Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/22/2011 17:00:11   
AQWPlayer

This is just too fair :)
However, this will make varium have even more credits than they have now, and this will cause them to ask for strong items that cost insane prices (ex:60k credits for non varium version and 20k credits+1k varium for varium version)
AQW  Post #: 101
5/22/2011 17:37:07   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

I agree with the new prices, but for those who have already purchased a lot in variums, it's a big rip-off to them. Maybe if you were to obtain enough Artix Points for 5000 variums for every $50 pack you bought and scale it from there, it would be more fair.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
5/22/2011 17:52:25   
Donny The Ultimate

If this idea goes through ill be buying more varium :)
DF  Post #: 103
5/22/2011 17:54:36   
Epic Pwnser

This kind of varium pricing will inflate prices.
And 20,000 credits for a $50 package will cause havoc on non-variums. It's really hard to obtain credits in battle as it is already.
If this happens, then double the credits we get each battle.

Or, scale everything so that the varium we purchased before matches the new varium pricing. So everything doesn't go into the 20k spectrum.

You bring up a very good point, and as such I have returned the credit prices back to their old values. To be honest they are fine at their current values, as I've never seen anyone say anything bad about them. ~Wise

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/22/2011 18:50:21 >

Epic  Post #: 104
5/22/2011 17:59:09   
The UnleaShedWolfZ

WOW !

I'll buy the 50$ pack if its worth it :D

but we only need free change looking D: (500 credits np)

60k credits for non varium version and 20k credits+1k varium for varium version)

credits np man :O
variums : its 995 (1k -.-) + 5 ? .-. , where's the problem ?

but free change looking with 700 credits also np !!!

Please do not double post, use the Edit button instead, thanks! ~Wise

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/22/2011 18:41:14 >
Epic  Post #: 105
5/22/2011 18:09:56   
beastmo

Extra varium if perfectly fine or they lower prices on gear etc your choice :D

Epic  Post #: 106
5/22/2011 19:16:45   
uria9

sounds fair enough but the admins will NOT do it
Post #: 107
5/22/2011 19:44:45   
Shadronica

Wiseman your proposal would do for a start. However, look at this thread for my real thoughts ...
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19028685
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 108
5/22/2011 19:46:18   
Sky Drifter

lol i could get 3 50k varium packs if it were that cheap.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
5/22/2011 19:57:02   
RKC

This is not gonna happen.

If it does please, please, please!!!

Give us compensation.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 110
5/22/2011 20:06:42   
endtime

This is an excellent idea!

Also, coming from someone who has bought several $50 dollar packages, compensation would not be necessary because at the time we bought past packages, the prices we paid for the packages were reasonably fair. Now, varium certainly runs for significantly less items and features.

When prices inflate, salaries inflate. It's economics and makes complete sense.
AQW Epic  Post #: 111
5/22/2011 20:08:47   
One Winged Angel1357

Ok Wiseman thank you for that and i think setting it all onto one stat would probally be the smartest idea and i suppose dropping it all on STR would be the easiest to code(i dont know much on that set of coding but STR is first so i can only guess)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 112
5/22/2011 20:59:14   
Alley Cat

People have complained about the prices of varium and how much it costs to play Epicduel. Finally someone (Wiseman) listened to us and came up with a great idea that will give paying players more for their money.

Now rather than everyone being excited over the possibility of this change, some of you are stating (almost demanding) for more, you now want compensation for previous purchases. I feel that some of you have little to no concept of how life in the real world works. So I would like to give you an example:

When the housing market was at its peak, I saw a house on my street sell for $495k dollars. Just a few short years later, the housing market crashed. I then saw the house next door to the $495k dollar house sell for only $150k dollars. These 2 houses next door to each other are of the same size, and have the same amount of land. The owners of the $495k dollar house will not be compensated for this because, simply put; it was their choice to purchase the house when they did.

Another example: Mcdonalds hot apple pies were $1.00 each, in recent years they have been reduced to, two hot apple pies for $1.00. If you ate hot apple pies for 10 years before the price reduction, you can not expect compensation for something you chose to purchase.

I feel that no compensation is deserved on previous purchases. I myself have spent $1700 in the past year supporting AE, I would just be happy if they implemented the new pricing that Wiseman has suggested. We chose to support the game and be paying players. (Chose is the key word in that sentence). We were not forced in any way to spend our money. Just because some of you may regret making that choice, does not mean you are due any compensation. Have a nice day. ~ToySoldier~

AQW Epic  Post #: 113
5/22/2011 21:34:55   
Xendran

ToySoldier, i feel that you have little to no concept of how PR and company image works.
Games are not meant to be the same as the examples you gave. If a company changes something like this, giving minor compensation increases their image which also increases their profits.
Also, for the mcdonalds example, mcdonalds has days where they give out free coffees, and lower prices for certain time periods, and it increases their profit. It is the same method as this would be.
Nobody said compensation is deserved, however compensation is a good way to boost company image, which in turn encourages new people to buy in as well as people who have bought in to encourage others.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 114
5/22/2011 21:39:52   
m16dern warfare

support support support!

omffgomgfomgofmgofgm

i would buy so much more if more variumw as included ofmgomfogm

Please do not stretch the page, I've removed the extra spam from the post. ~Wise

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/22/2011 22:03:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 115
5/22/2011 21:43:20   
DeathGuard

Well, I seen this thread having so excellent comments, Anywas it would be a great step for ED to implemented this.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 116
5/22/2011 22:55:39   
Shadronica

I feel that your discussion on helping with the varium pricing is a wonderful starting point. BUT! I can't help but feel that whoever sets the pricing on this game will absorb the extra varium even if we do manage to get more. Hence a higher inflation rate.

Please I don't wish to sound like a gloom and doom prophet by any means but this game needs a serious shake up. There is more wrong about this game than there is right now. The negatives are outweighing the positives.

I stay here for the friends I have made ... community = win/win.

Enhancements, war kills, rarity board, fame, game balance issues and other ruthless marketing ideas have totally taken the gloss off this once pleasurable game. Too much fancy schmancy "show me the money".

If this game had been allowed to run a true course it would have had to make more servers to accomodate all the players it would have had generating a lot more money.

Currently the few varium players left here are being expected to pay big dollars to keep this game running.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 117
5/22/2011 23:02:36   
Sama Swag Down Pat

Yea

Guys, Im samaximus btw, so please support this.

This idea should come to be because an average job gives you 8$ minium wage plus taxes - 1$

5 hours of work gives you 35$ Not even enough for one big varium package. How am i supposed to pay the builds.
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
5/22/2011 23:28:34   
ForTun3

i say it should just be half price, easy to do and i know i would end up still spending 50 n just buy 2 packs rather than one, i would totally buy more if it was cheaper... afterall we are paying for 1s and 0s not that im complaining... :)
Post #: 119
5/22/2011 23:36:21   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

I also feel the weapon price structure be must changed. Since nearly all standard weapons both varium and non varium have less compared to their rare counterparts, the prices should be reduced to reflect that difference. They should be reduced 25-50% off current rates. People will know these items are not as strong as rares, and the less of cost will be a positive indicator.

The rares system is also quite off to me.

What is a limited time rare? What is a limited quantity rare? Both must be specifically designed, so a players know what they are purchasing.

When the game first installed the "limited quantity rares", many thought it was specifically what the first week indicated. People paid the inflated rate, just to find out, they can be replenished many times over. Bottom line on this, sell exactly what you say you will sell. If it is 100 a week for 4 weeks, then say it. If it only 200, then say it. I have no clue why AQW's version is so clearly outlined how it works, while the ED version is nothing more, then keep putting it out till the demand weakens. It is very deceptive to call these limited quantity, if they are truly not. Clearly state the details.

I also feel the cost of in-game promo items should not be taxed with "Premium tag". Devalue of varium should not happen when wanting to purchase a promo rare. It should be a true at cost weapon with no "Premium" increase.

If people want to sit and wait for rares to pay with their varium, they should have that right. The advantage of buying the high end package is that the enhancements are pre-built.

This game is not like AQW where weapons are essentially equal to one another and the abundance is quite smaller to what aqw puts out every week.

We will have many tiers of players from

Non-varium
Enhanced-nonvarium (committed players using their enhancements with credits)
Budget Varium ( Buying reduced in-game weapons)
Mid level Varium ( Combination of reduced and rare items)
High level Varium (Financial Supporters of the game, buying all the items to support the game)

AQW Epic  Post #: 120
5/22/2011 23:39:56   
goldslayer1

quote:

When the game first installed the "limited quantity rares", many thought it was specifically what the first week indicated. People paid the inflated rate, just to find out, they can be replenished many times over. Bottom line on this, sell exactly what you say you will sell. If it is 100 a week for 4 weeks, then say it. If it only 200, then say it. I have no clue why AQW's version is so clearly outlined how it works, while the ED version is nothing more, then keep putting it out till the demand weakens. It is very deceptive to call these limited quantity, if they are truly not. Clearly state the details.

heres the problem, LQS doesn't work for aqw. it works for ED but if its on a larger quantity
IMO it should be limited time shop that way EVERYONE has the chance of getting that item within that time span (like 48 hours)
this way there wont be complaining for items like bunny borg being sold out in less than 30 minutes.
AQW Epic  Post #: 121
5/23/2011 0:01:09   
Shadronica

Your right goldslayer even if they opened the LQS initially for 48 hours then opened it for another 24 hours the next week would allow the interested players a good window of opportunity.

Once again Jzaanu is correct with her post regarding the price structure of in game weapons. Also she is correct that ambiguous information is posted from the game developers or at least the specific information is lacking. I just wish that Charfade and Cinderella would spike Titan and Nightwraith's coffee/tea/soft drinks with a potion for common sense and communication in it. It is meant as a joke everyone excuse my poor attempt at humor.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 122
5/23/2011 0:13:28   
AQWPlayer

quote:

This game is not like AQW where weapons are essentially equal to one another and the abundance is quite smaller to what aqw puts out every week.

I like more collecting AQW rares than ED rares. Reason: This game NEVER gives us rares >:( and by rares I mean non varium rares
AQW  Post #: 123
5/23/2011 0:28:40   
BurningFlames

This is a great idea

Supported :)

AQW Epic  Post #: 124
5/23/2011 2:43:59   
Wiseman

@ JZaanu & Shadronica: I'm sorry, but repricing in game Varium items is not an option, at least not at this time. They would need a full balance team to check and reprice each weapon/armor/bike/bot/house item, and the changes would have to also include things like class/name change (most likely). A full balance team is something they cannot obtain at this time, simply because they do not have the resources, and AE cannot spare any staff members either, because each is already assigned to other projects.

What you have suggested is something that would be take a long time and a lot of effort to make happen, the developers would have to halt all progress on current projects to work on it. It's like membership, something that may be needed, but cannot happen because of the (time vs team) issue. However if the value of the packages where to increase the current in game prices would be more fair, and saying they will raise the varium cost of items in games based on the suggested value, is simply an assumption, and speculation at best.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/23/2011 2:48:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition