Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Robot Nerf Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Robot Nerf Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2011 19:02:34   
IsaiahtheMage

@Gold You think I dont know that? I am not 6. Also why should nerfing 5 Focus Builds have happened? On top of that your just saying that because you are just flaming. You said their are two types of 5 Focus user pro and newbs and you said Greenrain isnt a pro so I just you just called him a newb. Oh yeah flaming is gonna help.
@Cindy Really? Well that is awesome. My assualt bot will still be usuable.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 8/3/2011 19:03:55 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 126
8/3/2011 19:04:51   
goldslayer1

@isai
i never said he was newb so now ur making up lies -.-
and it should have happened.
its been asked for so long even by u before and now ur complaining about it?
also it wasn't much of a nerf, its more like a buff if u use it right.
obviously u cant use ur head.
AQW Epic  Post #: 127
8/3/2011 19:07:00   
Sugar Lion

Let's see how this goes then ... At least I expect decent tesla armor and charfade restock, that would make me see a good point of the update.
Epic  Post #: 128
8/3/2011 19:10:53   
IsaiahtheMage

@Gold Yes but you said their are two types of 5 Focus User you said. You said their are Pro and "Non Creative Newbs" and since you said he wasnt pro you then automatically declared him as a Non Creative Newb. Also what are you talking about? I never asked for a nerf on bots I NEVER ask for nerfs. My motto is Buffs are the key to balance not Nerfs. Also no it wasnt it may have a lesser cooldown but both options go into cooldown now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 129
8/3/2011 19:17:17   
goldslayer1

@isaia
its a buff because it allows u to use the best option alot more.
example
if the enemy has weaker res
u can use ur energy one alot more than, in the end u get more damage results then the energy and physical one after each turn.
AQW Epic  Post #: 130
8/3/2011 19:19:42   
IsaiahtheMage

@Gold Your right less cooldown means I can just keep using my assault bots energy attack less often even if my special ability goes into cooldown it will have a less cooldown to. Yes this is truly a awesome update.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 8/3/2011 19:20:05 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 131
8/3/2011 19:21:07   
goldslayer1

@isaia
i dont mean just the energy one it also goes for physical one.
AQW Epic  Post #: 132
8/3/2011 19:28:05   
IsaiahtheMage

@Gold I know I dont have the Gamma Bot so that part is irrelevant to me. But thanks for the information.
AQW Epic  Post #: 133
8/3/2011 19:34:51   
soul sythe11

Ohhh! This is getting good. *grabs popcorn*

On a side note, nerfing robos was a bad move. My vacation from ED has just been extended.
Post #: 134
8/3/2011 19:38:54   
bluerain28

this is cool and one big step towards balance...... I hate those tank build. Coz they got the robot only to attack. So unbalance with that... Thank you ED for realizing that.. :) Cool update!!!

quote:

On a side note, nerfing robos was a bad move.

bad move to the players who uses that strat using a robot (knowing that it is op'ed)

A big hurray to this update :) going back to BH :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 135
8/3/2011 19:53:48   
IsaiahtheMage

@Soul I so agree. Nerfing bot WOULD be bad but since the cooldown is decreased probably by 2 turns it kinda like a slight buff. :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 136
8/3/2011 19:59:23   
bluerain28

@Isaiah

I think your a 5 Focus build, right? Coz you hated the update

More robot update xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 137
8/3/2011 19:59:46   
Epic Pwnser

^It's probably going to be two turns cooldown.
Robot nerf sucks, but it was the best nerf. Robots were ruining the game by being too overpowered, both physical and energy attacks with 5 focus kills every non-varium in existence.

Epic  Post #: 138
8/3/2011 20:10:52   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

Just thought I'd jump in and explain the rationale behind the whole change. Bots are intended as a supplement to a build. They were never meant to replace Primaries, guns and auxiliaries as the main source of damage.

Assault Bot did a good job of that -- it provided a useful special ability and it gave a boost to Technology by provide tank builds with an extra source of damage. Gamma Bot broke the mold though with two possible attacks. It created a problem because a defensive stat now gave a way to out-damage offensive builds.

We have only 2 bots now, but future bots will likely follow Assault Bot's route with a normal attack and a special effect. You should think of Gamma Bot as an extra skill that can be energy or physical as the situation calls for (but not both). It's there to provide a boost in damage to tank builds, but it's not meant to allow tank builds to compete with the damage of a Strength or Support build.

Every stat, besides Strength has a bit of both offensive and defensive capability. Dexterity is mainly defensive, but it also helps you hit. Support increases Auxiliary damage, crit chance, but also helps with deflect rates and many defensive skills since you can't use an Aux as often as a gun and primary. Technology's main purpose is resistance, but it has an offensive side in terms of bots. The problem was that it's offensive side rivaled that of Strength with Gamma Bot. The Robot system still isn't perfect, but moving them towards a role as a supportive ability is a step in the right direction.

Now there's been a lot of flaming in the past few pages. Several posts are getting deleted for being off-topic, so please remember this is a discussion about the robot nerf. This is not a place to insult other players because they use a 5 focus build. If you disagree with someone, argue with their post, not with the person.

If this gets out of hand again, it'll be locked.

< Message edited by Ashari -- 8/3/2011 20:11:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 139
8/3/2011 20:20:06   
bluerain28

@Ashari

you got my point...

In short. Robots are here only to support. Not being the main attack :)

Cool Robot nerf :p
AQW Epic  Post #: 140
8/3/2011 20:30:48   
IsaiahtheMage

@Ashari Well most people use them as a main weapon. So the mold has been broken for a long time so why not just leave it that way? If people have a problem with Gamma Bot just buy one themselves simple solution.
AQW Epic  Post #: 141
8/3/2011 20:33:56   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Isaiah First off, it was never intended to be a main weapon. It was supposed to be a support item to a build. Just because the mold was broken doesn't mean it should stay broken. In a company that uses molding to make parts they fix the broken molds. It's like saying "Alpha Supercharge was already broken, why fix it?" Second off, Gamma Bot is rare now and is no longer in-game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 142
8/3/2011 20:39:57   
One Winged Angel1357

Honestly i welcome this with open arms even if teh cooldown reduction is by one turn it would force me to rethink my tactics and use my robot wisely instead of spamming it which i do now.

now for those who will look at my char page and say i dont have a robot trust me i have a robot on an alt i promise its my source of power. Infact without Gamma bot i feel my alts build would fail which says the power of Gamma itself
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 143
8/3/2011 20:42:03   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@IsaiahtheMage: Because it's overpowered and leaves little room for future robots. There should be trade-offs for having a defensive build (lower damage) just like there is for having an offensive build (lower defenses). Right now Gamma Bot allows for a tank build with no trade-offs.

The main problem is Gamma Bot because of it's two attacks. It will still remain the most offensive bot after this change -- it has higher base damage than Assault Bot and probably future bots as well so you get more bang out of its attack.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 144
8/3/2011 20:52:28   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

My balance team is yelling at me, but Night and Titan aren't around. The balance team wants me to say that they don't want me to announce that the cooldown for the bots is going down, and that they have to test whether 2 or 3 turns for cooldown is best, and that I was wrong to have announced it prematurely. So allow me to amend my previous statement.

We are going to test lowering the cooldown on the bots with the balance adjustment. If it turns out that leaving it at 3 is more balanced, we will leave it at 3. If it turns out that lowering it to 2 is better, then we will lower it to 2.
Post #: 145
8/3/2011 21:03:06   
IsaiahtheMage

@Ashari Ok then.
@Cindy Man only 3 turns? Well that is still considered a nerf to me. Oh well.
AQW Epic  Post #: 146
8/3/2011 21:06:34   
DeathGuard

Guys you must not depend in gamma bot, gamma bot is like alcohol, you're getting addicted to it. It has been nerfed in a manner it gives foes chances to win.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 147
8/3/2011 21:23:40   
Wiseman

Forcing both bot skills to go into cool-down upon use wont make bots useless, it will make them situational. When using bots you would have to choose which skill is right for the occasion, instead of using them both with no consequences. Bots where never meant to take the place of primaries as the main offensive weapon, they where simply meant to be a side option like gun or aux. As far as testing goes, we will test the bots with both 3 turn and 2 turn cool-downs, and see which one is more balanced, we don't want a weapon that's powered by a defensive stat to be stronger offensively than one powered by an offensive stat. That's cause builds that are strong in both defense and offense are unbalanced, you should have to sacrifice offense to be defensive and defense to be offensive. Lastly, after gamma bot was released, intimidate became one of the worst skills, because players could easily do massive damage without using any skills that relied on strength. With the double-cool down being added to bots, intimidate will once again be a playable skill, and some old builds (like FC-Zerk builds) may see some light again.

Also if you want to look at it from a story standpoint (setting balance issues aside), the bot is one item, it only makes sense for the whole bot to go into cool down when either of its skills are used.

Thanks for reading!

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 8/3/2011 21:27:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 148
8/3/2011 21:25:40   
Stabilis

Guys I need suggestions for alternative nerfs, cooldown to both attacks for 2-3 turns is alright, but what about any other ideas that allow robots to still be flexible but reduce the potency?

I will add any realistic thoughts to the first page, and I will change my first post as when created this thread, I made it in surprise~fury~doom.

< Message edited by greenrain13 -- 8/3/2011 21:27:40 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 149
8/3/2011 21:27:22   
One Winged Angel1357

Robots shall no longer be that crutch we've come to live with so i shall have to rework my build but i will maek it work just fine. Actully im ratehr sad my build uses my bot so much and im happy i wont be able to do this anymore
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Robot Nerf Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition