Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (HS) Who Needs A Medical License? Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (HS) Who Needs A Medical License? Discussion
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2011 20:40:10   
Anastira

Celestin123, Doom Desirer, hello, I 'tis here! A big Star Wars fan, am I. And you?
I have now posted a story on here, BTW. I thought I could say so, since you guys are friends. The rest of you...you're my enemies. Kidding... :P

Now, I'll read the story and give feedback.
Um, can I have the link for the story? I'm interested in reading it, but couldn't seem to find the story itself.

< Message edited by Anastira -- 8/7/2011 20:44:23 >
AQW  Post #: 51
8/7/2011 20:52:45   
Celestin123

Oh Hi Ana! How's it goin'!? Yupp, I love Star Wars! Yoda is like the awesomest little green guy ever!
Atleast to me he is...... So yah I noticed that you have a story and I was just about to read it!

Since it's coming from you, I already assume that it'll be great, and if you're reading this story then
be prepared for awesomeness! You'll be needing some awesomescreen(the cousin of sunscreen) in order to
be protected from the greatness!=P^^
Edit~ The link for the story is in the very first post of this thread Ana.

< Message edited by Celestin123 -- 8/7/2011 20:53:28 >
AQ  Post #: 52
8/8/2011 0:34:21   
Jae10
Creative!
Constructive!

WOOT! Star Wars! *cheer!*

quote:

Although from one look at me, you could never tell all that, I'd seem like some normal, nice guy........

< Ikr! But that was a very self-reflective post, most of it I was not aware of. But still, you are a "nice guy"!

Now, more story-related stuffs:

I've always believed that anything with a conscious can fall in love - cyborgs included. And there are actually many different types of love!^^

But, anywho....

It would be severely interesting to see how Experimental applies the Doc's advice, perhaps even funny (because I love good humored stories X3).

Lastly, I see Dr. Goldstein wavering between between sanity and insanity; it makes me wonder what exactly his state of mind is in, escpecially due to his bizarre behavior. It's funny for now, but, I still sense the potential danger involved if his mental state is not properly treated. I think his self-diagnosis was quite compromised...His physical health is deteriorating but I'm more concerned with mental deterioration which is much, much worse...

I'm a psychic...so, of course I would be worried about something like a psychotic breakdown...His mentality seemed sorta shaky to begin with anyway! He might become a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde or something...Idk, but it worries me D:

< Message edited by Jae10 -- 8/8/2011 0:38:10 >
AQW  Post #: 53
8/8/2011 20:00:17   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

@Celestin: Well, obviously you have time-space traveling capabilities... I would have thought you got to Super City earlier, anyway. I already knew you'd ben to the planet before then, and left later, so why wouldn't you have gotten there earlier... I am guessing at least as far back as some point during the War in the Park, but probably earlier...

That, is good to know, Celestin... You did seem quite smart, and I felt a few hints that you had a good understanding of philosophy, which you hadn't shown prevalently...

My character does tend to have a natural understanding of a lot of the things of that sort, as well... He generally processes information much faster than other people, and has hightened senses and reflexes, as well. Sight is my greatest, although I have increased hearing, and while my senses of touch, smell, and taste are about normal, I can turn of my sense of touch, or alter it to ignore pain, along with the ability to ignore bad smells... taste is normal, as I said... I could change my physiology to improve those 3, if I wished, but I generally don't need that, seeing as the sense of touch's improvement would not give much in the way of advantages, taste I am not interested in improving, and I can see the chemicals that are transelated into smells by the brain, and am able to identify them, anyway... Also, even though those last three are effectively normal, my mind doesn't lose any of the information from it, and analyses it indepth for future use (I have to actually conciously decide to allow my concious mind's main persona to get that information placed into the forefront of his [my] thought patterns to have that get past the realm of distant, subconcious understanding of it).

The understanding of these things helps in various areas at different times, such as being able to tell what type of poison killed someone, ect.

Aside from that, like you, I see things in a similar way as you, aparently, with regards to seeing things in a bigger picture, understanding and knowing things most people don't, and I, too have experienced and learned things in my travels that have shifted my paradigm... In real life, I think in a similar way to my character, though, and I obviously would not be able to pull it off if I didn't. XD

Obsessive Compulsive disorder, eh? Hmm... We may have a bit more than I had thought, to talk about... I did know of your Multiple/Disasociative Personality Disorder, though... The harsh childhood statement explains quite a bit... Those sort of disorders usually don't begin at birth, or anything like that, they are usually caused by various events in life... Although the multiple personality disorder could potentially be caused by other things than childhood trauma, and things like that, such as having multiple souls living in one body...

Yes... I would imagine Religion would help quite a bit, and I am glad you've been dealing better with it lately... that could make things quite a bit easier... I, of course, intend to either help you coalesce your personalities into one, or at least have better control over it, although it would depend on how this goes, and I haven't had experience with this sort of thing before, though I have been good at helping people with other problems... We shall see if this goes well, eh?

Family problems too... hmm... I suppose they probably had a hand in the childhood problems, no? I suppose that's just a guess, but alot of those problems start at home... unless you are adopted, of course, in which case they may have had nothing to do with it at all, but I digress... We'll talk about this later... well, I intend to, if you are okay with it, anyway...

Yes, you would seem quite normal... although I may have seen signs of the multiple personalities, and not recognised them... I am not sure...

Yeah, I can see how you feel that way about love... It can be quite emotionally damaging, and can be quite good... It's so very complicated, though... Blind love can be espescially bad, as you say; Though I cannot say I have personally experienced such a thing, I know what can happen... horrible... I shall not touch your second one (right now, anyway), other than to say I feel for you... I do not know how good you would have been together, nor shall I pretend to, but it is a true tragedy to have love fade, and for your relationship to crumble... I hope you find happiness and love in your life.

I am glad that you have at least gained something from having such an aparently tragic life; good to hear you have your life planned out, and as I said, it is very good to hear you are getting more control and mental stability.

But enough of such sad, tragic things...

Anastira, eh? I think I remember that name, from a long time ago...

I, too, am a fan of Star Wars...

Personally, I don't think pure robots could, or cyborgs, past a certain point, although experimental certainly can. It depends on the degree ,and amount, of cybernetics... I really don't think it would be that funny to see someone stumble around with the concept of love, but then again, that depends on personal taste.

Well, obviously, Jae... He has no way to tell proper dosage, or even if it's advisable to use that specific type of pill, considering potential long-term consequences... I am glad you see the same way about it. lol

Personally, the reason I am not too much concerned about his physical deterioration is because it has aparently ceased, or been reversed, by the begining of the story... The mental aspect is, in fact, worrying, though... He is still out there in the City... I have psychic abilities, too, though that is not the entire reason behind it... I don't generally invade people's minds, so I am not recieving constant empathic feedback, or anything like that... It is still very troubling, though... I am very concerned about other people's mental well being, as you can see from the earlier part of my post, though... along with obvious worries about physical well being, and many other things...
DF  Post #: 54
8/12/2011 12:09:13   
Goldstein

Egads! In my absence, my discussion thread has been hijacked!
Post #: 55
8/13/2011 11:06:15   
Arachnid

Hmmm...Box Jellyfish...Good choice!

~Lady Zafara
AQW  Post #: 56
8/13/2011 11:48:30   
Vector

so, i forget, who exactly started the whole LEECH thing?
Post #: 57
8/13/2011 15:17:52   
Goldstein

OmniRoe approached Strebor, recognizing his innovation, and offered him a large contract to design a high-quality high-priced product, something on the same level as a MRI. Strebor's original idea was to create a machine that might extend a person's life a few extra years. OmniRoe thought the idea was mediocre, and made it obvious that they weren't going to do business with Strebor again. Desperate to keep their backing, Strebor tried to make the thing bring people back to life. Once he did, he had OmniRoe modify the LEECHs to make it bring people back to life without telling them what the modification did. Once Strebor revealed that the LEECH was now deadly, OmniRoe refused to halt production, citing that they had already spent almost $12 million funding the project, and through the careful planning of Mr. Mavet, would emerge from the LEECH catastrophe relatively unharmed. I actually plan to expand the earlier chapters. Back then, I didn't really have an idea where the story was headed, I just sort of threw stuff together. And Arachnid, can I count your character as an ally in the upcoming storm?
Post #: 58
8/13/2011 15:42:23   
Sir Night

If you expand the earlier chapters, it might be less confusing if you do it in sort of flashback rather than actually changing the original chapters. Awesome story, by the way!
Post #: 59
8/13/2011 15:45:03   
Vector

so strebor meant well with the LEECH, but omniroe corrupted it... yet i still feel like there's a bit of deception on omniroe's part (aside from diverting the blame)
Post #: 60
8/13/2011 16:28:13   
Goldstein

Okay, I modified the earlier chapters, just adding a few details that aid with coherency.
Post #: 61
8/13/2011 16:41:13   
Vector

*whines* i don't wanna read them again! DX

oh, fine i'll read them again... :/
Post #: 62
8/13/2011 16:41:40   
Goldstein

AGH IT'S JUST THE FIRST THREE OR SOMETHING JEEZ.
Post #: 63
8/13/2011 16:47:09   
Shadowlord9k

How do you plan on getting the jellyfish?

Wait is Goldstien becoming...psychic?

< Message edited by Shadowlord9k -- 8/13/2011 16:51:13 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 64
8/13/2011 16:48:02   
Vector

Sorry! i just... *sobs*

anyway, i'll bet omnicorp's gonna make a killing by deceiving the public. the dark side, they've fallen to.
Post #: 65
8/13/2011 16:51:26   
Goldstein

Well, there are ways for Strebor to obtain the venom.

In addition,I've finally figured out Strebor's main way of fighting that isn't a syringe! Say hello to the skull saw! I'm thinking Strebor's going to get one of these from an antiques store (along with a cool, over-sized, glass syringe) and somehow add a motor to it.
Post #: 66
8/13/2011 17:12:37   
Vector

lol is that an industrial age chainsaw? my, that looks old

good heavens that just made me laugh
Post #: 67
8/13/2011 17:15:02   
Shadowlord9k

Vector: Actually it is a bonesaw, actual medical equipment.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 68
8/13/2011 18:06:39   
Goldstein

No, bone saws were usually simple saws. This saw was created specifically for cutting through the skull.
Post #: 69
8/13/2011 18:12:47   
Vector

hence the name. i still laughed at it though. when did they start showing up?
Post #: 70
8/13/2011 18:14:30   
Goldstein

1830-1870

There are all sorts of weird, but cool medical instruments. It's part of the reason I love medicine. So much rich history to it.
Post #: 71
8/13/2011 20:44:21   
Shadowlord9k

Goldstein: I thought they were the same, oh well.

Great new chapter, but why Bangkok?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 72
8/13/2011 22:41:46   
Celestin123

Oh my! What a wondefrul two chapters! And your presentation of me was nearly spot on!

How wonderful! And im full of glee that im in your story as well! There's a couple of things you should know about me
though, incase ya need more info....... I look like my in-game character for one(character-wise of course).....

I'm about 16 years old, character-wise again..... And I will not hesitate to kill incase you need to know......

That's about it, once again, im honored that im in your story and I'd like to thank you!

Btw..... if you need anything such as venoms or poisons or anything medical or scientific, you should know that I could easily
provide them for you..... I happen to be extremely talented in the use of poison, but rarely use it since most of my enemies
are dead before the need arises..... then again, I've rarely fought REAL smashers so my talent and potential has never been pushed.

@Drakky: Yes... I had been to super city before, a long time ago, even before my powers surfaced.....

Thank you for the compliment...i think.......

Yes...I too can enhance and turn off my senses because of my biological manipulation....I've altered my body many times in the
past..... It's been altered so much that i no longer need to breathe or eat in order to survive... I merely breathe out of habit and
To tell the truth, even though i dont need to breathe, i find it rather uncomfortable when im not breathing.....anyways......

Yes... I too modeled my charcter after myself IRL, but he has greater control over himself though........
I'm glad to know that we both understand things not only easily but naturally as well..........

Yes... I do infact have Obessive Compulsive Disorder IRL..... it explains my aversion to odd numbers(except 67, that number is wonderful!) and my horrible habits...... I do suppose that part of my "disorders" originated in my childhood but some of my more
recent experiences magnified them considerably, since before I'd never known or noticed that I had such problems.........
I'm doubtful that there are multiple souls living in my body, although that would explain quite a couple of things.............

Yes, religion has helped alot, In hindsight I realize that had it not been for religion, then I might be in....a different place right now....
You seem to have not made any attempts at "altering" my personalities in order to make them one..... but incase you do, I
should warn you that it's much harder than you think....infact I find it much easier to create new ones rather then combine them,
having multiple personalities does give me an advantage in certain situations though.........

I do have family problems but I"d rather not talk about that........

Yes...lost love has damaged me greatly, both emotionally and mentally..... but I'd rather not talk about that either...........

Anyways, I suppose we should stop clogging up, Goldie's thread now, dont you agree? ......

< Message edited by Celestin123 -- 8/14/2011 11:33:22 >
AQ  Post #: 73
8/14/2011 0:06:43   
Goldstein

Oh, FYI, Strebor is nothing like me. He blames everyone else for what has happened to him, while I tend to accept blame if only to defuse a situation.
Post #: 74
8/15/2011 12:01:13   
Jae10
Creative!
Constructive!

< Very impressive new chapters. And it was an awesome surprise to see Celestin in the latter; even the Dealer has honarable mention! They both have very versatile and intriguing characters.

My biggest question about the recent developments of this story is: Who are these assasins that are trying to kill Strebor?
AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (HS) Who Needs A Medical License? Discussion
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition