Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Chance To Critical Is A Bit Too Low Don't You Think?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Chance To Critical Is A Bit Too Low Don't You Think?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/20/2011 10:13:43   
Goony
Constructive!

Criticals are broken... It's not about the max 13% the code is just not working properly!!!
Epic  Post #: 26
6/20/2011 10:15:37   
JariTheMighty

Critical rate is fine, but the power is too devastating, 70% defense ignore (75%?) is quite a lot.

Reduce the defense ignored by criticals to make them less game changing and increase the defense ignored by rage (maybe back to 55%?) to compensate nerfing criticals.
That way battling defense heavy +5 focus builds should become slighty easier, since criticals are way too random to rely on.

I have no idea why rage got nerfed in the first place.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 27
6/20/2011 10:21:16   
5rr5
Banned

I wish they removed block, deflect and crit because people do that too much now! They increased and increased now the game is ruined, they never listened to the players and see what happened now. I was gonna give away my account but I noticed that I couldn't give it without giving Master Account and I already got 1 week banned because of this. I don't know why the Admins don't just listen to us!

Why do str builds crit, block, deflect and start a lot !
Why do noobs crit, block, deflect and start a lot !

This questions is the secret of the game the Admins is never gonna answer.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
6/20/2011 11:36:21   
pinoy idols

@5rr5 If combat specials were removed, how exciting will this game be then? We'd be pwned by focus 5 builds and you can't inflict more than 3 damage to them.

What the devs should do is fix the crit problem by fixing the chance permanently and reducing the defenses ignored. If blocks were removed what purpose would Shadow Arts serve then? Same goes with deflections. I like them because it can give another shot at life (unless if you have enough MP for a heal or you brought boosters) but, then again, they can be annoying especially when your opponent deflects and he has 1 hp left.

As for your questions, noobs start often mainly because they're 4-5 lvls. below you. If you went first, you could kill them on your first turn. They wouldn't even have a chance to have their turn. Always remember to consider other's opinions before stating your own. If high-lvls. always began first, wouldn't the noobs complain? See? It wouldn't be a win-win situation.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
6/20/2011 11:47:07   
Wraith

^Its isn't a win-win situation now either. WHY should a level 32 STR Bounty, 1 level lower than I am, start first, I have60 more support than him. And he's one level lower. Mages DEPEND on support to go first because that way we can nerf Smoke or increase Assimilate damage if against EP using people. Right now, with a heckload of SUP, I'm not going first? You think that isn't a problem?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/20/2011 11:58:51   
He Who Lurks

Guys, I understand where the frustration from critical hits come from[the amount of damage done], that's why I believe critical hits should increase in potential to happen(an 18% chance would be satisfiable) however, the amount of defenses which critical hits go through should be lowered to 40% or 33%. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.
AQ Epic  Post #: 31
6/20/2011 12:54:20   
AQWPlayer

The crit chance is pretty high. I don't crit when I need it but crit alot when i DONT need it -.-
AQW  Post #: 32
6/20/2011 13:15:02   
BlueKatz

I think the max Crit should be 25%, as much as the skill

And reduce the effect of the Crit
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/20/2011 16:25:44   
IsaiahtheMage

I thought this was gonna be a sarcasm thread looks not. How on earth can critical rate be to low? No way can that be possible. I get critted at least once or twice per match. The whole 13% max critical rate is a joke. I know it is far higher. Now I am going to go find a link to the wiki so I can see the exact luck %.
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
6/20/2011 17:52:19   
xxmirxx

quote:

TOO LOW!?? ARE YOU STUPID?? PEOPLE IS CRITTING TO ME ALWAYS IN A BATTLE!! USE YOUR BRAIN! JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T GET CRITED, DOESN'T IT MEAN THAT WE AREN'T GETTING CRITED! I WAS GONNA GIVE AWAY MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE OF THESE LUCK PEOPLE HAD BUT CINDERELLA BANNED MY ACCOUNT FOR 1 WEEK!!

Wow your very Unsportsmanlike and you whine alot. simply you decide to keep title of post on.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 6/20/2011 17:54:43 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
6/20/2011 18:03:04   
IsaiahtheMage

@5rr5 Dude relax. That is totally uneccasary. If you where banned for a week thats your fault for going against the rules that tell you to NEVER give out your account info no matter what.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
6/20/2011 18:12:42   
xxmirxx

quote:

@5rr5 Dude relax. That is totally uneccasary. If you where banned for a week thats your fault for going against the rules that tell you to NEVER give out your account info no matter what.

I think he should be ban for good because it seem more of scam then anything else.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
6/20/2011 18:38:54   
altimatum

I critical plenty of matches, don't need it to crit any more
Post #: 38
6/20/2011 19:08:18   
frosty123

How is it to low!!!!!! It is to high if you ask me. Why is this game suppose to depend on luck? If you ask me lower Bloock rate to 1-3%. Make SA 5% increase and give items chances to hit. And of course lower 75% ignore make it 30%
Post #: 39
6/20/2011 19:15:42   
IsaiahtheMage

@Frsoy123 That would not work. SA can not be nerfed. Making it a 5% chance how would that work? It would only be able to go up to level 5 not level 10 like every other skill can. Also SA does not need a nerf its fine.
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
6/20/2011 19:34:19   
frosty123

guess you do have ap oint wasnt thinking right.
Post #: 41
7/13/2011 13:45:45   
demonred1

I want to first provide some details on how your chance to deal a Critical Strike is calculated. To approximate your odds, take the difference between your Support and the target enemy's Support. Divide that difference by 7 and add the number you get to the base chance of 2%.
Let's use these numbers as an example: Your Support - 64 Enemy Support - 20
The difference in Support here is 44 points. Now, divide 44 by 7 and you get 6 (after rounding). So your chance to inflict a critical strike now becomes 8% (2% base odds + 6% Support bonus).
Also be aware that while Support improves your chance to inflict a Critical Strike, it also reduces your Enemy's chance to inflict a Critical Strike on you! In the same example, your opponent's odds to inflict a Critical Strike are very low (the minimum chance of 1% actually). This chance is calculated by taking the base chance of 2% and subtracting your Support bonus (which in this case is 6%). Since 6% - 6% = 0%, the minimum chance of 1% is used.
Understand that a 8% chance to inflict a massively damaging blow is an enormous advantage. Consider this... if in your average battle, you live to see 5 turns, each with a 8% chance to inflict a Critical Strike, your projected odds of inflicting at least one Critical during the battle become about 35%.

If your not going to try then walk away. NGU (Never Give Up)
Post #: 42
7/13/2011 14:27:45   
MrBones

Goldslayer is right (as he is most of the time concerning builts).

If they have to do some fine tuning of the RNG, it will be for lower crits, blocks ect.

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 43
7/13/2011 14:42:34   
DillBagel

Too little?
Crits affect the battle too much already.
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
7/13/2011 14:47:17   
8x

Crit should be 1% at minimum and 3% at max (if you strike with azreals bane +5%, that means 8% at max). Crits should be really rare, not 1 crit per battle.

Epic  Post #: 45
7/13/2011 14:52:34   
edwardvulture

No they need to add crit rate to tanks. (just them)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
7/13/2011 15:04:48   
Giras Wolfe

No. Just no.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
7/13/2011 15:07:53   
rej

me being a selfish person, and not using a build that relies on crits at the moment, i'm going to have to say the crit chance is fine or even maybe too high. but as soon as i switxh back to a support build, i'm sure my opinion will change

the incredible power of sarcasm.

< Message edited by rej -- 7/13/2011 15:08:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Chance To Critical Is A Bit Too Low Don't You Think?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition