Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Just a thought on Varium value II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Just a thought on Varium value II
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/29/2011 22:16:48   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

The old thread reached 10 pages, so here's a new one. The previous thread can be found here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19022396

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wiseman

A lot of players seem to be debating the issue of varium package price/worth, and promo items. I've thought about this awhile, and I figured the old pricing was fine before enhancements were released. However now that enhancements have been added to the game the varium pay off per package is far less useful. Enhancements also add a new incentive to buy varium, and I figure people would pay more for a fully enhanced item, rather then buy an item that's not enhanced, and then enhance it.

Here's my thoughts on how the pricing could be improved, and how they can make promos more available to everyone, yet still add an incentive to buy the highest package.

It's fairly simple, all they need to do is add a 80% varium pay off to each package offer, and have the promo weapons offered in both of the top two packages. However the top package comes with them fully enhanced*, but non enhanceable promos will only be offered in the top package. Also they could increase the credit pay off for the top three packages by 5000 credits each.*Removed this part do to possible credit inflation issues.*

The promos could still be added in game, but at an increased varium price, (to match the new varium pay off per package) however regular weapons will continue to be offered at the current price range.

Here's a chart** that will explain the difference between the current pricing/worth compared to what I'm suggesting.

--------------------------------CURRENT--------------NEW
Cost ($)--------Artix Points----Varium----Credits----Varium----Credits
$5.00-----------1000------------500-------0----------900-------0
$9.95-----------2000------------1250------0----------2250------0
$19.95----------4000------------2500------3000-------4500------3000
$34.95----------7000------------5000------8000-------9000------8000
$49.95----------10000-----------10000-----15000------18000-----15000

Anyway I'm posting this here to get player feedback, and to discuss if it would be a fair change.

* Thanks to Nexus... for the enhancement suggestion.
** Thanks to Ashari for the chart

Edit: Changed to title to make more sense.

< Message edited by Ashari -- 5/29/2011 22:17:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/30/2011 1:34:13   
kittycat

It is a fair change, only if the developers are willing to implement the change.
AQ MQ  Post #: 2
5/30/2011 1:40:04   
comicalbike

if it is done quickly yes then i will start buying varium again at the moment i am selling my items for varium
Epic  Post #: 3
5/30/2011 1:41:35   
Angels Holocaust

Looks too good to be true, even if this does somehow get implemented the prices of items in game will go up in price too.
Post #: 4
5/30/2011 1:44:19   
pinoy idols

this suggestion will give you more bang for your buck. hope it gets implemented.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/30/2011 1:48:30   
Nexus...

@Angels

That would defeat the entire purpose of raising the varium per package in the first place, although you are probably right.

On another note, I feel this feature would sway many of the negative beliefs about the developers. At the moment, Varium is one of the major reasons why players accuse the devs of being greedy and...yeah you know...If they were to implement this it would sway my perception as well as a few others I know off the top of my head. However the likelihood of them doing something like this? The likelihood of them making less money then usual? Not getting as large of a profit? I dont see it.

Please prove me wrong!

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 6
5/30/2011 3:08:32   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

If the game advances and provides more uses for varium, this system will be very liked by many.

As this game tries to become multi-tier, the game must sway away from just weapon sales. It is one element, and adding more elements, the game will be more inviting more players beyond just pvp.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/30/2011 9:01:29   
The Cardclasher

I agree but if that hapens varium cost will double.

Just do it
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/30/2011 9:27:36   
Synbad Syndicated

The Cardslasher
quote:

I agree but if that hapens varium cost will double.

exactly my point. if i had one. raise the value of buying varium and you raise the vaule in-game.
decrease the value in-game and increase the value bought?-at this point i might b sipping on acid

hmmm? we need a forum meeting as to what can be done and what might be the consequences and all who agree should say +123..-the geek way.
Post #: 9
5/30/2011 19:12:40   
Polandor

We want the new pricing, yesterday !
Post #: 10
5/30/2011 20:00:30   
altimatum

i don't think prices should increase if this were implemented.... we're already scrambling for $$$ with enhances doubling the weapon's cost.
Post #: 11
5/30/2011 20:01:22   
Wiseman

Nightwraith already stated that if they do implement this the in game varium prices would not increase.

This part is just my opinion, and an assumption: I assume that as level cap raises the varium and/or credit prices for higher level weapons would go up slightly (hopefully no more than 50 varium/5000 credits per level). This is normal for any game, as you can't expect to get higher level equipment for the same price as lower level equipment, however if they only increase it by 50 varium and 5000 credits per level it would be a small issue in my opinion.

Of course as I stated the above section was my opinion only, I have no idea what the developers plan to do for weapons at higher levels, they may just increase the credit prices, and keep the varium prices the same.

It's just something else to be discussed, however this isn't the right thread to discuss it in. When/if they do implement this suggestion, I think the next step would be to make a consistent in game pricing structure to prevent the current varium value issue from happening again in the future.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/30/2011 20:41:24   
Sageofpeace

they did say that the varuim price wouldn't be increase but who's to say that they won't find another feature what would be varuim making this thread suggestion useless

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 13
5/30/2011 21:57:29   
king julian

quote:

the prices of items in game will go up in price too.
just like wiseman said current equipment would stay the same.

I have a suggestion lets increase credits by %20 :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/30/2011 23:31:14   
helloguy

WARNING: Don't get your hopes up,at all.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/1/2011 12:29:54   
spectra phantom

quote:

king julian:

I have a suggestion lets increase credits by %20 :)

Thats the worst idea ever besides they raise var 80% what else do you want!?
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
6/1/2011 12:33:47   
ajs777

looks good, but as soon as its implemented everyone who bought varium in the past will riot...

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in lag.

If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/1/2011 13:24:11   
MrBones

I agree of course with the varium price cut.

But i think the credit prices should be higher, especially for the level 33 gear.
Alot higher.
Epic  Post #: 18
6/1/2011 13:47:00   
Tiago X

I seriously hope for this to be implemented. I know many players that wold come back if this was implemented, and I myself, wold buy varium again.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/1/2011 14:42:33   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

This is a great start, but though Wiseman said it would take a tremendous amount of time, I feel the cap items from lvl 25-33 in-game varium prices must be adjusted. In-game items should have a lower cost because they do not get buffed annually nor do they have the stats, power and exclusivity of rares. People will know, these items are limited and need to make up the difference by skills. This will also encourage players to buy weapons for the sheer beauty of them beyond the need for competing.

It would be nice if all weapons have some use as this game layers. Nothing should be outdated because one reaches a level where an item becomes obsolete.

Prices of those items should be reduced 20-30%

I also feel powerful (difference maker) weapon promos should be eliminated. Features, achievements and non pvp related items should be added instead. People who do wish to buy varium should because they wish to support the game, not because they need to most powerful weapon to compete. All special items should be available in-game for everyone.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 6/1/2011 14:46:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
6/1/2011 15:09:36   
The UnleaShedWolfZ

Great , Generous , and Makes The Player Buy The Big Package ;)

quote:

but as soon as its implemented everyone who bought varium in the past will riot...

Umm No.. It's Like a Gift For Us.

< Message edited by The UnleaShedWolfZ -- 6/1/2011 15:11:15 >

_______________ - | ~W0lF`[Z]~ |- _______________ []
Epic  Post #: 21
6/1/2011 15:23:27   
He Who Lurks

Even though I'm with this idea, I'm 90% sure AE won't implement this. Most of AE's reason of being is to make money. They've realized that EpicDuel has many supporters who continue to purchase varium due to the low quantity of varium per package. They're making a great amount of cash from this and I'd doubt they'd change the packages so players could save a buck or two against gaining cash for themselves. It's not up to AE to change the amount of varium each package comes with, it's up to EpicDuel to decrease the prices in-game, and I'm not talking a measly 15% .
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
6/1/2011 17:42:07   
altimatum

yeah past buyers will throw a hissy-fit, but a larger majority of people will be impressed.
Post #: 23
6/1/2011 18:05:09   
goldslayer1

quote:

but as soon as its implemented everyone who bought varium in the past will riot...

i really couldn't care about past varium.
3 new classes are coming in delta (about a month to the beginning of summer)
and i want to try them out when they come out
18k varium would help me alot to switch more between classes.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
6/1/2011 18:10:01   
altimatum

definitely needs this to be even close to the same price as other Ae games....
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Just a thought on Varium value II
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition