Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Allow suggestions discussions on ED GD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> Allow suggestions discussions on ED GD
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/29/2011 1:43:47   
goldslayer1

hi, theres are some issues in the Epic Duel GD where we cant discuss about suggestions in the GD because they are labeled as "suggestions" however we can suggest these suggestions in the suggestion forums. but we cant discuss about it there.
so in the GD suggestions aren't allowed. but in the suggestions forums, discussions aren't allowed.
so how are we suppose to discuss about our suggestions?
can a forum admin/moderator PLEASE review and CHANGE this rule about not discussin suggestions in the GD since they are discussions about suggestions?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/29/2011 1:48:43 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/29/2011 1:50:29   
ForTun3

ineresting...

but it wont work... and this will be locked very shortly i think...?

also as i said b4 its so the GD forum doesnt get waterlogged with ideas... i know its annoying but it works
Post #: 2
6/29/2011 1:52:27   
goldslayer1

@phyco
they dont get waterlogged with suggestions.
discussions are discussions doesn't matter what its about.

also this is forum suggestions. u can suggest things for the forums. and we can discuss like u are now.
aint that nice?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/29/2011 1:54:30 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/29/2011 1:58:59   
xxmirxx

Yah I am annoy because we should discuss are suggestion like wiseman post http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19022396&mpage=1&key= and RKC.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
6/29/2011 2:00:01   
ForTun3

sorry man i thort this was in GD i didnt look...

and yes its great but i still think its not guna happen like ever... otherwise they wouldnt have made the rule in the first place/ im thinking that there was a time that you could and it just went too far and with the new flaming/trolling laws their would be allot of ppl getting banned or their threads deleted
Post #: 5
6/29/2011 2:02:29   
goldslayer1

@mir
and then that same topic was made into a new post by Ashari in that same GD.

@phyco
yes there was problem with flaming and trolling
so they decided to take the easy way out and delete the whole thread instead of deleting the individual flaming/trolling posts.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/29/2011 2:03:49 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/29/2011 2:08:31   
xxmirxx

yup agree gold on second part but it works look at class change we got free. Founders they got varium for free. I wouldn't mind if we least have Mediator . But NOOO they won't
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
6/29/2011 2:23:59   
DillBagel

If I was allowed to I'd post my seal of approval picture!
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/29/2011 2:28:12   
Nexus...

Yes please ): As of now everytime I try and make any suggestion at all, AK's shut me down and tell me to post in the suggestion thread, where absolutely nobody ever gives any feedback or reads anything!

Good idea Gold :)

Supported.

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 9
6/29/2011 2:41:51   
Angels Holocaust

Yes I agree with goldslayer I'm sick and tired of getting my suggestions being deleted. Nobody posts in the suggestions thread anyway, so our ideas will be brushed aside.
Post #: 10
6/29/2011 2:56:23   
xxmirxx

like angels has good idea some could actually improve are game and nexus. Guys please step up and help us.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
6/29/2011 3:05:14   
Thylek Shran

In the old forum there was a place where you could discuss suggestions.
I think suggestion discussions dont belong into the GD forum but there
should be a place for them in the suggestion forum.

I think its important to have such discussions to see what other players
think about it and how the acceptance is.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 12
6/29/2011 3:49:18   
goldslayer1

thanks for the support guys hopefully someone will do something about this.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/29/2011 4:10:31   
xxmirxx

unfortunately 14 isn't good enough.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
6/29/2011 4:17:42   
Everest
Moving Mountains

You do have the opportunity to suggestion improvements to the forums here, but I do want to add that many of the posts in this thread come dangerously close to spam or complaints. Moderate your tone if you wish to post here, or I'll have to do it for you and the thread will most likely end up locked.

As to the actual content of your suggestion. I recently responded to a similar suggestion which you can find here. It isn't the exact same suggestion, so I'll go into more specifics tailored to the requests of this thread, but it does include some information I believe would be useful to you.

Suggestions aren't allowed in ED GD, or any General Discussion for that matter, because of the simple volume of them. They would inundate (and have in the past) the GD forum. In effect, a GD section that allowed suggestions would be completely disorganized. Why suggestions and not questions? Or bug reports? Sub-forums are created to compartmentalize replies, and a GD is a default forum meant to catch the more general discussion. Therefore, removing sub-forums reduces the effectiveness of a GD and ruins the organization of a forum area. Furthermore, even if that were to be ignored discussions of suggestions have caused numerous problems of trolling, flaming, and complaining. I'll pose a question: why would we desire to allow discussion of suggestions anywhere if those have been the results so far? Before you disagree that there have been large numbers of problems, keep in mind that we are the ones moderating and deleting those replies and threads.

A large part of the reason the ED Suggestions forum is reply-only is the wishes of the design staff. It is easier for them to look through suggestions that way, and that is after all the ultimate purpose of a Suggestions forum. So, while I do think it's more reasonable for a Suggestions forum to be opened for discussion than a GD forum allowing suggestions there, the facts that 1.) there have been problems with discussion of suggestions and 2.) the format as it currently exists best serve the designers, and by extension you, show me the system is unlikely to be changed. At least in the short-term.
Post #: 15
6/29/2011 4:28:33   
goldslayer1

@everest
i under stand but a forum has to be made for discussions of suggestions and feedback on the idea/suggestion.
or else post will continue to be deleted AK/mods will have to do more work and players will get more warnings.
mu forum suggestion is to make a forum section IN the suggestion category solely for discussions of suggestions. this goes for all game forums aswell.

EDIT:
this section of the forum suggestions is a good example
u make a suggestions. the staff can read it. and other forumities can comment on it, give feedback or give them more ideas.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/29/2011 4:32:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/29/2011 4:43:42   
xxmirxx

quote:

@everest i under stand but a forum has to be made for discussions of suggestions and feedback on the idea/suggestion. or else post will continue to be deleted AK/mods will have to do more work and players will get more warnings. mu forum suggestion is to make a forum section IN the suggestion category solely for discussions of suggestions. this goes for all game forums aswell.

I agree gold as clearly to me that  Everest clearly favors staff and try get us to be quite. We just want discuss are ideas about ED in EpicDuel General Discussion. But yet were keeping getting delete it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
6/29/2011 5:03:29   
Everest
Moving Mountains

On the contrary, xxmirxx. There is nothing I would like more than to not have to delete posts and punish forum users. Unfortunately the forums don't run themselves idyllically. The second half of your post implies you didn't read my explanation above. I understand you would like to discuss ideas about ED, and at least partially I agree they would be valuable. However, I gave quite valid reasons why that discussion is a secondary concern at the moment, and you didn't address them. You'll have to do so in the future, or your posts will be deleted as violations of Rule 7 of the Forum Suggestions Rules.
Post #: 18
6/29/2011 5:19:02   
xxmirxx

But staff can bend rules so you can allow it  Everest your choosing to side on staff side. take look at wise post that was clearly a suggestion yet he post as discussion.
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
6/29/2011 5:53:58   
Bu Kek Siansu

If I may give my 2 cents, I apologize if I'm wrong:

The ED Suggestions rules:
"You are supposed to use the system to discuss other suggestions or offer feedback." But, it doesn't really work.

There should be an exception that you may discuss about your suggestion in ED GD before you post it in the ED Suggestions.

But, you have to mention it in your thread that you need some opinions from people to improve your suggestion.
When it's done, and you decide to post it in the ED Suggestions, you have to request locking thread.

< Message edited by AVA -- 6/29/2011 9:19:09 >
Post #: 20
6/29/2011 8:21:46   
One Winged Angel1357

current you can discuss a suggestion in ED GD to an extent you have to phrase it as discussion which for the most part i have found you just leave your opinion and leave it as an open ended question for 10 posts give or take then you add in your Two cents and bingo suggestion in the ED GD after some discussion of the matter of course

Also AVA you are right i have only see the PM system work once and that was awhile back on AQW Weapon suggestion becuase i PM'ed a dude about his art besides that ive never received or felt it nessacary to PM someone about discussing their idea
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
6/29/2011 13:54:21   
skeletondude

yah they shud allow suggestions on general discussion but they shud not make useless suggestion
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/29/2011 14:19:14   
goldslayer1

quote:

There should be an exception that you may discuss about your suggestion in ED GD before you post it in the ED Suggestions.

But, you have to mention it in your thread that you need some opinions from people to improve your suggestion.
When it's done, and you decide to post it in the ED Suggestions, you have to request locking thread.

yes AVA and thats exactly what i did on my last suggestion thread about being able to buy a class and class change ir from ur inventory like u would with items.
and about opinion and feedback was the first and last thing i asked.
my post was still deleted.
from the some of the comments i did get tho i was able to solve some problems on my suggestion.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/29/2011 14:24:40   
vliegs

Suggestion discussion does create trolling and flaming from the immature and blatantly rude members in any community and that does make up a large percentage of the regular posting activity on this board in all it's sections. However on EDF we tended to handle the suggestion discussion forum/subforum more maturely on average. Suggestions are made for discussion. That's how our community was able to hone and create some very detailed and well thought out ideas while on EDF. By allowing discussion on those suggestions from all players, you can make sure all sides are covered. No discussion allowed on any idea breeds the majority of what exists right now in those "dump it all here but don't you dare discuss it further" threads that currently exist. Half complete suggestions. They are spawned from very good and creative seeds of though from the community but no discussion on them stunts the idea from going anywhere. The community helps mature and solidify the ideas into things that are more presentable and easier for the devs and game mods to see the big and small picture of all at once. Right now very good seeds of ideas that people have are just getting suffocated in those generic suggestion threads.

< Message edited by vliegs -- 6/29/2011 14:25:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
6/29/2011 17:48:36   
The Forgotten
Exquisitely pathological

I've deleted a few posts for blatant spam. Please do not post if you have the sole intention of adding "me too", because it does absolutely nothing to help your case.

Going over a number of posts, I've noticed a troubling lack of arguments about the benefits a policy change could generate. Rather than pointing out frivolous facts and anecdotes, it would be a much better use of your time to present a coherent case about why such a change would be beneficial in terms of user convenience/enjoyment and forum moderation.

My personal feelings jibe with Everest's; the discussion of suggestions is disallowed in a number of game forums simply because it results in an unholy amount of rule infractions. Without addressing this issue, I just don't see how this suggestion can stand.
AQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> Allow suggestions discussions on ED GD
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition