Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= August 5th Design Notes: Release is Live

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= August 5th Design Notes: Release is Live
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/5/2011 15:39:27   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

quote:

Lag should have been fixed weeks ago, New features?? Serious, When I read those post, It would seem people prefere New features over balance...

This is more than just lag fixing, it's overall improvements to the games code, and yes many people do prefer new features over balance features, but this update is allowing for us to be able to do both more efficiently and effectively.

quote:

funny things is they have dedicate like two update for lag ONLY and yet we still have the lag

by new feature they meant the new MONEY FEATURE

Once again this is much more than just fixing lag, but an entire restructurilization (Not a word but should be) of how the system views files and retrieves them, for the log in as an example this new structure saves about 4500-6500 character symbols for each log in. Multiply that by the 1000+ number of people trying to log in at once and it saves the systems backbone from snapping. Also "MONEY FEATURE"? I don't really think things like a new Retraining System or the big changes we have for improving the bot system are money features.
Post #: 51
8/5/2011 15:52:43   
Sageofpeace

Ommi fine for now but later in the future when they do make this new FEATURES ima remind you of this

the confident that you have is not back up by epicduel history

< Message edited by Sageofpeace -- 8/5/2011 15:54:09 >
Post #: 52
8/5/2011 15:58:18   
PivotalDisorder

my internet died at 1.30pm just as they restocked. got it back up, logged in and 2 energy armours left :) I got one.

Post #: 53
8/5/2011 16:06:51   
goldslayer1

well each day i been playing less and less, and im finding less interest in ED.
it just feels like whatever wins i get, i do them because i have to get them and not because i want to have fun.

im trying to look ahead thinking things will get better, but its been about 2 months now and each day i say to myself things will get better.
then weeks pass by and nothing's changed.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/5/2011 16:07:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
8/5/2011 16:13:10   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Servers will be restarting. Likely more LQS items.

Charfade Claws left. (5)

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 8/5/2011 16:18:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
8/5/2011 16:29:46   
Feral Ninja

Bought charfade's claws... 4 left. :3

But seriously... We need a 24 hour heads up on when the update is going to be... I was working for 10 hours and guess what? It got restocked without me ever knowing... >_>
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
8/5/2011 16:32:21   
Epic Pwnser

^The server is gonna restart very very very soon. So, there's your heads up

Epic  Post #: 57
8/5/2011 16:32:25   
PowerMega

Honestly, because this like the umpteenth time that the balance update has been delayed , the staffs word has lost power in them to me and I don't expect the update happening next week either,wasted money on this game...Im just gonna quit.
Post #: 58
8/5/2011 16:35:45   
Feral Ninja

Epic Pwnser@ Where did you got that information from?

And *sigh* That means they needed a month to release 1 armor and a few balance changes?
To be honest... GET MORE STAFF.
People are begging for work in these hard times, I doubt it will be hard to find atleast 1 other artist/coder/whatever.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
8/5/2011 16:36:57   
Fay Beeee

Well I am looking forward to any update. EVEN if it means I have to rebuild (hate doing that) lol

Sorry if anyone is leaving but remember that anything really worth getting is worth waiting for :)

Good Luck all :)

Epic  Post #: 60
8/5/2011 16:38:34   
Epic Pwnser

@Feral
It was just announced in the red headlines in-game. Well, like 5-8 minutes ago.
But it seems like they're taking their time..
Epic  Post #: 61
8/5/2011 16:39:03   
Womba

@FayBeee Agreed... It's best to just go in looking forward to the best. It doesn't help if a person storms about the bad things...

quote:

People are begging for work in these hard times, I doubt it will be hard to find atleast 1 other artist/coder/whatever.

Hmm... Coding is VERY tedious work. It can get quite infuriating... it's pretty tough stuff even if you know it.
DF AQW  Post #: 62
8/5/2011 16:41:16   
Feral Ninja

@Pwnser: Ah, thank you. :) Didn't notice those. :P

Dibs on Tesla E Male armor. :P

@Womba: I know, I've coded Ruby for a while... It was hateful work. xD (Ruby is the coding program RPG Maker XP uses.)

< Message edited by Feral Ninja -- 8/5/2011 16:43:36 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
8/5/2011 16:43:26   
DeathSpawn
Banned

Lol went from 20 seconds after announcing release to restarting servers to 3 months haha
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
8/5/2011 16:44:53   
Harlock

After 2 week I lost 3 times the chance to keep the Tesla Armor coz ED introduced it in limited amount in wrong moment of the day. I'm wandering if this it'll be the way to indrodueced new items? If so, probably I couldn't take no one for a while coz simply I couldn't stay on line all the day waiting the right moment or press as fast as I can the button b4 it was to late. I'm frustaed for this and honestly I think Isn't a good way to treat people they supported ED work, till today. I'll survive also without Tesla but I wish this it'll be the last time they do this kind of shop or otherwise I'll cancel my account. I'm playing ED since 2 years, in this period of time the improvemts are not so generouse few weapons, few levels, few skills and few way to customize my character otherwise I got many bugs some of em very annoying when I'm playing at 2vs2 duel. Really I wish this could be the last time for this kind of experiments it couldn't be a blanced game till all players don't have the same chances to improve his character. Sadly Harlock
Epic  Post #: 65
8/5/2011 16:50:37   
LambO

What do you know, it get's released when I'm at work, nice one. =)
Complete ****, seriously fed up with this crap. 50 of each when theres more MALE'S than FEMALE'S.

"It will be restocked again..." - Yeah for Americans...

Don't delete my post, I have the right to be pissed of got it. Don't waste my time cause I'll repost.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 66
8/5/2011 16:51:12   
StriderAigis

y is ED restarting?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
8/5/2011 16:51:36   
Evric

:)
got kick in the a battle that i was winning!!!

< Message edited by Evric -- 8/5/2011 16:52:20 >
Post #: 68
8/5/2011 16:51:49   
Infinity Everlasting

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I lost after 500+ battles :((((((((((((((( this is the worst day ever!

< Message edited by Infinity Everlasting -- 8/5/2011 16:52:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 69
8/5/2011 16:51:50   
Feral Ninja

The servers are updating. :3 Get ready to get to Naomi.... FAST!

Merged into the Design Notes thread. Let's keep the discussion about this update in a single thread. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 8/5/2011 16:58:39 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
8/5/2011 16:52:24   
InceptionAE

Just a notify all..

Update to balance

Telsa armor LQS- RESTOCKED
Charfade items- RESTOCKED

ED~ Inception X
HS~ Chromium
AQW~ Deathblad
AQ3D~ Violent

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
8/5/2011 16:53:26   
goldslayer1

wow this is just hilarious it said restart shortly
like an hour ago, so i logged off and came back later thinking release already happened. now it restart while IM npcing and i thought it already released omfg!!

they seriously need a timer or something -.-
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
8/5/2011 16:53:35   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

I am assuming it was for the 2nd restocking of the limited items like Charfade's store and LQS. I was playing when the restart notice came on the screen, so out of consideration, I went and posted for players waiting.
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
8/5/2011 16:53:55   
Drakadh

@Gold IKR!?! xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
AQW Epic  Post #: 74
8/5/2011 16:55:22   
InceptionAE

@Gold

So you're saying they said server restart 3 times now?! LOL!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= August 5th Design Notes: Release is Live
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition