Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: how to balance the classes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: how to balance the classes
Page 28 of 30«<2627282930>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/20/2011 6:06:47   
Wootz

That's why there's gonna be sword only skills :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 676
9/20/2011 6:07:03   
drinde

How about Sword Cheapshot? It's not an Ultimate skill.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 677
9/20/2011 6:44:08   
PivotalDisorder

what about use wrist blades ^^ :P

@I am Primal:

The ED balance team are aware that their is too much synergy [their words] between the tac merc skills but they don't want to wreck a class by completely nerfing them, so they
will make small changes each time until their is a rough balance. I also nerdraged in the balance topic but more about support tactical mercs and 2 members of the balance team
said they are aware of that too, but don't want to repeat their mistakes, like agility as a solution to heal loop builds. Wiseman also said this week that Field Medic is being changed
and that they do have a permanent solution for support but that it's gonna be awhile before it's ready. so yeah just sit tight. if its too much right now then take a break

Posts merged, please do not double post as it is considered spam. Please use the edit button to add additional information to a post. ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 9/20/2011 16:46:15 >
Post #: 678
9/20/2011 18:19:18   
frosty123

I think all special should be able to use with swords. after all surg is with swords right?
I thought of a good supercharge. Charge up a strong ack and do 3 non stop energy atks.
For massaxcure do a leap of faith and slash down on the enemy. Then jump with a sword uppercut then hack and slash till 5 hits. But each hit does 20 of the normal 100% 7 hit massacure. Both are even
Post #: 679
9/20/2011 18:21:44   
PivotalDisorder

or don't allow surgical strike to work with sword :)

< Message edited by psibertus -- 9/20/2011 18:22:03 >
Post #: 680
9/20/2011 18:31:12   
Wootz

Might be good. But I'm hoping for Sword-Only skills.
AQW Epic  Post #: 681
9/20/2011 18:33:19   
PivotalDisorder

Swords get extra stats. I'll be amazed if they ever make sword only skills.
Post #: 682
9/20/2011 18:36:12   
Wootz

Well, they ain't gonna be something super powerfull.
But still; It's nice to have them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 683
9/20/2011 18:49:58   
PivotalDisorder

then I suggest removing the extra stats from every sword :) lol we are going in circles.
Post #: 684
9/20/2011 18:56:29   
Wootz

Then I suggest making it's skills less powerfull or making them do less damage. Yep, in circles. Want more?
AQW Epic  Post #: 685
9/20/2011 19:37:14   
Joe10112

I would like Sword Cheapshot/Poison/Massacre. That would be nice.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 686
9/20/2011 19:44:29   
PivotalDisorder

your over complicating a working system just to have some inferior skills ? and you make it sound like you want them just to look cool.

this is the balance topic, so I ask you this, what does having unique sword skills do for the balance?

< Message edited by psibertus -- 9/20/2011 19:47:45 >
Post #: 687
9/20/2011 19:51:14   
Wootz

Makes more diversaty, creativity, etc.
AQW Epic  Post #: 688
9/20/2011 19:55:43   
PivotalDisorder

needs to go in the suggestions section IMO.

the balance topic is really for existing issues. if you have already designed the skills and can state how they would improve the balance then yes it goes here.

now I am just running circles around you [pun intended]

< Message edited by psibertus -- 9/20/2011 19:56:15 >
Post #: 689
9/21/2011 5:54:30   
Wootz

Hahah, yeah,
We're running in circles [Put intended].
So...let's discuss...hmmm...
How about the requirment on Venom Strike and the Non-Required-Requirment on Toxic Grenade?
AQW Epic  Post #: 690
9/21/2011 16:17:51   
supermasivo

I agree with "sword skills" too i think could be good in all classes too, not only mages!
Sugegstion: Make atom smasher with sword available... like emp grenade in BH.

And about tec mercs supporters... i dont think they are Oped, in fact ITS very easy to beat a supporter tac merc...

I'm ROBERTOCO! THE GREAT!
Epic  Post #: 691
9/21/2011 16:19:55   
PivotalDisorder

they are OP. so stop spreading misinformation please.
Post #: 692
9/21/2011 16:50:49   
Wraith

Robotoco if you can beat a BH, a CH, a normal merc, a BM, and a TM, they 4R3 0P.

Don't give me crap saying you cant, that's saying your a noob if you can't beat those as a tlm.

If you can your OP.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 693
9/21/2011 16:51:11   
supermasivo

Not Oped it's just u cant make a decent build to pwn us... simply.
with my mega ultra tanker build i pwn easy all supporter builds... just use ur brain and stop complaining to devs "supporters are oped" "str are oped" "mages loopers are Oped" pfff...
Any time u duel me if u want...

Edit: Lord ^ i started as a lvl 1 being a mercenary, and tac mercs dont even exist and i was pwning all classes like a 98 % winning rate (with varium gear obviously) i dont need a tac merc to pwn, in fact time ago i changed to BH and still pwning, now im gonna change to TM and im totally sure ima still gonna pwn... u just have to use ur head, simply...
i hope being clear, i dont think im pro couse im a tactical merc... i started as a simple merc from lvl 1 to lvl 33 and few months ago i started as a TLM... and i think my rate of winnings was real good being a merc. (sry if u dont understand my basic english, im spanish)

Sig removed. Please only use it once per page.
Posts merge. Please don't double post. Either use the edit button, or wait till someone else post after yours. ~Mecha

PS: Sorry @Mecha.

< Message edited by supermasivo -- 9/21/2011 17:02:13 >
Epic  Post #: 694
9/21/2011 17:17:19   
edwardvulture

You really can't talk about balance when you have no background on other classes.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 695
9/21/2011 17:22:58   
supermasivo

I do have, i told i used BH, and i have low lvl chars too (TM, BH)... and as i told u i was a simple non variumed merc before :)
Epic  Post #: 696
9/21/2011 17:39:16   
edwardvulture

K just making sure. but as many said tactical merc is too ideal.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 697
9/21/2011 17:46:11   
Wootz

Bounty Hunters are for life, man, for life!
I can't say that BH are UP, 'cause they still destroy everything with a Primal STR build,
and if you get really, really, and I mean really; lucky. You can even destroy a full-varium-geared Support TLM.

Now, to get even more off-topic:
Did you notice drunk bears? I just saw 'em on the TV ;)
AQW Epic  Post #: 698
9/21/2011 18:02:08   
PivotalDisorder

No-one said Tac mercs or support mercs in general are unbeatable, just that the odds are heavily stacked in their favour.
Support mercs always had ridiculous power, then the devs decided that they should have reroute and smoke screen lol.

I beat them regularly with only 44 support on my cyber hunter, I also pwn them on my mage too but It doesn't change the fact
that you have to be pro at the game to outsmart them, whereas almost anyone can be successful with a high support tac merc.

that is UNBALANCED.

if the class wasn't easy to use and very powerful, you wouldn't see half as many, but you do. kids almost cry with joy when they
can finally afford to switch to that class. most 33 female players are also support tac mercs. those 2 things tell me all I need to know

so yes I can outsmart them, I can beat them, but support definitely needs a fix and tac mercs need their skill tree reviewing.
both these facts have been acknowledged by members of the ED Balance Team so who cares if another tac merc says they aren't OP
Post #: 699
9/21/2011 18:16:24   
frosty123

So everyone must change to _____ class to Beat ______ build/class. Everyone must change to this _____ build with ______ stats and buy _______ weapons and enhancement _______ stats just to beat TLM. It should never be like that. There should be at least 2-3 builds for each class to beat the new OP______ (TLM) class. not one build for only and you dont need specific wep
Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: how to balance the classes
Page 28 of 30«<2627282930>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition