Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Thoughts/Rating on Epicduel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Thoughts/Rating on Epicduel
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/12/2011 16:36:52   
Donny The Ultimate

From a scale from 0-10 what would you rate epicduel.
Why did you rate it that much?
What do you find wrong with the game.
And
What do you like about it?

I think this is a good thread topic with potential for some positive discussion. The title has been tweaked a little to encourage discussion beyond just posting a rating number.

Everyone please be respectful of each others comments even if you disagree and do not just put your number rating. If you simply put your number and nothing else it's hardly a discussion and this is a discussion thread. Take some time to consider and answer Donny The Ultimate's other points as well, tanks!

Posts that are only a number rating and nothing else may be deleted...

~LANDIS

< Message edited by LANDIS -- 6/12/2011 17:42:00 >
DF  Post #: 1
6/12/2011 16:46:23   
TurkishIncubus

Why did you rate it that much? (the below questions answer this)
What do you find wrong with the game. 1)Too much useless things like Faction Wars , World Domination ,Raiting ,Achievments etc. 2)Too expansive for a flash game 3)i dont think admins have a planed game progress
And
What do you like about it? 1)The Pvp system is awesome 2)There is much other factors that make Pvp more fun like Daily champs , Chatting etc.3)Its Online Flash Game :) 4)Lvl up is easy , like you dont need to kill 100000000000 monsters to only 1 lvl up :/ 5)Dont have Hacks

And the only reason i pay this game because ED dont have Hacks , For the other online games i download hack and kill the premium users but ED doesnt have hack so my money will not become useless.

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 6/12/2011 17:24:27 >

Epic  Post #: 2
6/12/2011 17:14:45   
Wraith

I would give it an 8.
Why did you rate it that much? It is OK for its price.
What do you find wrong with the game. The fact that you need to pay $50 for an achievement worth 1625 points and the Faction War. So if an Exile faction of F2Ps have 150k Influence but a Legion faction of 204 (sorry but I need you in this example) Dragonwawa, and firewawa with 100k influence are competing for WD, Exile has more kills since every credit that Exile faction has goes to war kills for WD, then the Legion faction does another hundred thousand war kills to get WD.
And
What do you like about it? I like the attitude: there;s actually reactions to the game, not just THIS I AWESOME and helping each other, but more ideas on how to improve. I like MMOs and chatting, espescially PvP.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/12/2011 17:38:46   
LANDIS
BATORO! Huge in Gothpan

I think this is a good thread topic with potential for some positive discussion.

Everyone please be respectful of each others comments even if you disagree and do not just put your number rating. If you simply put your number and nothing else it's hardly a discussion and this is a discussion thread. Take some time to consider and answer Donny The Ultimate's other points as well, tanks!

Posts that are only a number rating and nothing else may be deleted...

DF Epic  Post #: 4
6/12/2011 17:40:38   
Xendran

Currently its scoring around a 4 for me. The prices are obscenely high and the balance decisions make little to no sense.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 6/13/2011 1:20:45 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
6/12/2011 17:41:37   
DeathGuard

Why did you rate it that much? Didn't
What do you find wrong with the game. They don't implement good features just features than cause flaming and trolling.
And
What do you like about it? Like it back in the past because now balance isn't fix.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/12/2011 19:40:52   
Mr. Black OP

costsw too much and now the stun guns cant be bought in game >.>
Epic  Post #: 7
6/12/2011 19:54:04   
veneeria

From a scale from 0-10 what would you rate epicduel.
5.99999999999999999999999999(9)
I really like the fact of being a online pvp/rpg type of game, which happens to be played without downloading or having a "good" piece of hardward to run it!
I also like the storyline, customizable characters, for being a pvp game ... and well used to like epicduel also because it had nothing to do with AE, it was fresh... Oh yes... i kinda liked the old community on the game.. as well the interaction with the developers of the game!
long story short, voted because of what i used to like and what i still like

What do you find wrong with the game.
High prices, monotony of battles... always the same. Not challenging/ Strategy is almost extinct in pvp. (now) BAD interaction with players and Devs. Lousy Balance... High Prices and in some cases ... really awful and cold people on the community ...as well "confused" .. dishonest... And finally absurd, silly, unreasonable, mistrustful high prices.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/12/2011 20:00:22   
unQualified
Banned

Unfair for non variums.
Nuff said
DF  Post #: 9
6/13/2011 1:20:11   
Sipping Cider

How come?
For me, it is the best game i can play on my old computer. It has great potential with its PvP system, although it has lots of room for improvement (and it is still in its testing phase, so i have hope that this improvement will come)

I am a gamma player, and i have never experienced the old way of battling that lots of people say was better during alpha and beta, so all i have to go off is what i have played with so far.

I like the faction war because it gives you the feeling that you are battling for more than just leveling up. Of course, i know it is just an idea and not real, but isn't the whole reason why we epic duelists play this game is to pretend to be in a fantasy world for part of our day?

I must say that the community is a little off for me. I feel that there is a gap between the varium and non varium communities, and the player level. And all though there are lots of people that are nice in it, many battles i feel that i can not use my varium weapons or not even win without making my opponent mad and start flaming me.

All in all though, its a great way to spend time when there is nothing pressing to do.
Epic  Post #: 10
6/13/2011 1:41:25   
Luna_moonraider

well reason being this game is expensive to play,does not have much sound effects this is because they made the recent update to help non var. if they had not make the suggestion shop my rating would be 3.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/13/2011 1:47:48   
Angels Holocaust

At the moment, this game is a joke. Luck is an amazing factor that solely wins games. The builds are all the same with the introduction of the gamma bot. As for pricing it's ridiculous, it's like 50 dollars a month if you want to stay competitive.
Post #: 12
6/13/2011 11:14:37   
Sageofpeace

Why

Simple reason is like a cash machine that just take but don't give back

Worse customer service ever, never listen to player suggestion

BIGGEST Goal for the game so far IS MONEY$$$$$$$$
Post #: 13
6/13/2011 11:41:17   
pinoy idols

I rated it 6 coz the gane is good but being a varium player is almost a requirement, at least if you want to survive at higher levels and the game needs a lot more balancing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/13/2011 11:43:15   
5rr5
Banned

I rate a 5 because the game is not balanced, still MERC is OP, but they are trying to do it balanced and making cool weps so 5 is perfect :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/13/2011 11:48:41   
Deimos...

Ehhh, To be honest Id give it a 4. Epicduel is a great game though. The community is sometimes rude though, I get mocked everytime I lose and I can't stand it anymore. Only some good players like Epic and alley cat and fay beee are nice. Way too expensive and I can't keep up. Lots of lag, slows down my computer, etc. But its addicting and I can't quit because I have elemental void. Thats why i still play, to make the game better for others.
Epic  Post #: 16
6/13/2011 12:05:05   
Nebula

I rate it a 0.5

Why did you rate it that much? This game is just a money pit. They hardly ever release anything good, mostly things that cost more money. They say they listen to players and look t suggestions, which is an obvious lie. The only players they listen to are the ones in their "circle of trust." All the 'balance' updates make the game worse. They're too stubborn to fix their mistakes and get rid of the failed 'balance' updates like agility. Prices are far too expensive, enhancements are far too expensive, the arcade is a joke, non-variums are punching bags. You have to pay $50 a month to be able to keep up with the expensive features, overpowered weapons with 10 enhancement slots ( what happened to only a few weapons having that much, huh? ). Like angels said, this game is a joke. inb4 class "evolutions" cost 2000 varium.
What do you find wrong with the game. ^Above
And
What do you like about it? Not much. I guess that I can make a good Strength Mage build. That's it.
Post #: 17
6/13/2011 12:13:57   
goldslayer1

Why did you rate it that much? this game isn't perfect, but it isn't that bad either.
What do you find wrong with the game?
1) lag, i get black screens alot every time i try to jump to someone, go to another city, or go to my house. this forces me to re log every time i get a black screen.

2) 5 focus is an OP build in the game and its really annoying how anyone without skill can just spam robots and get a 90% winrate with 5 focus. and its pretty much OP with every class and can be used for any modes. (1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, and 2 vs 1)

3) the prices. altho i really hate to go along with the general crowd on this one
its true, the prices are pretty high for a browser game. i wouldn't mind paying $50 every 3-4 months but every month is getting too much.
there are other games i could be playing such as Combat Arms which for me only costs about $10 a month to be competitive.
perhaps if we received alot more varium for the price we pay then people wouldn't complain too much and more would be more lenient to buying varium. such ideas can be found in the Just a thought on Varium value thread

4) fame system, the fame system caused alot of flaming and alot of begging ingame.
but they provide nice achievement for the rating system ingame.

5) no creativity in today's builds *cough* 5 focus*cough*

What do you like about it?

1) the competitiveness in the game. whether its player based or faction based.
competitiveness is one of the main things that keeps me playing.

2) Factions, leaderboards, and alot of other stuff.

3) creating builds. and the stat system.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/13/2011 12:14:59 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/13/2011 12:21:51   
midnight assassin

I give 7

Yeah for me its a good game but they need to work a lot to improve the game. The game is repetitive and seriously, they need to work hard to balance the game. Yeah it's a bit addictive but in the different angle, non varium players make their last stand as they level up. About the varium in my opinion, I think its a waste of money because once you run out you need to pay to survive in this game. I know that there are lots of negative comments on this game but I always hope for improvement on this game. So I really hope a lot of improvement in delta(like mini-games and sfx) and hopefully delta will be the best stage of the game.

< Message edited by midnight striker -- 6/13/2011 12:26:10 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/13/2011 14:17:31   
Nexus...

From a scale from 0-10 what would you rate EpicDuel.

Yeah Probably a

The only reason I give this game a 3 is because of my friends and my faction. There was a time when EpicDuel could have gained a much better rating from me, as I was optimistic for the future of the game. However since then I have lost all of my trust in the developers, and my faith in this game. All I play for now are the friends I have made, and to help lower levels. Ironically my friends have nothing to do with the game besides this is where I met them. So in all honesty, I'm being nice on EpicDuel ;)

What do you find wrong with the game?

Oh boy...
Repetitive combat, undeveloped storyline, major balance issues, delays in updates, major pricing issues, weak retraining system (needs attention), long promised features forgotten, overpriced enhance system, over priced Varium items, broken Juggernaut system, way to many content releases, undermanned staff, no housing purchase for non-variums, useless achievement & rating system, horrible faming system which the staff ignores, major spamming issues (fame), luck is way to large of a factor, a player can "buy his/her way to skill" by purchasing the latest items, huge miscommunications between staff & players, huge gap between Varium and Non-Varium players, over priced Varium packages, unoriginal builds due to agility and Focus...

And Now For My Biggest Problem

The game has been in development for more then two years, and the majority of the Gamma releases have been dedicated to "milking money" rather then developing actual features that people want. Really is quite sad, and I have come to the realization that we don't have it so good after all...And now that Gamma is coming to an end, I can look back and say "WOW they really didn't get much done!" So what should we expect from delta if Gamma is the new trend?

EpicE4
Sad

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 6/13/2011 14:35:05 >
Epic  Post #: 20
6/13/2011 14:24:30   
eragonshadeslayer67

Pro- This game has a decent concept (1 point) with exquisite artwork (1 point).

Con- This is the most finanacially unfriendly games ever, offers NO chance of competition for free players and requires an almost monthly payment of $50 to be able to compete with other players!! The upkeep is rising exponentially and has completely got rid of me as a customer for this game.

No balance at ALL! Almost all balance updates have been utilized to generate revenue for the game's administrators and sometimes even result in a negative way.

< Message edited by eragonshadeslayer67 -- 6/13/2011 14:25:02 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
6/13/2011 14:31:00   
Vick Vega

From a scale from 0-10 what would you rate epicduel. 4

Why did you rate it that much? It has become a really expensive game of rock paper scissors. I gave it a 4 because online rock paper scissors is better than online wordscramble.

What do you find wrong with the game. People who cru the most get the most attention, leaving the paying customer to fit the bill. I have been reduced to playing flash games with 5 - 12 year old fan base... Sigh....

And

What do you like about it? I have enough varium and credits to be competetive without ever spending another $ on this game until its better or never, whichever happens to come first.

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 6/13/2011 14:32:01 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/13/2011 14:31:32   
Tiago X

Why, you ask? Because the players do not get the attention they deserve. There are many useless features such as fame, war kills and rating score.
The game is also a tad boring, however , it has great potential! It will be a great game, soon.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/15/2011 2:55:16   
5 0 Howndz

um 4.

Why? because, and this is the same on every other game, is that varium packs are way to high. The 10,000 should be 30 bucks. And non varium r getting ripped off.

PEACE!
Post #: 24
6/15/2011 3:28:55   
Rabies
Lightning Speed!

From a scale from 0-10 what would you rate epicduel. 7
Why did you rate it that much? The game isn't perfect, but I still believe in it.
What do you find wrong with the game. It's too time consuming, it's completely based on luck now days. The cost gets too expensive after awhile. The fact that luck is based on stats. It's too repetitive. A lot of people in the game ruin it for you.
What do you like about it? It has good potential. The devs can work with us and find solutions. It's not moving too fast, and it's not moving too slow. It's a one of a kind PVP game.
The game has a lot of good people in it. The devs are reasonable with promos. Founder armor looks awesome. The skills are awesome.

My solution to make it a better game is: Take out the luck factor(or at least give everyone a base chance, and remove the improving chances), add a everyone except friends ignore button in options panel, add a way to listen to music on the side of the game, make the packages give more varium.

I love the game, and it has a lot of potential.

Edit: That also brings me to another problem, they release a lot of things players never suggested, or wanted.
For example: Faction war cannons, 2v1 boss mode(Yes it was suggested, but it was suggested 2 PLAYERS VS NPC), Fame, Weapon Rarity, Flag wars, WDs to be only given to the alignment that wins, Faction war bar, and probably more that I've forgotten to list.

< Message edited by Rabies -- 6/15/2011 14:46:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Thoughts/Rating on Epicduel
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition