Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What would happen if Hybrid was removed?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What would happen if Hybrid was removed?
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/21/2011 19:43:40   
Third Eye

@SpeedyNfs
Defense matrix is equal to the circle thing of BH's.
Reflex boost however is equal to technician.
So I say 3 turns is enough.
Post #: 26
7/21/2011 19:45:10   
BurningFlames

If hybrid was removed that would mean Mercs don't have a single passive... Then they would need too make a new one because I would not want to see the old passives put into it.

AQW Epic  Post #: 27
7/21/2011 19:45:27   
InceptionAE

@Speedy

I vote for in the middle.

@Burning

Actually maybe we could not remove it from the original mercs. Because TLM would still have reroute.

< Message edited by DungeonHunter -- 7/21/2011 19:48:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
7/21/2011 19:47:12   
BurningFlames

@Above what do you mean ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
7/21/2011 19:49:35   
Wootz

quote:

If hybrid was removed that would mean Mercs don't have a single passive... Then they would need too make a new one because I would not want to see the old passives put into it.

Iron skin again?
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
7/21/2011 20:03:05   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

One of the reasons Mages are able to compete at this time is reroute. Nearly all of Mage skills need prep (Malfunction) to be effective. As discussed before, high level casting is a true challenge for mages, so many rely on support or 5 focus. Those are the most competitive builds. Reroute aids in manna recoup from either atom smasher or emp, medic and recycle of skills when timing is crucial.

As you mentioned about Mercenary's hybrid. They dont have to worry about their physical side unless extremely high strength is involved or 5 focus bot. Nearly all their attks don't need preparation. Essentially they have the ability to do damage in a variety of ways, now add the ability to recycle skills, it makes the player competing against them work extremely hard.

Tactical Mercs now have new powerful skills along with reroute, yet still kept the core attacks. If they loosed their hybrid, it would definitely challenge the class because, not only will they have to figure how to protect one side of their defense, but trying to coordinate attks.

Being this seemed to be more of a business decision over a true balance decision, this class will likely stay in-tact for some time due to players class changing and getting new accounts to run this class. That being said, I will be curious to see how this game will improve the other classes.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
7/21/2011 20:06:31   
altimatum

If they do this they're going to get trolled to death by the high tlm population
Post #: 32
7/21/2011 20:12:03   
Angels Holocaust

^
If tactical mercs do get nerfed, I will be the first of many to complain.
Post #: 33
7/21/2011 20:13:09   
Wootz

quote:

One of the reasons Mages are able to compete at this time is reroute. Nearly all of Mage skills need prep (Malfunction) to be effective. As discussed before, high level casting is a true challenge for mages, so many rely on support or 5 focus. Those are the most competitive builds. Reroute aids in manna recoup from either atom smasher or emp, medic and recycle of skills when timing is crucial.

As you mentioned about Mercenary's hybrid. They dont have to worry about their physical side unless extremely high strength is involved or 5 focus bot. Nearly all their attks don't need preparation. Essentially they have the ability to do damage in a variety of ways, now add the ability to recycle skills, it makes the player competing against them work extremely hard.

Tactical Mercs now have new powerful skills along with reroute, yet still kept the core attacks. If they loosed their hybrid, it would definitely challenge the class because, not only will they have to figure how to protect one side of their defense, but trying to coordinate attks.

Being this seemed to be more of a business decision over a true balance decision, this class will likely stay in-tact for some time due to players class changing and getting new accounts to run this class. That being said, I will be curious to see how this game will improve the other classes.

1st of, It is Energy Points not "Manna".
Now the rest.
I agree with your post. And it'll be good to challenge them. As every class that uses a defensive type of build needs to coordinate his/hers defenses and attacks. Which sometimes can be really hard, especially since you fight, for example, a Merc with a whole Energy set of weapons along with a Bot and a maxed out BB and AS while using a +5 Focus build.
So,
take out the HA. Give the Shadow Arts, if you ask me, the skill is almost useless, I don't even use it myself. And I win againts higher level full geared Variums.

quote:

If they do this they're going to get trolled to death by the high tlm population

Class change is optional. Who cares.

quote:

^

With you leading them, ofcourse.

< Message edited by 1234speedy -- 7/21/2011 20:14:17 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 34
7/21/2011 20:28:17   
Third Eye

@Angels
I don't understand why did you ignore my question to you.
How is it that taking away hybrid from TaM's make you auto lose?
If you can't defend your idea, I doubt that you can defend the others that you will lead.

@below
It's not just that.
It depends on the level, how you play and if you have varium items or not.

< Message edited by Third Eye -- 7/21/2011 20:31:46 >
Post #: 35
7/21/2011 20:30:52   
Larcell

Hmm, I have over 2000 losses (adding 1v1 + 2v2), so those 2000+ people were able to get through my Hybrid armor. I'd say there's nothing wrong with it.
Epic  Post #: 36
7/21/2011 20:33:00   
Wootz

quote:

Hmm, I have over 2000 losses (adding 1v1 + 2v2), so those 2000+ people were able to get through my Hybrid armor. I'd say there's nothing wrong with it.

If you're a Merc, then it's because of the lower levels and being a noob and putting everything random so your HA was on 1 ( Every new player did that, even me ).
If you're a TLM, then it's because: still the reason above and tough luck and you can't get lots of wins as a TLM it's live for only a few weeks. Merc is live for 2 years.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
7/21/2011 20:40:20   
elm street

massive migration to str bh. end of story

@above: my main was originally a merc that i started over with that by passed my previous "main" so i had HA maxed as fast as it needed to be. i still remember being 120-0 in 1v1 at one point (no NPC obviously)

< Message edited by elm street -- 7/21/2011 20:43:00 >

God has a sense of humor, just look at the platypus http://www.newhotstuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/platypus.jpg
Epic  Post #: 38
7/21/2011 20:42:38   
Wootz

quote:

massive migration to str bh. end of story

More wins for defensive BH :)
Also, people might go back to Merc.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
7/21/2011 20:42:42   
PumKing

quote:

Angels Holocaust

Why would you do that, I thought you were a more lvl header player? All that really needs to happen is that TLM needs to lose hybrid armor, and have it replaced with defense matrix, reroute is a fine passive,they have enough synergy with enough of there other skills as it is
Epic  Post #: 40
7/21/2011 20:44:40   
helloguy

If TLM was nerfed (besides making people mad and all ) im saying thers no point in doing so than they all will jump to the next OPED class and we will be stuck back on square one
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
7/21/2011 20:47:47   
Wootz

I'll just be like Angels Holocaust on this one. I don't give a damn nor do I care about them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
7/21/2011 20:50:06   
Third Eye

@1234
Angels will do the opposite and care about his/her favourite class.
Post #: 43
7/21/2011 20:50:38   
PD

This is part of the developed theory of balance known as the "Class Cycle of Terror".

Sorry, we all knew about this a long time ago. Specifically me when I covered Stat inflation over half a year ago.
Post #: 44
7/21/2011 20:58:06   
Feral Ninja

TLM HAS to be nerfed.

It's a class that can do this: Tank with huge def/res, Heal Loop thanks to Reroute AND do a large amount of damage thanks to 5 Focus/poison/smoke... And that at the same time.

It's the most overpowered class, ever.

And besides TLM, what other class is majorly overpowered? None of them. (Yes, ok. For 1v1 the fastest kill class is BH, but in 2v2 BH loses from Merc.)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
7/21/2011 20:59:46   
PD

^^ Most overpowered class ever would be Alpha Techmage. Can't beat 150 Damage Supercharge and 1 cooldown heals :P
Post #: 46
7/21/2011 21:04:15   
Wootz

quote:

@1234
Angels will do the opposite and care about his/her favourite class.

Hers*. Nothing new :P

quote:

TLM HAS to be nerfed.

It's a class that can do this: Tank with huge def/res, Heal Loop thanks to Reroute AND do a large amount of damage thanks to 5 Focus/poison/smoke... And that at the same time.

It's the most overpowered class, ever.

And besides TLM, what other class is majorly overpowered? None of them. (Yes, ok. For 1v1 the fastest kill class is BH, but in 2v2 BH loses from Merc.)

People already know that, it's been written all-over again for 150 times atleast.

quote:

^^ Most overpowered class ever would be Alpha Techmage. Can't beat 150 Damage Supercharge and 1 cooldown heals :P

I totaly agree to you. I wish to know the reason why Diamond Blades got remowed though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
7/21/2011 21:05:19   
Feral Ninja

PD@ Actually, a Destroyer Bounty constantly defeated Super charge and heal loop mages.
(High HP+High STR coupled with max Diamond Blades and some other skills)

That's what was fun in Alpha/Beta... Everyone could defeat everyone. :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
7/21/2011 21:06:15   
PD

Diamond Blades were removed because they exponentially increased damage from wrist blades.

In summary, it caused BH's to do high damage. REALLY high damage.

I'm talking in the context of the Alpha Times John. If you look at Chaos1x's Supercharge build, it was pretty undefeatable. Even with a Diamond-blade boosted STR BH. There are several YT videos about Chaos1x vs. Bountak. Chaos1x always won. Always.

< Message edited by PD -- 7/21/2011 21:08:11 >
Post #: 49
7/21/2011 21:10:43   
Third Eye

quote:

So true, and I wonder why Angels isn't responding to me.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What would happen if Hybrid was removed?
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition