heared swallowing. "Watch your steps. There should be some way to know where to stand..." Amanda merely smirked. she ran over to the other side of the chamber, quicker than any traps that were set off could catch her. "Here. There's a small map that describes the safe path. I'll guide you all." Some of the heroes were hesitant, still untrusting of Amanda. "If she was to kill us, she would have done so already." Kyle announced and followed Amanda's directions safely to the other side. Seeing this, the doubts were temporarily assuaged.

The forces of Chaos do not seek to allow the heroes to pass so easily however...

"Hahahah... So, they are seeking out poor old Kris, are they? HAHAHAH! Little do they know he will be of little help to them, is that not right, my wife?" The woman standing at Nield's side laughed. "Indeed. He is useless, after last I visited him." They laughed for a few minutes, before calming down. "Go, my wife. Deal with our errant daughter." Had the woman not been wearing a helmet, an evil smirk would have been evidant upon her face. "Of course. She shall see that turning one's back on their parents is not as easy as one might like." Both erupted into evil laughter again.

The heroes have moved through the labyrinth, and are nearing its end.

"Accursed undead! Out of the way!" Mechajin shouts, as he slashes through countless skeletons. "It's just a little farther, through that hallway!" Amanda shouts. The heroes all make it through and the doorway slams shut behind them. "Did that sound incredibly ominous to anyone else?" "Who goes there? Who has made it through my father's labyrinth alive?" A woman steps out of the shadows. It is the same woman that had been watching the heroes as they entered the labyrinth. She stands tall, at a whopping 7 foot 6 inches. She wears custom armour, which appears to be collected from various heroes. She wears the breastplate of a Guardian, the leggings of a Dragonlord, the boots of a Technomancer, her right arm is covered by Dragonslayer armour and her left by a Paladin's. She wears a helm that is unique, ever shifting, impossible to describe, as it appears the helmet of many different people at once, as it changes from form to form. She examines the heroes before her, and when her eyes lock with Mritha's, her face begins to contort into an expression of rage. "YOU! How DARE YOU set foot here again! I WILL KILL YOU!!!!" she roars, but before she is able to make good on her threat, an old voice rings out. "Stop, my child. She is not the one you believe she is." "But, Father, you can't-" "I do not need my eyes to see this, child. I can feel it. She is not her." An old man comes out, in some sort of contraption. It is a seat, with wheels attached and controls to allow the man to steer. His eyes stare bankly, gouges cut into them. His legs end just below where they start and his left arm is missing. "I am sorry for my daughter. My name is Kris. May I ask yours?" The heroes cannot help but stare. This is the man whom Kri'eld had said could help them?

"My name is Mechajin... and... please, forgive me if I am being rude... but... you aren't quite what we were expecting." The man nodded. "Yes... Kri'eld sent you, did he not? You come seeking my aid against Nield. Alas, I am in no condition... His wife paid me a small visit... and left me as you see. But... child, step forth." "You wish for me to aid them, Father?" The giant of a woman asked, stepping forwards. "Indeed. You are the heir to my name, and you hold my blades better than I ever did. Your name here and henceforth is Kris. And I am rendered nameless."

Just then, the doorway behind the heroes was obliterated, and the woman whom had been at Nield's side earlier stepped through the dust. "Ah, The Chaos Queen once more returns to my humble abode. How may I help you today?" "Mother..." was the whisper that escaped from Amanda's lips. The Chaos Queen lifted her helmet off and the heroes staggered back, shocked. "W-What?! H-How is that possible?!" "B-But Mechajin, didn't you say that..." "Mr-MRITHA?!?! I-I saw your dead body!" Mritha the Chaos Queen smirked. "What you saw was an illusion, made by that soldier you found in my chambers. There'll be time for reminiscing later, AFTER I have dealt with my daughter." "you mean... Amanda? Amanda is your daughter? But... But this doesn't make any sense! This isn't the Mritha I knew!" "No, I am not. The death of Odgne changed me. When Nield came offering for us to join him, we took up his offer. All of us. After a time, he and I grew quite close. Close enough to be wed and bear a child. A child who has betrayed us." Mritha raised her sword, the Dragonlord's Loss and pointed it square at Amanda. "And there is no salvation for traitors!" The newly dubbed 'Kris' was barely able to control her rage, shaking fiercely. "You... You're the one who rendered my father helpless! I'll never forgive you!" she ran at Mritha, but before she was even able to get close, Mritha sent out a blast of Chaos energy, knocking her back. "Hmph. A job left unfinished." She moved faster than could be seen and with one swift strike, removed the now nameless man's head from his shoulders. "NO!!!! FATHER!!!!!" "We have no choice! She is far too powerful for any of us to defeat, even all combined! We must retreat!" Kris ran and she pulled a lever, which opened a trapdoor under where Mritha was standing. She fell a bit, but was able to halt her fall before sahe reached the spikes. "You... are right. We must... leave for now. This way!" The heroes followed her. Once they were all outside, she pulled another lever, that caused the labyrinth to collapse on itself. A tear fell from her eye. "Goodbye... Father." She said, and the heroes began the long trek back to Falconreach.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/8/2011 4:34:02   
nield
Creative!

Chapter 4: The Forces of Chaos get serious.

The Heroes rest themselves, and find time to ask questions...

The Heroes sit around a small fire, the silence in the air deafening. Mritha however stands guard upon Odgne, out of earshot of the rest of the group. "So... You never-" "No." "Thought to tell us-" "No." "That Mritha was your mother?" "No." Silence reigns once more for a short time before being broken again. "Why-" "Would you even have believed me?" "Didn't you-" "Would you even have believed me?" "Tell us that she was?" "Would you even have believed me?" Mechajin thinks for a second. "No, probably not. But still-" "Yes, she did. But I could not find the words." "Mritha deserved to know." "Yes, she did. But I could not find the words." The Heroes are silent for a long time. "We had best get rest, and finish the journey home tomorrow."

The Heroes that had journeyed to the labyrinth rest for the remainder of the night, and in the morning, return to Falconreach... to find it aflame.

"Falconreach... No... It can't be..." The heroes ride closer and are greeted by a pile of bodies. Ash lies facedown, a large hole in his chest. Lim is skewered upon some scientifical contraption. Serenity lays haphazardly, her body at angles it was never designed to conform to. At the forefront of it all, Kri'eld's body is skewered upon a spear that juts from the ground. He is still alive, but barely, and beyond help. "Ah... Heroes... you have returned... I see... I see the daughter of the man... but what happened to-" "He... is dead, and I am Kris." Kri'eld nodded his head weakly. From nowhere, a tune begins to play. A man standing in the center of town could be seen beginning to bob his head to the side. "He... is the one who did this... We all did our best, but he was too much... Those who have survived have taken up shelter below... Down, deep within Ravenloss..." With those last words, Kri'eld lost consciousness for the last time in his life.

The Heroes now turned their attention to the man who had been the cause of the destruction of Falconreach. He is dressed plainly in the garb of a farmer, the only piece of Chaos Clothing he wears on his left hand. The glove that allows one to feed on their vitcims energies and summon weapons. He looks as Nield would without scars, and if he appeared 20 years younger. Amanda's face turns to a snarl. "Oh oh? What have we here? Some more rabble?" "More than just RABBLE, ISAAC!!" Comes a growl from Amanda's mouth. the man, Isaac's, expression changes to one of shock. "Oh? Is that any way to address your younger brother?"

The Heroes cough and splutter. this was Amanda's BROTHER???? "Just how many children do Nield and... and Mritha have?" "Another two, besides Isaac and myself." Mritha the Black Dragonlord shakes her head. "This is unfathomable..." "And is that Mother I spy? though not as she is... but as she was. the Black Dragonlord, Mritha. Hmph. You should count yourself lucky mother has forbidden any to slay your dragon... it would incapacitate you quite nicely." "And why would Mother do something so kind?" Isaac laughed. "Oh, don't think there's remorse in the depths of her heart. She knows the pain the death of ones dragon causes, and since they are the same person, she fears a possibility she will feel it again. There is no concern for the Mritha of your time in her heart."

Mechajin shakes his head. "Could the death of one's dragon really be that deep cutting? I know Mritha... became completely unresponsive after.... after what happened... But I refuse to believe she could really have become what she is now from just that!" "Oh, oh. Poor little Mechy. Can't believe his dear old friend could sink to such lows? Boo hoo. How you and mother even HAD that relationship is beyond me!" Mechajin feels a cold pit in his stomach. "M-Mechajin? You and..." "Yes... we were together for only a short time. But it was a happy time."

Now Isaac lets out a laugh that chills to the bone. "Well... it would be my HONOUR to slay you, who once knew my mother so well!" Isaac lifts his hands and a huge wall of earth erects itself around himself and Mechajin. Inside, an arena forms, where the two will do battle. "Mecha... We will not let you fight alone! Odgne!" Mritha leaps on Odgne's back and begins flying up, to see if she can get inside to help. However, before she can get up very high, an arm of stone erupts from the arena's walling and forces her back to the ground. Soon the rise of the arena stops, and there is a section from where the Heroes can see inside, but are unable to break through.

The tune increases in pace, and raises in volume. "So, who will come out victorious? The son? Or the old boyfriend? Let's find out!" Isaac announces, a grin on his face.

(It's cliffhangerlicious!)

< Message edited by nield -- 9/12/2011 4:17:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/22/2011 4:02:30   
nield
Creative!

Chapter 5: The first major battle against the forces of Chaos!

The Heroes face the first battle from which there is no retreat, yet only one of them shall be in the fight. Mechajin Nanashi shall be fighting off against Isaac Dremdor Balthasar. The only common thread between the two is Mritha, the Chaos Queen. Who will win? Her son? Or the man who once held her dear?

"Come, Isaac. I am a kind man. I will allow you the first blow, so you can try and inflict SOME damage before I avenge everyone who has died by your hand." Isaac laughed. "Oh, Mechajin. Your resolve is admirable, but I'm afraid your prediction of the outcome of this battle is very, very wrong." With that, Isaac held out his right hand. As he did, some of the earth raised up and cirlced around him. Then, it began to mould itself into an armour, which then affixed itself to Isaac's boy, creating a full-body protection of sheer earth. Before the last piece falls into place over his face, Isaac offers a parting shot. "Come and get me, if you can... Nanashi."

With that, the battle began.

Elsewhere, a young man returns to find Falconreach in its state...

The young man looked around, wondering what on Lore had happened here. "H-Hello? Be it that anyone there is in a position as such that my voice they can hear?" He received no answer, and he cautiously approached a pile of bodies. As he came near, his eyes widened, and he put his hand over his mouth to stop from calling out. "N-No... True be, this cannot! A mare of the night be, this must! A-Ash..." He fell to his knees by the friend who was the same age as him. "Did you your chance a knight to become ever get? Have you struck down been, before your future, you made?" The young man received no response from the cold corpse of Ash Dragonblade. The young man wept. After a time, he looked around, thinking he could hear signs of fighting. What he saw puzzled him. What appeared to be a large tower had sprouted from out of nowhere. "There... Surely, there the man for this monstrous act responsible is, hides. He, from me, shall know no rest. From me, he shall the feeling feel, of fear." The young man walked towards the arena.

Back to the fight...

The two were almost evenly matched, but Mechajin was a better warrior. Mechajin blocked Isaac's every attack and countered with his own. "Haaaaah.... You may be the better warrior, but I have control of earth on my side!" Isaac used his power to raise the ground below Mechajin. Mechajin simply jumped off, and knowing that Isaac would surely bring it down on him, destroyed it. Isaac erupted in fury. "YOU! I... I... I'LL NOT LET YOU GET THE BETTER OF ME!!!!!!!" Isaac raised both his hands, and caused the arena to collapse. The Heroes outside uttered cries of dismay, but soon they were blinded by the dust cloud the arena's collapse caused. When the dust began clearing, Mechajin could be seen standing, though badly injured as he had avoided and destroyed parts of the arena falling on him. From out of the dust, a spear of earth flew, that surely would have skewered Mechajin, had not a young man stepped in front and destroyed it with fire. Isaac erupted into fury again. "How DARE you get in my way?!?! I will kill that man, even if I have to go through a whole AR-" Isaac's voice cut off abruptly, as his eyes and mouth went wide. "N-No... that... THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!" There was true fear in Isaac's eyes as he backed up, his eyes forever on the young man walking towards him. "You are he, to whom the identity of the murderer of Ash belongs, be you not?" Isaac, in terror, could do naught but shakily nod his head. The young man's face turned into a snarl. "Then kill I will, with but my bare hands, you!" he shouted, charging at Isaac. Isaac whimpered and covered his face. He was no longer the man who had killed many of Falconreach's inhabitants. He was now but a scared individual, at the end of his life. The young man's fist connected with Isaac's hands, and due to the fire he had held in them, went straight through Isaac's hands, and out the back of his head."That, for Ash Dragonblade plus those others, my revenge is." The young man said, before pulling his hand back through Isaac's head.

The Heroes had watched this with a sort of sick feeling in their stomach. "Th-Thank you, friend." said Mechajin, holding his wounded arm. "Nothing, was it." said the young man before turning to face the Heroes. The Heroes all reared back. This young man was an again younger version of Nield, he appeared to be the same age as Ash. "Wh-Who are you?" Stammered Mritha. "The name that upon my birth to me given, was and is, Nield. Nield Garreth Blietstresky Balthasar." The Heroes were silent for a time. "That must be why Isaac was so afraid... why he said it was impossible... Nield, tell me, where were you born?" "The town where born and raised, I was, the name of Crowsglove has." "Never heard of it... where is it situated?" "Between Maguswood and the range east of Maguswood, of mountains, is where lies Crowsglove." "You said you were getting revenge for Ash... did you know him?" asked Mechajin. "Indeed Ash Dragonblade know, I did. He, when first time I in Falconreach arrived, my friend became. He with me, to Warlic went. Now lies he, his torso a hole within." The young, Lorian Nield crunched his hands into fists. "Be you Heroes the rest of that man's cohorts after be?" Kyle nodded. "Indeed. I'm surprised you don't know more about them..." The young Nield's eyes showed resolve. "Then myself allow, I ask you, to accompany yourselves." Many of the Heroes murmurred amonst themselves, most of them not trusting him as he was, well, their worst enemy, yet he was not. "You may come with us." Mechajin announced. "Without you, I would be dead, so I owe you thanks." Mechajin bent down and picked up pieces of his katana. It had broken when the arena collapsed. Nield took the pieces from him. "That better than before restore, I shall. To you my thanks I show through this." Amanda, who had stayed quiet through this all, spoke up now. "Nield... could you... please talk straight? It is a bit hard to understand you..." Nield bowed deeply to Amanda. "My apologies to you, beautiful Madam. I have grown accustomed to speaking in the normal tongue, though I do tend to revert to my normal way of speaking when I'm... taken by surprise." Amanda blushed a bit at how Nield addressed her. "U-Um... That's, kind of understandable. Please, though, call me Amanda." Nield bowed lower, even though his head had already been nearly touching the ground. "Then I shall call you Amanda. The name fits you quite well." Amanda's blush deepened. Kyle inched over to Mechajin. "Is Amanda being hit on by someone who's, kind of technically her dad?" Kyle whispered. Mechajin smiled. "I think that's an accurate way to describe this, Kyle." he answered softly. "That's messed up." Kyle said. "Well, Kri'eld said that those who survived had taken refuge in Ravenloss, we should head down there." The young Nield nodded, having somehow stood up straight without anyone realising. "Such a course of action would be best. I did not see Alina or Reens' bodies anywhere, so with luck anyone injured can get healing. Hopefully they'll have a forge down there too, so that I may repair and create new weapons. I feel we're going to need everything we need against these foes." Many of the Heroes raised their eyebrows and looked to Mechajin, as he was the unofficial leader. "I couldn't have put it better myself. Let's get moving, everyone!"

Elsewhere... news of Isaac's death reaches his father...

"Hmph. He is as useless as ever. No matter, now he is gone. At least he managed to complete his task by razing much of Falconreach and killing the inhabitants. Without this point of refuge and safety, many of the other towns should soon cave in." He thought for a while, before turning to the woman next to him. "Go deal with them, Hawk. Do not be as useless as your youngest brother." the woman nodded and walked off. Nield laughed to himself. "Take what comforts you can, Heroes. The tutorial has ended. Now, the game begins...

< Message edited by nield -- 9/22/2011 4:08:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/5/2011 6:04:52   
nield
Creative!

Chapter 6: Recuperating.

The Heroes have retreated to Ravenloss, where they were greeted cautiously. In these dark times, people no longer know who can be trusted.

"Whoa, Tomix! Easy with that, please!" Tomix, recognising the voice, stopped his attack. "Ah, Mechajin... Sorry about that, everyone is a little on edge, following... what happened above." Everyone looked downcast. "All we can do for them is ensure no-one else has to suffer the same fate." Amanda said. "There are some people here I'm not familiar with... who are they?" "I am Amanda... the daughter of the man responsible for everything that has happened." Tomix's expression turned to one of an emotion that is quite undescribable. Loathing, fear, anger and resolve were all contained within one expression. "Easy, Tomix. She is on our side. Without her, we'd most likely all be dead already." One could see that Tomix would remain distrusting of Amanda. "Hail, Tomix. You might not remember me." Tomix peered at Young Nield. "Unless I'm mistaken... Nield?" Young Nield grinned. "Indeed. Your memory does not fail you." "Your manner of speech leaves more of an impression... Good to see you're keeping to an understandable manner thoiugh." "My name, is Kris. But please, do not ask why I am named such." Tomix raised an eyebrow, but made no comment. "Tomix, is there a forge down here? I need to repair Mechajin's sword." "Ah, yes, this way. Everyone has moved to Pellow Village. As the Portal is the only way there, Pellow Village is far more easily defended than Ravenloss. Especially as some hostile Chaosweavers still linger. Some of us keep watch out here, because if we were swarmed, we would not have enough time to organise. Hold, whilst I go through. We don't want you being attacked by friends... again." Tomix entered the portal, coming out a few minutes later. "Come through." he said, and the Heroes did so.

In Pellow Village, Alina and Reens were waiting. "Mechajin, and anyone else who is injured, please come this way." Alina said, taking charge straight away. Young Nield followed Tomix to the forge, whilst the rest of the Heroes were left to have a look around.

Elsewhere... A woman rids the wind, heading for Falconreach... and Ravenloss below it.

"..."

Several hours later, in the depths of Pellow Village, an almighty explosion occurs...

"W-What was that?! Are we under attack?!" "No, the forge where Nield was working just exploded! Alina! Reens! Quickly!" Most people were running towards the forge. "By the Avatars... I hope he is unhurt!" Mechajin says as he joins his friends.

At the now destroyed forge, Young Nield stands. He is completeely unhurt. "H-How..." "Sorry to distress you all. I needed a great amount of fire to finish off the weapons... I did not mean to startle anyone." Many people were confused. Why would you need an explosion to create weapons? Young Nield hands Mechajin his katana. "Good as new." Young Nield announces. Mechajin swings his weapon around, testing the weight and feel. "Indeed it is." Mechajin then notices something near the hilt. "Nield... what is this?" "That. Is why I needed so much fire. You say the man responsible for all of this is a pyromancer, yes?" "That is correct... but..." "That little beauty will absorb any fire that your blade touches." "But... it IS a flame itself... how does it have any air in there to keep burning?" Young Nield smiles. "Magic, of course." he says.

Just then, one of the lookouts comes running through Pellow Village. "Help! We're under atta-" his words are cut short, as an arrow lodges itself in the back of his head. "Everyone, stay behind cover, on all sides! We'll deal with her." "Her? How could you know that it's a-" "Because only one person could make that shot... from Ravenloss." "Amanda... are you sure?" "Positive. Be careful. She is not a pushover like Isaac." "Sister?" "Correct." The Heroes now arrive at the portal. "She has control of the wind, so just because she can't see you, don't think she can't shoot you." The Heroes run through, and immediately ake for cover as they are bombarded by arrows. "I saw where she is, we'll have to-" Mechajin is cut short as two heroes next to him fall, dead. An arrow had penetrated the first's head and lodged in the second's heart. Amanda on the other side of him raises her eyebrows. "Interesting. It's not like her to miss." "That was a MISS?!?!" "If she had hit her target, we two would also be dead." Amanda cautiously emerges from behind her cover, and a small, sad smile comes onto her face. "Ah... that's why. Come. We won't get lucky like this again." Before Mechajin can say anything, Amanda walks out of cover entirely, walking towards the woman, who has one hand clutching her bow, the other is lightly placed on her bulging belly. "Is she... going into labour?" "Yes. That is the only reason we are alive." "So... what do we do?" "Take her weapons from her and secure her. We will not be harming her child. Someone go back to Pellow Village. Get a bucket of warm water and something to wrap the baby in."

A short while later, the baby is born. The miracle of life in a time where all seems lost. "Endeavour... his name. Endeavour." Amanda nods. "He will be raised well, Hawk. Do not worry." The woman, Hawk, closes her eyes. Amanda nods to Kris, who, after a moment of hesitation, slits Hawk's throat. "They took your father. You took their daughter." was all Amanda said. Kris did nothing but nod. "Come... let us return." The Heroes walk away from the body, none of them feeling particularly heroic.

Elsewhere...

"She WHAT?!?!" Nield bellows. The man before him seems to fold in on himself. "Sh-She's dead, sir. She went into labour and was unable to fight back..." Nield roared and punched the man's face in. "Knowing Phoenix... they waited until she gave birth before they did it. Which means THEY will be raising our grandson... AND NOT US!!!!" Mritha the Chaos Queen roared and drove her fist through a column that was next to her. "I am as upset as you are, but bringing the roof down on our heads does us no good! BELFAN! GET IN HERE!" Nield shouted. After a few moments, a small man in necromancer's garb hurried in. "Yes, father?" "Recall your little spies. They will serve us no longer in that capacity. Eventually the fools will try to take the orbs. You WILL stop them in the graveyard, am I understood?" Belfan smiled an evil smile. "Of course, father. Currently they oppose us. But they will find in the end... they have no choice but to serve..." "Then get out, Belfan." Belfan did so.

< Message edited by nield -- 10/7/2011 8:48:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/3/2012 18:12:16   
nield
Creative!

Chapter 7: A Spy's Despair.

The machinations of Fate have begun to turn... Can the Heroes accomplish the impossible? Or were they doomed before they even began?

"Kyle! Kyle, where have you gone!?" Mechajin called as he searched. "That fool... He's left a note, Mechajin. He's headed for Father's foretress." "What? Doesn't he understand the dangers involved? Darn him... We'll all have to go now... That darn fool is going to get himself killed!" "Or worse, if he runs into Belfan..." "Dare I ask why?" "Belfan is a Necromancer." "Oh, great. That's the LAST thing we need..."

Outside Nield's fortress...

"So... this is it. Nield's fortress. Impressive, but I've seen bigger." Kyle said to himself. He smiled. "This'll be a cakewalk." He said as he started towards it. Soon, he was overlooking the main entrance. "Hmm... plenty of sentinels here... plus the sentinels have sentinels. Who guards the guardians indeed... I'll have to find another way in." Kyle moved around until he found another plausible entrance. "Hmm... A graveyard? There don't seem to be any guards stationed here... I think I've found my way in..." Kyle cautiously moved forward, keeping to the shadows, and out of sight whenever he DID see anyone. Soon he was within the graveyard. "Hmm... even for a graveyard... this place is too quiet..." "I'm delighted to hear that you think so... Codename." Kyle whirled around at the voice, but he saw no-one.

"Darn it... knew this was too easy..." "Though I must admit... I'm somewhat surprised you decided to come on your own. I mean, I knew you had a bit of the Lone Wolf thing happening, but really? You thought to sneak into the base of one of the more powerful entities in existance, and what then? What was phase 2, Codename?" "Don't act like you even know the slightest thing about me..... But, would you oblige me one question?" "Most certainly. I just love granting a man's last request." "All these graves... from what I've seen, there is no way you could have lost this many people in the short time you've been here."

The man laughed. It was a giddy, almost hysteric laugh. "Of course not, of course not! Our only losses in our time here have been my brother and sister. Oh no, these are the graves of YOUR people, Codename!" "What? What purpose could you have with our people? King Alteon would never stand for it! Neither would the Paladin Artix!" The man laughed again, more hysterically this time. "Oh... Oh oh oh! You wouldn't possibly happen to mean... This King?" He said, and raised Alteon's body, only just starting to decompose out of one grave. "And that Paladin?" from another grave came the cold corpse of Artix. "N-no... Th-that's impossible! TH-There's no way... No way..." "Help me... Codename Kyle..." "M-My King? You can speak?" "Of course he can speak! His vocal cords remain, and unlike the petty Necromancers of your insignificant world, I allow my minions to speak. Their moans, begging me to release them, pleading for freedom... Nothing gives me anywhere near as much pleasure. Nothing."

By this time, Kyle was horrified. "Show yourself, you fiend!" he shouted, as he looked around for the mystery man. "I'm right here, Codename." said the focus of Kyle's search as he climbed out of an empty grave. "Oh, how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself. I am Belfan Delaxaner Balthasar, second child to Nield and Mritha. I am the Necromantic General, in charge of the undead portion of the Chaos Armies. And I love to set a man against those who meant the most to him. On that note... Alteon. Be a dear and despatch Codename, will you." Alteon groaned in refusal, but his body was forced to obey the command of its master.

For several minutes, Kyle was forced to lock blades with Alteon, but he couldn't bring himself to harm his liege, even though he could see Alteon was in a state of agony."Belfan! Stop this madness now!" "There's no fun in that, Codename. Say, just what IS your real name? Not even Alteon knew." "I'll die before I tell you." Belfan laughed again. "Considering I'm a Necromancer... that's entirely possible! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"! "You're a madman!" Belfan smirked. "Not really. I do as I'm told, and I do what I like. My pleasures in life are simple... even if they revolve around undeath. Am I really so crazy? Evil, I certainly am, make no mistake. But not crazy. Not insane. That was Isaac's purview."

By this time Kyle was barely controlling his rage. "I hope the Avatars smite you personally..." Belfan laughed. "The Avatars? Their power is as NOTHNG next to my father! You fought for the wrong side, Codename. And now... now you will pay for it. Minions... dispose of him."

Kyle's screams echoed far and wide... but no-one, not a single soul, heard them...

Some days later, the Heroes advance upon Nield's citadel...

Mechajin let out a low whistle. "Now that. Is a big fortress." "That's only a third of it, Mechajin. Twice that amount lies below the surface." "So large? How are we supposed to find ANYTHING within?" asked one of the heroes. "By storming in the front door, I say!" Amanda shook her head. "No. That way lies nothing but death. The front door is not an entrance at all. It leads in several hundred metres, then turns right to a dead-end. The entrance is actually... through the graveyard. Which means we have to go right through Belfan's little area to even gain entrance." "This seems more and more a fool's errand, the more progress we make..." "Surely it can't be too bad. I mean, what are a few undead minions?" "More than you think. None of you noticed, but the dead bodies from Falconreach were all gone. None of us moved them. Which means but one thing. They are Belfan's minions now. No matter who you face in that graveyard, strike them down without second thought. They would do the same to you, at their master's behest. Mechajin let out a breath. "Well... We've come too far to let up now. Let's see this through to the bitter end."

Soon enough, the Heroes were where Kyle had been several days before. "Look, there is Kyle! Why does he just stand there?" "Because he is the bait for the trap that Belfan has left us." A man's sigh was audible, as he climbed from an emptry grave. "Oh, you really ARE no fun at all, sister. Well, no matter. Minions... arise." From the graves arose the corpses of those whom had died in this hopeless war. All of Isaac's victims, Alteon and Artix, Galanoth, even Twilly and Warlic were of their number. And there was do distinguishing between Hero or Villain, either. Xan was there, as well as Frostscythe and Drakonnan. The longer-dead were given no respite either, as Demento's haggard old body could be seen too. "You truly are a monster..." "Am I really so bad? Do you not collect the weapons of your enemies for your own use? That's all I have done here. the difference is simply that my weapons... are people. Minions. ATTACK!"

Before the assorted dead could take a single step however, someone exploded with rage. "YOU DARE IN A MATTER THIS, AS SUCH, DEFILE THOSE, WHOM THEIR END MET BEFORE THEIR TIME THEY DID?!?! YOU BUT A COWARD ARE, A WEAKLING TOO! TO THESE TO WHOM DENY THEIR REST DO, YOU PERPETRATE. ASH DRAGONBLADE A KNIGHT BECOME HIS ONLY WISH WAS. HE BEFORE HIS PRIME STRUCK DOWN WAS, AND BROUGHT BACK FOR SELFISH PLEASURE ALONE, YOU HAVE DONE. YOU THESE POOR SOULS DEMAND THEIR SERVICE DESERVE DO NOT!!!! MAY A FLIGHT OF ANGELS SING THEE TO THY REST, POOR SOULS!!!!" As Young Nield shouted the last words, he unleashed such a blaze, that near all of those gathered before him were incinerated in a single instant. Belfan dived into the grave he had crawled out from, dragging Kyle down with him. When he poked his head back up, all his minions were gone, and Young Nield was left huffing and puffing, exhausted from what he had just done. The thanks of souls as they were set free was audible to all. "Kill that monster..." said Young Nield before he fell, unconscious. "I'll handle this one..." said Mritha.

Halfway to the grave where Belfan cowered, his lone remaining minion, Codename Kyle climbed out from the same grave. "Go! Gogogogogo! Quickly quickly, put an end to them, by the hatred of my father!" Kyle's groan of refusal was loud, but his body was forced to obey the will of the one who commanded it. "Come, Kyle. Allow me to set you free." said Mritha. Before they could engage in combat, however, Kyle stopped. He shakily dropped to one knee, and exertion was obvious on his face. "What is happening?" asked Kris, bemused. "I... resist..." said Codename Kyle. "THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!" Mechajin smiled. "No, it it not. You have underestimated his willpower. Mritha... free our friend from his slavery, and then take care of the worm who sought to control our very lives." Mritha bowed her head. "Goodbye, Kyle... it was an honour to fight beside you." she said and removed his head from his shoulders. "Thank you..." came the whisper from the soul of Codename Kyle, as his soul departed for a better place than here.

Belfan scrambledout from his grave and away from Mritha, who advanced towards him. "M-My minions are gone... I know not how to fight! Y-Y-Y-You would kill a defenceless man?!?!" "Normally, no. But I make an exception in your case. You deserve to SUFFER for what you have done... but there is no time for that. So We'll just have to settle for the next best thing." Mritha sliced across the tendons in Belfan's arms and legs. "Now, with your body useless to you..." she kicked him into the empty grave he had used as a hidey-hole. "N-No... Y-You couldn't possibly... YOU WOULDN'T!!!!" "I would." she said, and kicked the pile of dirt next to the grave into it. Belfan screamed as he was buried alive.

"The world is now a better place... Come. Let us enter."

Two of Nield's children now lie dead, with one not long left before he joins them. And the Heroes enter the Citadel... Can they really pull it off?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/26/2012 7:33:42   
nield
Creative!

Chapter 8: Deliver Us From Chaos...

The Heroes are at the end of the road. But what lies there? Salvation? Or Despair?

Their feet beat upon the stone floor, as they ran through corridors and down stairs, and up stairs and tumbling down near-sheer stone shafts. They ran, their footsateps echoing through empty halls, "This is far too easy. Where are all his minions?" "Stay on your guard. We should be running into some of them very soon." The Heroes tightened their grips on their weapons. They soon burst into a large hall, where a very large amount of Nield's soldiers waited. "There! On the other side of this hall, there's the staircase leading down!" A voice rang out laughing and eight men and women stepped forward, toward the Heroes. "Welcome, Heroes of Lore! You seek our mighty King, He, the betrayed, He, the powerful, HE! THE INSTRUMENT OF YOUR DESTRRRRRUCTION! He will see you. If and ONLY IFF! You pass the challenges set forth by him, in the form of a series of grueling chall-" The man was interrupted by a hammer, that collided with his head, and bent his neck back at an angle that severed his cerebral cortex, among other vital things. The Heroes whirled around, as none of them used hammers. "Always hated th' theatrical types." said the large man at the head of a new group. "Father!" cried the Lorian Nield.

Fjorrik smiled and stepped forward, laying a hand upon his son's head. "Yeh've grown, son. But let us handle this one." The main group of Heroes were speechless. Before them was a group of Legendary Heroes, all of them thought dead. Fjorrik 'Heavyhammer' Balthasar, the man with the strength of a thousand Giants. Lyondor, the Dragonlord Lost, his skill with a sword the stuff of legends. Shane, the Archer of 100 storms. Silvana Sterling, Silver Siren of Riddles, her beauty matched only by her skill with daggers. Gabriel Millenium, the first Chronomancer, her powers over time second to none. Esterb Eltorath Geeltiar, a Barbarian of such savagery, that he was hunted down, by nearly all of Lore. Aribel Arhart, Queen of the seas, a Pirate of honour, yet so feared, that no MAN dared walk the wet sand upon a beach without her say-so. And lastly, T.I.T.E, a master of magic with no peer, For none could ever hope to match his complete mastery of the elements. "And just WHO are you lot supposed to be?" asked one of the now 7 warriors that had stepped forward. "We're no-one special. We're just th' inhabitants 'f a small town, Crowsglove. 'Nd we're here t' stop ye. This be Lore. Invaders 'rnt welcome."

Om Fjorrik's last word, the Legendary Heroes jumped into action. Shane's bow was up instantly, and an arrow lodged inbetween the eyes of the woman who had asked the identities of the group. T.I.T.E was playing havoc with the senses of another, using his mastery of Darkness before becoming bored. "They call me T.I.T.E. It's an acronym. Do you know what it stands for? It stands for: This Is The End." with that, he unleashed a blast containing EVERY known element... and a few that weren't. Three down. Lyondor had set himself up against the best swordsman from the eight, and was busily hacking and slashing away, in a hallf-hearted manner that his opponent was not even able to guard against. With one final feint and a stab, it was over. Aribel was standing 30 paces from her opponent. "A'right, ye dog. at th' sound of th' hammer, draw!" Her opponent, confused, was about to ask 'what hammer?' when Fjorrik let loose a mighty blow upon the ground, and in the blink of an eye, Aribel's pistole was up and fired, quickly despatching her opponent. Five down. Silvana was adance, her daggers flashing, as he beautiful voice mesmerised her prey. Before long, he fell from bloodloss. Esterb bounded toward his foe, who seeing the sight he saw, ran. This did not stop Esterb from catching him, and tearing his head off, roaring as he did. Gabriel was making her foe age from infant to decrepit old woman, over and over, until she pleaded for mercy. Gabriel smiled, and made her opponent age to her death.

"Eight down, 'nd we've not broken a sweat. 'O's next?" he asked. At this, the spell that had seemed to overcome the soldiers, leaving them slack-jawed, disappeared, and they charged en masse. The Legendary Heroes grinned, and charged as well, Esterb at their head. When the two groups collided, dozens of soldiers were sent flying by Esterb alone. Shane stayed back, along with T.I.T.E, and together they laid down support. Soon there was a gap through the enemies. "Go! We shall hold them here, and meet with you later!" shouted T.I.T.E to the Heroes. They nodded and ran through, slicing down any who got in their way. Soon, they were descending the spiral staircase, the sounds of fighting soon failing to reach their ears anymore.

Mechajin let out a low whistle. "I can't believe... Legendary Heroes, all of them! And two of them are your parents?" This last bit was directed at Nield. "Yeah. But, there isn't really anything THAT special about them. A lot of them live quietly. Except for Esterb. He sometimes keeps the village awake at night." The Heroes shake their heads. None of them ever thought they'd meet any ONE of these figures, let alone a whole VILLAGE of them. "Regardless... They saved our arses back there. I'm not sure how well we would have done against so many foes without their assistance." "Well, we're about to find out, I think. We're coming to the bottom of the staircase now." Amanda announced, and the Heroes braced themselves for what was to come. They stepped out into a large open hall, with a single figure standing in its center. It was Mritha, the Chaos Queen. Though she stood adorned in her old armour, rather than a set of Chaotic Clothing. "Two of you, step forward and face me." she called out. With a quick glance around, Mritha and Amanda stepped forward. Mritha the Chaos Queen wrinkled her nose. "Hmph... you two... No Chaotic Clothing, daughter." she said, and snapped her fingers.

Amanda's set of Chaotic clothing was replaced by what seemed to be her personal set of armour. White as pure snow in colour, her armour made those present think of an angel. Mainly it simply conformed exactly to her body, even scars and blemishes seemed to be reproduced on the armour. From the back extended 20 foot long wings, each a rainbow of colours. The helm appeared to be of a phoenix's head. In her hand she held a sword that ran straight and true, though it was in direct contrast to her figure. The blade was made of the same metal that Nield had used for his armour, and his scythe. The rare black metal, with the red pulsing veins, that has been named Pyromantium, due to its inherent properties of fire. Her sword had only one vein of red though, that ran the center of the flat of the blade. the hilt seemed to be made of a starch-white bone, that was adorned with feathers, similar in colour to those of the wings that protruded from her back.

Amanda turned to the Heroes, and spoke. As she did, the beak of the 'helm' opened, and the Heroes had a sudden realisation. This wasn't a set of armour... this was what she actually looked like! "I am sorry, my friends... I have not been entirely truthful with you. For start, I withheld this form from you... and I lied about my name." "Come on, Phoenix, my daughter. Do not keep me waiting." Amanda- or, rather, Phoenix- turned towards her mother. "My apologies, friends. I shall answer your questions... Right after I deal with Mother dearest." With that, she took flight, her massive wings bearing her aloft on artificial updrafts. "Come at me!" shouted The Chaos Queen, and both Phoenix and Mritha obliged.

Mritha charged and Phoenix dive-bombed toward the Chaos Queen, Who gripped her sword tightly. Quickly she parried the swordblows from her Dragonlord self, before jumping up and giving her daughter a swift kick to the side of her beak, which through her off-balance, and nearly went careening into a wall. Back on solid ground, the Chaos Queen went on the offensive, striking with such swiftness and ferocity that Mritha was sent staggering back with each blow. Not long before Mritha's defenses would have caved through, Phoenix returned, coming from the other direction, a quick thrust that the Chaos Queen somersaulted over, as Phoenix planted her feet firmly on the ground, her wings out behind her moving to encircle the Chaos Queen completely. Reaching a hand out, Mritha the Chaos Queen ripped a bunch of feathers from Phoenix's left wing, which caused her to shriek in agony, and pull her wings back behind herself. Phoenix and Mritha then went on a simultaneous offensive, striking with such rapidity that the Chaos Queen was forced into a defensive position. Pulling both Mritha's and Phoenix's blades into a lock, the Queen started to twist, in an attempt to disarm her foes. A quick punch to the face from Phoenix put an end to the attempt, and Mritha, her sword free, was able to cut down the Queen's armour. With a cry of pain, the Queen leapt back, blood slowly oozing through the thin gash down the length of her breastplate.

Taking several deep, ragged breaths, Mritha the Chaos Queen eyed her opponents warily. "Very impressive... you wounded me. But I promise you, it will NOT happen again!" With that, she leapt forwards again, eager to repay the two tenfold for the wound they had visited upon her. Armed with fury as she now was, the Chaos Queen became even more dangerous an adversary, her blows struck faster and faster, and soon she was pushing both Mritha and Phoenix back. However, in her fury, she overreached. Mritha rolled aside from a blow and the Chaos Queen overbalanced. "This is for Kris' father!" Mritha cried, as she plunged her blade through the Chaos Queen's back.

From the staircase came applause. The Heroes whirled around, some of them drawing arms, but the person applauding was Lyondor. "Well finished, young Dragonlord! The others should be here shortly. We don't want Esterb attacking you lot, now do we?" A couple of Heroes paled at the thought, remembering what he had done to the soldiers upstairs. Mritha the Chaos Queen gurgled, and managed to speak. "I'll... I'll be back to finish the job..." and with those words, she disappeared, leaving a puddle of blood behind as evidence that she had even been there. At that point, Phoenix reverted back to 'Amanda', but she incinerated the Chaotic clothing, and returned to her true form. "So... This is the real you, then, is it?" Mechajin asked. "Yes... I am sorry for the deception, but... I was not sure you would trust me, unless you saw me like one of yourselves. I am deeply sorry." she spoke, her voice lighter and higher than it had been in her other form. It as matters see, I do not. You as trust we do as gained. Actions yours, are as what substance holds. Astray led, mine son's group, you are as not as seem to have. The doubt benefit, I as to you do give." said Silvana, as she descended the stairs. Most of the heroes looked blankly, then turned to Nield. "She said: 'I do not see that it matters. You have to gain our trust. Your actions are what matters. You do not seem to have led my son's group astray. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt'." Phoenix bowed in thanks to Silvana.

Soon both groups had met up, and T.I.T.E healed Phoenix's wing where Mritha the Chaos Queen had ripped off some of her feathers. T.I.T.E was also keeping Esterb under control. Soon, the now-larger group were on their way again. They exited the hall and found themselves overlooking a huge maze, larger than any labyrinth, that they would descend to, via a small set of stairs, barely large enough for one person. "That... is massive. How are we supposed to find our way through? I can't pinpoint any way through from up here..." Phoenix laughed. "That is because there is no way through. There is nothing at the other end, either. We have to jump off. "J-Jump off?" stammered Mechajin. Phoenix nodded, and dived right off the edge, into the abyss! "That's mighty easy for her to say... she has wings! But... I agree there doesn't seem to be any way through the maze. Just look, there's a wall across the whole length of the maze just beyond the middle of it. I say... We jump!" he said, and pulled Esterb off the edge with him. Soon enough, the rest of the Heroes followed suit.

They fell for around ten minutes. When they neared the bottom, their speed was reduced, until they touched the ground without making a noise. "Well, that was certainly... different." Mechajin stated. "Yes. But now we're in the actual maze. And it is twice the size of that one up there!" At this, there were a few groans from the Heroes. "Well then... I don't believe there's anything else for it... Lead the way, then...?" "Phoenix. My name is Phoenix." "A phoenix named Phoenix. How droll." commented T.I.T.E.

It took the group several hours to navigate the maze, but when they did, they saw a MASSIVE set of doors. "Is this...?" "Father's throne room. He'll be inside, and I've no doubt Mother has healed up already. She'll be with him, I have no doubt. Now... ASHT'ERRA, ARDVWEILD, ENDASKERORT!" chanted Phoenix, and the doors opened inwards, to reveal Nield waiting for them, seated on his throne, resting his head on his hand, and smiling. "Welcome, one and all! I see most of you have managed to make it here. Though I note an absence or two. Now then. As much as I've enjoyed our little game... it's time for it to-" "Stop." The voice that interrupted Nield took everyone by surprise. Several people recognised the voice, all reacting at once. "Th-That voice! It can't be!" "M-My Lord Chaos! How unexpected!" "Ultimatum! You little snake..." "Wh-What? But I never called on you..." "You... YOU... YOOOOUUUUU!!!"

"Wait... did Nield call him... Lord Chaos?" Fjorrik spat. "That snake ain't Chaos, even if he exists. His name is Ultimatum." "Quite. Nield, your services have been performed commendably, but You are not who We are." "M-My lord?" "Oh. My. God... Look. LOOK AT HIM! He... He's... He's Nield... He's each and every single Nield... Across each and every single reality." Ultimatum smiled. "How perceptive. But we cannot be many. We must be one. And we cannot be THIS one. He is the weakest of all. The only one weak enough, OR stupid enough to embrace 'Chaos'. He has made a good puppet, but He cannot be who We are. He and His soldiers of Chaos... will now die. Their Chaos Clothing will now drain them of life." True to Ultimamtum's word, Chaos Nield and Chaos Mritha started screaming, and aging before the Heroes' eyes. "You... Your voice is so... YOU." Nield's eyes snapped open and an understanding flowed through him."You are the one who brought me back to life, all those years ago... You... You messed with my mind when you did that! I AM NIELD! I AM THE PINK PYROMANCER! I AM A GENERAL OF PINK! NO MATTER HOW MUCH I DISAGREE, THE DECISION OF OUR GLORIOUS LEADER IS FINAL!!!! I WILL NOT BE YOUR PUPPET!!!!! I WILL BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" With that cry, Nield was engulfed in flames, and his Chaotic Clothing incinerated. Then, a large amount of Pyromantium erupted from the ground, and he used to to mold himself a second set of his own armour, most of which had been destroyed during the war he waged against Green. There was, however, nothing he could do for his wife, as soon she was reduced to a dry husk. Ultimatum looked untroubled by these events. He raised an arm straight up, and a portal opened. Through the portal fell two figures. This, however, appeared to displease Ultimatum. "We were only able to bring two through to here? Unfortunate. But it matters not." With that, Ultimatum disappeared. Nield, his mind now free, went over to his wife, and held her dry, shriveled hand against his head. "Please... I know... I know I can never make up for what I have done... But please. PLEASE! Let me help you. That... That THING must be stopped. It has pulled through two other Nields... I think it plans to bring them ALL here... What its plan then is, I can only guess. But having four different Nields in one single reality is bad enough, if it succeeds in bringing all of them here... it won't matter WHICH Nield it thinks it is... The whole of reality would be destroyed!!!!" The Heroes were silent for a few minutes, before Mechajin stuck out his hand. "Welcome back, old friend."

The true mastermind behind Nield and 'Chaos' is revealed. Ultimatum! It turns out 'He' is every single Nield, But he is searching for an identity... a singularness. And it might just destroy the whole of everything if it succeeds! Nield's mind has been freed, and now, they must all work together. To save EVERYTHING!

Deliverance: End.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Deliverance.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition